Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 42)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027767 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
PD1949

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The big hold up as she said is the wiring. When that's completed I understand it's just cosmetics. I really want to hear it run because she did quite a bit of work on that engine as you know from reading the thread. She's optimistic that it will be soon but she graduates HS this year and she has college finals for the classes she's taking. How she finds time for school , work the car and some social life is beyond my understanding. Some say she has a time turner just like Hermione.
IP: Logged
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey!

Just wanted to let you all know that I worked on the car for a couple hours on Thursday and Friday. I got some of the last bits in the interior done... only one more part of the center console needs placed and then I need to put in a radio and reconnect all the AC once I bring it home. I've also started putting together more of body work... should have the handles back on the doors by the end of today.

Wishing you all the best
-Kathryn
laclone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lacloneSend a Private Message to lacloneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You go Girl!

You've been an example of determination and perseverance to both all of us old farts, as well as lots of other young ladies everywhere!
World over!

You only fail in achieving your dreams when you quit. And despite dealing with all the pressures of growing-up, you haven't quit!

What an example for us all!

We're proud of you. Each and every one of us!
LogoHotShot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LogoHotShotClick Here to visit LogoHotShot's HomePageSend a Private Message to LogoHotShotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pop! Just popping in again... sorry, I first noticed this story a few years ago - but haven't been able to keep up with all the updates, but as I can see Kathryn, you've almost finished your car, and that is awesome. As I recall, you had a link online where you sold miniature welded things. Is there still a link to your stuff online? I'm kind of needing a business card holder.

many
thanks
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

Just posting some quick updates. More of the body work got done the other day and for some reason the last two times my Dad and I have been working we've managed to find all the bolts and parts we need relatively quickly! It's kinda been a miracle!
This weekend I will be in Ohio completing my Scuba Diving Certification so that's fun but it won't add much to the car. lol

LogoHotShot: Yes, I do have a sight to sell my welded figurines. I need to post up some items again though, I keep slacking where that's concerned. However, this is the link https://www.etsy.com/shop/KNDsKreations

-Kathryn
LogoHotShot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LogoHotShotClick Here to visit LogoHotShot's HomePageSend a Private Message to LogoHotShotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks - I think that'll work.

[This message has been edited by LogoHotShot (edited 04-30-2016).]

LogoHotShot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LogoHotShotClick Here to visit LogoHotShot's HomePageSend a Private Message to LogoHotShotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Graduation - you're an inspiration to all of us Kathryn!

Best

[This message has been edited by LogoHotShot (edited 05-04-2016).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a website with dozens of Fiero references and articles; this one features none other than Kathryn DiMaria!

http://www.curbsideclassic....o-plays-with-fieros/
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on all you have accomplished so far. It seems like at the end of a project little gremlins pop up that you have to fix. Keep your chin up and figure it will take longer than you expected. You'll be driving your fiero soon and looking for a second one for your next project lol.

Congrats on the scuba cert. My wife and I got certified 5 years ago, and loved it so much we went back and got our Advanced cert the next summer. . We have been diving several places in the Caribbean and seen everything from underwater statues to fish and cannons from an 18 th century ship wreck. You will find the diving community a lot like the fiero community. You are an inspiration to youth everywhere even without your fiero project. I hope my son accopmlishes even half of what you have in your 17 odd years.
bulldog85043

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
>bump<
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello again everyone,

Just a few quick updates. The passenger door is almost completely put back together, body panels and interior panels and all. More of the body panels are back where they should be as well.
Most recently I have been working on creating a 4' x 4' metal sign for a scuba diving shop. So I got to play around with welding and painting for a while.

On top of the projects I recently graduated high school! Whoo! And I have started a full time job as a building maintenance worker for Central Michigan University. Fun times

I hope you are all doing well! Wishing you all the best
-Kathryn
PFF
System Bot
junkcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for junkcarSend a Private Message to junkcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congratulations on graduating high school
mjnyc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mjnycSend a Private Message to mjnycEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I may speak for all members of this forum in that we're looking forward to seeing a video clip of a cute gal driving a cute coupe. Hope that's soon!
mjnyc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mjnycSend a Private Message to mjnycEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mjnyc

7 posts
Member since Apr 2015
I think I may speak for all members of this forum in that we're looking forward to seeing a video clip of a cute gal driving a cute coupe. Hope that's soon!
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2016 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm new here, and don't have a Fiero yet, but I have enjoyed reading this thread. Being the father of daughters myself, it's been neat to watch this young lady "grow up" over the past 42 pages, to see her learning all these valuable hands-on skills, and to think of all the memories she and her family have built together with this Fiero project.

Well done, Kathryn, and Michhiker!

[This message has been edited by Drewbdo (edited 06-24-2016).]

MiseryLou

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiseryLouClick Here to visit MiseryLou's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiseryLouEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kathryn, have you seen this? Looks like you've started a trend!
Hannah's Bug
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drewbdo, you have a private message.
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Drewbdo, you have a private message.

Replied, thank you.
flyfisher55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2016 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyfisher55Send a Private Message to flyfisher55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
came in late to this thread . all caught up with it . but wondering is it still active . no post in a wile and . want to know is she finished it . are there pics . thanks \

PD1949

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes the thread is still active. Kathryn and family have been out of town for a few weeks on vacation but she has put in a few days working this last week. She is also working a full time job this summer plus a few other misc.. activities. She's still a very busy girl. I'm as anxious as anyone but I've come to the conclusion it's a learning experience and besides she likes to do almost everything herself. Give her some direction and then let her do it. She is amazing that way. Most of you know she will be a "fulltime" university student this fall so no time to slack off. I'm sure she'll be posting soon. Papa D
flyfisher55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyfisher55Send a Private Message to flyfisher55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok thank you for the reply . i will keep looking for updates
PFF
System Bot
PD1949

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This week she's building herself a custom dorm loft complete with bookcase if she finishes it quickly she'll probably go and work on the car. Always something going on that she has to do.
Big Rig Stig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big Rig StigSend a Private Message to Big Rig StigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't tell me this died!?!? Did she finish it? What does it look like?

Inquiring minds want to know... ;-)
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big Rig Stig:

Don't tell me this died!?!? Did she finish it? What does it look like?

Inquiring minds want to know... ;-)

Did you see the note from I think her grandfather above? She is a busy young woman.
Big Rig Stig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big Rig StigSend a Private Message to Big Rig StigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really weird, I posted a reply asking if this project died, saw a bunch of posts that looked like they were posted recently, and now they (and my original post) are gone?
Big Rig Stig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big Rig StigSend a Private Message to Big Rig StigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Big Rig Stig

3 posts
Member since Sep 2016

Originally posted by solotwo:

Did you see the note from I think her grandfather above? She is a busy young woman.

No, I didn't. The thread I could see stopped midway in 2015, the page with the 2016 stuff didn't display for me--and, if I try to go back to the previous page, I see the last page I saw, which ranged from late 2014 to mid 2015, and this page was inaccessible, as if it doesn't exist.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big Rig Stig:

No, I didn't. The thread I could see stopped midway in 2015, the page with the 2016 stuff didn't display for me--and, if I try to go back to the previous page, I see the last page I saw, which ranged from late 2014 to mid 2015, and this page was inaccessible, as if it doesn't exist.

Her update from June: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...085309-42.html#p1650
Keep in mind she's been at this since she was 12, and she just graduated High School and is now working full time and getting ready to go to college. She, like most of us, has precious little time for projects, but she works on it when she can. Like most big car projects, it takes longer than expected but she updates when she can. I'm really hoping she can make some shows once it's completed. I'd love to congratulate her and see the finished product in person.
PD1949

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you're totally right she is extremely busy Kat worked this summer fulltime on the building maintenance crew at the university and will continue to work part time during school. She made her dorm room loft with book case ,of course and shelves and did some other jobs to earn and pay for some big ticket items. She constructed a dive sign for a business and repaired a trailer so no grass growing under her feet. She went on a family vacation out of country and did a lot of scuba diving and filled in some skills she needed. She still does her bolt people and sells them on ETSY and fills the orders as they come in. She did the orientation for college and did training in leadership skills, part of accepting the scholarship.

The car is still moving along and things are getting done when she finds the time to get down there and if not she brings parts home to work on at night or weekends. She is staying on campus and loves the college life and making new friends. So many are amazed at her but let me say her support system helps , her Dad, Mom and Sister and Little Brother are all part of the equation. They have all helped in so many ways so if any of you want your child to do any project you better plan to be involved and offer help when needed or asked for. This is a hands on project and you learn by doing, help when asked but let them do the work, take the scrapes and get dirty. I've watched Miss K. take things apart many times until she got it right or was satisfied with the result. Jerry said when the project started this was going to be an education and it has been in so many ways. I along with you await the finished project but is it the car or the girl? They're both coming along beautifully!

By the way the other Grand Children are progressing along in the same manner.. with different projects.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the update!
It's been a joy following Kathryn's progress over the years (on the car, personally, and professionally). The journey she's chosen to share with us has been inspiring. She hasn't been building just a Fiero, she's been building a life, skills, determination, and a future.
PD1949

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the interest. I also look forward to photos and more news as it's available. She loves to hear the comments from everyone and I believe she'd write more but most of the things she has done lately are small and tedious work that goes into a rebuild and this last month or so has been filled with getting ready for school. this 1st semester on campus will be a learning time for sure. I know the car is fairly complete but the wiring....... She needs time to get that sorted. thanks to all who understand and cut her a little slack, you and she knows who you are.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2016 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PD1949:

... I know the car is fairly complete but the wiring....... She needs time to get that sorted...

I'm learning how tedious wiring can be. lol
bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2016 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is Kat doing in her studies? I know this thread is about the car but I also want to hear about the person too
PD1949

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick note to all and thank you bulldog for asking, this next week is finals week so she is really busy. Kat has done extremely well in classes and merging into university life. She has a great job on campus and will even be working over the break also she will be going down to try and iron out the electrical problem , I am told so lets all hope that works out. It's going to be very cold in the barn. Kathryn has a study abroad this summer and some fun vacation time at spring break booked so as you see nothing ever slows down for her. She doesn't post much unless she has some good news or needs some advice from the forum but she hasn't forgotten just sometimes priorities change a bit and time is always at a premium for her. Wish you all the best and maybe there will be some break through with this electrical problem.
gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always happy to see this thread bumped up. Keep enjoying life!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats the electrical problem? (Could post here or another thread)
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PD1949:

... sometimes priorities change a bit and time is always at a premium...

That's one of the biggest challenges just about everyone doing a large automotive project deals with. It definitely sounds like she has her priorities in order, though. Looking forward to more progress reports on the car, but also just glad to hear things are going well for her personally.

Keep up the good work, Kat!
dejanira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2016 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dejaniraSend a Private Message to dejaniraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pictures asking to identify wiring connectors were interesting. However in 5 - 2015 pictures of the car were promised. There have not been any to date, 12 - 2016. I understand the opportunities of living and things taking time. I also know the meaning of the word "promise" and would have no problem if the "promise" had been delivered, it hasn't.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dejanira:

The pictures asking to identify wiring connectors were interesting. However in 5 - 2015 pictures of the car were promised. There have not been any to date, 12 - 2016. I understand the opportunities of living and things taking time. I also know the meaning of the word "promise" and would have no problem if the "promise" had been delivered, it hasn't.

Since you feel you're not getting what you have been "promised" I recommend you stop following the thread. It clearly has not met your requirements and you should not be expected to follow a thread doesn't provide you the material you require.
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock