Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12028 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hot Rod Power Tour is coming thru your city! Would be cool to see lots of Fieros at Gateway!

http://www.hotrod.com/event...egistration-and-faq/

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 02-06-2015).]

IP: Logged
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be great! Its on my calendar. That's a good place to hold a event like that. Plenty of room for lots of cars, and a drag strip and race track. Thanks for the info.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's see how many we can get together for that
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Il be there and down for some good STL BBQ

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is good news! I wouldn't consider mine or any stock Fiero a hot-rod, but it'll be great to see this.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys should try and do at least 2 or 3 stops, The drive is a big part of the fun. Driving along and everywhere you look is some kind of classic, sports or muscle car.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a longage of passengers and a shortage of seats. Usually, I cannot go far or with my Fiero. I've been shamelessly showing up with kids and no Fiero to short events and meals. We're good for a few hours--not days.
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so there Champaign, Illinois to Memphis,Tenn.. and if my junk breaks somewhere along the way opps at least its close to home.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of break downs..So tonight driving home from work(35 highway miles) i get to the end of the exit ramp and i notice its misfiring,,the next three miles home misfire is still there,,.. No check engine light..i dont know yet what cyl..but when i pulled the EGR line on the top there was no change and also covered the holes on the bottom and no change,,,ideas?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So wait. If it's just one cylinder, pull one plug wire, test, replug & repeat for each cylinder until you find the bad one.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by mrfred8:

You guys should try and do at least 2 or 3 stops, The drive is a big part of the fun. Driving along and everywhere you look is some kind of classic, sports or muscle car.

Just a thought, but what group does the Fiero fall into? I always thought it was commuter, mid-engine, and now historic. Mine isn't sporty, and has no muscle.
PFF
System Bot
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

So wait. If it's just one cylinder, pull one plug wire, test, replug & repeat for each cylinder until you find the bad one.

This will kill the ECM ill pull one then start it then pull another

LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All have spark so next will pull the plugs...ALso large oil leak so... i thinking head gasket (DDDAAAMMMNNNN IT)
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping for better news. Odd. Never knew a head gasket to leak oil outside the engine. Shows what I know.

Usually, I would expect coolant in the oil with a leaking head gasket. Also, I dunno about a miss, but a leaky head gasket sure sounds odd.

Anyway, when you pull the plugs, ”one of these plugs is not like the others...”
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2014 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Drew-py:

For starts the VATS needs gone, along with removal of the auto tranny feed signal wire (for manuals). Both of these really get in the way of or prevent function. There are a couple of other things that inhibit best performance. As for the 97 ecm I know every one says they are not worth using but I do not know why, I started with 98/+ ecms and have 4 laying around (factory programming still installed) for my harness builds

Any stuff lying around you want to sell?
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2014 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have not had the time to dig into my Fiero issues..But want to wish all in this club a VERY Merry Christmas,,Have a safe New Year ,,God bless you and your family's
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Loren. I'll add to that. May your hearts be filled with the joy of Christmas. May your hunger be satisfied. And may your blessings for the year be bountiful.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same here guys, have a merry Christmas and may you get something for your Fiero. I will tell you what I got tomorrow. There doing a good job of hiding it.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas, my stocking was empty of Fiero stuff.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be at the shop Saturday trying out Rodney's paddle nuts for the ball joints if anyone wants to join in.

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...710b0a12944e73eb00fd

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 02-05-2015).]

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car should be ready to go, what time you looking at ? I missed the last meeting and Granite City is only 35min away so hope to see some Fiero guys.
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Around 9:30, Do you have the location?
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can PM the address. Just put new brakes and thermostat and temp censer so it would make for a good test drive. Hope some more guys can make, it should be a nice day out
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent. Yes it is suppose to be nice that is why I invited everyone.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to be there, but my brother-in-law is coming to town and I must stay home
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, Lorne. I'll be doing wiring for an electric stove & installing said stove. Have fun.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem guys, I will be there Sunday as well I am pretty sure, I plan on some bushing stuff also. I will post on Saturday in case anyone wants to come over.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys may have posted this already, but if not, I thought I would let you know.... There is a yellow Formula at Speedway. Not bad shape considering..... Hood and doors look good. I should have taken pictures.

Anyway, FYI...
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem guys, I will be there Sunday as well I am pretty sure, I plan on some bushing stuff also. I will post on Saturday in case anyone wants to come over.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i may be there sunday to lend a hand providing i get the miss figuted out i bought new plugs and wires and installed them to no avail..1 cyl was a little wet and smelled of gas going to run a compression check tomorrow
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spark OK to that cylinder?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 02-07-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep good spark..new plugs wires cap rotor,,did comp check and all good..so i thinking fuel injector ..is there a good thread on the removal of the fuel rail?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LorenBateman:
yep good spark..new plugs wires cap rotor,,did comp check and all good..so i thinking fuel injector ..is there a good thread on the removal of the fuel rail?

Wait. You posted earlier that it was wet or some such. Could be injector. Let's see, old school, but fuel, air, compression, spark. Not recommending this, but swapping 2 wires to see if the problem follows the wire or cylinder would be sure to make the motor run horribly. I suspect the injector also. If you're doing one injector, you may as well do them all. $$$
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the cyl that was wet wasnt really all that wet(wishful thinking on my part) not a wire as i have already done this ,, your right about doing all of them thanks for the reply tshark!!!!! hope you and fam are doing well
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could clamp the return line and see if the fuel pressure drops that should tell you if one is leaking.

I will be at the shop tommorow. I got everything out and the uppers in but the lowers I haven't figured out yet. The press is a big puzzle, it is hard to figure out the right configuration. The lowering ball joint are taller.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lorne, you got the longer end links with the lowering joints, right?

Loren, yes, we're doing fine, thanks. The kids did a Home Depot project today. The idea wasn't to check the wire. I meant just swapping one end of the wire, as in connecting it to the wrong cylinder. Like I said, not a suggestion. The firing sequence would be off.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 02-07-2015).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No I did not know that until looked up here to find out. I also found out about the steering stop.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about the steering stops?
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They will no longer hit the A arm preventing a person from turning the steering wheel to far.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could find them, I'd go with drop spindles.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock