Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 32)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Lucero, please send the parts to Archie's; 3-day delivery.

Thanks.

EDIT:

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-16-2008).]

IP: Logged
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i thought that comment was pointed to me, i have the same last name LOL.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I almost did not respond as I am not accustomed to being referred to by "Mr. Lucero" (except for solicitors and bill collectors)
No problem, they will go out to Archies today.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

I almost did not respond as I am not accustomed to being referred to by "Mr. Lucero" (except for solicitors and bill collectors)
No problem, they will go out to Archies today.

The name matches your car's image; kinda bad-dude-ish, hehe. Funny, I just got off the phone with Archie regarding the shipping date. No more riding high and I think the 1.5" drop should be perfect.

Thanks for sending them; my car ;well be pleased, hehe.

(caution, picture isn't a true 1.5" representation of how "slammed" the Arch Rival will become.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-14-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awaiting Bell Tech pics.

I recieved my registration fees from OKC DMV in the mail. During the last 2.5 years #020 has undergone a complete body restoration at Archie's and so far OKC DMV is okay with this (just prove it's being worked on, licensed, and insured). I'll hope to have #020 back in CA and start the SR100 application using CA plates.

From talking to Orville, the SB100 application has changed , but the outcome is about the same for a N*.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I'm waiting on the Bell Tech pics (arriving on Friday) the F360s have been painted. The black paint doesn't show-up in the pictures, but Firefox said they look purdy, hehe. All that is left to paint are the bases, assembly, and mounting.

Thanks Mark.
fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what the heck madcurl went to daytona? i wanted to meet him, i was so disappointed when i didnt get to see any of his cars. =( maybe next yr madcurl?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman22:

what the heck madcurl went to daytona?

That was in 2005...the golden era of the partially completed partially red Choptop

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

That was in 2005...the golden era of the partially completed partially red Choptop

Yes. I had a great time at D5 especially when #014, #015, & #016 were rolling the streets of Daytona. However, I believe the pick was from D3 or D4 when Chester took his car to B&B Spyders (Chester took the pic). I was incognito mode since #011's dash was accidently crush; thus a no-show @D3 or D4. Chester (at that time) and a few others were the only persons who knew my name. Back-in-the-day, I used to multi-task; attend the show, cruise, get a bite to eat and hangout with new friends, drop the chopper off at XSCustoms, have XSCustom install a VDC kit and custom dash, and then fly out.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-17-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Firefox is going all out on the F360 in time for mini choptop reunion. Here's the latest pics from Mark.

No more mix-matched colored F360s mirrors! Nice and shiney (notice Mark's reflection)

Many items have changed since our last meeting; hopefully by the 25th #020 should be ready to roll back to CA.

No doubt many newer ideas will be discussed while we're eating.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-18-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Modification of the C6 flippers lower side vent and removal of the old style upward flarring.

Hey Archie, I reviewed the four pics this morning and they are "all good." The newly formed vents, shelf, and removal of the old upward design now (mirror) the examples that 4.9 and Jscott helped photoshoped.

I don't know if you'll have any time to modify the rocker area behind the front wheel (in photoshop). If not we'll tackle this task later on this week.

Thanks Leroy for the Bell Techs. I'll give you a call today.
PFF
System Bot
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that steak and shake? lol I love that place!

Anyways, I can't wait to see these projects wrapped up and painted.

Cory
19852M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 19852M4Send a Private Message to 19852M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mmmmm steak n shake....
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Firefox is going all out on the F360 in time for mini choptop reunion. ...

No doubt many newer ideas will be discussed while we're eating.

Have a cold one for those of us who can't be there.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Anyways, I can't wait to see these projects wrapped up and painted.

Cory

The paint job won't take place until late this year- September/October (I hope).
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Well.......do we get to see some "tweak" pictures???
We haven't seen progress on this in a while........quit holding out!!!!

The site were I normally use to (host) pictures apparently has a virus attached to it; this is the best that we can do for now.

Edit: Bzzzz, one of the Super friend came to my rescue!

Pre-flight previews ; old glass pics-enjoy.

This glass example closely follows the photoshop pics and constructive suggestions by others here on the forum (Jscott, 4.9).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-20-2008).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great...what a great idea you had there.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awaiting Bell Tech pics.

The two "apples of my eye." Ain't they purdy.

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those lines will flow a lot better now.

Have you planned on what color to paint the car?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

Those lines will flow a lot better now.

Have you planned on what color to paint the car?

I wanted a Viper or Corvette red, but since #004 and #013 are eye balling "red," I might go with a deep burgandy pearl (4.9 has a picture of it and I saw a beautiful Corvette in a mag).
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Pre-flight jollies continued ; late Friday evening pics-enjoy.

PFF
System Bot
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exactly what that nose needed!
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello I have to agree. I really do like the modification of the lower spoiler at the side. Thank you Norm

------------------
Norm Vandermee

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by normsf:

Hello I have to agree. I really do like the modification of the lower spoiler at the side. Thank you Norm

If the maker of the C6 flipper approves, then its all good in my book.

Continued pics (close-ups); Note rough unfinished pics, but you get the idea. Archie will have additonal pics once we arrive in 14-hrs with the car dropped by 1.5" (I hope its enough to fill-in the fender gap).

Desired pipe dream;

We'll work on the area behind the front wheel to match the rest of the car and later the rear bumper line.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-21-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I picked up the Mitsubishi 1999 Eclipse rear view mirror w/ built-in dual reading lamps. I'm not digging the old rear view mirror, the push button display panel; plus with a choptop the mirror was an minor issue with me (maybe the way I'm seated or something?) but I think it needs to be postitioned higher. I'm not 100% it will fit, but hopefully I find out. I know it will need some type of extended bracket.

8-hrs and I'm out of here!
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MC, you're going to want to take it easy on taking corners a tad too fast in the beginning. After installing the Bell Techs on my 85GT, my tires wore through the top portion of the inner plastic liners, and the very top portion of the stock inner fender lip when taking vigorous turns. This is with 16 wheels, 225s tires, and Bilstein shocks. You can’t tell from looking at the stock fenders.

I then compounded the problem by painting the car with acrylic lacquer paint (easy to spray, great shine, but very brittle), stress cracks have since appeared over the top portion of the stock left and right fenders. But then this paint job is well over 10 years old.

I’m not sure if your flip front has larger than stock wheel openings? Still since it’s made of fiberglass, and fiberglass has a tendency to show paint stress you might want to keep that in mind when choosing paint products. I’m going to assume you’re going to have an A-1 paint job, and want it to last as long as possible. Regardless, your cars remain my favorites.

What you'll like best about the Bell Techs is the ride remains stock, it drops the front down low, and if we sold or 85, I'd more than most likely pull those spindles off to keep for a possible future Fiero.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
25.0 front and 26.0 diameter tires and I currently have 1 1/2 fingers clearance (front) so I'll take it easy on the front end. Oh yeah, the drop look is killer!
I took alot of digital pics too.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-22-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't wait to see the LOW down on #20.
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wanted a Viper or Corvette red, but since #004 and #013 are eye balling "red," I might go with a deep burgandy pearl (4.9 has a picture of it and I saw a beautiful Corvette in a mag).

Alpine Mercedes RLS Concept car
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Alpine Mercedes RLS Concept car

Thanks Steven; thats the color!

The new hood vent lines are currently "marinating" and will start cutting on Tuesday. Newer ideas for the rear side marker using the example from Calloway's C16 and Porsche G. I hope to have pics by Tuesday or once I get back to CA.

The examples were in the Luxury and Exotic Mag (Tony know the mag).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-22-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Karl loves the newly tweaked nose!

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Snif, snif ,.....i smell something cooking !

Smells like new pics !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Snif, snif ,.....i smell something cooking !

Smells like new pics !

Yep.

I finally got back from IL Via SFO/TEH and it was a very good productive trip; part business/part R&R.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I had several priorities while at Archie's and first on the list were the Bell Tech drop spindles. I'm @ 1-finger clearance which is bit below my usual two finger specs. This is no big issue for now and on Thursday I'll take car of this minor issue.

Full turn;

Close, but cleared;

Cleared minor ramp; Please note the passenger side vent wasn't completed due to visual inspection and only the driver's side. Approve once thus cut once.

Drivers side: Re-modified vent. It was love at first site. The Crew performed an excellent job and I approved 100%. The Crew will continue onto the passenger side.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Coke can/measurements center clearance;

continued. Center point of nose.

Driver's side;

driver's side (front tire)

Edit: Too lazy to post pics last night, hehe.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amazing !

Unbelievable how much more aggressive it looks now that it is lowered.

Going to have to be careful now though where u roll, and watch those spead bumps. Do you plan to install some kind of skid pad or would that even help ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F360 and measurements:

F360 folding for clearance issues during parking. I highly recommend using folding mirrors to prevent any mishaps while your car is parked. Protect your investment!

I didn't get the (folding) measurement, but it pretty close to stock width.

up in the air with VDC;

side view;

Rear view folded;

and the F360s look good and there're functional;

(Credit goes to Mark a.k.a Firefox for doing a beautiful job)

WARNING; THE F360 DO NOT LOOK GOOD ON IMSA KIT. THEY LOOK VERY, VERY OUT OF PLACE ON #022. THERE WERE NO PICTURES TAKEN DURING THIS TEST VISUALS.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly is was great to meet you and Troy at the shop on monday and spen a few hours with you guys. I will say to all that the photos do not do this car justice. I for one was a skeptic at first and then I saw this car and understood what you were going for after some chat time and looking at it piece by piece. I am on board for this build 100% now. You have a great vision and I learned alot from you listening and now see things in our car in the stock and chopped form that I have never seen before. Have a good one and when you pick this car up there is an open house BBQ for you and yes I made it home with out one spec of mud in the car. My boy wore the bag up to his shoulders. The shoes however were a complete loss but now he is happy with his Iron Man shoes. lol...

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C5 seat clearance addressed;

Originally posted by jscott1:

However, the seating position is a bit higher than the Fiero seats & even without a headliner in the car they come really close to touching when you put them forward. They actually touched in a few places on the bare ceiling.

Curley are you still going to use these seats? They are bad a$$, and look awesome, but I don't know how they are going to fit after you put a headliner in there, unless you can figure a way to lower them.

No issues; Seat is near perfect for my seating; @ 6' I don't "roll" with my seat forward, but "laid back and to the side." Anybody who sits in #020 will have to "lay back dude." You'd have issues if you're 4', hehe.

Seat felt very comfortable compared to stock Fiero seats.

Gauge placements using PISA's center dash;

Same various venders OEM equipment I normally use on all of my chop tops; Viper bezel/leather boot, Street works duel cups, and MOMO shifter (not in pic).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Curly is was great to meet you and Troy at the shop on monday and spen a few hours with you guys. I will say to all that the photos do not do this car justice. I for one was a skeptic at first and then I saw this car and understood what you were going for after some chat time and looking at it piece by piece. I am on board for this build 100% now. You have a great vision and I learned alot from you listening and now see things in our car in the stock and chopped form that I have never seen before. Have a good one and when you pick this car up there is an open house BBQ for you and yes I made it home with out one spec of mud in the car. My boy wore the bag up to his shoulders. The shoes however were a complete loss but now he is happy with his Iron Man shoes. lol...

Thanks; get the BBQ ready cause I'll be there!

(I'll leave the cat at Archie's).

I too had a great time talking and hanging out with you and your son (he's a true hill jumper).

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock