Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14681 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and this time i'm sure nobody will have a problem with some beers at noon. lol
WooHoo Page 8 is all mine!!

[This message has been edited by Darksyde (edited 07-08-2010).]

IP: Logged
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HMMMMM............BEEEEEERRRR!!!!!!

no twisting my arm here !!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aug 28th it is then. I will have to be sure I can avoid any overtime on that day!
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000
Wow, no wonder we have trouble getting attendance at the event.

17 Fieros for sale on CL right now! http://buffalo.craigslist.o...ery=fiero&srchType=T

A couple low mile GT's too!!
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will keep the 28th open for this. Should be fun!
Edit to add: I just browsed through the Buffalo Fieros for sale and I came accross a posting that claims a Kelly Blue Book Value on his car. He must be looking at a price list from 2005 considering ( as far as I know, please correct me if I am wrong) KBB doesn't rate vehicles over 20 years old! I know I can't find any price suggestions on Fieros on KBB.

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 07-14-2010).]

katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katore8105

1519 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by Darksyde:

and this time i'm sure nobody will have a problem with some beers at noon. lol
WooHoo Page 8 is all mine!!

Why would anyone have a problem with beer at noon? After all, it is Buffalo! lol I'm pretty sure getting drunk and getting all crazy over horrible sports teams are what Buffalo is all about!
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is odd on the kbb price. Maybe it is an old value, or he found another book for older cars?

Originally posted by katore8105:

Why would anyone have a problem with beer at noon? After all, it is Buffalo! lol I'm pretty sure getting drunk and getting all crazy over horrible sports teams are what Buffalo is all about!

The problem is the Bills fans that get drunk before the game are passed out by noon! Not just starting!

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 07-14-2010).]

Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if anyone is interested in attending the Super Cruise at Eastern Hills Weslyan Church next Saturday the 24th.
I am going to be there (I already registered) and it would be cool if anyone else wanted to attend with their Fiero.
Here is a link to the show. Registration is free, and tehre are a bunch of freebies/door prizes for participants.

http://www.easternhillschur...e.asp?page_id=103518

Rich
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to attend my niece's HS graduation party on the 24th. Have fun Rich. Post some pics if you can.

Larry
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

I was wondering if anyone is interested in attending the Super Cruise at Eastern Hills Weslyan Church next Saturday the 24th.
I am going to be there (I already registered) and it would be cool if anyone else wanted to attend with their Fiero.
Here is a link to the show. Registration is free, and tehre are a bunch of freebies/door prizes for participants.

http://www.easternhillschur...e.asp?page_id=103518

Rich

I am not sure what my schedule will look like next weekend, but looks like it might be fun. I see it is rain or shine. My Fiero is only shine (it fills with water in the rain)

Do they park people by make or model or is it just as people show?

John
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be in philly playing in my lax tourney or i'd be there.
PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

I am not sure what my schedule will look like next weekend, but looks like it might be fun. I see it is rain or shine. My Fiero is only shine (it fills with water in the rain)

Do they park people by make or model or is it just as people show?

John

They have a few areas dedicated to clubs, where members can park together, but the rest is a free for all (or at least it was last year). but you can also save spots with folding chairs. I'll probably be tehre relatively early, so if anyone else wanted to come I could snag us a few spots together. Last year I parked backed up to one of the grassy medians in the parking lot, and put my little portable gazebo/sun shade up (with my Fiero Banner - see below).

Rich

katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to harp on Fierofreak00 to make it out the last week of August. No promises.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have room for him.

Larry
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...maybe I'll be ready for August? Finally moved my '86 to the shop today so I can attempt to finish it.

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's not ready come on over and chat anyways.
Larry
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Hmm...maybe I'll be ready for August? Finally moved my '86 to the shop today so I can attempt to finish it.

hrm, if you live in that Ryan home development, how old is the house? I may very well have vinyl sided your house when I lived in Buffalo. I took part in siding several hundred Ryan homes in the buffalo area. If the siding is "dutch lap" meaning that there is a 45* angle at the top of each 4.5" panel that means it is an "Alside" material but if it is just a double four panel, it is Canadian stuff and less than 2 years old.

Sorry to bore you with this mumbo jumbo, I just get a little excited when I see what is or could have been my work.
lol

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 07-20-2010).]

katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katore8105

1519 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Ha! lol, nvm. Lake View isn't in the buffalo or Syracuse area so there is no chance I sided it.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave - I think this Lakeview is just south of Buffalo a few miles near Lake Erie.

Larry
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, if that is the case, my question stands lol. I googled Lakeview NY and I didn't see one come up for the buff area. I was not familiar enough with the area to remember all of the small towns since I was only there for 2 years.

On a side note, there is another Syracuse member planning on making it out at the end of August and I am awaiting a response on another. At this rate, we should have a nice little gathering. I hope to meet some more you Buffalo guys out there this time! How about whoever the lucky bastard is that beat me to Fformula88's 88 Formula? Congrats on the purchase!

Also, John if there is any way you might be able to park in the back so you could bring me for a little ride in an 88 I would be very greatful I really want to compare it to the earlier suspension.

For what its worth in return, I can show you what it feels like to have KYBs, Eibach Lowering springs, Poly everything but front engine and transmission mounts (it is a vibrating Duke so I didn't want vibration itch every time I drive the car lol), and 100% brand new joints, rods, hubs and bearings all the way around.

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 07-21-2010).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on getting the project going! I am glad you decided to give it a go!!

Well, if that is the case, my question stands lol. I googled Lakeview NY and I didn't see one come up for the buff area. I was not familiar enough with the area to remember all of the small towns since I was only there for 2 years.

On a side note, there is another Syracuse member planning on making it out at the end of August and I am awaiting a response on another. At this rate, we should have a nice little gathering. I hope to meet some more you Buffalo guys out there this time! How about whoever the lucky bastard is that beat me to Fformula88's 88 Formula? Congrats on the purchase!

Also, John if there is any way you might be able to park in the back so you could bring me for a little ride in an 88 I would be very greatful I really want to compare it to the earlier suspension.

For what its worth in return, I can show you what it feels like to have KYBs, Eibach Lowering springs, Poly everything but front engine and transmission mounts (it is a vibrating Duke so I didn't want vibration itch every time I drive the car lol), and 100% brand new joints, rods, hubs and bearings all the way around.

The local Lake View is a hamlet in the Town of Hamburg, just south of Buffalo.

I'd be happy to take you for a spin. Suspension does wallow a lot however, as I have not yet gotten around to replacing the shock and struts. They are shot. Due to other obligations, I doubt I will get to it by then either. Still, ride is somewhat representative, but it has some more bounce and roll to it than it would with good shocks and struts.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 07-21-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this today at the home depot in hamburg Anybody here? Looks to be like a sunfire or maybe a stealth wing. With some barb wire pinstripes.

[This message has been edited by Darksyde (edited 07-21-2010).]

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about whoever the lucky bastard is that beat me to Fformula88's 88 Formula? Congrats on the purchase!

That would be my brother

Rich
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, I decided to finish it...my buddy here at Custom Radio (the shop where my '86 currently resides) has an '89 Fox Body and he's been pushing me to finish it. That, and he's been dragging me the the 1/8th in Lancaster a lot lately, and that Roush Mustang I drove for a few days didn't help. I need a fast car.

Indeed, Lake View is a hamlet of Hamburg, between Derby and Blasdell. The house was built summer of '05, and the Ryan development is called "The Woods at Versailles." Take that for what it's worth, haha.

Darksyde, I may have seen that car on Seneca St. in West Seneca on Monday when I was towing my '86 to Williamsville. Seems like I remember that wing.

EDIT: Just a quick progress picture. For those not "in the know," WNY will indeed be having its very own Northstar/F40 powered Fiero roaming the streets, as evidenced in said photo:

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 07-22-2010).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darkside: I have not seen that Fiero before... but notice it has mismatched front and rear bumpers too. No idea where the spoiler is from.

Rich: Has he made any progress on moving the engines?

1986 Fiero GT: Wow, now that is a teardown! I think you should take off the door panels, just so you can say you completely stripped it! Best of luck with the project! Is that the F40 in the passenger seat area?
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darkside: I have not seen that Fiero before... but notice it has mismatched front and rear bumpers too. No idea where the spoiler is from.

Rich: Has he made any progress on moving the engines?

1986 Fiero GT: Wow, now that is a teardown! I think you should take off the door panels, just so you can say you completely stripped it! Best of luck with the project! Is that the F40 in the passenger seat area?

John,
I have not talked to him since the day he had it moved to his house, so I'm not sure where he's at on it. (I did stop by that day to take a look )

Rich
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The doors are quite literally, the only things that don't need to come off, haha. Though I may pull the skins so I can replace the almost completely missing outer dew wipes and such. ...and yup! That's a brand new F40 where the passenger seat should go. As soon as my buddy and I get the 220 line run over to his bench, I'll get to putting that and the engine on the cradle shown under the car. Should be a good time.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weather does not look very promising right now, it will probably be a game time descision as to whether I go to the super cruise or not, just in case anyone else was planning on checking it out.

Rich
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The F-40 is still a possible option for me over the Getrag for my next build. I will have to wait and see what comes my way by then. Are you fabricating the adapter plate yourself or doing an Archie kit?

Edit to add: wow, quite the traffic on the WNY thread!

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 07-24-2010).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich,

Did you do the cruise today? I didn't go because of the threat of rain. My T-top is really in no shape to brave the rain. I get a flood in the driver side top, and did not want to risk the possibility of downpours.
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The F-40 is still a possible option for me over the Getrag for my next build. I will have to wait and see what comes my way by then. Are you fabricating the adapter plate yourself or doing an Archie kit?

No adapter plate necessary. The Aurora/Northstar blocks have the proper bolt pattern, save for one misaligned bolt hole. That's easily rectified by two bolts and a small L-shaped adapter plate, as both holes are properly threaded in the block and the F40. Pretty much everything else will be of my own fabrication. What engine are you planning on bolting a possible F40 to? Anything with a GM 60-degree V-6 bolt pattern pretty much bolts right up.
PFF
System Bot
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my heart set on a 3800 and have for quite some time now. I hope to find a rust free 88 chassis by spring for the swap. I will be buying the engine and mods after a buy a new truck and start building it on the engine stand over the winter. The F-40 from what I have collected is the direction I want to go.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, no wonder we have trouble getting attendance at the event.

17 Fieros for sale on CL right now! http://buffalo.craigslist.o...ery=fiero&srchType=T

A couple low mile GT's too!!

thanx i picked up that 88 today for 300

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rich,

Did you do the cruise today? I didn't go because of the threat of rain. My T-top is really in no shape to brave the rain. I get a flood in the driver side top, and did not want to risk the possibility of downpours.
Sorry to not get back to you sooner, I was out of town all week. I ended up not going. The combined threat of rain, and the fact that I had a ton of stuff to do around the house (prior to going out of town).

Rich
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the 88 Hardpact!

Rich, not a problem! The weather was terrible that day. I bet they got most if not all in without rain, but it sure was dark and threatening out there.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congrats on the 88 Hardpact!

Rich, not a problem! The weather was terrible that day. I bet they got most if not all in without rain, but it sure was dark and threatening out there.

Yeah,
We drove by and it was definitel hoppin! My other brother was there with his 66 Fairlane.

Rich
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the hamburg home depot sure seems to kick up some odd fieros. Here's one from today...Didnt look too bad. A bit unfinished on the trunk side. There was no grill or anything covering the 4banger hiding in there.

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...

What is going on in Hamburg these days?
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Us Southtowners love our Fieros.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kit is that? I kind of like that front bumper.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock