Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12022 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, Im gonna try and be there, theres a aluminum head 2.8 with 4t60 on it on craigslist that some guys over here in KC want to pick apart So I plan to be there the 22nd and meet up with everybody, Ill read back through the tread to see all the details, but when have a plan finalized maybe we can put it all in one post.

Looking forward to seeing everybody and getting to know some new faces.

I'll also see if I can convince some other locals to join.

Chris Coulter
Kansas City Fiero Owners Group President
IP: Logged
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump to see if we could get a few other St. Louis area guys or gals to come. The only problem is I'm not sure where we are going to meet. Perhaps you can give directions.

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 03-14-2014).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

Just a bump to see if we could get a few other St. Louis area guys or gals to come. The only problem is I'm not sure where we are going to meet. Perhaps you can give directions.

We will be meeting near the north side of Scott Air Force Base. There are some pictures on the first page giving directions.
skeetshooter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We still on for the 22nd of March at 1:00PM?
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of now, I believe that we are.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I are going to try and make it, I doubt I will drive the Fiero becuase the wife doesn't really trust driving it that far....
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. We are still on for the 22nd.

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. So there are some other Fiero owners in St. Louis. I see a black notchie in St. Charles sometimes, and occasionally some other Fieros. I've tried to contact various clubs here, but either get no reply or just a bounce-back.

Technically, I'm a member of NIFE, but have never been to a meeting, due to time/distance.

There is supposedly a monthly meeting on the first or second Tuesday of the month at Mid Rivers and 70, some restaurant or other, but I never could make that.

I could maybe make this, depending on the location.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are more than welcome to join us! We will be meeting on the north side of Scott Air Force Base - See the pictures on the first page. It is near Exit 19 on I-64 in Illinois.

Originally posted by tshark:

Cool. So there are some other Fiero owners in St. Louis. I see a black notchie in St. Charles sometimes, and occasionally some other Fieros. I've tried to contact various clubs here, but either get no reply or just a bounce-back.

Technically, I'm a member of NIFE, but have never been to a meeting, due to time/distance.

There is supposedly a monthly meeting on the first or second Tuesday of the month at Mid Rivers and 70, some restaurant or other, but I never could make that.

I could maybe make this, depending on the location.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, I may have to run a bit late on the meet-up. We finish practice generally at 1300 (1pm for you non-military folk). Now what would be really cool is for you guys to meet up at 1250 and drive over to the high school parking lot with a load of Fieros!!!!! It is about 3-4 miles so not far. O'Fallon Township High School in O'Fallon, IL.

Is there a game plan for the day??? A cruise perhaps for a burger someplace or do we want to get a grill and some potato salad and chill out? There is a Sonic in the middle of town that could handle us. I almost forgot, one of my close friends is opening up a Classic Car dealership in town. perhaps we should drop in on him???? Some killer cars in there!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 03-18-2014).]

markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My schedule changed a bit. I should be good to meet earlier, stay later, etc. I am good with going to the Sonic if the weather is cooperating. We can even wait for you at the meet point and all decide then.

Another thought is an outdoor ice cream place. I know of Bobbys in Maryville. Is there one closer to Ofallon?

[This message has been edited by markkrug (edited 03-18-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep....custard place named Gators. Right in the heart of town. I will adjust my attendance at practice to the meet up, not you guys adjusting to me. It was actually rude of me to even suggest it so I apologize. Still, I would love to gather up all the cars and head over to the practice field so all the boys can see a few Fieros. I sent my friend who owns Gateway Classic Cars a note asking if we can come buy and get a tour of the facility. It doesn't officially open until 1 April. Hopefully he will let us in. he has some tasty autos in there!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 03-19-2014).]

tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a GPS address for that location? The 22nd might be doable. I just have to get the hood back on and get her off the ramps.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The longitude and latitude are in the bottom right hand corner. 1:00 pm this Saturday the 22nd. I think we should plan on leaving by 1:30 just in case those from out of town are running late.

I like the car museum idea but we would need to make sure it was arranged.
Also, custard sounds good too.

Keep in mind that with multiple cars and traffic, we will all need to know the final destination or have two way radios. It might be a good idea to bring them if you have them. Just in case.

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 03-19-2014).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are looking for Scott AFB look for the gate here:
763 Seibert Rd, Scott AFB, IL 62225
There is a Subway sub shop right next to the airplanes on sticks.

The car museum is a done deal for us. It will be closed to the general public so we will be the only ones there. We have a 1330 appointment for Gateway Classic Cars in O'Fallon MO. If you run late go to this address and it is right next door.
Menard's @ 1179 Central Park Dr, O'Fallon, IL 62269

Starting to look up! We will need to decide where to go for some eats but the rest should be sorted!!!
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just confirming O'Fallon ILLINOIS for the Gateway Car Classics. Not trying to front but just want to make sure any out of towners are clear .
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So to be clear......

Saturday, March 22 2014

1:00 PM - Meet at Scott Air Force Base
1:10 PM - Leave to go to Gateway Classic Cars in O'Fallon IL (Menard's @ 1179 Central Park Dr, O'Fallon, IL 62269 )
1:30 PM - Arrive at Gateway Classic Cars
3:30 PM (approximate time) - get a bite to eat / get to know each other
5:00 PM - Something else? Car Cruise?

I recommend that after the Classic Cars, we go to get a late lunch / early dinner somewhere and hang out. Custard sounds good. I think it should be a place where we can sit down as a group and get a chance to talk and exchange contact information. I will be happy to make a list and send it out to everyone when we are done. Perhaps we can turn this into something on a regular basis.
After setting down and getting to know each other, a Car Cruise would be cool. I looked on the web but did not find anything (pretty early in the season). Does anyone know of one?

Currently the weather is looking like sunny and a high of 54F for Saturday. Should be a good day to be out and about.

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

If you are looking for Scott AFB look for the gate here:
763 Seibert Rd, Scott AFB, IL 62225
There is a Subway sub shop right next to the airplanes on sticks.

The car museum is a done deal for us. It will be closed to the general public so we will be the only ones there. We have a 1330 appointment for Gateway Classic Cars in O'Fallon MO. If you run late go to this address and it is right next door.
Menard's @ 1179 Central Park Dr, O'Fallon, IL 62269

Starting to look up! We will need to decide where to go for some eats but the rest should be sorted!!!

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone up for Butter Burgers???? Right around the corner from Gateway. We could have custards there as well or head to a local little place called Gators for custards. so many options and such a a small stomach.
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it OK to bring a Wife, Daughter or Son along?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fine by me, but I'm not the organizer. Fiero clubs are welcoming, right? I was actually going to ask the same thing, but this is during nap time for my kids, and would mean bringing a second vehicle.

My Fiero is a good conditions vehicle, and will be assembled to the point of being street legal (I think). The quarter windows don't fit, the interior is mostly out, but I'll try to have body panels that match on it. This car is missing a lot, and I'm having a hard time finding the correct parts in good condition for an affordable price. My car won't help the Fiero image much--especially up close in daylight.
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine's altogether but I believe everything is 27 years old. Still running.
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In general, friends and family are welcome to all Fiero events. Normally I would respond immediately to questions like the one above, but I didn't know about the Car Museum. Otherwise, yes for sure.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think it is fine.
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to say I won't be able to meet up with the group today, Maybe next time. I have to attend a celebration of life for one of my best friends who passed away last Tuesday from a very aggressive cancer.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow what a day!!! We meet up at Scott. it was just a little chilly but tolerable. If the wind went away it probably would have been the perfect temp. We had 7 Fieros show up. made the trek over to Gateway Classic Cars (Thanks Sal!) and got our private tour there. There are some really beautiful autos in that place! They even had a Chevy Vega. My favorite: 67 Firebird 400 4 speed with the hood tach. I also spotted a Pontiac 2+2 which I am not sure of its designation. Never seen one before. Pics coming. After our tour we went for butter burgers at Culvers. We drove through the Ford and Chevy dealers on the way to Gators for custard. They dealers were surprised to say the least! Gators was still closed for the winter (open 4 April) so we missed out on custard. Then we went to my house for some hot tea and to see the MERA and GBCT. All in all it was a really fun day and I met more die hard Fiero fans that continue to impress me with their dedication to our beloved little hotrods. Hopefully you can make it to a later date one Dave.

P.S. We are planning on doing this again on May 10th (Saturday)
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say that I had a fantastic time. It was great meeting everyone and as John said, we will do it again. I am very much looking forward to it. We have the start of something very good here.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, thank you for for your hospitality. I had a lot of fun. It was great to meet some fellow Fiero nuts. It was also good to see other Fieros and discourse on other ideas. Seeing John's 4 mid-engine vehicles was great. They are all good examples of their kind. The tea and cookies were good also. Your home improvements are awesome! I have no idea how you find time for so many projects.

Thanks to those who made a drive of several hours to attend. This was a great idea.

Paul, I'm glad you are the one who has to meet those tolerances, rather than me.

I think I'll have to make a trip to the bone yard for some more parts.

I won't be available in May, but will plan to attend other local events.

P.S. John, don't forget me if you find that part we discussed.
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time, got many new ideas and much information I didn't know before. That custom 350 Fiero is something else, Beautiful car! .Many thanks for the good time.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think I'll have to make a trip to the bone yard for some more parts.

Speaking of which.... Sometimes you can find what you need at the highly picked over Speedway Salvage near Gateway International Raceway off of Illinois 203. That is my favorite yard. There is a new one just off of I-64 that is a U-Pull-it type of yard and then there is a Pick-n-Pull in north St. Louis off of Hall Street. These are the 3 yards I would check.
And on that note..... We could plan a get together at one of the salvage yards. That could be very helpful for someone who needs parts and wants a hand getting them out. ....Not to mention a good time.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the yard info...The meet-up at one is a good idea, also.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see Paul and Chris again and meeting all of you. Had a good time but sorry I was feeling so bad. Maybe next time I could get into it more. Glad to see such a good turn out. Looking forward to the next time.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By the way, I really got a kick out of our drive through the Ford dealership.

It was neat to see all the Fieros lined up in a row, and to see the crowd they drew at Culver's.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By the way, I really got a kick out of our drive through the Ford dealership.

It was neat to see all the Fieros lined up in a row, and to see the crowd they drew at Culver's.

Nothing quite like a Fiero parade!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spur of the moment. Even Ford guys can appreciate the draw of the Fiero!!! I love the looks you get on peoples faces.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Spur of the moment. Even Ford guys can appreciate the draw of the Fiero!!! I love the looks you get on peoples faces.

Well, we could give ALL the Jappanese and Korean guys something to feast their eyes on.

My Fiero is supposed to be painted in May, but it will have to be local. I can't get my car to Florida and back. Any good local shops? 2 shops told me they could do it, then backed out.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Duplicate post.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 03-23-2014).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a shop right next to where we were at. They told me in the past they could do it. Let me ask on Monday.
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot who had the center console with the cup holders. Can you tell me where you got them, look good and need a cup holder.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got it for TXGOOD here on the forum. In the search, type TXGOOD or Cup holder / Armrest pad
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you , found the post for txgood, will have to give them a try.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock