Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12029 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steering stops still hit the A arm so I don't know why the person posted a problem with that. I found the issue listed with the longer end links needed. I have a set of Rodney's zero lash so I assume that was a waste of money. Actually will be pulling my stuff back apart before long as I didn't install the new bushings. I wanted to be able to get a review for Rodney completed this weekend, so maybe you guys didn't miss all the fun. I found one of the brake pad clips broke so new pads again will be installed.
IP: Logged
LorenBateman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ordered 6 new injectors, upper gasket set and the steel vacuum lines from Drew..going to get this done next wkend i hope
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope it's warmer then.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too have a garage but may have to get a small heater
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working in the cold also on the Pacifica but inside the shop. Fiero is out side and I am leaving it as is until it's in the 40 at least and some son shining on me.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol im getting to old to be working on my ^#*) outside in the cold lol
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am working in it today, gotta warm up every 10 minutes. I think I have about another half hour in me and that is it.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I am working in it today, gotta warm up every 10 minutes. I think I have about another half hour in me and that is it.

Snow is on the way too....

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Small trick. I put those hand warmers in my hat over my ears. 2 pair of socks. Wear thermal underwear. Wear a flannel undershirt. Over your clothes, wear insulated coveralls. Zip and button. Wear the tight black waterproof gloves. I don't have a name for the gloves. They're not latex, but are almost like innertube rubber. I used to work in that at 25 below (minus the hand warmers), but I had hair then.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Small trick. I put those hand warmers in my hat over my ears. 2 pair of socks. Wear thermal underwear. Wear a flannel undershirt. Over your clothes, wear insulated coveralls. Zip and button. Wear the tight black waterproof gloves. I don't have a name for the gloves. They're not latex, but are almost like innertube rubber. I used to work in that at 25 below (minus the hand warmers), but I had hair then.

But you can't move and inch!
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the thin layers allow movement. If it was heavy clothing, no. You saw me in most of that outfit a while back at your shop. I didn't use the warmers, the gloves, or the socks.
PFF
System Bot
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
installed new injectors and the stainless steel vacuum lines from Drew ( one was a duplicate) only to fine on tear down that the egr tube flange was split in two pieces..ordered a new one from Rodney
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you're getting it together Loren
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeaaaaaa really like the stainless steel lines..when i took off the egr tube and saw that it was broke my heart sank,,want this poorvette on the road..
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one from Rodney is really nice.

Notwohorns, how's your recent acquisition coming?
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it is much better shape that my nochie was except the nochie has a new Jasper engine.. I'm going to pull the engine. Needs cradle bushing. I'm also going to install new motor mounts and clean the engine up. I'll most likely wait 'til fall to paint it. Have you made any changes to yours?

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 02-22-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
End links and bushings. I'm working on the headlight motors. Someone painted them, wires and all with a greasy paint. I've been cleaning the heater box and working on the interior. I need to pull the hood to treat a few parts in the front. I fixed the arrow trim. All simple stuff. Still haven't gotten around to treating the trunk. It's fine, but I'd like to keep it that way. I'm working on upgrading the booster. I replaced all the interior lighting.

I hope to see you and your GT soon.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tshark. Are you planning on going to the Dells Run? I saw your questions on the Dells Run thread. We are going and have made reservations.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. We will be there, barring any unforeseen events.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When are you going up and then come home? We are leaving Thursday morning.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our plan is to leave Wednesday night, go part way, and return on Sunday. We haven't finalized ”part way” yet.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 02-27-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be talking to you before then
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. We should do something by then. Never made it to the Museum of Transportation last year.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be at the shop this weekend if anyone wants to hang out.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 03-06-2015).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to hang out!!!! Unfortunately the trip would be a little long for me to make...
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnny, we'll hang out when you get back.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 03-07-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Loren, any progress?

Lorne, sorry, can't go there. I planned to work on my Fiero after my kids do their project. Can't work on the Fiero and get over there. No brakes in my Fiero, anyway.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was with in 10 min from firing it up before i had to leave for work,,had to put distributor cap back on but one of the vacuum lines was in the way so ill just have to wait till later on today
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lucky you. Reliable, warm weather can't come soon enough for me.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lucky you. Reliable, warm weather can't come soon enough for me.

That's what I'm doing this weekend with the warmer weather. Maybe in the near future
Pilgrim88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilgrim88Send a Private Message to Pilgrim88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, this weekend I have to diagnose my crazy oil pressure gauge on ye old '88... doesn't look like it will be too hard. So happy to have decent weather.

Saw this on craigslist today...
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4903731558.html
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't beat this weather
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be at the shop starting tomorrow, not so great weather, and the rest of the weekend. Anybody that wants to come by that's fine.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pilgrim88:

Well, this weekend I have to diagnose my crazy oil pressure gauge on ye old '88... doesn't look like it will be too hard. So happy to have decent weather.

Saw this on craigslist today...
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4903731558.html

That's been on CL for a while. It'd be nice to see if someone buys it.

Where has FieroVirgin gone? Haven't heard from him in about a year.

Lorne, what is on the program, this weekend? I got my brakes back in, but now have the lights and interior out. Not looking good. 2nd year I've taken the interior apart, and haven't gotten to the headliner, seats, or carpet. I'm going to attempt to rebuild my headlight motors.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Burning some front suspension bushings and rebuilding the Pacifica engine if all the parts arrive. If they don't come in I have plenty of other Fiero stuff I bought.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a small oil leak on my notchback. I can't tell if it's the oil pan gasket or the rear main seal. This all started when I installed synthetic oil (Mobil 1). I'm going to pull the engine and replace both then go back to conventional oil
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright gents im at wits end on this.. Its the number 5 cyl.that has the miss,,new plugs ,plug wires , cap,rotor, compression check, injectors,egr and egr tube,..put in stainless steel vacuum lines..came off the hwy one evening after work and it was missing..now seems to be only missing at idle and low rpm..could this be an exhaust gasket leak???
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remind me how you know it's #5.

Notwohorns, sounds as if you're having fun. Did you change the weight of the oil?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 03-12-2015).]

LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pulled plug wire and no change
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Notwohorns, sounds as if you're having fun. Did you change the weight of the oil?

No I have not. Do you think that might help?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock