Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 67)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was talking to D1S about my speedo connection. Only one is currently reading.

IP: Logged
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I called kevin from D1S and he was upset with the station not listing the car as a kit. Anyway, my day was wasted so I had Panda's-yummy.

It's a MadArch kit.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 01-03-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Wire day: cutting the excess.

Nearly 2 feet removed for one ignition wire. I found a way to snake the Taylor wires in and around thus eliminating several inches. On number #015 I'll use the same sizes.

Nicely tucked underneath the Caddy plenum.

Chris West demonstrated how-to crimp the first two ignition wires as I did the rest.

I've gotten at least 300 miles on the engine since the installation of the Taylor ignition wires. I was a bit concerned when BubbaJoexx cautioned me on the extended wires being used. So far no misfires, but still I'm cautious and carry my fire extinguishers. The evap canister is located in the same place as #011 and no issues. #020 is a bit louder than #011 due to the exhaust tips.

Today, I finally fastened down the beautification parts using the tear drops and allen screws. I stopped by Trendz for the paint and it was decided to go Victory Red (Corvette). I looked at the burgundy in two colors and due to the Arch Rival's curves it won't fly. Joe said he can take me next week and it shouldn't take no more than 6-weeks. They're going to use some type of material on the under side of the C6 Flipper to deadened the sound, paint prep. They're taking the car apart except for the roof. $1,500 for the prep and closing gaps in and around the car and installing the Audi lamps. The shop in Tehachapi was jacking me around and promising me the world coated with candy. LOL.

I'll be driving the car around for a few weeks going over last minute ideas before paint and I have an appointment with the CHP and brake and lamp inspection. That should take a couple of weeks. Meanwhile I need to head back to the alignment shop for fine tuning of the alignment. It's much better, but not as good prior to messing with the suspension using the same wheels and tires. I don't know what the numbers where prior to removal of the old suspension, but one or two more visits and it should be back to normal. From talking to Troyboy Fieroguru aligned his car and Troy isn't experiencing any issues.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-05-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing the GoPro camera.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From talking to Troyboy Fieroguru aligned his car and Troy isn't experiencing any issues.

That probably was bmwguru he was speaking of. I haven't ever worked on Troy's car.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

That probably was bmwguru he was speaking of. I haven't ever worked on Troy's car.

he is right curley it was bmwguru in NJ, drop him a pm for the specs. With the 345's in the rear the factory specs made the rear end dance when I got on it, but after bmwguru tweaked the settings its much better.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2012 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

he is right curley it was bmwguru in NJ, drop him a pm for the specs. With the 345's in the rear the factory specs made the rear end dance when I got on it, but after bmwguru tweaked the settings its much better.

Thanks. I already Pm'd the correct person. BTW the Arch Rival is riding much better, but not as-good-as #011. The weather here in CA is great with no rain in sight.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two years later I'm back getting a few items retweaked.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Passed inspection by CHP and Brake & Lamp shop. Now ready for DMV. I hoping for the best.

The Audi lamps will have to wait until after the DMV inspection for Certificate of Sequence.

The interior will have to wait too.

For all who are using the Camero wing having a "live" video feed is a must IMHO. Mine needed resetting and I can see very clearly from the back and with a wide view.

Finally gotten around to installing the "tear" drops that connected the main chrome bar.

The Ace Hardware store ran out of hex screws so the banjo covers aren't bolted down.

They ran out of 24-28 screws. Oh well, nothing is rattling and is secured.

This may sound very stupid, but I accidently left my rear hatch partly opened while driving home after I had briefly stopped at Carl's Jr. I couldn't understand why my chopper was being sluggish. After a few minutes I realized that the top was airing out the engine, hehe. I pressed the button and the hatch closed. I guess that was why people where seen looking at the bling.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I ran the heater and the Pontiac G6 vents works just fine. I just need to get going on the other end vents.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curls,

The car looks sick ! When you add the audi lamps, it will cause wrecks !
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Night Life:

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I ran the heater and the Pontiac G6 vents works just fine. I just need to get going on the other end vents.

What is the largest outside diameter of the G6 vents?
I have a "tweak" in mind, and 2 of those look like they might be *perfectamundo* if they aren't too big.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that's ......Pontiac Excitement!

Amazing what a larger rotor will do for the look of a car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by randye:

What is the largest outside diameter of the G6 vents?
I have a "tweak" in mind, and 2 of those look like they might be *perfectamundo* if they aren't too big.

I'll take some measurement with a pic.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll take some measurement with a pic.

I thank thee kindly good Sir!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I thank thee kindly good Sir!

I was busy today and forgot to take the pic using my digital camera, but I took a few pics using my GoPro. Looks like the backside diameter is 2 7/8" and outer or top lip is 3 1/4". I can take more in the morning if you want. The depth is 3 1/8"

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-13-2012).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was busy today and forgot to take the pic using my digital camera, but I took a few pics using my GoPro. Looks like the backside diameter is 2 7/8" and outer or top lip is 3 1/4". I can take more in the morning if you want. The depth is 3 1/8"

OH YES!
3 1/4 inches is the magic number
All I need to do is score a perfect pair of the vents and a small sheet of plexiglass and I shall have another small tweekaroonie on the way.

Thanks a million Curlmeister!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When does the car go back for the remaining body work and audi lamps ??
meet_my_grandma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for meet_my_grandmaSend a Private Message to meet_my_grandmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have no idea the things I would do for this car! Great work though, Id love to see it in person.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
When does the car go back for the remaining body work and audi lamps ??

Too busy enjoying the car for I almost forgotten how good it feels to drive it! Everything is set for Trendzs to finish the Audi lamps and to preceed with the Victory red paint job. I had to adjust my Lotus wiper blade (apparently the nut wasn't on the wiper assembly), but I got another one and it's working just fine (just in time since it's raining here in CA). The power steering feels great and my alignment is just fine (but needs a little more adjustments).

I must say you really need a camera lens in the back when having a Camero bow tie wing in a choptop for half of your viewing is obstructed by the 4" wing. I'm thinking about installing another lens up front that will allow for me to switch over during parking straight towards those street curbs/bumps. I also need to make a cover for the rear lens. When it's raining droplets tend to build up on the lens blurring my view.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-20-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you should bring it to Daytona
Ender-DI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ender-DISend a Private Message to Ender-DIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I stopped by Trendz for the paint and it was decided to go Victory Red (Corvette).

This explains a lot!

Today, my girlfriend came by my work and picked me up for lunch. Afterward, as we were headed back to my office, I see a very familiar silver chop-top Fiero. I told her, "TURN AROUND! You need to drop me off at that shop over there!" She ended up dropping me off at Trends Auto Detailing to go investigate and, sure enough, standing there next to the car was MadCurl himself.

I've been lurking around on this forum for years. It was a great pleasure meeting you and a joy getting to see your beautiful car in person!

[This message has been edited by Ender-DI (edited 01-27-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by meet_my_grandma:

You have no idea the things I would do for this car! Great work though, Id love to see it in person.

uh,..keys please !

jk folks !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-27-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting back on track with the Audi lamps. Today I had Steve at WCF make a shelf to separate the two light structures. This is what I wanted the shop to perform using fiberglass, but they're taking too long and I don't like shops that promise you a set time and don't keep them, so I took matters into my own hands.

First I made a pattern that rest on top of the Corvette fog lamps and using the previous shaped back plate I had the two part welded together.

A bit too large in this pic so it was trimmed down a bit.

These are the first stages of the project called, "Upper stiff lip." In the next pictures I then traced around the backside to reduce some of the height to allow for the Audi bracket to fit into the area. The area will need slight modifications by 1/4" or so. It was better to cut away a smaller portion and then enlarge if necessary.

Now the extra lip is removed and a shelf will be used to go over second hump of the fog lamp.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-03-2012).]

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's get this thing in paint already!
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is getting way to far down the page! Any updates?
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MadCurl, what's up with the build? Need more pics and updates. Have you picked the final color? When is it going to paint.....fill us in
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zefferk:

MadCurl, what's up with the build? Need more pics and updates. Have you picked the final color? When is it going to paint.....fill us in

I should have some pics today. The color was pretty much a no-brainer after talking it over with two body shops. Joe at Trendzs help me to realize that Victory Red was really my only choice since the car is a one-off (different if there were more). The car needs to "pop" and as others informed me "black" doesn't show the lines nor does it photograph well. The burgundy peal (after seeing three examples) just didn't cut the mustard for #022. Joe said those colors are for luxury cars and not for sport cars.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to seeing this!
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see the progress MadCurl! Sounds like the right color choice to me.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The color I decided go with.

Just so happens that a Mercedes was basking in the sun.

I removed all of the beautification engine parts (expect the valve cover throttle body items. Stereo was removed, and front HRE's. I had to leave the rears because the 14" rotors for 19's wasn't big enough. Four weeks is the expected delivery date, but I'll give them 6-weeks. Time to move onto #015.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-01-2012).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They do their painting OUTSIDE??
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to say....THAT is one niiiiiice looking car you've got Curl!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

They do their painting OUTSIDE??

Some type of tribal art going on here using one of those air brush guns. The paint booth is attached to the building if not the polisher would be very upset trying to buff out whatever lands on the paint. I'll be back to see the car next week or so. It's pretty much out of my hands now for Joe has taken over and wants to change a few things.

I'm now moving onto other ideas for #015. Although, I cherrished #020, but after 6 years and it's time to move on to bigger and better things using the MadArch widebody kit. I have a few drawings and ideas to piggy-back on using the widebody kit that I couldn't do with #020 (due to it possibly being over crowded with ideas).
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by I FAR I:

I got to say....THAT is one niiiiiice looking car you've got Curl!

Thanks, but I've seen better. Newer ideas are on the horizon.

Originally posted by madcurl:I hope to attach the remaining parts on Thursday to see how the kits flow.

I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear ya. The new build is not bad, but I really like the one in your avatar. What's the story there?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates on the paint?
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I FAR I:

I hear ya. The new build is not bad, but I really like the one in your avatar. What's the story there?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/032834-13.html

Choptop #11. (FKA "Northstar Fastback")
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

any updates on the paint?

Only from those who have passed by and saw the car at the shop (like the tow truck driver LOL). The tow truck driver was towing my Eclipse to the shop and noticed the choptops and said, "Aren't you the guy with the tricked out Fiero I saw at the paint shop?" I might get a chance to see the car in two weeks or so. Right now I'm too busy to go by and check it out.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-16-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock