Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 38)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Just wondering if the lower arc points of the wiper will clear the top edge of the scoop. Looks kinda close.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Just wondering if the lower arc points of the wiper will clear the top edge of the scoop. Looks kinda close.

The small wiper "V" hasn't been cut out for the "sweep," but your correct; it is very close.

The tale of the Green tape; possible cuts for Wednesday.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-17-2008).]

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trimming the fat; continued

First Cut;

Second Cut;

First cut: outside view

Second cut; outside view.

Close, but no cigar. More trimming on Thursday;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-18-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull back pic comparison;

before (left side only)

after (left side only)

Driven Vision: Joseph

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-19-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Oh well, I couldn't get off from work so I had to take the "Red eye" flight to ORD. I'll try and sneak a few cat naps during the 4hr 30 min flight.

Edit: Hey Troy my flight arrives @ ORD 05:30hr (military hours) AA #1608 Terminal 3
my flight leaves @ ORD 10:00hr (military hours) United #139 Terminal 3

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Baer 14" rear C5 covers: When (good) isn't good enough.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Baer visual comparisons: Although the C5 isn't a ugly ducking, but the cap w/Corvette logo should unify front and rear brakes.

w/o aluminum cap;

w/o cap:

w/cap

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-20-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the dual Actuators arrive from Dakata Digital?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Dual actuators have arrived and work will begin hopefully on Thursday (26th) on the lateral sides (corners) near the Eclipse windshield.

Eclipse Windshield #MR191178

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-26-2008).]

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you plan to race this at all? Or autocross or anything?

Nice car fun thread.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

Do you plan to race this at all? Or autocross or anything?

Nice car fun thread.

I should since WillowSprings raceway isn't that far away (40-miles), but if I ever do, I wouldn't be using HREs and even then I'd rather practice 1/4 miles first.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I've been calling the Lotus company for several days .
Yesterday after talking for several minutes I could feel the pressure building inside my head and I nearly exploded! "Where is my electrical wire for the Lotus wiper system?"

I might need to pay them a visit

I WANT EVERYBODY ON THE GROUND...... I WANT MY LOTUS WIRES NOW!!!!

Seriously, they need to send my part ASAP!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2008 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump from page Five.... Updates!!!!!
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing worse than doing business with a business that doesnt want to do business....

------------------
87 SE 60* Turbo

Screw the L67...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, well, well. Look what the wind blew in; a package from the Lotus company. I'm shocked!

Why a large box for something so small like a wire?

Pig tail; priceless. Now I need to get my hands on the wiring diagram.

Repackaged with other goodies. Archie, expect the package to arrive next week.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I rechecked the box looking for the squirter, but its nowhere to be found. I'll worry about that later.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As some of you know, #020 had shop rollers at Archie's.

Well, they're on my other car and today while washing my car, a thief decided he needed my chrome valve cap more than me. Its been nearly 6 months since the last hit so I'm doing pretty good and its July.

passenger side front tire;

The thief only needed one or he was able to get only one.

I'm guessing he couldn't physically unscrew the cap, hehe. I must have not tightened one of them.

Keep in mind, a thief is a thief no matter how cheap the part is. If they feel the need to steal it, they'll take it. Valve stem are free at my local tire shop. You can buy them in any auto for for $4 bucks a set.

Where the "hit" took place.

I had a strange feeling last week in the parking garage. There was a "Rice and Furious" car parked. I wondered He might try and steal my caps. Sure enough, one's gone.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-03-2008).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kids also take them and put them on their bikes.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm tipping my Kango hat to Kris for making a pipe dream become a reality. During my last visit in April Kris and I went over the details regarding the bumper, side bumper, and most importantly the C6 flipper. I'm truly amazed that he followed every detail to the letter (words) regarding what I wanted and nothing was even written down or drawn-up except the infamous green tape and few picks from the Exotic & Luxury mag.

Despite the overly crowded schedule at the shop (#022, Fierobobo, & making of other fiberglass molds), Kris managed to put some time on the C6 flipper upper portion of the hood. Only the left side and center is glassed, but I can clearly see the concept coming through the fiberglass despite the unfinished window edge and shaping of the outer big V and the inside Lotus little V.

Here are a few of the latest pics from Archie; Its not much, but I hope you enjoy them for the pre-4th holiday

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-03-2008).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a BIG box of that small wire. That is why there stuff costs so much do to packaging. LOL

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More views: Kris might have some time to work on the driver side on Monday and then trimming and shaping.

Notice the A-piller is wider than normal due to the Eclipse windshield.

I like the idea of using the Lotus system since it allows for a single wiper to be installed low into he hood. This will allow for normal viewing and no block-outs by the hood being higher than the black edge of the eclipse windshield. Holding out-is the key and not wanting to compromise.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-04-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few hours per day spent working on the hood/windshield build-up. Lay a sheet of fiberglass, move-on, lay another sheet, move-on, repeat the process. However, from viewing the pics we can see that progress is being made.

As you can see from the pics, both sides are being layered with new fiberglass (the original fiberglass couldn't be used). The new fiberglass will add strenght to the hood making it less flexable. The lower underside half where the actuators will be mounted, it too will be re-glassed.

As you can see, one of benifits to using the Eclipse windshield is its unique curviture. This allows for a nice "C-shape" on the C6 flipper. Keep in mind, this isn't the finished product, we still have more tweaking to come.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-08-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The driver's side nearing completion;

No work on #020, but maybe on Tuesday.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drivers side close-ups;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Passenger side close-ups; layering continues.

As you can see, the passeger side is shorter than the drivers side. This was due to me having it shortened thnking it would look better. Well, I think the untouched driver side is better, but will have to wait until the reduction of the upper edge is cut.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
More layers of fiberglass continued; Passenger side.

drivers and center pics;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-10-2008).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Curl Mobile naked

Building up the thickness & strength of the fiberglass from the inside & the outside.

Tomorrow we have to lay up some green tape to where to trim the hood relative to the windshield.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, baby lets party! #020 is coming together!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-10-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Throw it on a trailer and get it up here for the 25th!!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The Curl Mobile naked

Archie

Hey Archie, I need a close-up of the two hood attachment. I might want the beefed-up version your using on the replica Muir if the ones I have are inferior.

Replica:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-11-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Throw it on a trailer and get it up here for the 25th!!!!!

Sorry, #020 is incomplete; therefor the Arch Rival will not attend the 25th.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count down; minus 11-days for #022 arrivals at the 25th leaving little time for #20. In the mean time, #020 pauses for a moment while fiberglass flakes bake and glistening in the sunlight. There might be enough time to perform a few cut-outs near the new fiberglass area, but other-than-that; nothings new.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lotus wiper: #020, "The Cut."

The canvas;

Archie, lets start the cutting (only) the are needed to clear the Lotus wiper sweeps. Once performed, this will aid in viewing the height and angle of the drivers and passenger side.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-14-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good !
your car was my insperation for my widebody.
InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I'm looking at the picture wrong but the vent line thingies look oddly crooked? Maybe I just can't visualize it like you guys do.

Isn't one side a few inches off from the other or is that the plan? Just curious.. I'm sure it's right and I'm just looking at it wrong, I can't believe all of the custom work on this I certainly hope you don't hit anything heh.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

Maybe I'm looking at the picture wrong but the vent line thingies look oddly crooked? Maybe I just can't visualize it like you guys do. Isn't one side a few inches off from the other or is that the plan? Just curious.. I'm sure it's right and I'm just looking at it wrong, I can't believe all of the custom work on this I certainly hope you don't hit anything heh.

Your correct. I needed to figure out which one I wanted to use, so I had Archie cut one side down. Conclusion, Kris, Archie and I all agreed that the drivers side is the one we're going to use. No biggie, the passenger side will be extented. Cuts will start today along with the Lotus cuts and later the building of the hood "V."

The infamous green tape, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-14-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2008 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, due to the limited amount of time at the shop, I'm not expecting too much done in way of #020, but I appreciate the effort in what little is performed on the hood. Here are few pics to tie me over till I hope to see #020 in 8-days. Wow! Time sure does fly when your having fun.

Everything is fitting just nicely. I'm glad I held out for the Lotus system.

The little "V" is smooth out and is starting to fit-in with the hood lines.

The small proposed cuts: This will aid in preventing the hood from appearing flat.

passenger side:

If time allows, maybe the hood cut-outs and laying of fiberglass along the inside of the big "V" vent, but like I said, "they're bigger fish to fry" and #022 is headed to the shop (we hope) and its going to be full "git r' done" course.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-17-2008).]

gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2008 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it the same painter that is going to paint your car ? maybe you give it to him from now to pick it up next year

[This message has been edited by gunslinger (edited 07-17-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gunslinger:

Is it the same painter that is going to paint your car ? maybe you give it to him from now to pick it up next year

Yeah, its been nearly three years in the making, but I hope for a pick-up during the Chop Top Reunion in Sept.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock