Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14681 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Local guy on a WNY auto board I am on blew his duke up and is swapping it was a F23 from an Accord with an H22 head. Making it a G23 into a Fiero. Not sure if you have to sign up to watch the build thread or not. NYSpeed Honda powered Fiero

I'm Darksyde over there as well. Some of those guys can be brutal over there as well. Theres some money in the pockets of some members and some have ungodly amounts of skill. Out of that bunch there are also some who don't know how to just respect some good work. They think oh its not a BMW,Merc,Audi,Porsche who cares. Should be a good watch though,
IP: Logged
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting project going on there.

So far, they are not beating him up too much. We shall see where it goes.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if you noticed but he is on here now. Honda Powered Fiero
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's a rather interesting endeavor, I hope it gets completed. -Jason
OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know of a yellow Fiero in the Binghamton area? I have only caught glimpses but the thing goes like a bat out of hell. I've been trying to meet the guy but I haven't caught him in a parking lot yet lol. I'm not sure if it is a fastback or notchie since I always see it at a distance at night but I can almost guarantee he has some kind of crazy swap.

-Josh
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw an 86 or 87 black GT driving opposite direction of me on Southwestern over the weekend. It was raining so it was hard to tell the overall condition, but it looked solid. I am sure he saw me too (I was in my white 85 SE).

In other news, I have pulled the trigger on a full paint job on my 85 SE. After playing a little bumper cars on the highway, and as I posted a month or so back, I was looking into it. Found a local guy giving me a great price. Now, it is not a full panel off job or anything like that, but that is ok with me. I still consider the car a driver and didn't want to shell out huge sums to have that kind of work done. I was able to check out three ongoing projects at his shop too, and his man does a good job and takes pride in his work. So I have high hopes for a decent looking job.

It will still be white, but will be losing the pin striping down the side for the time being. It has to come off for the paint job, and I am going to leave it off for a while. Will decide in the spring if I want it back. (I do like it, as it a bit of a unique look).

PS, a cruise north of the border would be fun, but I probably wouldn't be available until next year.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..and here's the last one of the season if the wx cooperates...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092950.html
mderue

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mderueSend a Private Message to mderueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If things work out I am thinking of doing the above cruise the the Toronto club. Anyone else in Western NY thinking about going? we can connect state side and head up to their meeting point.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 SE 2m6 is back from paint. MOre pics here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093047.html

The only pic so far (Just an iphone pic). Looks terrific! Once I get a decent sunny moment, I will haul out my DSLR and get some better pictures. (BTW, that black spot on the hood is really just dust or something on my lense, and not an actual mark on the hood)

They did all the black trim and such, and some white. I still have things to do. I need to order up some new sail panel inserts from fierosails.com. I am getting a brand new NOS in the box nose emblem from 2.5 here on the forum. I also have a pair of very good condition notchie tail lights now, which I will be putting on the car. (one of them on the car is badly yellowed/clouded and has a couple minor cracks).

Then it is on to the interior. If anyone has a driver door panel available, in light grey, for a power window car, hit me up! The interior is not too bad overall, but could use a little sprucing.

I still intend it to be more of a driver than a show car. It does have 100K miles on it. However, it sure will be nice having shiny paint again, and it will make it fun to go to the occasional cruise in.

Not sure if I will take it to Watkins Glen in the spring yet. I may want to try out my Charger on the track this year.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 11-08-2013).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone had their Fiero out yet? Doing anything to it this spring?

So far I have only seen two out on the roads. A silver notchback a few weeks ago, and a black GT the other day. I have had my 85 SE out some. Finally got most of the trim detail work done, new badging, quarter window inserts, etc, to set off the paint work from the fall.
PFF
System Bot
Fier-oh41229

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When i got to work today one of my coworkers said he just saw someone getting dropped off in a fiero just like mine. It was at niagara frontier country club. He said it was a red fiero that looked just like mine (88 formula), He said the exhaust sounded "mean". Anyone from the forum?
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just kind of scrolled through and went through all 14 pages

Great photo's guy's. If I ever go to New York (hopefully soon) I'd love to meet up with everyone and chat. Here in my town, people think I own some weird kit car, I need some intelligent Fiero folks.

------------------
Take a corner at 130, and you'll understand the term "dirty."

Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol !! Need to get together here soon !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fier-oh41229

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was coming back from the Volkswagen dealer on transit road and I saw a yellow 88gt. Looked mostly stock. Anyone on pff?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you guys have a web site? This sold one seems down.
NY - New York Fiero Ownsers Club N.Y.F.O.C.: http://www.nyfoc.com/

I was going to remove it from this thread but there is no replacement to add? You can post a reply in the thread too.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/094690.html#p0

Red88fm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88fmSend a Private Message to Red88fmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone still check this page out other than me?
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there. I actually just found it ! LOL ! Anybody around the Depew,Lancaster area ? If so shoot me a PM. I'd love to meet up with some other Fiero guys in my neighborhood.
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who has their yellow 2m4 crushed by a tree in buffalo about a month ago? I saw it on the news and forgot to post about it.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are any of these people and their cars still around?
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The topic get's bumped a couple times per year but it isn't as active as it once was that's for sure!
PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I and my car am still around

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Are any of these people and their cars still around?

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

I and my car am still around

There was a dark red metallic '86 or '87 GT on Shimmerville years ago. Is that yours?
85_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been out of the Fiero world for a few years, after I bought a house. I'm still here, it's good to see this site is still alive.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nope, this is me.... but I have seen that car....

There was a dark red metallic '86 or '87 GT on Shimmerville years ago. Is that yours?

CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all. Now I have 3 Fieros and only really room for 2 LOL they are a bit like rabbits

Anyone have a decent paint shop recommendation in the WNY area? I stopped at one place, and he loved checking out the new GT, but I about fell over when he said he could make it look like new for 8500! Holy cow, I want it to look nice while I drive, not trailer it to car shows!

The good news is she passed inspection and is legally on the road, with only minimum work done since I brought her home Saturday! Already replaced the door strikes which stopped the rattles, got the brakes "good enough" and have put a few miles on her to shake the cobwebs out and figure out what my next move is. (And see what other issues surface.) Soooo much fun to drive and to hear, after driving my 2 iron dukes around for the past couple of years.

Been on here for a bit now, and just noticed this thread. Be nice to get together with some of ya on a drive some time or to wrench on the cars.

- Mike
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Almost done with mine. Really, really hoping to be able to take it to Watkins Glen on the Sunday of Open House Weekend. Definitely can't do Saturday as I'm working all day, but I could plan on Sunday.

I'm far enough along with it to have a fully completed audio system, complete with digital coaxial source into a Fiio DAC plugged directly into the NVX 5-channel amplifier set up for 2-channel active mode. It runs the two 4" CDT woofers and two 1" Aura tweeters that I have wedged into the stock 4x10 location as well as that beefy 8" ProTech subwoofer. Very compact, completely invisible and sounds amazing. Hopefully gets loud enough to get over the motor?

CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Almost done with mine. Really, really hoping to be able to take it to Watkins Glen on the Sunday of Open House Weekend. Definitely can't do Saturday as I'm working all day, but I could plan on Sunday.

Are you talking about this event?

Opening Weekend presented by Kwik Fill

April 16 - 17, 2016

Experience the twists and turns of our world-renowned road course from the driver's seat of your personal vehicle. Take your car on the track for three paced laps behind an official WGI vehicle for $25 per vehicle, per three laps. Proceeds benefit several local charities.

Sounds fun but I wonder what pace car lap speed is? LOL

Your stereo looks like it's gonna sound loud enough for the bass to bounce your front tires off the ground!

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CavScout:

Are you talking about this event?

...and the same.

Originally posted by CavScout:

Your stereo looks like it's gonna sound loud enough for the bass to bounce your front tires off the ground!

It's actually not as loud as it is accurate. It just sounds good. The sub is in a tiny enclosure. Like .35ft^3 tiny. Packed with PolyFill, it can get just loud enough to fill in for the 4" mid drivers.

Here are the speaker 'modules' themselves':

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 03-10-2016).]

CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

It's actually not as loud as it is accurate. It just sounds good. The sub is in a tiny enclosure. Like .35in^3 tiny. Packed with PolyFill, it can get just loud enough to fill in for the 4" mid drivers.

Too hard to properly crop a quote on my phone grrr

I had to Google Watkins Glen haha I've heard of it but have never been there. Surprised it was only 2 and a half hours away. And they're hosting a beer event in October hmmm....

Glad to hear you're going for accurate sound, and not just booming. Upgrading my stereo is on the to-do list, but towards the bottom of it. Thankfully at least I can hear the radio now if I want to, but truthfully I've been enjoying the sound of the V6 after owning the 4 cylinders.

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all. I just read all 14 pages. I can't believe there are that many Fieros in WNY. I've been asked many times if I belong to the local Fiero club. I assume this is the group ? Neither of my Fieros are road worthy yet, but I'd love to meet up with you guys. Let me know when there's a get together. Ok, up to the top we go.
PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Group is probably a little strong.... More of a loose association LOL

We have not had a get together locally in a few years (I think Since Larry Sold his GT) But I am always up for one.

I also am at Pautler's Drive in, in Clarence most Tuesday nights between Memorial day and Labor Day for their cruise night..... On occasion I see a rare other fiero than my own there.

Rich

Originally posted by Adjustso3:

Hey all. I just read all 14 pages. I can't believe there are that many Fieros in WNY. I've been asked many times if I belong to the local Fiero club. I assume this is the group ? Neither of my Fieros are road worthy yet, but I'd love to meet up with you guys. Let me know when there's a get together. Ok, up to the top we go.

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Richjk21

2228 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Where in Depew are you?? That's where I grew up
Rich

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where in Depew are you?? That's where I grew up
Rich

I lived in the Walden/Burlington area and I go to Pautler's once or twice a year but not with a Fiero.
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to live by the old Arcada graphics right off of George Urban where that pic was taken of the gold and white Fiero in a driveway near the beginning of this thread. Now I live close to Zorbas near Transit road.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhhhhhhhh...........

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrbaaaaaas!!!!!!

I could go for a couple of dogs "up" with Franks Hot sauce and a 1/2 order of fries right now!

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 03-13-2016).]

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll have to meet up there some day for a dose of heartburn LOL .
CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahhhhhhhhhh...........

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrbaaaaaas!!!!!!

Haven't been there since I used to do service work. Awesome dogs! Let me know when the great Fiero gathering is I'm in lol
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I used to live by the old Arcada graphics right off of George Urban where that pic was taken of the gold and white Fiero in a driveway near the beginning of this thread. Now I live close to Zorbas near Transit road.

Gotcha... I grew up on Caroline, between Barnabas and North creek so literally a stones throw.... I had a brother who retired from Clements/Arcata/Quebecor, etc.

And you still can't beat a Zorba's dog for my money.....
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And you still can't beat a Zorba's dog for my money.....

Or their breakfasts
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock