Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 60)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (256474 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always thought a mild amount of chrome looks decent on a car. Though I feel it is very easy to overdo it with the chrome. You have definitely overdone it. Overdone it so much that it actually looks nice. Keep up the amazing work!
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

I've always thought a mild amount of chrome looks decent on a car. Though I feel it is very easy to overdo it with the chrome. You have definitely overdone it. Overdone it so much that it actually looks nice. Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks. The project is nothing more than a pipe dream thus it's rather difficult to determine the outcome of the engine beautification. Once the interior side of the rear clip is painted-I hope the pear paint will draw the eyes away from the chrome (the only other example I have is #022). I checked with the chrome shop today and the remaining parts aren't completed. I hope to pick them up on Wednesday. Anyway, here's a pic of the sail window with the only chrome strut cap.

before:

after:

before;

after:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-13-2010).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by madcurl

Curly, I have never seen exhaust done this way on a Fiero before, are you going for the trucker look Joke! LOL!
it just looked funny in the pick with the pipes sticking out of the trunk.

the car is looking great, keep it up.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Curly, I have never seen exhaust done this way on a Fiero before, are you going for the trucker look Joke! LOL!
it just looked funny in the pick with the pipes sticking out of the trunk.

the car is looking great, keep it up.
D.

Yeah, I need to have the non-polished areas coated with some type of engine heat paint before installation. Otherwise, living near the cost they'll turn into rust in no time flat. The chrome shop should be completed with the remaining parts on Tuesday. I called Chrfab about they're custom ignition wires, so I can move the car to the back yard and get going with the front flipper. It's still a bit nippy outside and believe it or not--it snowed in the mountains. There's a car show in town and I want it completed (nose and engine wise).

18MAY2010; a GRATUITOUS BUMP

I stopped by the chrome shop today--still not finished. My guess; two more weeks.

The right side strut cap.

UPDATE MAY 26, 2010: I called the chrome shop today and they informed that the chemicals for the aluminum tank hasn't arrived. So, as I predicted that parts won't be ready until next week (maybe Thursday since Monday is a holiday). I did order my custom ignition wires from CHRFAB in black and should arrive next week. At least I can start the engine once the wires come in. The good news; I think we've experience our last snow for the year and the weather is warming up for me to glass the side of the flipper.

UPDATE JUN 2, 2010: My Taylor ignition wires arrived from CHFAB today while I was in the garage working out.

I called the chrome shop on Tuesday and it will be another 2-weeks before parts are completed. Oh well, I can get started on installing the wires and move the car in the back for fiberglass tweaking. In the meantime, a Memorial Day 2010 brief intermission;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-03-2010).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
two words: pearl brandywine.

as in I really can't wait to see this car painted!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test fitting the new Taylor spark plug wires I had custom made from CHRF.

Other-than-that, I'm still waiting on the remaining chrome parts. The shop informed me it will take 2-more weeks. In the meantime, I can at least start-up the car and move it too the backyard for glassing the C5 side marker lamps.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-04-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates..??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

any updates..??

Actually, nothing picture worthy. I'm still waiting for parts from the chrome shop. I'll check with the shop on Monday, but I doubt the parts will be finished until Thursday. However, I did purchase a 18" ground cable to connect to the coil pac to the body. Currently working on #015 right now--trying to buy a few items right now.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-12-2010).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
curl-

Holy Smokes! This build is the greatest, shiniest ever! If you ever drive through Ohio, I will have you arrested and chained to my Fiero to work until it looks even half as good! How am I supposed to be happy with my little stock Iron Duke when people are out there building big beautiful monsters like this? You better not drive through Ohio. You have been warned!

Shoot man, I wish I knew how to weld! Look at those pipes!
AWESOME!

tbone
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

curl-

Holy Smokes! This build is the greatest, shiniest ever! If you ever drive through Ohio, I will have you arrested and chained to my Fiero to work until it looks even half as good! How am I supposed to be happy with my little stock Iron Duke when people are out there building big beautiful monsters like this? You better not drive through Ohio. You have been warned!

Shoot man, I wish I knew how to weld! Look at those pipes!
AWESOME!

tbone

I'm headed to the chrome shop to pick-up the remaining chrome parts today.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seriously, curl, this is the most awesome shiny ever. *bows to the master*

Wow.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was only able to pick-up 2-parts from the chrome shop today. The remaining two will be completed on Thursday.

running the plugs throw.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-17-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Passenger side on;

it's was getting dark outside so the pics aren't that good.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am just speechless....

------------------

Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8 ~4T6OE
SmoothGT~II

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I was only able to pick-up 2-parts from the chrome shop today. The remaining two will be completed on Thursday.

I received a call on Tuesday. My two insert parts are finished.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Curly! Now drive it to Ga. and I will get it painted for you
just in time for Daytona. LOL!.
D.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that lawnmower needs some chrome.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

Now that lawnmower needs some chrome.

Oh the Mower has staggared wheels and electric start, hehe.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I received a call on Tuesday. My two insert parts are finished.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-01-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy Crap... all your cars are looking good, but this is really over the top!
I will have to give you a call sometime soon to catch up.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time to see some more glass fly !!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Holy Crap... all your cars are looking good, but this is really over the top!
I will have to give you a call sometime soon to catch up.

Nice to hear from you and--you have a PM.

Originally posted by exoticse:

Time to see some more glass fly !!

Too busy at work (thank God) and I'm too tired to do anything after working 10-hr days and I barely had enough time to complet the engine beautification. I'm going to need to "farm-out" the remaining nose modification to Trendz, but that won't be until September.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A pic from inside the car.

No fires.

Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your engine bay is f*ckin epic! im not a fan of chrome but that looks sooooo sharp and the hatchback is just cool as hell it just shows off the egine and bling like none other.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Any updates?

No. The Sumer of Madcurl wasn't ment to be. I hope to get back to work on the front end and then paint. It's been a really, really buzy summer and I just didn't have any time to work on #020. I look at the car and head right back to work I barely had enough time to complete the engine beautification.

Oh yeah, I sent Tony of your recent trophy pics so I hope he has time to post, but please do continue to send pics as you move forward.

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

your engine bay is f*ckin epic! im not a fan of chrome but that looks sooooo sharp and the hatchback is just cool as hell it just shows off the egine and bling like none other.

Thanks. I really wanted to paint the engine compartment, but due to $,$$$.00 I decided to go all chrome and/or painted chrome.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-03-2010).]

Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No. The Sumer of Madcurl wasn't ment to be. I hope to get back to work on the front end and then paint. It's been a really, really buzy summer and I just didn't have any time to work on #020. I look at the car and head right back to work I barely had enough time to complete the engine beautification.

I know the feeling - things have been crazy at work, and I've been traveling a lot. The bad news is that I don't have time to play with my car....but the good news is that I'll make 1K on United!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly things slowing down yet ?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Curly things slowing down yet ?

Finally. Thank goodness!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-30-2010).]

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly you got some bling bling on that hot machine my friend! LOOKING GOOD!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Bump

As of now, all of the chrome is removed and is sitting on the kitchen floor. Late last night, I finally button down the parts and started up the car-after nearly 1-years LOL (it started on the second attempt). I had a better idea for the engine compartment. I'm going to have WCF relocate the coil-packs and extend the wires leading to the coils. I got the idea from two people here on the forum.

Besides, I need to drive #020 for CHP inspection. I could leave some of the chrome in the back (maybe), but I really want to them to get it over with, so I'll go there bare, hehe. They'll check the trans/engine, and other components on the car as they did with #011. On #011 they only checked the engine/trans and gave me a hard time because it was SB100 car. I told the officer, "look. If DMV says it's okay-then it's okay." If I was a criminal- the CHP would be the last place I'd be going to, but honest people have no choice.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-20-2011).]

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you are still at it with this one good luck with the custom car police
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After starting #020 I decided to jump back on the nose-particularly the audi driving lamps. There's a large horizontal gap between the Corvette fog lamp and the Audi driving lamp. I had plan to glass in a section to blend in both parts, but today I came-up with a better idea. So I stopped by WCF to have a piece of aluminum cut and bent to follow the angle of the Corvette fog lamp.

The mock-up

The pull back

Once the part is shaped into place-my goal is to have the part chromed.

Right now the part is sitting on top and is crooked, but on Wednesday I hope to have at least one side completed.

Side pic:

Testing: It's not level, but you get the idea.

The Audi driving lamp fits nicely between the Corvette and fog lamp. I'll have to remove the front clip and glass the underside.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-26-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
#020 was in hibernation for nearly 10-months. Finally it rolls on the concrete that was laid in 2009 or so (LOL).

The polish dual tips looks far better than the original.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Side marker lamp day.

Trust me-I really didn't want to start, but I need to get finished.

It's been over a year since I started the other side. I needed to find all of those missing parts.

Mounted and ready to go!

The first piece

The second piece

The third piece

The forth little corner piece

Sanding and glassing.

Once dried I'll sand the inside and glass.

Bolts and brackets removed;

Driver side

I like how the nose has levels vs. a flat area

Done for the day:

These pics are for Tony.

Time for myself.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

09-09-2008 01:49 PM
Mod changes;
Green tape;

This the second time this area has been changed, but as one person said to me regarding his change, "I wasn't married to the part, so I changed it."

Going backwards. I glassed the inside and outside today. It need one more layer on the outside and then I can move forward on the driving light divider. Cutting the small sections wasn't easy since make sure everything was pre-cut and ready to lay before the fiberglass hardened. Getting the C6 headlamps back in place was a pain. Eventually, I'm going to redo the hinges.

In all-I like the way the tweak side vents came out. The sides now "pop" and adds shape to a otherwise boring area.

The side maker lamps are sitting inside the opening. I need to hook them up later.

I need to redefined the top edge of the side marker.

In all I have three layers so far.

Freaking hinges!

In all I must have gone through 4-5 Dremmel blades after which the Dremmel died. I gave up and used my 4" cutting wheels. I headed to Home Depo for additional resin and supplies.

Nice weather.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-28-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock