Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12030 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leaving STL Wednesday night after work. We'll stop at a hotel part way that night.

Glad you're OK. Glad you got the car registered.
IP: Logged
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notwohorns, you still out there?
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm here. Still working on the yard and we're remodeling four rooms in the house. Staying pretty busy. I need to work on my car and get it ready for the Dells. I haven't been able to work on the GT at all. I want to pull the engine and replace the cradle mounts, Motor mounts, bushing, and hoses. I'll get to that one of these days. To bad the weather has been perfect for working on cars.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys want to form a meet up for August when I get back???
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm up for a meet-up in August.

Johnny, I hope you don't wear contacts. I dunno about where you are, but Saudi was rough on my eyes.

Notwohorns, I guess the GT won't be making it to the Dells, huh? I know what remodeling is like. We remodeled houses for as far back as I can remember. I hope to build my next house myself.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
August should be good for me.

Do a little work on the Fiero tomorrow so I can get it out of they way to get the Pacifica out. It's running, just need to get the tranny and selector in sync and an alignment. Then I get to have fun with the Fiero. It 's hard to find 3800 stuff.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 05-02-2015).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
August is good for me. I wouldn't mind getting together before that even. And no the GT is not going to the Dells lol.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still am at the shop most weekends, anyone want to work on the car or watch me work on mine is fine with me. I would prefer a cruise but I have several things like coil over I am pitting on still. Once I have the suspension finished the rest of my rehab should leave it drivable.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking more get together BBQ and sit around a fire in the evening where the familes could come as well.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-03-2015).]

Drew-py

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been doing a fair amount of yard work myself since the weather has gotten nice on my newly purchased house, bought it back in Jan. so I have not had much time to deal with the outside.

My car is temp down do to the driver rear caliper decided to blow a seal and only 3 weeks before I need to take it to N. Carolina for ChugFest (a Marine Corps, car enthusiast and movie watchers gathering) BBQ held at a great friends house annually.
so I am doing the brake upgrade that I was wanting to do, but sooner than planned because she has other thoughts about needing some attention. Cars have a funny way about them dont they.

LornesGT: do you have a brake lathe at your shop? I am in need of the front rotor disc cut off so I can finish starting my brake upgrade.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any specialty tools just hand tools.

Spent as many hours trying to get the last bolts out for the lower control arm. I gave up today with the front control arm bushings and trying to get them back in, the lowers are a pain. I made the mistake of taking the front and rear bushings out of the box without making sure which is which. One set is longer, I believe the front, looking at the pics on the FS website I should have them installed properly but they don't go back in so easily.
PFF
System Bot
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr rottin a fam get together would be great
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loren, how's the Fiero? Any progress?
Pilgrim88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilgrim88Send a Private Message to Pilgrim88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, quick question. Does anybody in the area happen to have a spare sun roof latch? Apparently the pin sheared off on mine... and with the recent storm I think I had more moisture inside the car than out. Ugh.

Side comment - just picked up a '95 cutlass with the 3.4 DOHC to swap into my '88... should be good times.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are a few sunroofs over at the junkyard that had the handles on them.
Pilgrim88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilgrim88Send a Private Message to Pilgrim88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great... i will have to check over there tomorrow. Thanks.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of us who are going to the Dells, if you have specific parts you need, I may be have them. I have headlight area parts, shift area trim parts, various interior pieces, etc. I also have non-Fiero stuff in the way of G6 glove boxes, firebird HVAC controls, solstice vents, bonneville HUD, etc, that I considered using on a previous Fiero, only it was bought suddenly. If I have something you need, I could bring it with me.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is more info on the Hot Rod Power Tour stop at Gateway

Monday, June 8:
12 pm (noon) – 6 pm Registration Open at Gateway Motorsports Park, outside of NASCAR turns 3 & 4 – Madison, IL (STL)
12 pm (noon) – 7 pm HOLLEY Cruise Night Show Hours

The will have drag racing fun runs on the June 8 stop at Gateway Motorsports Park if anyone wants to make a pass. You can register for just one day at the site.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I can get to the raceway.
How much do you want for the HUD.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lorne, you may have the HUD. It is just the projector portion. It needs pigtails. There is a 2-wire connector with plug. This idea hadn't gone far. I was just collecting parts from a list of what someone on PFF used.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be at the shop trying the new spring tool tommorow.
PFF
System Bot
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could make it out there. Haven't had a weekend off in three months. I will have the next few weekends off so hopefully I can hook up with you guys. I will be the stranger in the gold Fiero.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The stranger in the gold Fiero stopped in today for a short visit. Where did you say you got your door glass? I will be there tomorrow if anybody wants to come by.

The Pacifica is back on the road, just bleed the brakes tomorrow at little more. Turns out the trans pump was air locked, I would not have thought that possible.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to see you Loren. Nice shop you have,and good to hear the Pacifica is back on the road. The glass was from Pro source and they are one of the venders on this site. Hope we can hook up with the rest of the guys next meet up.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone going to be at power tour on Monday the 8th while in St Louis

Or doing the drive from Champaign to St Louis, or St Louis to Memphis?
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be at Gateway for sure. Don't know about doing a road trip due to my two jobs, but I hope we can round up a few Fieros.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is the route if anyone wants to join in for part of the ride. http://www.raceit.com/image...ctions%20EMAILED.pdf
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be at the shop very long today, maybe only an hour. I plan to be at the reaceway just not making any of the trips.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I will be there with my trailer, car went to shop on Friday... Bringing a canopy we can all hang for a while.

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be off of work early on the 8th. Not sure what time we all can hook up as a group but any one who will be going chime in on what time and location would be good. Not sure how big of a crowd they will have, so we could meet at the track.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to a friend's house for grub and beers at some point but would meet up for a while, as long as the wind isn't blowing to hard look for the blue canopy with the NIFE banner I will be hanging out around my car maybe taking a nap, long day planned to get there.

I usually pull in about 2/3 o'clock. Cruise nights only run till 6

This is all if o hey the car back and it is running good from the app from our in on Friday.

Otherwise look for the brick orange wrangler soft top, will still have the Canopy.

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 05-25-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is fixed for now should be there with it
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Car is fixed for now should be there with it

Good news. Will you still have the blue canopy our should I look for the red Fiero? Wouldn't think either one would be hard to find.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both...
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so I fixed my brake issues finally to go on a raod trip only for a pot hole to bend a rim and have the supercharger lock up

So I guess I am down again for how ever long it takes for me to get around to fixing her. Cant really complain to much she has given 3 1/2 yrs with out any down time

[This message has been edited by Drew-py (edited 05-27-2015).]

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The brakes look great! Potholes suck in and around the whole metro area. Hit one hard enough to knock my stirring out so bad that when I turned into my driveway all I had to do was let go of the wheel and it turned in buy itself. Do you think you can make to the hotrod tour on the 8th?
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the SC usually repairable when that happens?
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 05-28-2015).]

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

davylong86

915 posts
Member since Mar 2014

My son is giving me lessons on posting pics. The red Fiero is my 84 I bought brand smacking new when I was 23 and still have but not running. The 86 I bought 5 years ago and I drive often. Will post more photos as I learn how to use this damn thing.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 05-28-2015).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Is that you or Rob Lowe?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock