Originally posted by exoticse: Curly, you and your tweeks,.hehehe
Yep. Upon visual inspection I notice that there's too much "redness" so a tone-down is in order. If you've notice that the MadArch wide body kit has an area near the Camero bow-tie wing is attached and is blocked off. #020 was a copy from the original opening from #015 chop top. I like this area for it allows for various tweaks and I'm going to use this area to blend in with the OEM rear tail lamp by painting black. Thus the vent leading backwards to the rear tail lamps will be black. I think this will had a bit of detail, aggressiveness and keep the tail lamp from jumping out at you.
The bottom area of the Camero bow-tie wing will be black also. Trends is going to sand down a minor line to separate the tow color (as if there's two parts). The base of the F360 will too be painted black and maybe the opening in & around the Audi/C6 fog lamp too. My goal is to break up some of the visual "redness" and by use of the HRE547 black center wheels the car will look OEM, but in a modern fashion.
I'm a bad dude when it comes to using green or yellow tape, hehe.
The base of the F360 mirror will be painted black (more OEM like). This will blend in with the sail window and were the soon to be painted vent area near the tail lamp.
Also, I forgot to mention this too:
The 350Z side vents were the flat area underneath the metal screen will be painted black too (. Although all of the screens will be painted black, I didn't want the red to "pop" from down under.
[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-12-2012).]
I just called the shop and they're applying the final coat of primer to the underbelly of the C6 flipper and are saying I should have results on Monday (which in laymen terms translates to another 2-3 more weeks). In total #020 has been in the shop nearly 5-months, but I'm okay with it since the project is moving (unlike the shop in TEH)
That's the ticket! Leaving a vent allows for additional tweaking and adds some "pop" to the area.
Meanwhile, I was in Anaheim CA today. They fixed the two HRE outer lip plus re-chromed, painted centers, and total chrome on #020 wheel.
Meanwhile I was in Bakersfield CA today. It was perhaps the most important day because I needed to inspect the C6 flipper before it's painted. I had a few tweaks, so I got right too it, but before that here are the results of the modification of the side vents leading from the Corvette fog lamps.
[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-18-2012).]
The idea behind this is to allow for the use of black paint in and around the roof, shelf, and sides of the Audi/Covette area and to break up the red in the front. I've seen it done on newer cars and I think this might work for #020 vs. the entire area being red.
Now for the Lotus wiper area.
Rounded to copy the rest of the body angles.
Chromed fronts are completed and the rears will be the same.
Curly, it is so great so see your dream finally becoming a reality! I am using the exact same "shadowing" technique on my rear lip spoiler. It really adds depth and definition.
Thanks. It's been a long, long 7 year itch (2005), but the car is coming along. I agree with you regarding blackening the backside of the wing. It gives the car a more aggressive look for the red is a tad bit over powering to look at. I'm headed to the shop now, but it will take another month before I suspect it's finished with the paint job. The Norm's C6 flipper is a tough cookie to tweak and mine has a lot of openings to smooth out.