Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN by nellieship
Started on: 02-28-2013 12:38 PM
Replies: 321 (6581 views)
Last post by: Oosky on 08-07-2013 12:14 AM
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doors open to camp Shipman Thursday July 25 (although I may be working that day). No charge for camping of course. We do have some electrical outlets outside and also a "camp shower."
Fiero Feast (hog roast) Friday evening July 26 at our place. $5.00 per person contribution appreciated.
Show Saturday July 27 10-2 p.m. Additional trophy this year for the car club entering the most cars and also a lowrider category.
Smiley from the Originals Car Club in Fargo will be running a jalepeno and pie eating contest!

Saturday evening we will be having a scenic drive with supper to follow. Watch for more details on this. We will be enjoying a supper out somewhere in the area - so no second fiero feast at our house saturday night this year, although we will more than likely have left overs from Friday for anyone interested in that.

Sunday - show and shine small car show. Parade of cars at 1:30ish for anyone still around who is interested.

Tshirts - $12.00 up to XL, $15.00 for larger. Please preorder or you might not get one. I will post the design once it is decided on.

**If you preregister with me prior to June 1st you will receive a FREE car show tshirt! This is complements of United Community Bank in Frazee, MN

If anyone would like a flyer to pass around, please email me dshipman@loretel.net

------------------

Tylers Annual Car Show

Tylers Toy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I better start training for the Pie eating contest

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8 aka (Hat tip to Mr. J. Jones!)
http://jalopnik.com/5901950...or-her-sweet-sixteen
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already requested the days off work
Delta_32-1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Delta_32-1Send a Private Message to Delta_32-1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally cannot wait to see all the wondrous cars and people.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am anxious as every to see everyone again! This will be my 5th trip to Frazee!
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm... Long drive

Click to show

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 02-28-2013).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Hmm... Long drive

worth the trip - you will never be the same after camp shipman lol
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to bust knuckles and get all the cars done! Hopein to get a nice formation of cars to head up there this year. Requesting the days off.... NOW!
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure wish I could make it! Will try my best but PM sent for a T-shirt or two...
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I am anxious as every to see everyone again! This will be my 5th trip to Frazee!

Ditto!

Fred and Annette
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For our out-of-state Fiero owners that may be attending...

(pardon the cross post from OT, but this just seemed to fit this thread to well)

I hope I'll be able to get back to Frazee this summer, haven't been since the first 1st show because of work conflicts, but I'll try to get that all sorted out this year!

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 02-28-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm... Long drive

Ummm You may want to give this a try then! LOL

Click to show

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im going....I have the vacation time. I need a vacation.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Ummm You may want to give this a try then! LOL

Click to show

How much do the airlines charge to check a Fiero into baggage?

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He'll take it as a carry on and place it, securely under the seat in front of him. The keys, of course, will stay in his pocket.

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 03-03-2013).]

BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Planning on being there for sure this year, hopefully get a second car running to bring for show Sounds like a lot of fun!

-Dave

------------------

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BazookaFiero:

Planning on being there for sure this year, hopefully get a second car running to bring for show Sounds like a lot of fun!

-Dave

You serious? We Finally get to meet you?

I have seen you and your Fiero driving around Fargo-Moorhead, but you never wave
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VikingRedBaron

879 posts
Member since Nov 2009
I will be their this year again, and I will be camping at "Camp Shipman" this year.

I may have only 2 Fieros with this year.......................
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I hope you can make it Chris.... but I just feel as though I have heard this somewhere before

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there again too!
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

You serious? We Finally get to meet you?

I have seen you and your Fiero driving around Fargo-Moorhead, but you never wave

You have?! When? All the Fieros I see around here never acknowledge me... I'm only over in Fargo these days, only time I am in moorhead anymore is when I'm driving truck :P

It would be great to see everyone, I lurk too much. I'd love to get the 944 cleaned up and running for the show, but that would be QUITE the miracle I think... :/
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm... Long drive

Click to show

Don't think too much, you'll think yourself out of a terrific trip. I attended the 2nd Annual TSMCS in 2011 and drove almost 1200 miles, one way, in my Fiero. It turned out to be one of my best adventures. The hospitality of Frazee is wonderful, Camp Shipman is a great gathering of interesting, generous people and the food isn't shabby either. I'll be there in spirit this year but have already made plans to attend the 5th annual TSMCS in 2014. Don't miss out.
------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 03-05-2013).]

86blackgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have?! When? All the Fieros I see around here never acknowledge me... I'm only over in Fargo these days, only time I am in moorhead anymore is when I'm driving truck :P

It would be great to see everyone, I lurk too much. I'd love to get the 944 cleaned up and running for the show, but that would be QUITE the miracle I think... :/[/QUOTE]

What fiero do you drive? I've been in Fargo/Moorhead with my fiero for almost 10 years. I try to wave to all the other fiero's when I'm in my fiero. I've kinda figured I've meet all the fiero lovers in this area. And why are zero fiero's at the local car shows?

I'll be around the weekend of the show

Ryan
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been working hard - should have at least 3 cars comming up there this year. Working on getting the team around again for a huge caravan up there.
sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to show up this year, but with the 30th plans already made and all my repairs, it's just not in the budget/bank.

Next year I plan on being there.
FieroAK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAKSend a Private Message to FieroAKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm... Long drive

Click to show

Yea... my drive would be longer yet at aprox. 2957 Miles. Eventually, though, I'll make one of these shows.

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there this year. I was told I don't have a choice lol. I might not have a fiero up there this year. This project of mine has been a long and drawn out task.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

I'll be there this year. I was told I don't have a choice lol. I might not have a fiero up there this year. This project of mine has been a long and drawn out task.

I will be there with 2 Buicks and a 300ZX - I know how you feel.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:

Time to bust knuckles and get all the cars done! Hopein to get a nice formation of cars to head up there this year. Requesting the days off.... NOW!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Nice, got it booked on the work calendar so they cant say no then?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by BazookaFiero:

It would be great to see everyone, I lurk too much. I'd love to get the 944 cleaned up and running for the show, but that would be QUITE the miracle I think... :/

Tow it with the Fiero
I dont think anyone minds push pull or drags in the show, I'll help you push park it
PFF
System Bot
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Tow it with the Fiero
I dont think anyone minds push pull or drags in the show, I'll help you push park it

I thought about doing this, but I vowed to never let my Fiero be a tow queen unless I broke down stranded somewhere - Otherwise, Id probably bring the Fiero as well... :P
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:

I will be there with 2 Buicks and a 300ZX - I know how you feel.

Not to hijack the thread, but which two Buicks are you Bringing?

88fieroduke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierodukeSend a Private Message to 88fierodukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there for sure! Hopefully my 3800 is done! Otherwise i'll bring my 2005gto! Or both...
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

Not to hijack the thread, but which two Buicks are you Bringing?

1987 Buick Turbo T and my 1985 Grand National will be making special guest appearances there - along with my brothers 87 300ZX Turbo. Wish I could get the Fiero goin - not enough time/money for that though...
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any creative type folks out there have any good tshirt design ideas? i'm stuck....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

any creative type folks out there have any good tshirt design ideas? i'm stuck....

Just popped into my head, how about a big wheel and tire, the white letters on the tire could be part of the headline. Maybe the centercap be another part. We could just not put a full vehicle image on the shirt this year to be different? I've liked all of the shirts so far.
Could be straight on or at an angle. Just pics off google to visualize:

Or this kind of could use the side of the car too, like a billboard, racing stickers could become text about the show:

Could look kind of realistic, or cartoony.

Anyway just brainstorming

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-21-2013).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
love it! what if i bought a merchandise rights for this picture and in the ribbon put July 27, 2013 and below the picture put 4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee MN and put the cancer ribbon/pontiac emblem that we always use under one of the flags. we are still within the 3 color rule - i think. Chris does shades of black work against us?

http://graphicleftovers.com...hic/race-flags-tire/
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going this year dang it!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

love it! what if i bought a merchandise rights for this picture and in the ribbon put July 27, 2013 and below the picture put 4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee MN and put the cancer ribbon/pontiac emblem that we always use under one of the flags. we are still within the 3 color rule - i think. Chris does shades of black work against us?

http://graphicleftovers.com...hic/race-flags-tire/

I would think that is far too many colors. There are tons of shades of red in the banner alone, then shades of white, gray, silver, black in the wheel and tire.

EDIT:

Nellie, after talking to you on the phone, I think this is kind of what you were describing......

Yes... no? it's very rough, but a start towards something I think

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-21-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay