Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 41)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2008 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Edit: I own pg. 40

Curley doing some research.

How did I miss this... hopefully the PFF Inquisition won't burn you for posting that HOT pic!

By the way did you get her number and mesurements?

EDIT:

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-06-2008).]

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the bodywork that we're going to do on the front clip is done.....

The rear bumper is getting close, well be mounting the side marker lights next....

Curley

Tomorrow, I'll be putting together a list of things that we feel should be addressed or finished before you drive it home. You may want to think about that topic too.

I'll be emailing my list to you tomorrow.

Archie
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

How did I miss this... hopefully the PFF Inquisition won't burn you for posting that HOT pic!

By the way did you get her number and mesurements?

The model was hiding in the SEMA's DUB section where they had a wheel that measured 40-inches. I think she fitted right in (36+, 22-24, 36), hehe. Oh yeah, she was studing Law, so she had a very big sexy brain.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Archie:

All the bodywork that we're going to do on the front clip is done.....

Archie

Oh, oh. too much tweak time on my hands;

stryker

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strykerSend a Private Message to strykerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks alot more finished ,flows alot nicer with rest of the flipper.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley, look at this picture & call me.

Also you have EMail

A
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,...you got mail.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And the tweak fest continues .. Looks good
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
28-days!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
27-days!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Nice angle and cuts;

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We rigged up the side marker light mounting today.

These C6 'Vette lights mount into the Fiberglass using the original mounting tabs on the back of the light.

They can be removed for painting then snapped right back in when the painting is done.....

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. The C6 markers modernizes the tweaked Mad-Arch kit.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought.....but wouldn't they ;ook better with the straight edge of the marker on the top side to match the top straight edge of the vent?? Or is it just a perception illusion?? Just a thought.......
Looking great by the way!!

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SAFASTRO

604 posts
Member since Nov 2006
I think I just answered my own question after observing it more......the angle of the larger end of the marker wouldn't match up the other way around.......oops!!
Carry on!!!

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hahai see Curley is liking the Factory Five GTM interior as picture up a few posts shows. Thats funny that curley posted that interior because the GTM's interior is my favorite interior out of all the ones i have ever seen. And it just so happens that my father is putting a GTM kit together as we speak. Hehe maybe my dad could bring his GTM to the coast run or west fest next year and i will drive my fiero.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Just a thought.....but wouldn't they ;ook better with the straight edge of the marker on the top side to match the top straight edge of the vent?? Or is it just a perception illusion?? Just a thought.......
Looking great by the way!!

Yes. We could since there isn't a hardened rule saying we can't, but in this case, Kris, Archie, and me- our concerns was the angle of corner of the side marker. If we were to use the straight top edge of the marker that would throw-off the corner thus cocked or crooked corner. The only visual example is the C16. Car-Lo too has the same set-up but w/o the vents.

Notice the two corners; marker and the corner created by Kris.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Hahai see Curley is liking the Factory Five GTM interior as picture up a few posts shows. Thats funny that curley posted that interior because the GTM's interior is my favorite interior out of all the ones i have ever seen. And it just so happens that my father is putting a GTM kit together as we speak. Hehe maybe my dad could bring his GTM to the coast run or west fest next year and i will drive my fiero.

Actually, no; its for reference points. I'm 2,400 miles away and the crew needs a "visual." I'm only using the pic to demonstrate the smooth tunnel that leads to the vents. My goal is to perform the same task that was performed on the upper console fire wall. Just like #011 and #015 I want to keep the original Fiero's DNA by using the upper portion of the dash. By having the upper PISA console cut and turned it can thus wrap or hug the Fiero's dash.

Then by use of fiberglass it can be extended out towards the defroster metal grills by 2-3" thereby allowing for a tunnel FX for the vent housing. As you can see, I have no use for the crappy stock oil/temp gauge since it's currently incorporated within the Dakata Digital's elongated dash pod.

Example:
Remove the upper portion and reverse it so that it wraps over the Fiero's dash-lip.

26-days!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-09-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Thanks David;

I got some real good ideas from the Pantera builder @ the 25th and I now want to add dual actuator on the rear hatch.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-10-2008).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice...........
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2008 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Very nice...........

Thanks.

Before;

After;

The rear reflector idea came from Trendzs Body Shop in CA. Joe liked the car and can't wait to paint it, but he said something that made sense. "Why did you leave those old style reflectors on the car?" It was something I over looked and thanks to him the reflectors are now changed.

ETA 25-day!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-10-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2008 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks awesome Curly, night and day difference! Flattens out the look of the rear. Is there anything on this car that will remain stock!? haha I guess the tail lights huh?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

That looks awesome Curly, night and day difference! Flattens out the look of the rear. Is there anything on this car that will remain stock!? haha I guess the tail lights huh?

Thanks for the compliment. Your right, only the tail lamp remains stock. I like the Fiero ,especially the PONTIAC.

HHP Rear Sway Bar Kit: Thanks Paul. I hope it fits.

ETA 24-day!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Status report; Any progress on the center console? Front area of rocker>

ETA 23-day!

Last minute issues; front side marker tabs removed. That's $50 buck wasted. Now, I need to do like Jacques Cousteau and dive into my goodie bag looking for #015 front side markers.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-12-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Status report; Any progress on the center console? Front area of rocker>

ETA 23-day!

Last minute issues; front side marker tabs removed. That's $50 buck wasted. Now, I need to do like Jacques Cousteau and dive into my goodie bag looking for #015 front side markers.

Like I told you, this week is mostly dedicated to getting as much done to Troy's car as we can before it goes back to paint.

Need to point out that we are not the ones who removed those mounting tabs on the front lights.

While you're looking in the goodie bag of yours, see if you can find the light socket holders that plug into the back of those marker lights.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like I told you, this week is mostly dedicated to getting as much done to Troy's car as we can before it goes back to paint.

Archie

Let me know if we have enough time before I take-off otherwise next open window is Oct 11.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me know if we have enough time before I take-off otherwise next open window is Oct 11.

We talked about this last week.

If you quit adding stuff to it, we'll get it ready in time.

You need to give me a call either tonight or in the morning.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While you're looking in the goodie bag of yours, see if you can find the light socket holders that plug into the back of those marker lights.

Archie

I thought I was going to have to tear the roof of the sucker trying to find them, but I open the "tweak room" and there they were sitting right on the carpet. The ones pictured have the light socket holder . I'll send side markers and the right side tail pipe out on Wednesday UPS 3-day.

I also found my stock sub woofer with the 4" speaker.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

If you quit adding stuff to it, we'll get it ready in time.

Archie

The price I pay for having super friends who drive tweaked cars. They keep calling me, throwing ideas in my head. Troy quit calling me, hee-hee.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The price I pay for having super friends who drive tweaked cars. They keep calling me, throwing ideas in my head. Troy quit calling me, hee-hee.

Your a fine one to talk, It's because of you and carbonfiber_kid that Archie has another shipment on the way from me .........oops did I let the cat out of the bag .
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Your a fine one to talk, It's because of you and carbonfiber_kid that Archie has another shipment on the way from me .........oops did I let the cat out of the bag .

The new edition will look beautiful on #022. I will follow your lead doing it on #015. Archie can take a chill pill, hee-hee.

Archie, take two of these prior to receiving the package.

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

What!!!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What!!!!!!

Well, know that you know, we can get back to work on #020.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as brad pitt said....WHATS IN THE BOX!!!!!!

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

as brad pitt said....WHATS IN THE BOX!!!!!!

I can't say, but I'll be a "first" on a Fiero.
Raz50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Raz50Send a Private Message to Raz50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl i'm fairly new to this forum and discovered this thread just a few minutes ago....didn't go through all the pages but i certainly threw out a few dang's and wow's

totally mad.

Now i really like that rear reflector idea. I'm also always on the look for other parts to complement my fiero. It's not as wild as any of your fiero's, but i take my joy into building my own style. Would you at all mind if i copycat on those rear reflectors? Of course i will point out where i got that idea when and if i open a thread. You think this would work on a standard GT rear?

hit me back

[This message has been edited by Raz50 (edited 08-13-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raz50:

Madcurl i'm fairly new to this forum and discovered this thread just a few minutes ago....didn't go through all the pages but i certainly threw out a few dang's and wow's

totally mad.

Now i really like that rear reflector idea. I'm also always on the look for other parts to complement my fiero. It's not as wild as any of your fiero's, but i take my joy into building my own style. Would you at all mind if i copycat on those rear reflectors? Of course i will point out where i got that idea when and if i open a thread. You think this would work on a standard GT rear?

hit me back

No problem, go ahead. It's all about upgrading our Fiero. If I may add, the Camero bow-tie wing is an idea I borrowed from CoolCat in CA. So like you, (giving credit) I too try to give credit to the person (s) who I feel can up with the idea. If you go back a few pages you'll find the details. In a nut shell, the markers are from the 2008 Madza. I forgot the make but if you go back a few pages you'll see the car. From what Tony told me, Car-Lo is attempting to use the Pontiac G8 rear reflectors. I'm not sure about the details, but you can ask Car-Lo or exoticse (Tony). My only worry was if they'd look good and fill-in the space between the outer edges of the exhaust. IMO I'd think you'd be better off using a fiberglass rear bumper to prevent cracks.

As for naming of the build,"Arch Rival" it was to compete with myself in building a better looking car than my previous builds.

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Raz50:

Now i really like that rear reflector idea. You think this would work on a standard GT rear?

hit me back

Okay, the info was buried 10 pgs back.

I stop by Mazda and picked up the 2008 right reflector and for additional pics for the, Arch Rival. The ideal placement is above the duel exhaust vents, but I might place them on either side of the license plate opening. The mock-up car is #015.

The stock location on 2008 Mazda 3;

left side;

right side;

Right side close-up; notice the markings are located on the inward side and not on the outer (I need to keep this in mind in Arch Rival location). It took me several months to find the exact reflector that I think will fit and modernize the bumper.

At first I could figure out where to place the reflector until I actually arrived at Archie's. Sometimes, photoshops, pictures or in this case, holding the part in my hand didn't help. I needed to lay my hands on the car. As for your fastback Fiero, it wouldn't be a "good" idea since the entire bumper is made of plastic regardless of it's location., but for giggles you could mock-up a paint stick and paint it red and try and find a location on the bumper.

Pontiac G8 beat me to the punch , but I'm in good company. Hind-sight I'm glad I stuck with the Madza instead of the G8.

The reflector will be centered between the license plate and inner tail pipe opening and below the stock bumper line.

As you can see, we moved the reflectors around and finally settled above the exhaust. It might have worked in the middle, but I'll let someone else try those locations.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-13-2008).]

InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like where you guys ended up putting them. Makes the car much more modern deleting the old buggers right off of there. Have Archie twin charge it before you pick it up he has time for a SC/TC combo right??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

I like where you guys ended up putting them. Makes the car much more modern deleting the old buggers right off of there. Have Archie twin charge it before you pick it up he has time for a SC/TC combo right??

Thanks for the compliment. As for the engine, the only ones I like are LS7 or LS3 with a super charger, but I'd rather by-pass both and use a Northstars. The shop here in CA will be getting my money.

When it comes to Fieros, it's always better to think outside the box and be different.

ETA 22-days!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-13-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock