Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 36)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027767 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michhiker28:

Mike, thanks, yes...got it and Kathryn should be emailing this evening. I believe we are all set!

MH

Got it and replied back. We are excited to talk with you guys. This will be a interesting club meeting. Thank you again for doing this for us.

Mike
IP: Logged
kathryn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys!
You've got pictures now! In terms of updates I think my dad has it covered but I just wanted to check in with you all as well.
so we've got the crankshaft into place now along with all the bearings, and the rubber seal...oil seal or something like that..? right?
but guess what?! It actually works! the clearances were all correct and it spins without seizing up!
sorry i'm just really excited!
thank you all for your continued support and now we'll just have to continue putting my engine together
-kathryn
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, the excitement of getting stuff to work that you made or assembled / rebuilt with your own hands never gets old.
Even us old guys/ and girls get a thrill when against all odds an old car rises like a phoenix from its ashes and rust and runs anew!
Couldn't miss the poetry... LOL.

Welcome to a lifetime of fun that is only just starting for you.
Though it is alternately described as both a blessing and a curse, it is contagious like a disease. Get used to it. Maybe you can help someone catch it too.
Be a mentor, a booster, what ever you can dream, but share the dream, and enjoy what you are making. By sharing the enjoyment, you will make it last forever for you.
I, like many others here on this forum, are so happy for you!
Keep up the good work!
Best of luck!
~Zep

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 11-09-2013).]

ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow i just read through this entire build. Great job and awesome to see such ambition and excitement.. your future will be blessed my son is 3 and his dad (that's me is a car nut and i hope i get to do this with him one day. these memories will last a life time and I'm sure your parents smile every time they think about your accomplishments.

keep it up and God bless.
Brian
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Join us in about 30 mins at http://fierofocus.com/NIFELiveWebmeeting.html

We will be talking to Kathryn through Skype. If you have certain questions I will try and get them answered for you.

Mike
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just watched you type the message above this one on the overhead projector The audio was unintelligible at the beginning, but you switched mic's and that fixed it right up. Kathryn, very nice job on the Skype Webcast! Right before you joined with Skype, they showed that segment that CNN did on you.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-16-2013).]

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey everyone,
thanks, i had fun with the skype interview / presentation!
other than that exams have kept me from doing much this week but so far i've gotten 100% on my shop exam and 91% on my math.
thanks for all the support, and have a great day!
-kathryn
p.s. thank you all for remaining so enthused and excited about my project...well car. lol
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So thought you all might like to see some of the latest progress on the engine.

Here are the new pistons with the rods on them.

So of course we need to put the new rod bearings in.

And of course we have to get the new rings in as well!

Then the fun begins. Seating the new pistons. Checking the rod bearing clearance with plastigauge, and then torqueing them down and locktite the rod caps!

Heads should be back from the shop this week from getting cleaned up and the valve job. Kathryn decided to pay to have that done, but she is port matching them herself with the die grinder so keep your fingers crossed. Photos coming soon.

-MH

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update and photo's ! With Michigan weather turning to crap, I didn't expect to see much progress being made.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Eye candy~
Love the engine Pics!
WOW!!!
Thanks
Kathryn,
You will be the only person in the your county likely that knows what is etched into their pistons!
Now you know your car, the engine being its heart.
Sooo happy for you.
Impessed you have good help and a pretty good photographer helping out... might keep them around for your first street pictures.

Wise to have the heads sent out.
Now just get ready to get the torqueing sequence memorized... LOL
Good checks everything, better checks everything twice,
Perfection checks everything three times, cause once it is assembled its toooo late.

Best o Luck!!!
smiling today
~Zep

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 12-21-2013).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates?
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kathryn!

Have you read about Mary Barra - the new GM CEO? She worked at the Fiero plant as a student & bought a black Fiero.

She said in a article: "The first plant I worked in was the (Pontiac) Fiero plant so then in my senior year I had a Fiero. It was a super fun car to have and drive."

I think if you met her, you would have an interesting conversation! Maybe one of your previous interviewers could arrange it and publish it? From what I've read about her, I'm sure she'd be happy to meet you!
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the garage is too cold to work, now's a good time to start planning a visit to Michigan Tech in early February, to see what attending school up there is REALLY like!

Few tips to becoming an engineer:

-Learn Microsoft Excel inside and out. Really helpful for documentation, presentations, sorting data, and figuring things out.

-The world of Dilbert is very real. I didn't believe it, but MAN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8vHhgh6oM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXGDRrkaRgU

-If you can, study a second language. We have a female engineer in the office who speaks fluent Spanish, and it helps a LOT when talking to manufacturing. Looks great on the resume, too.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My biggest tip to engineering school - make sure you learn and MASTER each class, because the next one will build on what you learned. With the exception of some electives, each class becomes the foundation for higher level work later.

If you just "get through" Calculus 1, you're gonna hate Calculus 2 and Differential Equations.
If you barely made it through Thermodynamics 1, Thermo 2 will kick you in the teeth.

You may have student teachers who can't teach well. If you can't learn it on your own, get a tutor. I had a Dynamics class where the class average was so low a 60 was considered a "B". Nobody learned much in that class, and it was crippling in later classes.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
I had a Dynamics class where the class average was so low a 60 was considered a "B". Nobody learned much in that class, and it was crippling in later classes.

I had a Dynamics class at NMC where the loser (teacher) actually prided himself on how few students passed it. He'd start with 30 and end up with 3. I made it to the final before I was knocked out. Retook the class at Tech, and got a 4.0.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, Mitch,
Any updates before the holidays catch up on us?
~Zep
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,
thank you for all the tips on engineering school!!! I'll be sure to check out all the links and everything too.
some updates, well I have my heads back from the shop and on Saturday my dad helped me paint them yellow like the block.
They look really good!
Now the shop is just going to clean up some of the push rods, lifters, and other small things...& then i'm pretty much ready to put the rest of the engine together...I'm excited and nervous at the same time.
Happy Holidays everybody!
thank you for all your support and assistance.
-kathryn
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just use assembly lube and break-in oil. I was watching "Fast and Loud" and they did not use break-in oil on two rebuilt engines (Shelby story and Bullit Trans-am) and both engines need a second rebuild after the initial start up and failure. For them the engine rebuilder did a second rebuild overnight.
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello again, just dropping in to see the progress Kathryn, looks like you've been really busy - so good job! My college this semester is finally over and I received an A in all my classes, so 4.0 for the semester, but I'm glad I finally have some vacation. (Update on the little figurine you made for me - someone bought it from me, so I won't be returning it. I told them it would be worth millions some day.)
Anyway, keep up the good work, and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! God Bless!
crateenginedepot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2013 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas Kathryn,

Hope santa was good to you and brought you more Fiero parts.
sniper69

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sniper69Send a Private Message to sniper69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, Hope you are having a Blessed Christmas and that the ice isn't bad where you are located.
PFF
System Bot
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy New Year Kathryn and Mitch!
How cold is it up in your Michigan garage?
Need snowshoes outside yet ,
or is it just collddddd.....?

~Zep
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Luckily, while it is freezing up here outside, we have been working inside. Which is always a good thing. As Kathryn mentioned earlier we got the heads back from being magnafluxed and hot tanked. So with the valves in and new springs, retainers, etc. it was time to paint the heads. Which of course means making sure everything was masked off.

Then of course it was time to hit them with the engine enamel.......

Kathryn had also mentioned that we were going to have the engine shop hot tank the pushrods and some of the other small parts and they did a really nice job. There was one push rod that we missed when we sent them to the shop, plus some bolts etc. that needed cleaned up as well, so out came the kerosene and a brush! Kathryn thought it was smelly dirty work, but didn't mind too much

For Christmas she also got this nice new toy. It makes finding the right tools and items SOOOOO much easier. At first she thought it was good...after using it for a couple of days on the assembly she thought it was GREAT!

Then it was time to install the cam and cam gear. So assembly lube on the bearing surfaces and moly on the cam lobes. This is probably as good as time as any to say that if you are going to try this that the book "How to Rebuild your GM V-6 60 deg Engine" by Tom Currao is indespensible.

Let me also share for those that have never done it that making sure you have the timing right is an absolute pain. We had the chain on and off about 20 times before we were sure it was right. Making sure we had the right pistons at TDC and the timing marks aligned etc. But finally we got there!

Then it was time to get the heads on. Putting on the head gaskets, getting them aligned correctly and then securing them with the new head bolts. Once they were on...Kathryn then had to torque them down to the correct torque specs in three passes starting at 20 ft/lbs then 30 and finally 40 plus 90 degrees of turn. She managed to do all of it except the last part of the torque...she just needed a bit more muscle than that so dad finished those up for her.

With the heads in place and torqued it was time to work on the rest of the valve train. Kathryn primed the lifters and preoiled them including assembly lube on the outsides of the lifters and then moly on the foot as it interfaces the cam.

[img]//images.fiero.nl/2012/IMG_8210_(Medium)_(Small).JPG

Then the pushrods were lubed with assembly lube and placed in their guides, followed by the rockers. They were also pre lubed with assembly lube and then checked for zero lash and tightened in place.

that pretty much completes the engine except the manifolds and accessories (water pump, starter, etc.)

Of course...we have also prepped the intake manifolds and valve covers. They look like this.

So good progress for the holiday break!!!

-MH
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That’s an awesome update, glad to see that V6 going together and loving that paint job.

Oh and on other thing that put a smile on my face was the stickers on the tool box. (Can't imagine why?) lol
Looks like someone had a great Christmas.

Best wishes on your continued progress.

michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tom....glad you noticed those stickers

We test fit the rocker covers and upper intake tonight and they look wicked on top of that yellow block!

-MH
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your doing this in your basement right? don't get that thing too heavy.. lol

Check your PM
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Jealous of the new engine and the nice tool box!

You might want to get Lisle special tool LIS48500 to install the intake gaskets, so you don't have to set the valve lash again.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, Looks like you have everything under control and looking good.
That is one really nice looking engine. Very impressive.
Glad you are getting the experience they can't give in school.
Can't wait for you to test it.
Soon you will on the road!
Best-o-luck!
~Zep
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Second RWDPLZ's suggestion for the Lisle tool. It allows you to swing the rocker arms out of the way to remove the pushrods. Then you can put the lower intake gaskets in place, replace the pushrods and swivel the rocker arms back. No valve readjustment necessary.

The engine is looking super. With a few bead blasted and ceramic coated bolt on pieces and a black engine bay, you'll surely have a car worthy of any car show.
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everybody!
It's been great to hear from you and I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years! As you now know my Dad and I have gotten quite a bit done on the engine...it was a bit difficult at times..(especially the timing...grrrr. lol) I loved how the painting on the upper intake turned out though! My Mom helped a lot with the lettering... and jessica helped take photos when my dad's hands were full. In all honesty getting thiis engine together was/is the part that I was the most worried/stressed about. I can only hope that it will run. Wish me luck...lol.
I hope you all are making good progress on your projects and that the winter weather isn't being too harsh.
I'll be back at school this coming Monday.... and I'll be sure to keep you all updated on any progress I make.
Thank you for all the suggestions! I'll be sure to look into all of them..only 6 months left til my birthday.... Also thank you all so much for the continued support..it means a lot.
-kathryn
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're doing fantastic work, and better than that you are learning a lot about your car and how it runs. Great job! Keep having fun! Can't wait for you to start the engine for the first time!!!
PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, it will run. We have faith in you and you have a wealth of help that will make sure it runs.

On the school on Monday, you are being really optimistic. They have already started to cancel school in Saginaw, MI, which isn't too far from you.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking engine Kathryn! My son Scott is an engineer and recently switched jobs. He now is at ADVICS and is testing/designing ABS systems. He gets to test drive different systems out on ADVICS rented course in Fowlerville and is thoroughly enjoying it. He has mentioned in the past that he wished he would have spent more time in the books when at MSU, BUT the experience and knowledge he gained from joining the MSU SAE Formula team is irreplaceable and it looks good on the resume that he had "hands on" experience with automotive systems and the SAE competition. He enjoys being an engineer. He currently is back in school- nights working on his masters.

Keep up the great work! I wish you well in your endeavors!

Steve W.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 01-05-2014).]

MrPlane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPlaneSend a Private Message to MrPlaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Kathryn! keep up the good work! and the people of reddit would like me to convey this message. "A bunch of people on the other side of the planet are a huge fan of your determination. Keep it up, 'cause you are destined for great things. Dream big, always. Wishing you god-speed."

[This message has been edited by MrPlane (edited 01-09-2014).]

mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So whats going on at the "Kathryn's Garage " show?
(wink)
Seriously though you could almost do a CCTV local show every couple of weekends.
Just a thought...

Did the storm shut you down as bad as it did here west of Chicago?

~Zep

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 01-16-2014).]

MrPlane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPlaneSend a Private Message to MrPlaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mt. Pleasant got hit hard enough to not have school for a few days. so from what kathryn has told me, she hasn't gotten to work on it much.
twoeightythreez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twoeightythreezSend a Private Message to twoeightythreezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn,
Let me first tell you how awestruck i am at the progress you have made in such a short time. Your welding skills already surpass mine, and I first learned to MIG weld about ten years ago, and I did it at my (since lost) job for nearly four years (reconditioning electric forklifts).
You truly are an inspiration for all gearheads and whenever anyone starts downplaying the potential of our up and coming generation, I will tell them to google your name. I was limited to R/C cars when I was your age due to growing up in town, but it still fueled the fire, so to speak.
I am currently an art student in my final year at the local community college , on the GI bill, and would love to feature you for my inspiring artist presentation. I will definitely be purchasing one of your works in the near future. I love what you are doing to the Fiero, one of my passions is customizing cars , i have built several, but none to the caliber of yours.
My current project can be seen here, and there are hints of my artsy side in the thread as well. I regret to say it is not a fiero, but this car is what i need at this point in my life, and I love it.
http://www.impalassforum.co...wthread.php?t=326185
After I graduate with my associates in arts, i want to pursue a degree in mechanical engineering.
Perhaps, when i finish that goal, i would be honored to work for you, as i feel that you are going to be one of the legends of this field. Who knows, that fiero of yours may someday be featured in the Smithsonian, as it will represent the early works of what will be one of the greatest minds that pushed humanity forward. I cannot wait to see you think up the next big thing until then, i anxiously await the completion of your project. I cannot fathom what your Magnum Opus will be like, when your first project is such a great execution.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm loving the paint scheme on the engine.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn,
I just got to 'fess up,
just dying here to know what you are cooking up in that basement with your totally cool car.
Please don't let us die of suspense any longer...
~Zep
PD1949

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've just returned from the great white north and I can say the engine looks extremely well. Kathryn is very busy. She wishes her teachers would let up on the homework> I've watched her doing it from the time she gets home until almost bedtime plus she has other things going also. She has a major time issue, not enough in a day. She wants some warm weather, as many of you know Michigan has had a season and set a record for number of days below freezing. There's not much heat tin the barn and it's 20 miles away and surrounded by drifts. She works on whatever she's brought home mostly small pieces and engine parts. When things warm up a bit I think things will start to go together.

Give her all the support you can. It's been a long cold snowy winter and she's feeling the time crunch on every side. I do know she has some exciting news she might share next week.

As you know I'm her GF and of course one of her biggest fans and because of that I'm aware of just how tight a schedule she runs and how she wants to be finished but I also know she 's a perfectionist. She tears things down until she's satisfied it's the best she can do.

Everyone thanks for the support and great comments I wish you knew the effect it has on her , your names are part of her friends list and she talks about so many of you as if your just around the block. Thanks from me. You all help. Papa D
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock