Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12008 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a hard time remembering names, but someone mentioned remnants of a prior STL-area club. Please remind me of your name. I am curious about meeting up with anyone from that original group.
IP: Logged
markkrug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank everyone for coming out Saturday. It was a great group and I for one had a blast and can't wait till we can do it again. I do think that we are on to something here. I am going to work on a Facebook page where we can post pictures, schedule dates, and otherwise reach out to other car clubs in the area.

Thanks especially to Sal for allowing us the Sneak Peak at the Classic Cars and to John for allowing a peak into his automotive world. I thought I wanted an LS1 before but you sold me on one. However, I will not blame any divorce on you if I go through with it. I take the hit on that one.

I will have some name ideas to run by everyone soon. I got a few but want to tweak them a bit. But I like the words "Superheroes and their Cars", "The Stuff of Legends", and / or "Fiero Envy" in the title but will will have to see how it pans out.

Mark
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI, I can't do facebook, twitter, or any of those things. Not allowed. Often inconvenient, but it is what it is.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all just wanted to put out there that there will be a swap meet in Highland IL this Sunday 3/30/14 from 7am-1pm at the race track. Ill be there if anybody wants to meet up.
If anybody cant make it let me know what your looking and a # to contact. I can call and let you know if I found it .

Also Id be interested in a meting up with you guys as well I just got my first Fiero 87 GT . I like the idea of a junkyard run and such. Id be happy to host as well I have a garage at my house with a lift and a separate garage set up to paint in (haven't painted in there yet my self) . I live east of Alhambra about 3-4 miles off of 140

Im also looking for a windshield and sail panels for my GT as well.

If anybody else is looking for parts add them to a list maybe we can find them together or we might just have them laying around.

We should start a FB page as well. make it a lot easier to talk to each other.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroVirgin87GT

15 posts
Member since Mar 2014
Face book name is St.Louis Fiero's
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are about 8 Fieros in the junkyard in St Louis....think it is called Speedway. I know a couple had windshields.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. Can't make it before 1 on a Sunday, but could possibly make it after that. I'm going to try for a junkyard run Saturday here in STL, if anyone wants to meet up. Haven't checked hours yet.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes.... Speedway is the correct junkyard. There is a row of Fieros, but again, they are well picked over. As you walk in, make a hard left, follow the fence and you will see them on your right near the end of the yard. There might be a good windshield. It has been a while since I have been out there.
I cannot make Saturday. I have to work all day Saturday and Sunday. In fact, it may be several weeks before my next day off.

I am willing to host a get together at my house near Okawville (off of I-64) some time this summer when I get a free weekend. We can pick a job to do and work on someones car (not mine). I never feel right working on my own car when a group is over. I can show you guys my "collection" of cars (not nearly as cool as rottin's ) I do have the IMSA that you guys may want to check out (in my signature).

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its good to see some Fiero meet ups in Southern IL, hope you guys keep it going, I may have to head down sometime.

If you are looking for a good road trip, head up to Fiero Day in Pontiac IL on May 17th.

More info at https://www.facebook.com/events/258059784355333/ or http://fierofocus.com/events.html

--Jeff

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice car, Paul.

I was up to Pontiac last fall. Stayed the night there. I can't make this May, but want to see some sights up there. Perhaps during Fierorama?
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would really like to get to Pontiac, IL but that happens to be Pole Day at Indy and I have been trying to get my family to go to at least one Indy event every year.
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3676 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by tshark:

That's a nice car, Paul.

Thank you.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know what time Saturday Ill try and meet you there it looks like that open at 8am. Checked pick and pull,111 salvage, Caseyville salvage no Fieros
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have it at 520 Madison Rd. How about 10am?
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good Ill let ya know if anything changes.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TSshark I'm good for Saturday at 10am I'll bring a bag of tools and a drill, recip saw
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
see you there.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there in my black mustang

[This message has been edited by FieroVirgin87GT (edited 03-28-2014).]

FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speedway has a 87GT in in 3/21/14
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVirgin87GT:

Speedway has a 87GT in in 3/21/14

Pics?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, no pics. There were 7 Fieros. The first 6 were pretty much trashed, useless, and full of junk. The last one had a few parts of use, but hadn't been well cared for. FieroVirgin and I took a few things. The bone heads at the bone yard apparently drove some equipment over the right front corner. The power windows are down, so value falling fast. Of remaining ise last I saw is were seats (torn covers), gauges, interior trim pieces, center console in recoverable condition, sunroof, rearview mirror, door windows, rear window with defroster, side body panels from the doors back, driver mirror, headliner with some water damage (sunroof seal leaks), glove box, dash, floor mats, back panel, steering wheel (no horn pad), brake booster, fan, various relays, intake manifold plenum, valve covers, engine parts, trunk carpet, deck lid, torsion springs, spoiler with stands and gaskets, rack, inner door panels, rear windows, shift surround, all switches and covers, sill plates, rocker panels, ground effects, most of the stuff in the engine compartment, actually. Be aware that, although the EGR tube looks new, there are missing, cross-threaded, and incorrect screws used. The distributor is not original, but looks scored. The plug wires look recent, and the oil/transmission fluid was recently changed. The car is 2-tone grey, I believe. There was some gerry-rig with the wiring. Underneath, some things were held together with twisted wire. The exhaust was apparently modified heavily. This Fiero apparently had all the options. Right side markers remain. The dash speakers have been poorly recovered. I don't recall if it had the subwoofer or not. The locks were all still present. All light pigtails for the interior and side markers are still present.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot. It also (had) the complete third brake light with housing.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey st.louis fiero "new club'' guys! Sorry for the late response. Im the one with the gold fiero. Had a good time fiero flash mobbing the car dealers,and there's a lot more we can hit in that area,lol. A lot of nice cars we got to see that day, including john's cars and bikes. Look forward to seeing you guys may 10th.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get your passenger side window fixed???
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, still enjoying the fresh air. good thing its getting warmer out. Getting all my parts together so I can do every thing at once.Need brakes,fix temp and oil gauge,bent colling tube. I Think your v8 chop top might go up in value now that famous artist is retiring lol.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If all goes as planed tomorrow morning I'm going to go back to speedway to pull a few more parts from the 87gt.
tampalinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know a few people took pictures of the Fiero's lined up at different places. Does anyone have one they can post up?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the first time I've been able to do any post here with images. Well, this is the result of my hour-long effort. I don't know why the full images don't show up. Had to use Windows to post images at all. I have 2 pics. After the archaic upload method using PIP, the post tags keep changing. I type in one thing, and something else comes out. I can edit, then post again with no changes and get different results. It seems that the upload isn't completing, or that the uploaded image file is somehow corrupted. Very sad.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 04-05-2014).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been trying to post pictures but PIP is not seeing any of my new pictures. I keep getting two error1706 errors. Sees all my old pics though. Weird.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least it isn't just me.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my 87Gt to start after it sat for a few years.
Now to figure out why clutch plate won't disengage....
Any suggestions?

Done :
replaced master cylinder
Bleed system

To do :
replace slave cylinder
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVirgin87GT:

Got my 87Gt to start after it sat for a few years.
Now to figure out why clutch plate won't disengage....
Any suggestions?

Done :
replaced master cylinder
Bleed system

To do :
replace slave cylinder

Congratulations! Did the parts from the bone yard help any? I still need to find you those vent screws.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hay virgin. Is you 87 Denny's old car? If I get my radiator put in by the 10th and yours isn't together yet, you car ride with me. I guess we're still on for the 10th
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where and what time will be be meeting for May 10th?

I suggest that it is "off site" so we can arrive as a group.

Same meeting place as last time?
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same place would be okay with me.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's Rodriguezs old car or Rodney . TSshark I haven't add those parts yet wanted to get it running before I did to much. I did get some vent screens . But haven't been able to find the other vent screw. If you have one that would be great.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroVirgin87GT

15 posts
Member since Mar 2014
Notwohorns that would be awesome .
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets plan the same meet up location outside of Scott AFB. It is a large parking lot out in the open with no restrictions on parking. Then we can head out from there. The local frozen yogurt shop is open now so we can pack that place!!! We just need to come up with where we want to go for lunch and if we want to see if Gateway Classic Cars will host us again. I will look and see if there are any local car shows or cruises that day.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be able to attend, but hope someone who can post pics will do so. Can we beat the 8 Fieros we had last time? I was trying to figure. There was an '84 Indy, the red '86, a blue '87, 3 '88s...did we have an '85? I don't know the year of the other white one, but the remaing 2 red ones were '88s. That leaves the gold one.

The location outside Scott AFB is great, but unpaved. Oh, there is a cake there for anyone collecting pics.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This day is Gateway Classic Cars Grand Opening. It should be a good day and I believe there is a car show planned in the GCC parking lot. I will talk with Sal and see if I can "lock off" a section for our beloved mid engine cars.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock