Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12008 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
mad dad matt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No way am I going to the 35th!!! I drive a fiero to not look like any other car on the road...They will be everywhere,, ruining it for me!! I know you all agree and that's why we never meet up! lol But seriously I would love to go but I have a family and a high school reunion that weekend.
IP: Logged
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I'm going, are you?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the plan. Days off requested.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you guys going for the complete show?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the plan.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2018 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 87 tech4 sucked a valve into #4 cylinder and locked up.I haven't pulled the head yet to see the carnage but I don't have high hopes..Anyone happen to have a 2.8 laying around?I have the 2.8 harness and CPU from an 86 getting a 3.8 swap but it came with a seized 2.8. I am looking for options that won't turn this into a big project.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2018 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may want to forget the 2.8, and go to a 3.4.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It’s not exactly lying around but I eventually want to put my 3800SC in so I might consider selling it to you. I intended to offer the cradle, trans (4 speed) exhaust and engine for a quick swap. New water pump, clutch, motor mounts, Rodney Dickman vacuum tubes, tensioner and I think a couple more things. Suspension not included. I have no idea what it is worth, 110xxx, hit the key and starts every time. Maybe this would help get me kick started. It’s not that I don’t work on the car I just haven’t had much time.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yours is a nice engine. It looks like a 50K engine. I have not seen the cradle, but your entire Fiero is in great condition.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can find the time today I will pull the head to see if the 4 is worth fixing.I have pulled several dukes over the years (chevy 2, S 10) but I have yet to install one.Just seems counter productive...lol I think 86-87 FWD dukes are the only direct swap.93 was the cut off for some,,maybe? can't remember. The issue is I will be doing this in my driveway because the garage is full.I have looked for a push rod 3.4 but camaro owners are not kind to there engines.This has the automatic trans so upping the power too much will require trans and axle swap,something I don't want to get into on a driveway project especially this late in the year.3100 might bolt up without shattering the trany and add a little umf.I will have to do some reading.
Thanks shark but I don't want to be responsible for your car looking like the exploded view in a Haynes manual !!! I still have a complete 400 turbo and 350 4bolt main not to mention boxes of small block parts.They have been collecting dust since 2004 when my car got T boned.Figured it was worth asking if someone had the fiero version of my garage.I would not recommend this level of ciaos.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mad dad matt

102 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Flip the names on that reply.just realized I had it backwards.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you do decide to swap the engine, I could maybe help on a Sunday afternoon. Not today, though. I'll be busy intimidating my "daughter's" boyfriend.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Yours is a nice engine. It looks like a 50K engine. I have not seen the cradle, but your entire Fiero is in great condition.

If you are referring to me, yes it looks pretty good. Hopefully when I pull it someone will want it, I have enough stuff tucked away already.
Rebuilding 88 calipers but unfortunately I received two of the same side. Anyone have one they would like to trade or the caliper piston inners and E brake bracket. I believe the calipers I have are both passenger side rear.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry. Yes, Lorne, referring to your Fiero. I saw what you did with the engine, saw the trunk corners, and saw everything but under the car, last time about 2 years ago, I think.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right I got lucky because I didn’t know what to inspect before buying, this car is mint really. Maybe we can all get together before winter gets here.

Now I am not sure which caliper I have. Do any of you know which end the E-brake brackets are on, toward rear or front of caliper?

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 09-24-2018).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure, we could get together. When?
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mad dad matt:

If I can find the time today I will pull the head to see if the 4 is worth fixing.I have pulled several dukes over the years (chevy 2, S 10) but I have yet to install one.Just seems counter productive...lol I think 86-87 FWD dukes are the only direct swap.93 was the cut off for some,,maybe? can't remember. The issue is I will be doing this in my driveway because the garage is full.I have looked for a push rod 3.4 but camaro owners are not kind to there engines.This has the automatic trans so upping the power too much will require trans and axle swap,something I don't want to get into on a driveway project especially this late in the year.3100 might bolt up without shattering the trany and add a little umf.I will have to do some reading.
Thanks shark but I don't want to be responsible for your car looking like the exploded view in a Haynes manual !!! I still have a complete 400 turbo and 350 4bolt main not to mention boxes of small block parts.They have been collecting dust since 2004 when my car got T boned.Figured it was worth asking if someone had the fiero version of my garage.I would not recommend this level of ciaos.

I don’t car if it’s apart that much so if you change your mind let me know ,plus I could get it ready and swap it as you take the other stuff.

Pretty much weekends is all I can do since I travel. I could only do short notice hard to plan anything anymore.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2018 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! Sundays work best for me, anyway. You have my number. Now, if we could just get a Sunday with good weather, and get a few more people.

I still wonder what happened to Loren Bateman. Notwohorns?
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally had time last night to turn wrenches.The 2.8 crank is seized so the lower end is shot. Disconnected the 2.5 head to find the antifreeze drained into the oil pan and the head will not budge.I was so focused on getting it off I started rolling my engine hoist to the car.Common sense vetoed stubborn determination,put the tools away,It's dead.
The 87 is going to sit in the corner of the driveway in time out and just thing a bought what it has done for a while.I am going to finish the 86 swap so I have garage space. Lorne,if you get the itch to do a swap on your car let me know how much you want for the stock parts.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mad dad matt:

Finally had time last night to turn wrenches.The 2.8 crank is seized so the lower end is shot. Disconnected the 2.5 head to find the antifreeze drained into the oil pan and the head will not budge.I was so focused on getting it off I started rolling my engine hoist to the car.Common sense vetoed stubborn determination,put the tools away,It's dead.
The 87 is going to sit in the corner of the driveway in time out and just thing a bought what it has done for a while.I am going to finish the 86 swap so I have garage space. Lorne,if you get the itch to do a swap on your car let me know how much you want for the stock parts.

How fast do you want to have an engine, just a winter project or ...? I will look up what I have spent and let you know. Everything that that has been changed out is virtually new as I have not been able to drive the car but around the block since I didn’t keep my registration updated. I have heard to not let the engine set so I haven’t let it and no tickets yet, yay. I know I changed to poly cradle mount which can go with or with out but I consider them brand new and would add the same price I paid. Clutch brand new (big) maybe 50 mile on it but I didn’t right down mileage as I did not intend to change engine so soon, forums give you the bug. New mounts rubber I believe, I know I bought RD poly for 3800. Water pump wasn’t bad but everyone recommended when changing this or that you know mine was gaskets but not head gasket just all the other stuff. RD stainless vac lines as mine were part of the cause of vac leaks along with the EGR tube. New IAC. I haven’t seen much pricing here on 2.8 engines except this week of 200 including trans and he doesn’t know the condition.
Do you want the easy swap, meaning including cradle trans (has synchromesh) and all exhaust minus my new tips? Exhaust needs two welds with new Cat converter and hangers. I can see with all the adds I have $650 asking, maybe others can chime in which does tend to get beat up when selling their cars. That kind of depressed me as I realize I put some money in this and won’t recoup it all.
Alternator reinforcement and idler pull both RD
I will be around Sunday if you and Tshark want to drop by then you can take a look.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 09-27-2018).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lorne, I thought your dad sold the shop.
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lorne, I thought your dad sold the shop.

He passed away a couple of years ago. I sold it just this year and moved my car to my house.

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LornesGT

1356 posts
Member since Jan 2013

I still wonder what happened to Loren Bateman. Notwohorns?

I wonder what happen to everyone. Wasn’t there 8-10 running around here?

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 09-28-2018).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2018 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Drew is still around. Johnyrottin moved to Texas. Markkrug moved to NY. R Runner moved to KY. Pilgrim went MIA. Davylong is probably still around. I saw/spoke with notwohorns, R Runner, and Drew last month.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2018 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 16 year old dog had a stroke friday night so this is the first free moment I have had.
The engine is blown , the control arm mount on the cradle is rusted out but the factory automatic trans is good.Thursday a friend of a friend knew a guy with a motor that said fiero he wanted out of his garage. Supposedly ran when pulled for a project that never happened .Good oil and the motor spins. Couldn't pass up $100 for the motor and a spare M17. Still in the bed of my truck so don't know how good it rely is.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2018 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still around the Stl area. Lots of life adventures in the last few years have slowed down my social time and my Fiero, although its still running strong. Did pick up a 3800 SC out of a Buick Park Ave. if the 2.8 shoots craps. Hope to see you guys on another Fiero run soon. mad dad matt, sorry to hear about your puppy dog. My dog is not doing so well himself. Got to love mans best friend.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 10-01-2018).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2018 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your dawg as my dad always said. Glad to see you got the engine but the cradle doesn’t sound like it is in to good of shape.

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2018 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LornesGT

1356 posts
Member since Jan 2013

Originally posted by davylong86:

Still around the Stl area. Lots of life adventures in the last few years have slowed down my social time and my Fiero, although its still running strong. Did pick up a 3800 SC out of a Buick Park Ave. if the 2.8 shoots craps. Hope to see you guys on another Fiero run soon. mad dad matt, sorry to hear about your puppy dog. My dog is not doing so well himself. Got to love mans best friend.

Adventures never seem to stop. I thought life would get more simple as I got older but that hasn’t been the case.
Maybe we could try next Sunday again. Nothing better than having a few Fieros around and pissing off the neighborhood. They or someone accused me of running a body shop. I catch a few driving by slow to look in my garage to see what is going on.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2018 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you are 5 one whole year is for everrrrrr. When you are 45 you need a calendar slide ruler and abacus to schedule a hair cut this year. Busiest people I know are retired.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2018 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Davy
I know you have the wings stands that move the wing back (BTR). I bought one at the 35th and the holes don’t match my lid holes. It is one or the other hole. I can’t remember which year your car is and if the deck lid holes are in different places each year. If I place the stand to the rear hole the wing sits way back. I don’t know how far it should sit back or if I need to drill a new hole.
Left stand fits both all holes on the wing either side I have it on and right side doesn’t match either side. Going back and forth with BTR. The sent a picture of the stands on the wing matching up. I would like to know what gives.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2018 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's strange? Mine came with two different hole settings, If you want the wing to sit way back over the tail lights our up closer towards the engine. I did have to do a little drilling to the deck lid to get the bolts thru. Other than that it was easy. I do have mine sitting on the forward setting after mocking it up in both positions and staring at for two days before I made up my mind. BTR use to have a install video but I could not find it on there site. Im pretty sure all wing holes are the same on all are cars, mine is a 86

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 10-05-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2018 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is 86 as well. They are asking for mine back to look at them. This is a later version than your stand so I was told at the 35th.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2018 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original stealth wing stand vandor (davy's set) no longer makes these.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2018 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone heard from notwohorns?

Also, I haven't heard from LorenBateman for months. I saw a red notchie for sale in the Troy area. I may stop by, but hope it isn't his.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2018 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you and I are the only people left. I will get pics tomorrow or Saturday.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2018 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notwohorns was at the 35th, on Thursday. I never saw him after that. I can't find his phone number.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2018 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don’t have any phone numbers but yours.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2018 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We shared numbers a while ago. A bunch of us. You should have that list. Notwohorns gave me his number, later on. I don't remember is it was handwritten or what.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2019 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checking in to see how the Stl. metro area guys are doing. Will have time today to put new plugs in, had to wait until it was at least 90 degrees and 100 percent humidity lol. Car is still rolling along and getting attention. Was at Auto Zone and two kids pulled up in a 71 Nova (nice car by the way) and spent a half hour looking it over and asking question about it. Hope every one is good and looking forward to another Fiero run somtime
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2019 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Davey, I'd love to do a run, but will have to wait for a few months. Some guys haven't posted for a while.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock