Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73477 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sail panels are reattached and glassed.

The roof panel is also modified and glassed.

Both panels are then removed and 100% glassed from the backside.

Archie

BTW, I own page 2

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-22-2004).]

IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Archie

BTW, I own page 2

As it should be... I thought this was my car for a second. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

As it should be... I thought this was my car for a second. Just wishful thinking on my part.

HaHa yeah, it looks a lot like your car did.

This car........today...

Your car at this stage of construction..........

Kinda makes you look twice.

Maybe Curley is trying to copy your car.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-22-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This car........today...

Your car at this stage of construction..........

Maybe Curley is trying to copy your car.

Archie

Ha Ha, Thanks for the comparison...I knew it wasn't just my imagination. They look like they were separated at birth...

But when Curley is done that car will look nothing like mine. It will be completely unique.

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

I am thinking about buying a car that has an aftermarket sunroof, that is slightly smaller than the stock fiero sunroof.

Would that pose any problems as far as a chop ? If i wanted would you also be able to convert it to a full hardtop,..no sunroof ??

Sorry to deviate from the threadd.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie,

I am thinking about buying a car that has an aftermarket sunroof, that is slightly smaller than the stock fiero sunroof.

Would that pose any problems as far as a chop ? If i wanted would you also be able to convert it to a full hardtop,..no sunroof ??

Sorry to deviate from the threadd.

The small Sunroof wouldn't be a problem except that it's .... ah ......... well......... SMALL.

If we have a roof panel to use, we can convert it to a solid roof.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2004 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So are we finished yet ???

I think this was the fastest chop i have seen !

Think Archie has this down to a science ?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2004 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

So are we finished yet ???

I think this was the fastest chop i have seen !

Think Archie has this down to a science ?

HaHa, no we're not finished yet, still have a lot to do, just taking the weekend off.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new to post?

Heheheheh.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Anything new to post?

Heheheheh.

Well we got a lot done in the last 2 days but I forgot to bring the pictures home with me tonight.

We've already got the back window installed & tomorrow they come over to put in the windshield, so there will be a lot to report tomorrow.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-26-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hehehe. Too many WMD threads. Lets see some pics to calm my nerves. Darn it! I thought I would own pg 3. But I did achive 2000 post's. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-27-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This week

After we have fitted the front roof section & rear clip, we take them off and glass them from the back side.

While the rear clip is off we had the glass guy install the new rear window.

Then we can put the body back on & start glassing, filling & sanding.

After sanding & primer in a couple places.....

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Starting to fit the rocker panels......

Sanding & filling........

We had the new windshield installed this morning, but by the end of the day it was dusty too......

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good as always.

Question(s):
Hey Archie, did you find any spare parts that we were talking about?
What is the height from the bottom of the rear window to the top of it? (not from the bottom glass to to the rear clip).
What is the distant from the rear window to the trunk?
Will I have a hard time removing the rear clip for modifications?
I notice that you'd used a brace on the sail panel area. Is this a "improvment" vs the old way?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-28-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Question(s):
Hey Archie, did you find any spare parts that we were talking about?

You need to call me on that, We don't have a rear clip & I don't recall what else we were looking for.

What is the height from the bottom of the rear window to the top of it? (not from the bottom glass to to the rear clip).

Dunno, I'll have to measure that. Do you want the window glass or the opening the window goes in?

What is the distant from the rear window to the trunk?

Donno what you want there, it's in the same place as the window used to be located.

Will I have a hard time removing the rear clip for modifications?

You'll have to remove the 1/4 windows, then it'll come off like stock (see the answer to the next question).

I notice that you'd used a brace on the sail panel area. Is this a "improvment" vs the old way?

Been using that on the last 4 or 5 cars at least. It keeps the rear clip from distorting while we are handling it.

This is a pic from Chop Top #13 While we were glassing it from the inside.......

Don't forget to call me on Tuesday when you start getting within an hour or 2 of LV.

Archie

------------------

Member of the "Im Tired Of All The Flame Wars" committee ITOATFW

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey arch? how do u get the back window in wihtout taking the clip off? i had to do it first well actually take the clip back off to get it in there... Maybe im wrong but u make it removable right? seems like mine cant come back out cuz it wouldnt fit , well that and its sealed back in.

justin

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While the rear clip is off we had the glass guy install the new rear window.

Then we can put the body back on & start glassing, filling & sanding.

Archie does remove the clip to install the rear window

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a pic from Chop Top #13 While we were glassing it from the inside.......

Interesting?

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie do you do anything with the windshield wipers since the windshield is angled lower?
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Hey Archie, I thought I was lucky #13?

Jim

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2004 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this will be the last update for a week.

Progress will continue on the several Fieros we have in process.

I'll be in Las Vegas for this next week attending the SEMA show & playing cards.

As of this weekend almost all of the body work is done. New Dew Wipes are in and both windows installed. The 1/4 windows are about half done. And we still have to put the interior back together.

It should be pretty well wrapped up by the time I return next Sunday.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-30-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's De Javu all over again. Hehehehe. I guess Christmas is comming early this year. Can't wait to pick it up in 10 days!

Hey Archie, next year you should get a booth at SEMA 2005? You need to show off some of your creations. No need to transport #11 & 15 to Caleefornia either.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-30-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

The first red fastback chop top is really going to be nice... Almost the twin of mine...I wish

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry. Just testing ideas. Hehehehe.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice
Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its nice how they split the trunk from the engine compartment.
PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uh ohhhhhh curly's at it again.

This guy comes up with a new idea a day !

If he can make it work,..look out !

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like apart from the Celica lights that the Redux will be a recreation of the 1990 prototype.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It looks like apart from the Celica lights that the Redux will be a recreation of the 1990 prototype.

Yes. The concept is my idea for this one. The Redux is alright, but this looks better if it can be made? I'm currently looking at various dealership for a rear window hatch. So far, the 1991 Corvette rear hatch seems to be the closest candidate. Followed by the NSX rear window.

Otherwise it's back to the drawing board using a import rear hatchback.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm.....two more days left!
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmmm.....two more days left!

It's all done here. I'll have to remember to take my camera to the shop tomorrow to take some pics.

Maybe I should wait to post pictures until after you've left Wednesday AM, then I can post pictures of the car, then pics of you picking up the car etc. ............ I could get several days worth of pics posted before you see any of them.

Archie

------------------

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm unbelievably jealous -- I think summer I am going to focus on bodywork (assuming I can finish re-rebuilding the engine by then :P), and I would LOVE to have the money for a chop, but I don't know if it will happen. Anyway, just wanted to let you know how awesome it looks! Good luck!
--Bryson

BTW -- is that the special "chop stall" or something? I just noticed both cars were in the exact same place

------------------
88 Fiero GT Quad4 Turbo =) 396 whp!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm jealous...I wanna 'nother one

If only I had anymore fastbacks for you to chop

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2004 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bryson:

BTW -- is that the special "chop stall" or something? I just noticed both cars were in the exact same place

I think it could be, I have pictures of a few other chops that were taken in the same spot.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2004 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm.....18 hours left! Then the Pontiac "Excitement" begins!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-09-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley goes Choppin'

Curley is now on his way home & George R. is dropping off Chop #16 Tomorrow morning.

Archie

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like Curley is in for some fun times in the world's newest chop top.

Including #16 it seems that Chop Tops are more popular than ever.

Archie, you better prepare for a record number next year!!

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2004 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a good drive home Curley!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock