Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73477 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Because---good threads should never die.

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I need get re-started on #015. Alot of items unfinished, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I need get re-started on #015. Alot of items unfinished, hehe.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly any new pictures of the three brothers all together ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I do, but I'll need to send the pics to you.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, two of them, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been pretty quiet here. Time for the MadArch kit!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to the info regarding expired tires I went to the garage to check the morbidly phat tires on #015. No visual outside cracks detected.

Rears; 1104- eleventh week of 2004. Now I need to check my original invoice, but I know it's been many years during the MadArch proto-type build-up. Either way, I'm not throwing them out. The PRosso are only good for 20,000-25,000 mile max.

Fronts; 1505- fifth week of 2005.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-02-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still awaiting the Mad-Arch widebody.

Bump.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up some new goodies from the GM parts guy. I've been neglecting #015 for some time now. It's time to roll.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-23-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I'll use the same fog lamps as #020, but using Jimmy's front Fiero bumper.

I opt for the Corvette fog lamps since my GM parts guy couldn't receive the items I originally ordered, so instead of a refund I'd rather have the C6 lamps. Besides, I was going to need them later in the build using the MadArch widebody kit.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-23-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally, #015 is back in the grove. The Mad-Arch should arrive next Tuesday or Wednesday.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OKay this thread is almost 5 years old. Not to offend BUTTTTT how can you see this car as a DD? I LOVE the work you are doing, don't get me wrong! I LOVE the idea of using front fenders to widen the body. I enjoy seeing your creative side on these cars but...... when ya gunna drive it? Or am I mistaken that you drive it to the different vendors to be worked on? That is what it looked like at first.
Just wondering.

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

OKay this thread is almost 5 years old. Not to offend BUTTTTT how can you see this car as a DD? I LOVE the work you are doing, don't get me wrong! I LOVE the idea of using front fenders to widen the body. I enjoy seeing your creative side on these cars but...... when ya gunna drive it? Or am I mistaken that you drive it to the different vendors to be worked on? That is what it looked like at first.
Just wondering.

WHY? To BETTER SERVE MANKIND. To summarize my delay. I've been busy working with various Fiero venders throughout several states in hopes of helping fellow members (here) in tweaking their Fieros a different way other than the typical rebody Ferrari or Lamborghini. Now accomplished I can return to what I intended to finish... #015. I expect to drive #015 in a couple of months once the body is glassed on.

Bump

(singing) Staying alive, Staying alive,......

Hmmmmm did i just date myself ??

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Archie:

Everybody has seen the thread on Curley's Wide Body car called the Arch-Rival.

This thread is to determine of there is any REAL interest in a kit to convert a Fiero GT into a Wide Body.

Here's what we are thinking about doing.

Please be very careful to read exactly what we are considering producing.

1) We would be making a set of Integrated Rocker Panels like the ones that are on the Arch-Rival. These would be complete panels that are ready to put on the car like our other integrated rockers are.

2) We would be making a set of "Door Caps" that would be installed onto the top of your original Fiero door panel. I'd call these "builder parts" meaning that someone will actually have to do the labor to glass them onto the car & do the needed body work to blend them into the car for a finished look. This would keep you from having to fabricate them up from scratch like we did, but it wouldn't totally eliminate the need to get your hands dirty.

3) We would be making a set of "Fender Caps" that would be installed onto the top of your original Fiero rear fenders. They would also have a "return" that goes up into the wheel well that the original inner wheel well liner would fit up to. I'd call these "builder parts" meaning that someone will actually have to do the labor to glass them onto the car & do the needed body work to blend them into the car for a finished look. The "return" would aid you in locating these caps in the correct location. These would keep you from having to fabricate them up from scratch like we did, but it wouldn't totally eliminate the need to get your hands dirty.

4) We would be making a complete fiberglass rear bumper that has the ends flared out to meet the other wide body bodywork. This bumper would completely replace your current bumper. It would have "returns" in the wheel wells & the original wheel well liner would fasten to them. the "returns" would also help you to locate the reap bumper in the correct location to match-up to the other wide body parts. These would keep you from having to fabricate them up from scratch like we did, but it wouldn't totally eliminate the need to get your hands dirty.

The pictures would indicate the areas we are considering making molds from.

Making molds for these 7 parts would be a bit expensive & I wouldn't expect to actually sell more than 10 or 15 sets of them over a 3 to 4 year period of time. So that's why I am looking for those that would actually have a REAL interest in purchasing a set. I expect that a set of the 7 parts would have to sell for $2200.00 to $2500.00 to pay for the tooling & manufacturing time & materials.

Is there enough interest?

Archie

Starting from scratch, yes. Otherwise, reusing the existing part saves you time and avoidance of laying down 4-6 layers of fiber glass (thickness), beside the "L" bracket (roof) is main part and as you can see it's curved.

This is the part I'm mainly interested in;

To be continued;

[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-13-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just wondering.

Please don't rush the guy,...... the moe time he takes, the more ideas he comes up with and the more it benefits the fiero community with the cool ideas and products he comes up with (like the widebody kit, and the rear decklid window kit being sold by Archie).
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Coming back to life soon !!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Coming back to life soon !!

On Tuesday, we'll see "what Brown can do."
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no doubt that there have been NUMEROUS and inventive ideas come out of Curly's head. Although some may say negative things about the fact that he can afford to have others do some of the work for him, is it any different than anyone else getting someone to do an engine swap for them? When I need firewood, I don't spend all day Saturday/Sunday driving to chop up wood. I'd rather pay someone $125 for a cord while I do a brake-job in 2 hours and have the rest of the weekend to work on my car.
Keep up the good work Curly. I definitely don't have the patience that you and others have on here to wait on driving their car. I'm sure the finished (if ever? "new ideas") product will be amazing. I had 2 fenders that I was going to practically give away but thanks to seeing your thread, they will be part of my customizing of my car. can't wait to see what comes about next.

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On Tuesday, we'll see "what Brown can do."

Brown did good.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
V8Archie did good.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-19-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is no doubt that there have been NUMEROUS and inventive ideas come out of Curly's head. Although some may say negative things about the fact that he can afford to have others do some of the work for him, is it any different than anyone else getting someone to do an engine swap for them? When I need firewood, I don't spend all day Saturday/Sunday driving to chop up wood. I'd rather pay someone $125 for a cord while I do a brake-job in 2 hours and have the rest of the weekend to work on my car.
Keep up the good work Curly. I definitely don't have the patience that you and others have on here to wait on driving their car. I'm sure the finished (if ever? "new ideas") product will be amazing. I had 2 fenders that I was going to practically give away but thanks to seeing your thread, they will be part of my customizing of my car. can't wait to see what comes about next.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and like you said, "having someone else do the major work" is a whole lot easier than starting from nothing. My goal is simple; add a bit of "uniqueness" to our beloved Fiero w/o having to resort to a replica, cause there is no need. The ideas are right in front of us.

I'm glad V8Archie listened to my ramblings and produced the kit. Once purchased, all that is needed is one's imagination. Remember, "tweak it before you glass it."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-19-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The better part of the day was spent removing the old fender flares and ausi door caps. Afterwards, I spent the rest of the day cleaning and vacuuming all of the dust. I should've used a plastic screen to keep the dust contained, but I was up at the crack of dawn and didn't want to lose my rush.

I removed most of the dust and cleaned up a bit. I trial fit the MadArch rockers and everything seems to be okay.

Because the MadArch kit was initially for a 87--- the 88 year sticks out a bit so I'll need to tweak it to fit the massive 345s.

The same holds true for the rear bumper using 12" wide steam rollers.

I hope to attach the remaining parts on Thursday to see how the kits flow.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-21-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember when I was at that stage

I still have a long way to go

looking good Curly
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's get going. Started today with the passenger side door. Removing the inner wasn't a problem and neither was the outer skin, well,... the hex screws. All but one was a pain. It took me 20-minutes looking for a 30 size hex since the other one wasn't sturdy enough to loosen the hex screw.

MR. Mikes interior. Years later and it's still holding up.

Those little tabs have got to go!

Outer door skin removed--- now I need to tackle the little plastic tie - ons.

Clipping heads, hehe.

I had to drill out the metal bar tabs.

I never had to remove my doors, but what a surprise-- V8Archie draped the impact beam with terry cloth.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-21-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I won't be needing this, since I'll use the F430 mirrors.

One of the bolts broke on #011, so I'll make good use of #015s.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sanded down the outside and inside door panel. It would've been better to buy a Formula door and bypass the glassing, but due to time and no Fieros are the local junk yard... this will have to do.

To be continued...

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-22-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I got the original #020 MadArch widebody kit. As you can see it's a bit taller and more aggressive.

It sits higher on the back end allowing for additional tweaking (something I like) Original old "G." .

As you can see, the MadArch kit is meant for those who want something unique. No stock is required.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-22-2009).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, I would love to have that on my car.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly with the ramped up outer door skins, how do you compensate cosmetically on the inside of the door panel ??
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly with the ramped up outer door skins, how do you compensate cosmetically on the inside of the door panel ??

I was thinking the same thing. I think that there's some production car's with something simular to that. I think it gives it a sleeker look.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GodFather, I think Curly's junk yard is starting to look like ours now! LOL.
it is good to see Curly working on his cars again, not that Archie does a bad job just that working on them our selves is part of the fun
Curly, don't get that dust anywhere you don't want to itch ????????
looking great

not to hijack but godfather how is your going?
I will be getting back to mine this weekend once I finish the 355
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been juggling several cars this week, #020, #015, #011, & the work car.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-23-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

As the saying goes, "hindsight is always 20/20." Therefore nothing will be done on #015 since the interior is already completed by Mr. Mikes. However, most owners no modify the upper interior door panel since it isn't a real big bother, because most are painted. However, there's no more hanging your arm outside the window like an idiot. I guess its one way of preventing your arm from being yanked off in a accident.

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Forget brown, I love those doors.

Oh yea, nice work on the GT's also - Love the tail end of the wide bodies but hot damn those doors look good!

--Allen

------------------

Posted by fierocarparts:
My thought is DRIVE your car so you (and others) can "APPRECIATE" your investment while it depreciates in monetary value. It is like having a case of beer in your fridge. You may own it BUT are your really enjoying it?
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

GodFather, I think Curly's junk yard is starting to look like ours now! LOL.
not to hijack but godfather how is your going?
I will be getting back to mine this weekend once I finish the 355
D.

Haven't had much time to work on the car. I've been busy with work and need some motivation to get back in the groove to work on it.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

Forget brown, I love those doors.

Oh yea, nice work on the GT's also - Love the tail end of the wide bodies but hot damn those doors look good!

--Allen

Thanks. My realtor informs me, "a house should have curb appeal." Well, that may be true, but my knuckles and fingers whole heartedly agree for they have suffered the brunt of one too many small entrances. No matter the time, forethought, route taken, or cautious measurements--- my knuckles are caught between the door frame and the big item I'm hauling in & out of the house.

Otherwise, wide main entrance doors and wide body kits fall under the same heading..."curb appeal." For both are rarely used to the extremes, both look darn good, and both well cost you some $$$$. Wow, I some how merged front doors and wide body kit on a Fiero forum.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-23-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Katatak for alerting about spring compressor. I'll add this to my project now, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hanging with Orville today. I needed some "skins" and Orville has a field of Dreams. Thanks Orville.

After talking it over with Archie, it was best to start with a non- GT door panel. Thus no need to glass over the holes. Besides, I need a section for the side mirror opening.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checking out the clearances;

Due to the increase curviture of the Lexan glass the back end of the Lexan is pretty close to the impact beam ( I only had the thickness of a ruler). The V8Archie choptop glass will no doubt be the same, but if it should be a bit thicker than the the terry cloth will prevent scratches.

the front end doesn't have any clearance issues (it clears with no problem).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-29-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock