Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12030 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
markkrug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know of any Fiero clubs in the St. Louis area? If not, where would the closest one be?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in Greenville, Il. The Fiero club in St. Louis as far as I know is not active. I wished we did have a club in the St. Louis area. I joined the Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts (NIFE) out of St. Charles, Il. The club's web sight is Fierofocus. com. A very active club. They have a good publication every other month and a great show every year. It's hard to make the meetings but I am kept up about all the activities in the Mid West and at least I am I'm in a club. If we could get enough people together to start a club or get the St. Louis club active again, that would be great. I know there is several of us around.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in <<<< and would be interested. I travel usually the week days but weekends are possible. I saw a white fiero last night in Edwardsville so maybe there are 2 of you there.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 01-04-2014).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you could try the email address here and see if anyone responds

http://www.gatewayfieroclub.com/

It would be great if there was an active Fiero club in St Louis again.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by markkrug:

Does anyone know of any Fiero clubs in the St. Louis area? If not, where would the closest one be?

St. Louis or East St. Louis?

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the Metro East, not E. St. Louis. I would not take my car there. Aside from the obvious reasons, the roads are horrible.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was (and technically is still) a St.Louis club, but basically it has turned in to a "dinner once a month" group. When I started with the group back in 2000, there were about 10 to 15 active members and at that point it was on the decline. We had a core group of about 10 for much of the 2000's but it has decreased since then to about 4 or 5. We quit having the annual show in the spring due to lack of attendance. In the past we would regularly draw 40 to 50 cars and it was held at the Museum of Transportation. "Club" meetings I believe are still being held at Chevy's near Zumbehl and I-70 in St. Charles.

Again, not very active right now because lack of participation in planned events. That could all change with a new influx of people. Personally, it would be better for me if meetings were held on the east side of the river. Back in the day (early 90's) Jack Ditter started the club and because the core group and heavy interest was in the St. Charles area, that is where the meetings were held.

The KC Fiero Group and the Gateway Fiero's (St. Louis) group have a long and good history (for what it is worth) and officially they (we) are apart of the MFC. The core group was really never an "on-line" group like PFF. More like the old-school group. Many members purchased their Fieros new or at least in the 80's.

I think there is a possibility of starting another group or rekindling the old one with new members and with members being willing to participate. The real key is participation in both events and tasks supporting events. I can contact the old members if we want to try to get something going again.

Personally one of my issues is time. I only have 30 to 90 minutes at home each day and sometimes this is true for both weekend days. I really do like the idea of getting a club going again, but may not be able to offer much as far as physical help... just contact help for a while.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am on the east side of the river and would be more than up for a few meet, greet, and eat gatherings. I can host over at Scott AFB under the airplanes on sticks and then we could cruise to a local restaurant. Even better, we could do it on a day of a car show at Dr Jazz'z soda fountain or over iin Collinsville where they have a big show at the local Sonic.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have mine back together yet but hope to by spring.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like there is several of us wanting to either start a club or reigniting the Gateway club. Also looks like we all are from Illinois (so far). Perhaps we could find some more interested people. Let's not let this drop. It would be nice to get together with other Fiero enthusisates
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. I have emailed the Gateway Club but have not heard back from them yet. I think that maybe when the weather clears up and temperatures warm (and my car gets out of the repair shop), we should try and pick a day and get together for a lunch. Maybe in New Baden or Highland as a middle location.
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New Baden or Highland are fine for me. If I have a choice, it would be New Baden. I live about 15 minutes from there.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We could meet up in the 11 inches of snow and -30 degrees!!!
Pilgrim88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilgrim88Send a Private Message to Pilgrim88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the St. Louis area as well, and would be interested in meeting up if anyone is still up for it. Incidentally, any suggestions for a shop or someone in the area that would be familiar with engine swaps?
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in the Metro East also. Does anyone know where a person can get their Fiero worked on. and not get screwed over. My (new) water temp and gas gauge won't work. Would like to meet other Fiero owners. Does anyone know someone I believe called r runner?
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skeetshooter:

I live in the Metro East also. Does anyone know where a person can get their Fiero worked on. and not get screwed over. My (new) water temp and gas gauge won't work. Would like to meet other Fiero owners. Does anyone know someone I believe called r runner?

That would be me... I believe we met at Taco Bell on Saturday afternoon.

If any one has a good mechanic in the area that they know of familiar with Fieros, please chime in. I typically work on my own cars, so I'm not familar with any of the good local guys. I'm tied up with work or I would take a look at it myself.

As mentioned above, I'm available to meet. Do you guys want to pick a date? I heard New Baden would be a central location, or would another place more populated be better such as Fairview Heights or O'fallon?

How about March 22? Hopefull the cold will be gone by then.

skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
r runner, March 22 would be fine with me. Would prefer the after noon after 1:00 PM. New Baden sounds like a good spot. I've been getting bum work on my Fiero, had White gauge covers put in and can't see them at night and now the temp. gauge and gas gauge quit working plus the rear cover remote won't work. I get the idea if they can't plug it into a computer they don't know what to do. So far having a few gauge covers put in has cost me over $250. and lost temp and gas gauge. Post if this meeting sounds good to you,
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
March 22 at 1:00PM works for me. Although, Fairview Heights would be a better meet spot or even Shiloh. I have to work at 5 in Collinsville and don't want to cut it too close on time.
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fairview, Shiloh would be fine with me. Closer to O' Fallon.
Pilgrim88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilgrim88Send a Private Message to Pilgrim88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mind if I crash it as well? I'm coming from St. Louis, but I drive to Scott AFB everyday so I can meet wherever. Incidentally, I keep seeing a white Indy on base... is it any of yours by any chance?
Pilgrim88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilgrim88Send a Private Message to Pilgrim88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pilgrim88

11 posts
Member since Oct 2011

Originally posted by skeetshooter:

I live in the Metro East also. Does anyone know where a person can get their Fiero worked on. and not get screwed over. My (new) water temp and gas gauge won't work. Would like to meet other Fiero owners.

I have a good mechanic on the Hill that I have do all my normal work. Decent prices too, and doesn't try to talk you into stuff. http://www.schmidtautoservice.com/

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am good for 1:00 pm on the 22nd. The Fairview heights area would be fine. We should pick a place. A restaurant? Grab a late lunch?

In my opinion, all are welcome. There is no such thing as "crashing" a Fiero "party"... ... (however if there is a crash in the parking lot... )
IT would be cool to have several Fieros there, but if someone wants to attend and does not have their car running, no problem. Show up anyway and we can all introduce ourselves.

My experience has been that the Fiero community in general is exceedingly good at welcoming all.

Does the car at Scott belong to Johnny?
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good, name a place. I've seen a White Fiero about 2 weeks ago. Believe it has a scoop on top?
rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in fairview heights, I have 87 fiero need of work & a couple diablo replicas one built on an 87 fiero chassis. Are replicas welcomed to join? I emailed the st. Louis a while ago without a response either.

[This message has been edited by rodrieguz (edited 02-28-2014).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rodrieguz:

I live in fairview heights, I have 87 fiero need of work & a couple diablo replicas one built on an 87 fiero chassis. Are replicas welcomed to join? I emailed the st. Louis a while ago without a response either.

My personal opinion is ----> Absolutely.
Fiero based replicas or kit cars are welcome. Anyone interested in the Fiero is welcome. I have known members of other groups that joint a club just to find out if they want to take the plunge to buy one.
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that White Indy a few weeks ago also on 64 near Scott. It had Florida plates and I thought it was just passing through. Not sure who it belongs to. Mine is a red 88 GT with tinted windows if you see me around. I usually stay in the Edwardsville area though but occasionally head south,

It sounds like this "party" is shaping up to be quite a good time. The more the merrier.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by markkrug:

I saw that White Indy a few weeks ago also on 64 near Scott. It had Florida plates and I thought it was just passing through. Not sure who it belongs to. Mine is a red 88 GT with tinted windows if you see me around. I usually stay in the Edwardsville area though but occasionally head south,

It sounds like this "party" is shaping up to be quite a good time. The more the merrier.

The white INDY could be Johnyrottin. I think he used to live in Florida.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, that would be me...with the over the roof scoop.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car won't be there, just don't think I can get it done. I am a maybe on the that date anyway, I have to leave on Sunday and my anniversary is that week.
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am hoping that this weather will break in time for all of this nastiness to melt. It has been a tough time for my Fiero this winter.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you guys want to meet under the airplanes at Scott AFB and drive to a place to eat (think... convoy of Fieros) as Johny suggested or just neet at a restaurant in Fairview Heights / O'Fallon?

Pernonally I like the convoy idea, but I also don't want to make things too complex for the first get together. I can post of map to the meeting spot once we decide.

Edit.... because I fat fingered the keyboardkjjkjljkllkjjkjklkjl

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 03-02-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott's OK with me, where do you meet? Haven't been there in years.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is what I think Johny was referring to......

We can meet here if you guys want.

markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds good to me. Maybe we head towards Fairview from there for lunch. Let's monitor the weather and hope it cooperates.
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK . I know where that is, Sounds good to me. If it doesn't snow a foot.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else going to join us?
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to try my best to be there. I'm suppose to work that day but I'm going to try to get off. I'll know something in a week or so. I would hate to miss it.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there as long as Putin doesn't get too crazy!
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
johnyrotten, are you in the Service? AirForce?
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the Top....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock