Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73477 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
Sharkman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soo the VDC are ready too buy and bolt on from XS customs?

(First on page 4 and 5!)

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 02-16-2005).]

IP: Logged
slickrick2000

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of VDC kits, I just finished designing my set, and am going to start figuring out the best way to have them made.

After a set has been made, I'll test them out to see if anything I designed needs to be beefed up. Since I have never seen a hinge in person, I had very few options on how to scale the parts. Basically used common sense and the constraints of space, but until I actually get one built, I won't be able to fine tune things.

When I get these done, they will be completely bolt on ready for the Fiero. And I may decide to sell a few if it's not too difficult or expensive to reproduce. I have seen whats out there now, and it sure seems to me that they sell these at extremely high costs that must be attributed to R & D, supply, and the fact it's something that people will just pay that much for.

If I do decide to sell a few, they won't be as expensive as the ones I have seen, and if something changes that makes them cost that much, then I'll be sure to let you guys know why. And I probably won't sell them.

Sorry to change the subjet......Lets see some more pics of the mods that are underway.

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car look's awesome Madcurl.In your spare time could you take some more pictures of you hinges so I can get an idea on where to start drilling and mounting my VDC universal hinges. Thanks
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..."popcorn.gif".....lol Keep the ideas coming madman...I already love it!
mr.tourismo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr.tourismoClick Here to visit mr.tourismo's HomePageSend a Private Message to mr.tourismoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Curly... Mind if I use a few of ure ideas... If you wanna know which 1s PM me... its under wraps...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

hey Curly... Mind if I use a few of ure ideas... If you wanna know which 1s PM me... its under wraps...

Hehehe i think quite of few of curly's ideas are gonna get used !

I know i have several of them already earmarked for my car.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

I don't mind. My ideas are nothing new. They have been done on different cars before which, I too have copied.

News: My trip to BAK was great! We got most of the work done on the rt. fender flare and vent molded in. It's a ruff fit and needs some smoothing. My goal is to help out in the process so that the other side can be finished w/o me being there at the shop. The IRM rocker is removeable with bolts to hold it in place. The bolts are placed from the inside of the vent or front area of the fender well. The top of the fender flares "kisses" the edge of the 305's. THe apprearance is "stock" looking w/o a none knowing Fiero person thinking it has been modified? Too me it looks and feels like a "stock" look but rather a stealthy body feel.

If things work out, I'll be back to finish the Camero bow-tie tips, front fender flaring, and rear bumber. I have new pics now. Exoticse might post them once he gets home? Remember, it's not 100% finished. There are few areas that need attention, but you get the idea. So grab some popcorn and enjoy.

Madcurl.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-18-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Thanks Orville for sharing a rear clip from your "field of Dreams." That rear clip will have a "new" life on #? (insert secret part here). btw, no good rear clips were cut. Orville had a FB rear clip that was already cut and part of Orville's DNA on it, hehehe. I didn't know that black widows hide out inside a rear "b" clip?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-18-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay back from work, ready to roll,........ sit back and enjoy:

Here are pics of the fender flares as Madcurl and company get back to work on smoothing things out

A step further along in the process with more glass (or filler ?) going on::

Ohhhhh yeah!

a couple different angles

Vents in black primer:

Speechless.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

A step further along in the process with more glass (or filler ?) going on::

Vents in black primer:

Is that "Bondo-Glass" or just filler..??

I HOPE that it is bondo glass...
Why did'nt you just fiberglass the flare to the fiero BEFORE you did the filler, etc..???

Speechless.

That is absolutely AMAZING!!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Answer for NAFAL. I forgot the name of the brand used but, it's flexes or gives with the body. Or "forgiving" as it allows for some movement. Trend use a metal studs that hold the part in place and then smooth the material over the preped area.

I guess, Trend could have used the material underneath the fender but I have never seen them to on other cars. I guess this way works for them so it works for me? It has worked on #11 so far.

More pics are on the way. Enjoy.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the fender going to be molded into the lower scoop piece as well, or are you leaving them as two seperate pieces?
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Answer for NAFAL. I forgot the name of the brand used but, it's flexes or gives with the body. Or "forgiving" as it allows for some movement. Trend use a metal studs that hold the part in place and then smooth the material over the preped area.

I guess, Trend could have used the material underneath the fender but I have never seen them to on other cars. I guess this way works for them so it works for me? It has worked on #11 so far.

Yeah, it is like Bondo-glass in a few ways... It does 'forgive' like you say, I have used it in several places on mine!!
I was asking because I got into a habit of screwing whatever in place, and then fiberglassing anyways over that... I guess I was just being better safe then sorry...

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Is the fender going to be molded into the lower scoop piece as well, or are you leaving them as two seperate pieces?

I bet not, because I have a feeling thatt this fastback clip is going to also be doing a flip for us also...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No. Fender is to be bolted in. I can use those plastic fasteners like the ones used for the GT rear bumper below the tail lights. That way if I'm lightly bumped in the rear.....they might break loose instead of ripping the metal bolts?

My goal it to un-bolt the IRM's by removing the rear tires and wheel well or fron the entrance were the vent begains?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And a view from above:

Dough19

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dough19Send a Private Message to Dough19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow is all i can say

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You going to take that lower GT aero rocker panel of the bottom of the door?

------------------

--1986 SE V6, Wild Custom Notchback --For Sale Click Me!
--1984 SE Modified Notchback

cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what size wheels and tires are being used? Also, are wheel spacers being used?

Thanks.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cire36:

Does anyone know what size wheels and tires are being used? Also, are wheel spacers being used?

Thanks.

Look here> https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/035277-2.html

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You going to take that lower GT aero rocker panel of the bottom of the door?

I don't know yet? I have three Ausie rocker door panels. I originally had planned on using Ausie on the bottom too. In any case, the door panel will no doubt be the last item that I'll tackle. It will be changed for the Ausie or molded into the door skin. Right now, I'm focused on the rear bumper and front flaring for now. It's getting really "old" driving around with a primered car. I don't like long drawn-out projects. I like to finish it before I get bored and then move on to other "pipe dream" projects.

The gas cap opening is cut and will be laid at a angle similar to the Redux's. This involves more time so I'll jump on it 3/2/05. I have more pics. Exoticse may post them once he has time. Enjoy the show.

Thanks for your thoughts.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-21-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Soo the VDC are ready too buy and bolt on from XS customs?

(First on page 4 and 5!)

Yeah, the (bolt-on) VDC kit are ready to buy. Jerry is going to install them while I'm in FL.

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm assuming the XS VDC kit is around $1500? and it is now a bolt-on do it yourself setup without any extra modifications?

Contact info for them? I might have missed it somewhere in this thread, if so im sorry.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

So I'm assuming the XS VDC kit is around $1500? and it is now a bolt-on do it yourself setup without any extra modifications?

Contact info for them? I might have missed it somewhere in this thread, if so im sorry.

look here for more info> https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048655.html

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

more from madcurl

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New for the interior

Mustang vents.

Inside of vents will be painted black

Momo steering wheel installed

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-03-2005).]

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey madcurl, how about you get rid of the filler there?? Use a 'full' front fender and copy the design as you did the otherside. Relocate the filler nozzle behind the driverside tailight. You can put a hinge mechanism by the trunk lock. You can then extend the cable to a factory style latch that would connect to the outer edge of the tail light assembly. When you need gas, pull the lever, the taillight would pop out about 4" on a center pivot, Fill the tank, click the tail light back into position, off ya go!!

------------------

--1986 SE V6, Wild Custom Notchback --For Sale Click Me!
--1984 SE Modified Notchback

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey madcurl, how about you get rid of the filler there?? Use a 'full' front fender and copy the design as you did the otherside. Relocate the filler nozzle behind the driverside tailight. You can put a hinge mechanism by the trunk lock. You can then extend the cable to a factory style latch that would connect to the outer edge of the tail light assembly. When you need gas, pull the lever, the taillight would pop out about 4" on a center pivot, Fill the tank, click the tail light back into position, off ya go!!

Hmmmm.....I seen that on a import. Good idea, thanks. I was thinking of moving the gas cap north a little. I have a few ideas left. I did however, checked on the Audi TT gas cap........WOW! Too rich for my blood.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmm.....I seen that on a import. Good idea, thanks. I was thinking of moving the gas cap north a little. I have a few ideas left. I did however, checked on the Audi TT gas cap........WOW! Too rich for my blood.

Just curious, how much was it ??

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's Fun Time again. Heading to BAK Tuesday for rear-end JLO modifications. Get your popcorn before the show starts, hehehe. If time allows, Exoticse may have time to post pics?

Later. Madcurl

PFF
System Bot
bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it going to be ready for Daytona?

Bonzo

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***Bump***
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

Is it going to be ready for Daytona?

Bonzo

Nope,...won't be finished, but it will be there.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2005 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New stuff from madcurl

Side wing tips added

gas door modifications

Not sure on the details yet, but apparently there has been a major setback and it has something to do with this picture ?

Stay tuned !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-06-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2005 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
It appears the setback is more time related.

Apparently a water pipe ruptured at the shop, causing associated problems and delays.

In the meantime, one more to snack on.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-06-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newest rear bumper work:

Curly gets a new toy.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two New pics are on the way. I said a prayer prior to the cutting of my other rear bumper to be skin grafted onto #15. The rt side is now flared outward pass the morbidly obese 305's. I got the car aligned at a local DUB shop. Boy were they shocked! I'm wraping things up for now for the long trip to Daytona to roll with chopper #14 on Wednesday?

If Exoticse has time he might post them. Enjoy.

Madcurl.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-10-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys let me just say this is scary,....this car is nowhere near done and it is already jawdropping !

New pics of the right rear:

Down view of the right rear:

Those 305's not looking so out of place now huh ?

Driver side view:

No drooling on the keyboard please.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-10-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's roll! Mr. Mike's seats are in and I'm heading to FL. 3,000 miles just like 2004 Daytona show.......only this time I'm roll'n with #14. Yeah, my car look ugly on the outside but, heck who cares.

I may have a few more pics this Sunday before heading out?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock