Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 54)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (256059 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like a place that gets the job done and no BS. West Coast Fiero got the job done with in a few hours. We drank some beers and eat some pizza. I've had this part for nearly 4-years and nobody wanted to touch it. Finally, I take it too WCF and the part is completed. Now I need to take it down the hill to AC Plating for buffing the rough spots.

Instead of a flat corner, WFC designed a curve in the corner;

I quickly laid the valve cover on to make sure of clearance and it's okay. Oh yeah, the plenum cover it sitting on top and isn't screwed down so it looks a bit crooked. I need to shave a small portion on the corner to allow for bolting down (I only mention this for trolls and internet insurgent who follow 50 yr old men around).
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A minor lip adjustment and the plenum should fall right into place.

No chance of lowering the actuator since everything is disconnected, but it look good through the glass.

Window of opportunity; Christ West V8 turbo.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-26-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received some good news from Kevin at D1S. My Baer 13/14 Corvette brake package will arrive next Tuesday. Kevin has informed me that he now has the CNC parts for those who want 13/14 combo package (he used mines a template). He also in the process of making the emergency brake for his customers using all brakes set-ups using his design. Stay tuned for picks. That is all.

In the mean time, I'm still admiring Keith Huff's beautifully polished North Star engine dress up package from CHFAB.

I have a few ideas of tweaking my engine compartment, but over-all my inspiration was no doubt Keith's. Right now my engine compartment looks like crap compared to Keiths' but eventually I hope to get the job done. I don't plan on chroming the fire wall engine cover since that would require lowing the engine (not gonna happen!), but a shot of paint will no doubt be inside the comparment.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When does the frontal and side nose glasswork continue ?

P.S.

Does he have a price list for the brake packages and elements yet ?? I don't believe it is listed on his site.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
When does the frontal and side nose glasswork continue ?

P.S.

Does he have a price list for the brake packages and elements yet ?? I don't believe it is listed on his site.

I was awakened by a young pretty female (USPS) today ( should've taken a pic, hehe).

Anyway, here's the first package. Carrera shocks.

A better pic of the clearance issues. The curve in the trunk that was impeding the valve cover application. Plus the cam sits high so you need to tilt the valve cover towards you as the valve cover is lowerd. I'm happy with the way it was cut, but I doubt I'll remove either valve cover since the N* only has about 30,000-miles on the engine or unless I get a super charger--- then it's multi-tasking, but for now everything stays as-is.

Look ma, I got working room!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-29-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
I was awakened by a young pretty female USPS today ( should've taken a pic, hehe).

LOL!

looking good Curly
D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by whodeanie:
LOL!

looking good Curly
D.

Thanks. Yeah, I was dead sleep and it wasn't until I looked up,... I saw a pretty face. If she comes back the with remaining boxes I'll take a pic (if she lets me).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-29-2009).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2009 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautification process:

Objective: throw out hack job crap!

First on the list:

Geezs, I mean really. I like D1S and all, but come on dude! Welding a arm would've been better than a hardware part.

I hope to remove the throttle body and have it buffed and polished.

Remove stock air filter canister and use a 3.5" intake with big K&N cone fitted into the side intake. I'll have to remove it once I take the car to smog station.

I'll check with CHRF for options available.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

As with several venders--- they somehow can't comprehend that updating a web site is critical to their business. Anyway, D1S did ship out a Corvette package to a person who lives in CA (they got their package by the way). Tony, if you're serious about buying the kit (cash in hand) --- you need to give kevin a call (that's if he picks-up ).

I've been waiting around all day thinking my package was to be delivered on time,... like today. Somehow, somebody dropped the ball and it will be here on Thursday between 9am and 7pm! Get this--- I paid extra for faster delivery! The total weight is 138 pounds, so I doubt they'll be a 110 beauty at my door this time.

I was on the phone with CHRAFB regarding the throttle body and I did remove it. So it's not a total waste of time.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-30-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that UPS girl but she does get around! LOL.
looking good Curly.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Relaxed day and working around the house. Oh well, WFC did the throttle bracket and we went over a few custom mods.

I'll get the throttle bracket and throttle polished.

Brakes from D1S should arrive on Thursday.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hanging around for 8-hours waiting on UPS and I didn't want to chance it by leaving for a few minutes. After working on #015 the package arrived I guess around 17:08 HR, but they never rang the door bell.

The package weight was 138 pound so it wasn't like it was going anywhere.

It's amazing that the CD wasn't destroyed by the weight of the contents.

I'll need to have the Corvette repainted for the paint is coming off. Oh well, they were repaints anyway. I guess the original owner wanted to go the cheap route.

One thing is for sure--- stock is out!
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you have good seatbelts.
Are those hub assemblies custom made?

------------------
87 GT Tilt Clip-Widebody-RamAir-Fastback-GlassHatch Powered by SBC 383 6-speed w/ NOS
Build Thread

"Roads?...Where we're going, we don't need roads." - Emmett "Doc" Brown

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

Hope you have good seatbelts.
Are those hub assemblies custom made?

Sorry for the delay, but I've been working like crazy! Yes. The hubs are custom machined by D1S. The ones I have are Baer system using 13/14 combo. Geese, Kevin called about the install and I haven’t had the time to call him back.

Update: Throttle body and various parts are off the car and ready for polishing. After talking it over with Troy; it was best to have the parts polished and clear coated. I didn't have time for picks or any time to drop the part off at the chrome shop since I was in a hurry. Hopefully, I'll have time to install the Baer brakes, but with my busy schedule I can't seem to find the time. However I’m grateful that I’m working for a lot of people are out of work-- so I'm counting my blessing.

Later, I got to run.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only a few days off from work--- I was able to stop by the chrome shop and to see if they knew anybody who can CNC these parts. It just so happens there is;

In two weeks the parts should finished (I'm giving it too the end of the month).

I asked the guy to make me 10, but with "Choptop" etched into the area instead of "IMSA."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-15-2009).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is something that I am working with as well. But I use the Fierostore Ornament and the original fenders. Nice work.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...=1342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...topic.php?f=10&t=173

CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Though personally im not very fond of the front end of this car I have to say from the side mirrors back...this is possibly one of the most beautiful cars Ive ever seen. I cant wait to see it all finished
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the parts are back from the chrome shop. I still need to have the throttle body polished, but no rush--- just one day at a time.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-05-2009).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been reading through the 54 pages of this thread the past few days at work and I am really blown away. Please don't stop with the updates, I really want to see this car painted like that corvette all those pages ago.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

I've been reading through the 54 pages of this thread the past few days at work and I am really blown away. Please don't stop with the updates, I really want to see this car painted like that corvette all those pages ago.

I've been working nearly non-stop and haven't had the time to get things done, but I'm moving forward ( just a bit slowly). I'm trying to get the outer portion of the throttle body polished, but the part is giving me a headache. That said, the car will be painted in a color similar to the corvette pictured a few pages back.

the headache: I need to disassemble the part for polishing.

The spring can only move down a inch to reveal the metal part in the pic.

There are 8-taps on the opposite end, but I don't know if these are holding in the part. I did use a rubber mallet to tap on this area, but nothing happened.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-12-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dropped by WCF today and had Chris take a look at the Throttle body. Apparently, I wasn't using the right equipment (rubber mallet) so a brass mallet did the trick. I can now take the part to the chrome shop for polishing.

I took plenty of pictures for re-assembly.

The metal ring flange that prevents the throttle body arm for backing out.
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That said, the car will be painted in a color similar to the corvette pictured a few pages back.

This one.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly how is the engine breathing with the 350Z glass and the new vent setup ?

As per normal ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly how is the engine breathing with the 350Z glass and the new vent setup ?

As per normal ?

All is good (so far), but I haven't driven the car in 100 degree summer heat.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up the remaining throttle body parts from the Chrome shop today. I nearly fainted from the intense heat in Bakersfield, CA, so I headed straight to Jamba Juice for a big cold one and the way back I stopped by Tahoe's Joe for juicy steak since Red Lobster jacked me around... yummy!

Other-than-that... there's nothing new and I don't have time to install the parts. Too busy working.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-27-2009).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2009 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad that you stopped and got a steak. Wouldn't want you to eat the candy that was sitting on the seat next to you. Nice looking throttle body.

Tony
Rufus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rufus88Send a Private Message to Rufus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awsome, remarkable, mind bending, spectacular, brilliant, superb, genius, outstanding, extrodinary, absolutely incredible, wonderful, awe inspiring, magnificent; the english language doesn't have enough words to explain the absolutely mind blowing work of Mad Curl's creations. That motor looks as if its going to be so clean that not only would I eat on it, but after I was done, I'd put it in the dishwasher. This is turning out just exquisite!

Rufus
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rufus88:

Awsome, remarkable, mind bending, spectacular, brilliant, superb, genius, outstanding, extrodinary, absolutely incredible, wonderful, awe inspiring, magnificent; the english language doesn't have enough words to explain the absolutely mind blowing work of Mad Curl's creations. That motor looks as if its going to be so clean that not only would I eat on it, but after I was done, I'd put it in the dishwasher. This is turning out just exquisite!

Rufus

Thanks for the compliments, but the Arch Rival has a long way to go.

After messing around with a smog rep (yesterday) I finally got some time to work on the Arch Rival. I reassembled the throttle body and all that's left is the "back out ring" and a few bolts (here and there), but it came together pretty easy since I took plenty of pictures (also it helps that I cheated by looking at #015). I gave it a spit shine (to remove all of the finger prints and oil), but it will no doubt need some TLC as the miles go by.

This is how the throttle bracket and throttle should set inside the engine. I must say it's a great improvement over the dull hardware parts.

No more black slut inside the throttle body.

new chromed bracket with arm

Due to the throttle body's sensitive area it was best to polish verse chrome, but other items were chromed. Like polish rims I'll need to apply some elbow grease.

Other-than-that... nothings new. I need to order the polish intake from Summet this week.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-02-2009).]

Rufus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rufus88Send a Private Message to Rufus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh don't let this thread die please

Rufus
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started to mount the throttle body on Friday, but I somehow dropped one of the main (4) bolts. My fingers were too fat to get in-between the cracks so I need a magnetic tip to retrive the bolt. There's a few additional bolts I need to chrome, but over-all the polish parts are looking good.

I also stopped by WCF for the details regarding the engine compartment--- I have a few ideas that I want them to explore.
PFF
System Bot
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No more black slut inside the throttle body.

LOL, nice lookin pieces you got there. Im envious. We gonna see you at Daytona this year?

-Joe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

Are we gonna see you at Daytona this year?

-Joe

I'm was talking it over with a friend who lives in FL regarding some multi-tasking, but I doubt that any super friends will bring their choppers (they seem to have every excuse known to man.. #003 & #025, hehe). I would love to roll with JScott and Will-Martin, but it seems everybody is super busy... I know I am.

The infamous and elusive black bolt. Geese, I don't know why, but whenever there's a hole or crack--- somehow (a) bolt or nut will fall right inside. I had to buy a magnet-stick to get it.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-09-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Moving away from the throttle body and towards the intake now with plenty of parts that will need to be chromed.

I'm headed back to Auto Zone for a brass coupling to fit over cruise control throttle wire.. I don't like those ugly nuts.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-09-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looking good Curly !
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautification: Hex bolts.

I wasn't liking the old bolts.

Decided to upgrade.

A bit better, but I might need to chrome the hex bolts.

Time for fall cleaning;

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly! When does this thing go to paint??

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Hey Curly! When does this thing go to paint??

Prior to June 10, 2010 (I hope). I have few more tweaks to perform before paint.
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's looking real pretty,keep up the good work.

Don

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.491 sec
1/4 mi - 11.323 sec
mph - 116.40

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock