Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14681 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
ACSCAR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCAREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any of you guys going to the gm nationals? And I know there is a show next wkend the 17th at port crane which I'm planning on going to with my father inlaw and friends as of now unless he backs out of it due to weather lol but i still may go hehe
ac2
NYFOC
IP: Logged
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fformula88, do you still have the black lace rims you had pictured earlier in this thread and if so, do you have any plans for 'em??
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay,

A couple days over the last couple weeks I've seen a black GT on transit, just north of Clarence Center rd. The last time it was pulling out of a parking lot, onto transit, headed north.

Anyone on here?

Rich
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:

Fformula88, do you still have the black lace rims you had pictured earlier in this thread and if so, do you have any plans for 'em??

No immediate plans, but I'm not really looking to unload them either. I prefer the look of the black, but picked up the gold ones new in their original boxes for less than I could get the black ones refurbished for. I still would like to eventually get the black ones refurbished and installed.

For now, they just serve as full size spares.
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was passed by a red 86+ GT about 930 this morning eastbound on the I290 between the Niagara Falls Blvd and Main St. exits. Then I passed him for a closer look. Had a broken left tail light. No rear wing. Our Fiero's certainly are cool looking cars..
Larry
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must have missed you by about 10 minutes, as I was going east on 290 a little after 930 this morning!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Around 11AM I spotted a nice red 88 Formula at Niawanda park in Tonawanda. It was parked the shade along the river. I stopped to look at it. Beautiful car John.
Larry
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that was me! I stopped over there to do some skating. I generally am there a few times a week as part of my exercise routine all summer.

If I knew people were going to go up to it and look at it, I would have had it cleaned... inside and out! I's amazingly presentable considering I have not washed in about a week!

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I saw you on the 90 eastbound the other day right by the william street exit a little before 6PM.I pulled along side of you and gave a thumbs up.

Unfortunately I was in the Nissan Sentra rental I currently have for work, and not in my GT.

Rich

Originally posted by Fformula88:

Yeah, that was me! I stopped over there to do some skating. I generally am there a few times a week as part of my exercise routine all summer.

If I knew people were going to go up to it and look at it, I would have had it cleaned... inside and out! I's amazingly presentable considering I have not washed in about a week!

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

Hey, I saw you on the 90 eastbound the other day right by the william street exit a little before 6PM.I pulled along side of you and gave a thumbs up.

Unfortunately I was in the Nissan Sentra rental I currently have for work, and not in my GT.

Rich

I noticed, and thanks for the thumbs up! I was on my way home from work!

I figured you must have been a Fiero enthusiast, having moved over a lane and slowed down to give me the thumbs up, then get back over and continue your progress!

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey I'm ALWAYS on the lookout!!

Rich
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

I spotted this 86SE in the parking lot of Premier Wine on Transit in Amherst while on my way to work Thursday morning. I stopped and talked to the owner, a young fellow who works at Premier. Told him about PFF.

I am fairly certain I saw this Fiero today, in the City of Tonawanda at a tire shop. I noticed the winky headlight and thought I had seen it before, but I think it was probably from this thread!
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000

Originally posted by Richjk21:

Hey I'm ALWAYS on the lookout!!

Rich

Yeah, so am I, and I usually try to chase them down and get a close look too if they are out and about!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you seen this 86GT on Craigslist? 26,000 miles on it. I was sorely tempted but resisted. It looks real nice.
Larry
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/1256429598.html

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 07-08-2009).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you seen this 86GT on Craigslist? 26,000 miles on it. I was sorely tempted but resisted. It looks real nice.
Larry
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/1256429598.html

I did see that and it does look nice. It would be worth a closer look, but I am a bit suspicious too. The car might have been painted, judging from the body colored ground fx. With such low mileage, that makes me suspicious of an accident, since I cannot imagine the paint going bad with such low mileage (although, it could have sat out in the weather, undriven, for 20 years too). It could be the owner wanted the groundfx to match too.

Intriguing, and if in the market worth a look, but a close look.
NYRED85GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was next to a silver notch back with a duke maybe headed North on river road on Tuesday. And Monday ( I think) I saw a white one in the Lowes parking lot. I waved as we passed hehe.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do any of you guys know when the POCI show is this year at Jim Murphy's?
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll give the salesman who sold me my DD there a call and see if he knows.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 1030 this morning I was on Union in W Seneca gettiing on RT 400 and I caught a quick glimpse of a real good looking black notchie getting off the 400 onto Union.
Fiero85Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero85GuySend a Private Message to Fiero85GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey i see many of these cars near me! In West seneca anyone want to meet?!? Been trying to find, stop and meet people for a while!

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero85Guy:

Hey i see many of these cars near me! In West seneca anyone want to meet?!? Been trying to find, stop and meet people for a while!

We've tried a meet in the past, but without having too many local owners, and differing schedules it seems difficult to decide on a time/place. I guess it depends when/where you might be thinking about...
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was last years get together.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071031.html
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John, Today I talked to my salesman at Jim Murphy and he checked and was told they are not doing it anymore.
Larry

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, that's interesting. Do you know if he meant Jim Murphy's not sponsoring it anymore, or that the WNY chapter of POCI isn't holding one at all.

Disappointing if they don't hold one at all. There was always a decent Fiero turnout at that event. It has even attracted some Canadian Fieros in the past.
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, that's interesting. Do you know if he meant Jim Murphy's not sponsoring it anymore, or that the WNY chapter of POCI isn't holding one at all.

Disappointing if they don't hold one at all. There was always a decent Fiero turnout at that event. It has even attracted some Canadian Fieros in the past.

From what I hear Jim Murphy did want to do the work involved with it. WNY POCI is going to do some kind of summer get together, but I'm not sure what it exactly is yet.

FieroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMattClick Here to visit FieroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroMattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fformula 88....I sent you a PM.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More sightings: The other day (wed I think) a red GT passed me on the 90, and headed down the 290. I tried catching back up, but traffic was heavy.

Then, another friendly owner without his Fiero pulled up to the light, introduced himself, and said he knew the driver the of the GT too. If memory serves, this was NYRED85GT, good to meet you, if only briefly!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did see that and it does look nice. It would be worth a closer look, but I am a bit suspicious too. The car might have been painted, judging from the body colored ground fx. With such low mileage, that makes me suspicious of an accident, since I cannot imagine the paint going bad with such low mileage (although, it could have sat out in the weather, undriven, for 20 years too). It could be the owner wanted the groundfx to match too.

Intriguing, and if in the market worth a look, but a close look.

I couldn't help myself. It's been relisted at 3200 and I thought just maybe my GT could use a sibling. So I went and looked at it this morning. I now have serious doubts it is a 26,000 mile vehicle. The paint looks too used, (scratches, wear, funny looking lines, fade, etc) for a 26000 mile car with a add on paint job. The engine looks very similar to my 133,000 mile 2.8 engine. The trunk seal is busted up. I pulled the trunk corner carpets up. It is not new metal like I usually see when I pull up the carpet on boneyard fieros (and I mean the metal that isn't rusted out). The metal has been coated over with a black tar like substance. Also rust stains are on the carpet on the right corner side and water is pooling on top of the corner. On the bottom of the engine I see the normal 2.8 oil drip. No a/c or sunroof which can be looked at 2 ways: the sun roof won't leak and the a/c won't leak. If I did not already have my GT I would have bought this one probably. Overall it appears to be in decent shape, just not what I would expect from a low mileage car. But one project car is all I can handle (somedays more than I can handle). This has the gray interior, electric windows, no electric mirrors. The interior is in excellent shape. The chrome and black wheels look pretty from a distance but up close the crome is a paint can spray job. I asked the owner to start the car while I watched for smoke in the exhaust but it started and died, started and died, than would not start at all. I thanked him for showing me the car and left.
Larry
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im new to my 1985 fiero se just bought it 3 weeks ago, it had one owner i have known him my whole life and its in great condition. im 18 years old and i have been in love with exact car sense i was little i offered him 1800 for it. it has 103,000 miles on it but that doesnt matter to me at all because of how well he took care of it,after i offered him 1800 for it. it went down to 1200,1000,800, then i said i got 500 cash now and he was like ok and the best part is that 2 other people offered him money higher then i got it for (he was never selling it in the beginning till i Asked Him) i live in Avon,Ny South Of Rochester and im Hopeing to get in some clubs and geting some help for others to make my car the best it can be. im really looking for little things like a stock radio some rims, tips anything, im hoping to hook up with some guys and go to car shows and stuff, so anybody in the area idc how far you are really but rochester is only like 17 mins from me and buffalo is 1 hour from me, well pm or just right on the forum if you have any tips of tricks, because i got a few problems up my shelve

------------------
Dflint24...85 SE

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody around here sell me a Getrag, shifter and cables!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dflint:

im new to my 1985 fiero se just bought it 3 weeks ago, it had one owner i have known him my whole life and its in great condition. im 18 years old and i have been in love with exact car sense i was little i offered him 1800 for it. it has 103,000 miles on it but that doesnt matter to me at all because of how well he took care of it,after i offered him 1800 for it. it went down to 1200,1000,800, then i said i got 500 cash now and he was like ok and the best part is that 2 other people offered him money higher then i got it for (he was never selling it in the beginning till i Asked Him) i live in Avon,Ny South Of Rochester and im Hopeing to get in some clubs and geting some help for others to make my car the best it can be. im really looking for little things like a stock radio some rims, tips anything, im hoping to hook up with some guys and go to car shows and stuff, so anybody in the area idc how far you are really but rochester is only like 17 mins from me and buffalo is 1 hour from me, well pm or just right on the forum if you have any tips of tricks, because i got a few problems up my shelve

Sounds like you got a good deal on your fiero. Theres 5 or 6 of us in the Buffalo area but we don't do much socially together. If you feel like taking a ride to Tonawanda some weekend and introducing our fieros to each other send me a PM and I'll give you my address. There is another group recently formed that seems more like a club down in the Painted Post/Binghamton area that is gathering for shows etc. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077479.html
Larry

------------------

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-- Dave Barry

PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like you got a good deal on your fiero. Theres 5 or 6 of us in the Buffalo area but we don't do much socially together. If you feel like taking a ride to Tonawanda some weekend and introducing our fieros to each other send me a PM and I'll give you my address. There is another group recently formed that seems more like a club down in the Painted Post/Binghamton area that is gathering for shows etc. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077479.html
Larry

I'd be up for another go at a get together too, with a few owners. On Saturday, I saw a gathering of Hudson Hornet owners along Tonawanda Creek, and I was astounded that they can find 5 owners to get together, and we cannot get two in one spot at the same time!

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Somebody around here sell me a Getrag, shifter and cables!

I don't have a tranny, but have to ask... Do you have the Gold GT right on route 5? I saw a Gold GT last weekend while cruising the lakefront!
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000

Wish I could help with parts, but I do not really have anything your looking for. I had a sort of stock radios, but both had problems. I know I tossed one of them, since it wasn't an original Fiero radio anyway (it was out of another GM, wasn't a red display). No extra rims either.

Keep an eye on craigslist for Fiero auto parts. Both Buffalo and Rochester. Every now and then a good buy appears.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd be up for another go at a get together too, with a few owners. On Saturday, I saw a gathering of Hudson Hornet owners along Tonawanda Creek, and I was astounded that they can find 5 owners to get together, and we cannot get two in one spot at the same time!

I'd be up for a get together as well... I wasn't in the area when the last one was attempted, and fell through.

Rich

Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah that would be cool but right now mines not on the road cause im doing some minor things like changing the manifold gasket and trying to figure out why my parking brake are not working but i got some good ideas bout that, and im putting a new belt on it cause its slippin i can hear it ands it annoying ha, but check out my car on photobucket...http://photobucket.com/Dflint24

------------------
Dflint24...85 SE

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yeah that would be cool but right now mines not on the road cause im doing some minor things like changing the manifold gasket and trying to figure out why my parking brake are not working but i got some good ideas bout that, and im putting a new belt on it cause its slippin i can hear it ands it annoying ha, but check out my car on photobucket...http://photobucket.com/Dflint24

Ugh, the parking Brake. I have replaced the rear calipers and pads, and all cables on an 85 SE and STILL have not had much luck getting that thing to hold! Good luck with it, the parking brake on these cars is a real pain!

PS, I cannot see our album on photobucket as it is set to private. You can post a couple pics right here, just right click on the img code, hit copy, and paste it in your PFF post and it will show the image right here.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 09-21-2009).]

Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there now look i turned off the private

------------------
Dflint24...85 SE

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

there now look i turned off the private

Thanks! I'll check them as soon as I get home later! (Photobucket is blocked here!)
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't have a tranny, but have to ask... Do you have the Gold GT right on route 5? I saw a Gold GT last weekend while cruising the lakefront!

No, but some dude does. He's got like 3 of them, right across from Camp Rd. and the funeral home there. I'm a little further down off of 5, and mine's stripped down to the space frame in my garage, haha.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock