Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 53)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (256050 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll trade you my cottage for the car :P complete with pontoon and some children.

Love the further improvements you're making they're really flowing with the body lines now looks good.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

I'll trade you my cottage for the car :P complete with pontoon and some children.

Love the further improvements you're making they're really flowing with the body lines now looks good.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Archie:

The only things that are the same as when Norm put it on the car are the lip around the bottom front, the C6 headlight locations & mounting method & the side marker light locations.

Archie

I finally got around copy and pasting today. I didn't want finish the area before I had a chance see the markers and points of reference.

I made a templet of the vent lining and reverse the tape. I measured twice before I started cutting.

Using the tape outline, you can see by moving the vent inward add depth and a bit of flare in a otherwise boring area.

It's hard to see the edge but the hood is coming alone nicely.

Traced the line, but I actually moved the line inward a bit.

Nothing new in the rear. I was too busy today.... maybe another day.

I called Unique today about the second coil. He told me he forgot to mail it.

Due to the dust you can barely see the chrome evap holder;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-01-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Point of no return;

Pretty much the same as the driver's side; cut' n glass;

I'm liking the outward wings on the hood. I wasn't married to the part, so I changed it.

Yeah, it'll fit, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-28-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly that came out really good !

Good idea making a templete and flipping it over to the other side for accuracy.

I can't wait to see the the new EAS arrival added to the mix !
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. Keep up the work on this one. When are we going to see her again out here.

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Looking good. Keep up the work on this one. When are we going to see her again out here.

This year-- I'm staying close to home (CA/NV). I had planned on attending the Dells show, but it seems I'm too far behind (re-tweaks/paint). Otherwise, I'd like to get the Redux chopped (one of these days), but I need another N* and I don't want to drive the 2.8 engine any further than 2 blocks, hehe. Seriously, I don't trust the motor even though it's a rebuilt. Heck, I'd need a box load of coils and moduals for the trip.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
My Baer Corvette 13/14 rotors and brakes I had D1S make are nearing completion. I should have mine around the first week of May. D1S made a set of three for the 1987 Fiero. Kevin uses hub centric ring (added by a very tight lug application) and the part are made using a CNC machine. Kevin asked me to put the word out regarding the remaining two. Yeah, and I told Kevin to answer his darn phone!

(not the actual ones, but similar to the 88)

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though I am not currently building a Fiero, the Arch Rival has helped me keep my focus. I actually watch a few threads here on PFF, and a couple on other forums, but your "go boldly where no man has ever gone before" approach hits closest to home for me. As I am sure you're well aware, no-compromise one-offs, can be a bit exhausting at times. I have actually been tempted to throw in the towel on one of my projects a few times, but seeing your car start to jell in the final weeks at Archie's, and up to this point, reminded how sweet the reward is for persisting. I finally got my hands dirty with something other than just keeping the thing running today. The Arch RIval is looking really good - thanks for the "pep talks"

Something I have been meaning to ask you is what type of reaction are you getting driving this car around California in primer? Here in Ohio, people are really not used to seeing anything truly unique so my projects always stick out. Most hot rods here are what I call "formula cars", meaning they stick to a prescribed list of acceptable modifications. Cars are rarely ever modified to the point of not being instantly recognizable as what they started out being. It's like someone convinced them that only the major manufacturers are allowed to build concept vehicles.

I like attention, so being the guy who refused to follow the rules suits me just fine.

Edited to fix the emoticon.

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 04-30-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Even though I am not currently building a Fiero, the Arch Rival has helped me keep my focus. I actually watch a few threads here on PFF, and a couple on other forums, but your "go boldly where no man has ever gone before" approach hits closest to home for me. As I am sure you're well aware, no-compromise one-offs, can be a bit exhausting at times. I have actually been tempted to throw in the towel on one of my projects a few times, but seeing your car start to jell in the final weeks at Archie's, and up to this point, reminded how sweet the reward is for persisting. I finally got my hands dirty with something other than just keeping the thing running today. The Arch RIval is looking really good - thanks for the "pep talks" :thumpbsup:

I like attention, so being the guy who refused to follow the rules suits me just fine.

Thanks. I've been known to travel across various states for tweaking; V8Archie is one of many shops I've used. XS Customs in FL for VDC, PISA in AZ for customs dash, Norm's in OH for C6 flipper, D1S in OK for Corvette 13/14 brakes/N*, WCF in CA for center consols, and many unique after market companies. The key is to tweak their parts-- re-modifiy it the way you want it and build upon the Fiero's DNA and avoid key design elements that are uniquely known in the general public as "Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Lotus."

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Something I have been meaning to ask you is what type of reaction are you getting driving this car around California in primer? Here in Ohio, people are really not used to seeing anything truly unique so my projects always stick out. Most hot rods here are what I call "formula cars", meaning they stick to a prescribed list of acceptable modifications. Cars are rarely ever modified to the point of not being instantly recognizable as what they started out being. It's like someone convinced them that only the major manufacturers are allowed to build concept vehicles.

Todd, it's a mixed bag. I must say from the past comments (#011 & #015) that many people spend more time trying to figure out what make of car #020 is. Only a few people know "off the bat" what type of car it really is and that's becuase they either own a Fiero before. The time spent on figuring out what are the "other" elements added to the car.

However, for others that don't know anything about a Fiero-- I guess they're trying to figure out where they've seen the car before... for it looks fimilar, but they can't place the car with any one car made past or present, because (I guessing here) the key elements (rear hatch, side vents, and nose) aren't Ferrari nor Lamborghini, but when they go out back.. they see "PONTIAC." The name badge truely throws them off.

However, the people who have seen my previous chop top have commented that #020 is the best one so far. Trendz paint shop (in Bakersfield, CA) can't wait to paint the car. Joe wants to avoid red, but wants a pearl paint job. The logic behind this is simple; avoid colors that Ferarri and Lamborghini uses on their cars-- thus confusing the public. The only beef I have with Trendz is the tail lamp. The tail lamp stays!
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
...it's a mixed bag. ...many people spend more time trying to figure out what make of car #020 is. ...time spent on figuring out what are the "other" elements added to the car...

That pretty much sums up the reactions I get - mixed bag. I am all the way on the other extreme, in that my goal was to build my own brand/model. They really struggle with the fact that there is very little to identify with. Very few people seem to identify what make and model I started with, which I take as a confirmation that I am succeeding in my main goal.

I definitely get what you mean about not confusing the concept with other brands. I started in 2005 and made the mistake of using some actual Cadillac parts (my concept is a sport sedan) and styling elements that were too similar to something Cadillac might do. After three years of people asking me what model Caddy sheetmetal I grafted in, and assuming that my goal was to build a Caddy, I started making MAJOR changes! Now I mainly get questions about what my end goals are. I don't even get many questions about what the original car was now.

Anyway, here's to creativity. Looking forward to seeing more developments...

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 04-30-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Busy, busy, busy. That's been the tone for the last couple of weeks. I did get a chance to evaluate the area of interest:

Can the C6 and Audi 8 lamps fit? Hm.

Using pointers from #022; The goal is to use the area below the cardboard, but #020 has a curved corner that nearly matches the Audi day lamps;

mission control we do have room!

A snug fit (not in position but you get the idea), but once the wires are repositioned everything should be okay.

As you can barely see the Audi lamps wrap around the contour of the C6 flipper (keep in mind I only need the lower portion of the lamp).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-07-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
My trip to the local junk yard paid off. I found a pig tail for the Eclipse rear view mirror. Can you say, "bye, bye" to Mr. stock interior lamps.

Location: the stock bulky lamp switch has seen it's day... time to go buddy!

As a school friend use to say back in the 70s; you need to lighten up;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Other junk yard follies; I picked up a sun visor (passenger side). Since #020 interior will eventually become light beige this was fitting. I'll have it covered of course.

a 1987 in good condition, oh well it happens.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tweek city !

With the slight modifications you have made to the front end it is going to look awesome !

The move of the little winglets on the hood scoop made a huge visual difference, much more natural and just much more pleasing to the eye.

Same with the nose side vents and marker lights. They now match the flow of the rear, and give it a more uniform and factory look.

The audi running lights will be the cherry on top ! The car will now look more menacing, aggressive, and modern/futuristic ! I am drooling waiting to see these installed.

So many good ideas,....I love it ! Keep pushing the envelope !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-11-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a call from Unique Chrome on Friday regarding my 2nd coil. Apparently, Eric sent the package to the wrong address. I should recieve the coil on Wednesday (I hope) along with my D1S 13/14 brake combo. I have a feeling that one of the brakes are about to go super glue on the rotors. I've been reading alot of threads where they've gone bad.
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pads fail? or the actual caliper seizes up?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

The pads fail? or the actual caliper seizes up?

No. However, one did go bad while at Archie's so that means only one thing--- another shoe is about to drop. I want to get this crap off my car before it happens.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I won't be ordering any more choptop parts. I'm glad I got my C6 fog lamps before they closed shop!

Hmm. Trying get my grove on; I think I have enough room

The angle might work... hmm. Should I start laying down the blue tape? Yeah.

The Blue tape;

Making sure the angle is correct. I need to swoop up the lateral end.

Final measurements prior to cutting;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-12-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The point of no return.

Comparison view (driver's side) uncut;

Full view;

Don't give me no lip!

Weapons of destruction; one for Tony

nothing special except the Dremel blade. I have a Dremel hand tool, but the drill was manly, hehe.

I used the wheel for sanding down and cleaning the area for glassing.

edit; for Tony

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-13-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cut lip fit nicely. I might need a 1/2 more thus making even with the main center radiator. The Audi 8 driving lamps will be recessed a bit (behind the fog lamps). I'll need to make a bridge that will cover the top portion of the fog lamps.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The cut lip fit nicely. I might need a 1/2 more thus making even with the main center radiator. The Audi 8 driving lamps will be recessed a bit (behind the fog lamps). I'll need to make a bridge that will cover the top portion of the fog lamps.

why not make a cardboard templete out of the top portion of the opening that you were holding and use that as a copycat bridge, that follows the exact same flow ?

Or maybe that is what you were already planning to do ?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

why not make a cardboard templete out of the top portion of the opening that you were holding and use that as a copycat bridge, that follows the exact same flow ?

Or maybe that is what you were already planning to do ?

Starting from scratch, yes. Otherwise, reusing the existing part saves you time and avoidance of laying down 4-6 layers of fiber glass (thickness), beside the "L" bracket (roof) is main part and as you can see it's curved.

This is the part I'm mainly interested in;

To be continued;

FedX sent my second coil to the main Post office. Some how Unique Chrome had the package to be "signed" so instead of risking someone stealing it... they want me to go and get it.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-13-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, tinfoil tape is your friend
it works great to hold parts in place as well as makes a great backer to bridge gaps in the fiberglass.
the best thing is it will peal off after the glass has set up.
at any building store it is used for HVAC duct work.
D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked most of the day prepping the area for the Audi 8 lamps. Now I need to cut the lamps to size. As with #022 only four lamps will be utilized.

I hate going back' n forth so I'm posting #022 Audi lamps here;

Originally posted by Archie:

We're working on mounting the front lights & grills.....

For those that are working on the idea of putting these lights in their Fiero, notice how the light housing extends a few inches behind the light. Strong & good mounting needs to be made to keep the lights steady while driving. While still allowing some kind of vertical adjustment for aiming after it's all put together.

Archie

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-17-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Late last night I pondered over the cut and mapping out the plan. Well, today I started the cut. I began by practicing the cut by testing the area I wasn't going to need. I felt comfortable with cut and then got down to business.

testing;

The "Cut."

The "fit." trial #1

The "bridge." Upper lip recycled.

The "connection." Using part of the front curve on the nose, I glassed the together for suport, but mainly for the slanted slop.

The "slope." The slope will bridge the two connecting pieces and will allow for the C6 fog lamp and Audi 8 lamps to merge.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Without the slope

The "slope." It's slightly slopped or leaning inward to merge with Audi lamps.

Visuals: I'll need to add a inside lip, but every thing's okay. The Audi 8 lamps are clearly seen and like Troy's only (4) lamps are utilized.

To be continued.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-14-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful table orniments or beautiful N* coils.... we shall see.

To be continued....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After working on my Audi driving lamps, the hood alignment and the pivot pens didn't line up during closing (one side resting on the pin while the other inside the pin) and the safety feature kicked in. Just like a garage door sensing something empeding it's operation-- the actuators stopped and starting in reverse. I highly recommend anybody who decide to use acuators that the safety feature is a must-have item. The force from different acuators varies, but it can rip the mounting point off.

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beautiful table orniments or beautiful N* coils.... we shall see.

To be continued....

Do you have any concern about these arcing?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Do you have any concern about these arcing?

Yes. I’m cautiously optimistic.

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes. I’m cautiously optimistic.

If not they will look sweet on your desk!
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I finally got around to making a upper lip using about 5-layers. It follows the shape of the Audi 8 driving lamps. I have a long way to go, but I'm confident I'll finish it, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-22-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GET-R-DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

GET-R-DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

I'll try my best.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly,

How about some frontal shots ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Hey Curly,

How about some frontal shots ?

Too busy this week. 05:50HR in the early morning.

A man's gotta have some elbow room to work, right? Cool process, the guy with the arm brace uses a remote to control the flow rate.

parting of the concrete sea, hehe.

Yeah, baby,... that's the way I like. Smooth like butter baby. The concrete was a bit different than before. They use some type of fiber to reenforced the concrete. (1 1/2 bag of buck-eye is what they call it). It saves me some money since you don't need re-bar or wire mesh.

Yeah baby, my own basketball court/Redux lair on a budget.

I can't drive on the concrete for 7-days. No work on #020. No more weeds or dirt.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-04-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My trip to the local junk yard paid off. I found a pig tail for the Eclipse rear view mirror. Can you say, "bye, bye" to Mr. stock interior lamps.

Location: the stock bulky lamp switch has seen it's day... time to go buddy!

As a school friend use to say back in the 70s; you need to lighten up;

Curly what year eclipse did the mirror and sunvisors come out of ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-11-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for retweaking!

The after market cover is a bit bigger (that's the problem) compared to stock.

Resize the corner (roundness) and move outer wall inward and it might work.

Too squarish

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-24-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I was hanging out at West Coast Fieros with Chris, Dave and present company. My task was to re-tweak the bottom corner of the valve cover. I've gone by the shop before and looked at various aluminum welds and other workmanship so last week I decided to let Chris and crew have at it.

The part in question;

The point of no-return!

The operation was successful and patient should recover in a week or so;

If you look close enough you'll see the cam gears just below the opening;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I hope to have the cover re-welded on Thursday. I'll need to have it buffed out or chromed,... we'll see.

The cut piece; not much but that sucker was in the way.

I had to remove shuffle a few things around to get the part to fit.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock