Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 10)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027767 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have you lost interest in posting progress 9 pages back and no updates
IP: Logged
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If she kept up the pace she was at she would be looking at it in the driveway for a couple years before she could drive it lol.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

have you lost interest in posting progress 9 pages back and no updates

Originally posted by kathryn:

thank you all and i just wanted to warn you all once i start school and get farther into my soccer season it will be a while before i have anything major to update....
-kathryn

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sooooo
sorry
i got so caught up in school and soccer that i have not had that much time to do anything
and i didn't get the pics either
i will now be diligent and keep this promise i will now get on and post updates or not at least every saturday or monday
hope you will forgive me and continue to stay on top of this post
thank you all i am truly sorry so look for updates on saturdays and mondays
sorry
kathryn d.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you're back.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sooooo
sorry
i got so caught up in school and soccer that i have not had that much time to do anything
i will now be diligent and keep this promise i will now get on and post updates or not at least every saturday or monday
sorry
kathryn d.

Don't let them distract you. School is more important (coming from a teacher)!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
School and family come first...you will have plenty of years for cars but those are one shot deals!
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been sick and i am still sick thanks for the support
so no updates other than i'm sick.
but yeah so sorry can't really help it sorry to tired to type sat. and totally couldn't get on monday
kathryn
sorry
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but yeah so sorry can't really help it sorry to tired to type sat. and totally couldn't get on monday
kathryn
sorry

Bummer! Best wishes on a speedy recovery!!!

Charlie

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah it was upsetting i was stuck in the house, by my own choices....
i caught up at school
and i hope to be able to work on my car soon
i won my soccer game today and my sister tied 1-1
kathryn
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to get this back up top. Anything new?
PFF
System Bot
Gixxer Quad

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gixxer QuadSend a Private Message to Gixxer QuadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sooooo
sorry
sorry
kathryn d.

kathryn
sorry

you're a busy 12/13 year old girl trying to get through school, don't feel like you owe anybody on here anything at all, especially an apology. lol... we all think it's cool as hell that you're doing what you're doing (and you're already far past what i would comfortably do with my own fiero), so just update when you can, and don't worry about saying sorry.
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gixxer Quad:

you're a busy 12/13 year old girl trying to get through school, don't feel like you owe anybody on here anything at all, especially an apology. lol... we all think it's cool as hell that you're doing what you're doing (and you're already far past what i would comfortably do with my own fiero), so just update when you can, and don't worry

about saying sorry.

X2!

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nothing new but soccers over so i can start working on something....
soon.
thank you all for still getting on
kathryn
thanks!!!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep after your education. Cars will come and go.
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hope cars don't go that fast
especially after all this work i have and will put into it!!!!
-kathryn
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hope cars don't go that fast
especially after all this work i have and will put into it!!!!
-kathryn

When the Fiero is gone, you'll still have the skills, work ethic, and knowledge that you'll apply to another vehicle (and life in general). One thing is for sure, you'll take much better care of your Fiero since you know exactly how much work it took to get it into the shape that you want it.
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well to be honest i've considered getting a beater car just to keep my baby (fiero) nice.
because after all this work especially on the body work of someone even sratches my paint they will
meet my wrath!!!
just kidding but seriously i love my car and it isn't finished yet
-kathryn
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump... progress?
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is the middle of "winter" so I would imagine you are very busy going to school (very important) involved in after school activities and sports (almost as important) and keeping your parents inline. (a difficult job at best) Keep up the good work and when better weather and time allow, your Fiero brothers and sisters would like to be brought up to date on the car so we can offer our usual praises and unsolicited advice.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I imagine it's a bit cold to be doing too much up there anyway. I'm sure we will see a lot of updates over the summer.
PFF
System Bot
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick note from Kathryn's dad. We haven't forgotten. Things are actually moving forward. Looking for a good 3.4 if anyone knows of any local to mid-michigan or has any suggestions. Kathryn has decided to not do spring soccer to have more time to dedicate to her car....she has been working all winter to save money for new parts and additions. I'm sure some more photos will be up soon.

-MH
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just read the first and last page of this thread, but I just wanted to say that it's AWESOME that a 12 year old girl wants a Fiero!! I'm a 26 year old girl and I've been into cars since I was around that age, but no one took the time to teach me how to work on them, I STILL don't know how, I wish I had someone around who would've taught me that stuff! Hopefully I'll learn soon But yea, it's rare for a girl to like cars at all, let alone Fieros, AND want to learn to work on them, AND when you're that young! So, rock on!!!

------------------
your Fiero loves you!!! <3

michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So we discovered a small crack in the front drivers side fender. Kathryn worked on glassing that back together last night, and once it has set up it will be sanding it back smooth. Photos forthcoming shortly.

-MH
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I just need to figure out how to get this photo posting software to work again! Been working on cleaning up the tail lights and pulling the engine soon!
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, it is good to see you back on the forum. Keep up the good work. I know how your life must be full right about now. I have several grand daughters in that age range and they are always going and doing something. Have fun.
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Kathryn had to have dad help out with the photo posting, but hey...what are dad's for right? Anyway, she has been back into it with a passion now that Michigan has recovered from its deep freeze. Now she is thinking that we might need to do some lambo doors....I think an order for hinges might be in the works soon. Also, looking to pull the engine soon and perhaps going to the 3.4 we'll see what the 2.8 looks like once we get it out and stripped apart. Most of the body work is done and ready for paint. She just needs to work on the back clip. Anyway, here are some of the photos that I don't think got uploaded previously.

Kathryn needs to get up for some welding as you can see from this picture (and this is only part of it) her MIG skills will get a workout. But hey, that is how you learn. Can I just tell you that I am kinda geeked out about a daughter that likes to weld...lol!

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Then of course the part that EVERY teenager needs....new speakers! We got a deal on these, so they are going up front and in the pillars.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Of course she hasn't neglected her sanding...as she indicated many, many times above...and even more times to me. She likes interior work, and mechanical, and welding...the sanding not so much. I guess she won't be doing any more body work than she has too...lol

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

and of course pulling the small parts off for their own paint work

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Then....a small problem. A crack in the drivers side front fender.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

So it is time to clean it up

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Mix some epoxy and fiberglass and patch it up from the back

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Then tape it off

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

and sand, prime and paint the rub strip

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Then tonight...some quiet time while we work on bringing back the taillights that the owner before Kathryn painted over....She was NOT amused...but she saved them!

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

-MH
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn,
I'm glad that you're still working on your project and haven't lost interest. Neither of my boys showed any interest in cars. You are doing great work. I have to ask, is that the Mother's Powerball or Meguiier's and how did it work on your tailights? I need to polish mine and was trying to figure out which was best.
You're going to have a great car when you're done!

------------------
Bob
84 SE IMSA Widebody
87 GT 5spd
11 Cruze Eco

Matthews 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthews 88Send a Private Message to Matthews 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kathryn, my dads friend has a fiero he is selling. I want to offer him 500$ because that is what is worth. I am 12 years old too and i also want to buy a fiero so i can drive when im older. The only major problems it has is the clutch line and the medium amount of rust in the back. It does not run so if i buy it i want to have money left over to fix that problem. What do you say, should i buy it.

Matthew
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you guys ever been to the dells show? If not you should go, great show lots of nice people loads of ideas for your car.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michhiker28:

So Kathryn had to have dad help out with the photo posting, but hey...what are dad's for right? Anyway, she has been back into it with a passion now that Michigan has recovered from its deep freeze. Now she is thinking that we might need to do some lambo doors....I think an order for hinges might be in the works soon. Also, looking to pull the engine soon and perhaps going to the 3.4 we'll see what the 2.8 looks like once we get it out and stripped apart. Most of the body work is done and ready for paint. She just needs to work on the back clip. Anyway, here are some of the photos that I don't think got uploaded previously.

-MH

I've got a used set of bolt on hinges for sale in the mall- shameless plug

Great to see that interest hasn't been lost in this project! Still inspired by all the progress made up until now.
PFF
System Bot
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
okay this is new, people coming to ME for car stuff...interesting but i'll give it my best shot. For cleaning up my tail lights i used a kit from the brand Mothers, it came with light sandpaper and cleaning solution and the buffer/blue thingy. also it came with a towel to get all the ucky stuff off when finished. so i think it worked pretty well..amazing actually but you have to be REALLY CAREFUL with the sandpaper unless you just make it worse. does that answer your question..oh also it was about $20 for the kit.
also about the 500 dollar fiero that doesn't run, that doesn't sound like too bad of a car but you will want to check the condition of your suspention, frame, body panels, ect. your engine to get it running is going to take some determination and hard work, but if the rest is in fairly good shape i'd say to go for it.
and i'm seriously going to look into those Lambo door hinges!
thank you everyone for being so patient with me so just spread the word that I AM BACK!!!
but literally i'm glad to be working on my car again, i've missed my baby...( when i refer to my baby it's my fiero!..just to let you know
-kathryn d.
Matthews 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthews 88Send a Private Message to Matthews 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Kathryn, its me again. I'm sorry i miss wrote the post. The car does run BUT you can't drive it because the clutch line is broken.

------------------
Matthew

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Matthew,
if it does run and the clutch and the rust are your only major problems i'd say to go for it, but be warned it's going to take alot of effort and determination! also you will probably find other little things to fix but don't get discouraged just keep in mind that our Fieros are older cars and just need a little bit of care. Hope you find the project worthwhile and good luck!!
also you can find tons of good advice all over this forum, not just on this thread though...so if you get stuck just look around on the site!
again good luck and enjoy your little Fiero!
-Kathryn
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn,

Congrats on making it onto Jalopnik!
http://jalopnik.com/5901950...or-her-sweet-sixteen

Thanks to FieroSTETZ for finding the Jalop post.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 04-16-2012).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 04-16-2012).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little late, but I would like to add that my favorite part of this story is that she haggled over the price.
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh. my. gosh. I'm on jalopnik!!!!
that's....that's....wow.
um....i'm kinda at a loss for words
but my tail lights are polished and all the paint is off. I think that sometime soon we're going to start digging into my engine. also I'm really excited about jalopnik, but also kind of dissapointed that nobody my age will know what in the world i'm talking about, or very few will know.
Thank you for all of your support, and special thanks to alerting me about that article!!!
-Kathryn
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats!
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! If any of your friends question what Jalopnik is just let them know it's one of the biggest car web sites on the Internet
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock