Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14681 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

Spring really is coming.

Don't get too excited, haha. This is Buffalo, after all.
IP: Logged
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, must be warm by that pipe that those daffodils are up that high!

Most everything else still has a blanket of snow over it!
FirstDrCar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She looks nice and clean. Is it black?

Yes she is black. As of right now I think it is the original paint. The driver side headlight isnt working. I may buy a motor rebuild kit. The interior is pretty clean. The exterior paint is a little faded. It is in the parking lot of my mechanic in the city of tonawanda right now. I can not wait until it is road ready!
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I saw the first Fiero of the season today!

Coming out of Sams Club on union, a woman in an 88 GT (red) was pulling in.
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

Wow, I saw the first Fiero of the season today!

Coming out of Sams Club on union, a woman in an 88 GT (red) was pulling in.

Spring is finally here.

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was inspired, so I put mine back together and took it for a spin today. It still needs work, as I do not have good compression in cylinder #4, but it was nice to get out for a bit of a drive anyway.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reading your post I too wanted to get out so I took her blanket off, unconnected her life support and went for a drive.

She looks like a purple crocus popping out of the snow.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good there Larry!

I ended up doing about 70 miles today. It was a good day for it. Nice and sunny, but not so warm that enough snow melted to create lots of puddles.

Overall I thought it was running a little coarse, but that could be my unhealthy cylinder too.
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Larry, your Fiero looks soooo nice! Mine is still waiting to be looked at by my mechanic . He said he will most likely do it next week, though.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are braver than me .... Not quite ready to bring her fully out of Hibernation... yet

Rich

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 03-07-2010).]

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on Rich. Look at that blue sky. You know you want to.
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else get their Fiero out yet? It's been really nice this week, and the rain over the weekend took care of the salt and muck on the roads.

I was out again last night. It was the final cruise before the engine tear down so it might be a while before I am back behind the wheel.
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At this point I've pretty much given up on ever having a functional Fiero out of this one.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

At this point I've pretty much given up on ever having a functional Fiero out of this one.

What's going on with your Fiero?
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's going on with your Fiero?

Besides the fact that the entire thing is disassembled and spread throughout my entire garage and basement for a 3-year Northstar swap? Nothing. Ideally, I just need to reassemble the entire thing, as I've pretty mcuh collected all of the parts I need, but setback after setback is just leaving me unenthusiastic. I'll get it back together soon...within the next 6 weeks I hope. My main problem is time.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Besides the fact that the entire thing is disassembled and spread throughout my entire garage and basement for a 3-year Northstar swap? Nothing. Ideally, I just need to reassemble the entire thing, as I've pretty mcuh collected all of the parts I need, but setback after setback is just leaving me unenthusiastic. I'll get it back together soon...within the next 6 weeks I hope. My main problem is time.

Yes, I could see where that would be a problem and a bummer!

Well, good luck! With this nicer weather, maybe you will find motivation. I have been a little down with my Fiero too with it’s engine issues this spring so I understand. Although, mine is not in the state of disassembly as yours is!
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Come on Rich. Look at that blue sky. You know you want to.

Well I finally got the GT out for the first drive (or couple of drives) of the season today!!

Felt really great to get behind the wheel, kinda helped take the sting out of putting the snowmobiles away for the summer

Rich
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maroon Formula on 90W about 100 yards from the Lackawanna toll barrier at 1:48PM. Who was it?
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I could see where that would be a problem and a bummer!

Well, good luck! With this nicer weather, maybe you will find motivation. I have been a little down with my Fiero too with it’s engine issues this spring so I understand. Although, mine is not in the state of disassembly as yours is!

Dude, I saw your craigslist ad.... that's a tough one to pass up, especially since I always planned on my next Fiero aquisition being a Formula....

Rich
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

Dude, I saw your craigslist ad.... that's a tough one to pass up, especially since I always planned on my next Fiero aquisition being a Formula....

Rich

Thanks. It's a difficult one to give up too.

That said, I am not 100% set on selling it yet either. Put the ad up to see if there was any interesting. I am also not finding any Fieros for sale that really piqued my interest to replace it with either. I am also still getting some estimates on having the engine replaced.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. It's a difficult one to give up too.

That said, I am not 100% set on selling it yet either. Put the ad up to see if there was any interesting. I am also not finding any Fieros for sale that really piqued my interest to replace it with either. I am also still getting some estimates on having the engine replaced.

I hear ya ..... I'm still checking all the couch cushions for loose change to see how much cash I can scare up

Rich
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spotted what looks like an 88 T-top Fiero at a repair garage on Delaware at the I-290 interchange.

Anyone's here?

PS: As an update on my situation. So far I have not touched my Formula. I have gone and bought another. An 88 Formula t-top (not the one at the shop I posted above). Other than the t-tops it is essentially the same car as the Formula I already had. For now, I am up to two. I may strip my old one for what is good to add to the new one or store as spare parts, or I may hold onto it intact for future repair or parting, or could still end up selling it intact too. Really not sure, and I have no pressure to really decide.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 05-12-2010).]

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spotted what looks like an 88 T-top Fiero at a repair garage on Delaware at the I-290 interchange.

Anyone's here?

PS: As an update on my situation. So far I have not touched my Formula. I have gone and bought another. An 88 Formula t-top (not the one at the shop I posted above). Other than the t-tops it is essentially the same car as the Formula I already had. For now, I am up to two. I may strip my old one for what is good to add to the new one or store as spare parts, or I may hold onto it intact for future repair or parting, or could still end up selling it intact too. Really not sure, and I have no pressure to really decide.

is this the one that was just on craigslist?

Rich
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it is the one that is/was on CL. I'll try to get some better pics of it soon. The weather has not been cooperating too well, and I first need to concentrate on getting it ready for inspection before I polish it up too. I think it is ok to pass, but I am going to pull a couple wheels and give the suspension a close look to try and avoid any surprises.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 05-13-2010).]

FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone else get their Fiero out yet? It's been really nice this week, and the rain over the weekend took care of the salt and muck on the roads.

I was out again last night. It was the final cruise before the engine tear down so it might be a while before I am back behind the wheel.

I am driving my 84 SE daily I love it!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, it is the one that is/was on CL. I'll try to get some better pics of it soon. The weather has not been cooperating too well, and I first need to concentrate on getting it ready for inspection before I polish it up too. I think it is ok to pass, but I am going to pull a couple wheels and give the suspension a close look to try and avoid any surprises.

When I first saw this on CL I was going to send you the link but figured you probably saw it. And I was right. It's a nice looking car John. I thought the price was very good too. Nice buy.
Larry
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larryh86GT

1757 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by FirstDrCar:

I'll keep an eye out for you. You go to UB?

Larry
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I first saw this on CL I was going to send you the link but figured you probably saw it. And I was right. It's a nice looking car John. I thought the price was very good too. Nice buy.
Larry

You knew I'd be looking and am pleased with it and the price.

What the CL pics didn't show is a pair of rough seats. Both are shot with tears. Certainly not a major issue, but something I want to take care of soon. Also, the t-tops/doors leak a little. Not a major issue for me since I will store it in the garage, and can generally avoid driving it in a lot of rain. I also do not think there is a lot I can do about the leaks, due to the scarcity of replacement seals. Still, I thought I would enjoy having them since I like open top motoring, and the rest of the car was in good enough shape I couldn't pass.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000

Originally posted by FirstDrCar:

I am glad you are happy! I'll keep an eye out for you!
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll keep an eye out for you. You go to UB?

Larry

I am glad you are happy! I'll keep an eye out for you!

I graduated from college and am now preparing for med school. I hope to go to UB med by Fall '11. I am always travelling on the 290 E to 90 W mid afternoon and evening everyday to go to work in Orchard Park. If you see my car, please do not shake your head at the exterior lol. It is in need of a paint job, which I am hoping to do over the summer if time permits. So far, she is a good daily driver, though. Does great on gas! I will have to check my MPGs to get an accurate reading.

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spotted a red notchback last nite around 9PM on Sheridan Dr. in Clarence near Spaulding Lake. Someone from here?
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spotted this clean 86SE at Garys Service in the City of Tonawanda this morning.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spotted this clean 86SE at Garys Service in the City of Tonawanda this morning.

Good eye Larry
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh - I know I'm not the only here who eyeballs the repair shops when we go by

Larry (then makes u-turn on Military Rd to go back to the picture)
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen an aero notchie around the city of Tona before, I wonder if this is the same car?

That 88 T-top is still at Delaware and the 290 too. Been there for a couple weeks. No idea why.

PS, got my new one inspected yesterday so now I can drive it. So far, so good! Runs a bit rough if I shut it off, and restart it not too long after when it is still warm. It has basically sat since last year, so I think I just need to drive it, maybe add some injector cleaner to clean to get out any old residual gas.
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anytime you Buffalo guys do a get together, let me know. I lived out in Buffalo on Ramsdell between Elmwood and Delaware about 2 years ago. It would be a good excuse to stop back and see some of my old friends.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

Anytime you Buffalo guys do a get together, let me know. I lived out in Buffalo on Ramsdell between Elmwood and Delaware about 2 years ago. It would be a good excuse to stop back and see some of my old friends.

I'd be up for a little meet if some other folks are. However, we are generally a disorganized bunch.

Name a place and time on a weekend, and I should be able to be there.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would definitely be in as well!

Rich
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. When would be a good time or weekend for everyone? With advance notice, I can make time on any weekend for the next few weeks.

Maybe we can top the attendance of the last big wny meet, where Larry was the only car.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have something going on next saturday, but my Sunday afternoons are almost always free. Other than next saturday, my saturdays are pretty open till the 4th of July weekend.

Rich
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock