Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords reportedly shot in Tuscon (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords reportedly shot in Tuscon by DRA
Started on: 01-08-2011 01:54 PM
Replies: 401
Last post by: cliffw on 05-07-2011 10:08 AM
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
Up to 12 people shot or injured, details still sketchy.

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
News reports are starting to show up. I saw one article linked from Fark.
It appears a guy ran up during the public event and just started indiscriminately shooting. Hard to tell if it was a targeted assassination attempt or not.
A bystander tackled the shooter as he tried to run away and the shooter was taken into custody.

I hope everyone is ok. No word on Giffords' condition or anyone else who was shot.
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Report (as of now)
http://abcnews.go.com/Polit...nt/story?id=12571452

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among as many as 12 people wounded in a shooting at a Tucson, Ariz., grocery store where she was holding a campaign event.

House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio reenacts the swearing in of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2011, on Capitol Hill in Washington.
ABC affiliate KGUN-TV in Tucson reported that as many as 12 people had been shot, including Giffords. A law enforcement source told KGUN that the shooter was in custody.

Giffords, a Democrat, was scheduled to hold a "Congress on Your Corner" event today at a supermarket in northwest Tucson.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-08-2011).]

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
MSNBC is saying that they suspect it was a republican fanatic that carried out the shooting, presumably because of the heated border issue. I haven't found any other news sites carrying this info. Very disgusting if this is the case.
Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletDirect Link to This Post
Horrible, simply horrible!!!.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

MSNBC is saying that they suspect it was a republican fanatic that carried out the shooting,

I hope you're joking, but if that is true-the O/T section is destroyed, hehe.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

MSNBC is saying that they suspect it was a republican fanatic that carried out the shooting, presumably because of the heated border issue. I haven't found any other news sites carrying this info. Very disgusting if this is the case.

It's disturbing no matter what the shooter's motivations were. I hope he's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by madcurl:

"hehe" ?

You find humor in this? You are a depraved individual.
DRA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

What is that supposed to mean?
Maybe I'm a little slow but your intent or meaning escapes me.

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRA:

What is that supposed to mean?
Maybe I'm a little slow but your intent or meaning escapes me.

That this forum is mainly, "right wing" and if the shooter is from the right-this section in O/T is doomed, hehe.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
One local station is reporting that six have died: http://www.kvoa.com/news/6-...s-condition-unknown/

Some sources are saying that the congresswoman is among the deceased.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-08-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

"hehe" ?

You find humor in this? You are a depraved individual.

Let's not act stupidly. The joke was related to the O/T section, not towards the person who was shot.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

That this forum is mainly, "right wing" and if the shooter is from the right-this section in O/T is doomed, hehe.

Why is that? No "right wing" person I know would condone this kind of action, unlike depraved individuals who look for any reason to make a political insult, even an attempted murder. If it turns out it was a "left winger" who did it, I'm sure you'll be one of the first to circle the wagons and defend their actions.

If you think the shooting was funny, you'll probably laugh your state-owned butt off if one of them dies. I can imagine you wishing for it, just so you can make a smarmy remark about it on here.

You need help.

Originally posted by williegoat:

One local station is reporting that six have died: http://www.kvoa.com/news/6-...s-condition-unknown/

Some sources are saying that the congresswoman is among the deceased.

Congrats madcurl, it looks like you got your wish. You can start posting all your laughing smilies now.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 01-08-2011).]

DRA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

I highly doubt the shooter is representative of any particular group, it takes a very commited, as in crazy, person to commit an act such as this.

Do you actually think before you post your rhetoric or are you just on autopilot?

[This message has been edited by DRA (edited 01-08-2011).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Formula and DRA, I really think you took what Mad Curl said the wrong way. He wasn't laughing at the shooting.

Brad
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

This would no doubt be a black eye to the right. The thing is, NBC are the only station that has made any comments regarding the shooters motivation. This could be like Mayor Bloomburg's unmerited claim that the truck bomber was a disgruntled Tea Party supporter upset about Obama care. When details came out about the bomber (a middle eastern muslim man) the mayor's statement could not have been any further from the truth.

Anywhoo, taking a break from pointing fingers - this is truly tragic.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
To the extent I can, I appeal to all of you not to try to spin this event into something political. It is a tragedy for us all.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

its disgusting that MSNBC would (ab)use a tragedy and use it to make a political accusation like that.

And yes, its always sad to see innocent people harmed due to unbalanced individuals.

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 01-08-2011).]

DRA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Formula and DRA, I really think you took what Mad Curl said the wrong way. He wasn't laughing at the shooting.

Brad

Thank you for clarifying that Mr Robert Gibbs! LOL

No, it's just one of his jabs at conservatives in general, I guess any opportunity is fair game.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Congrats madcurl, it looks like you got your wish. You can start posting all your laughing smilies now.

Dude, you need to relax and have a Samual Adams or something. My response was after this comment;

MSNBC is saying that they suspect it was a republican fanatic that carried out the shooting,

Attacking me makes (you) look moronically stupid. However, this is typical behavior in O/T, hehe.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
I am listening to live, ongoing coverage on local radio.
Federal law enforcement told news sources that she had passed, but the hospital reports four fatalities not including the congresswoman. The hospital reports that she is in surgery and in critical condition.
I wish news sources would not report as fact, that which is not.

PFF
System Bot
DRA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

Amen!

My heart goes out to those effected by this senseless tragedy.
Not really a good time to bring up politics.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Looking at the story on "The Blaze", this is truly tragic.

The comments are almost all "condolence" posts, except for one person posting that Glenn Beck and the Right caused this. One guy trying to start a riot.

Brad

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Madcurl get with the times. The OT section is mainly Tea Partiers now.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRA:

No, it's just one of his jabs at conservatives in general, I guess any opportunity is fair game.

Dude, some of you guys will beat the political drum till there's no skin left. Instead of looking at the big picture you'd rather nit-pick which quote you rather attack, while others are allowed to slip by. Therefore I shall mock you with a quote.

Originally posted by yellowstone:

The Republicans are really hard at work tackling the countries' most pressing problems... I'm impressed.

I'm sure by attacking me (which I actually wasn't the originator of the point being made) demonstrates your inability to remain focused on the most "pressing problems.".

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I am listening to live, ongoing coverage on local radio.
Federal law enforcement told news sources that she had passed, but the hospital reports four fatalities not including the congresswoman. The hospital reports that she is in surgery and in critical condition.

Keep us updated, I can't stream right now with my current connection.

Brad
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Reports are coming in that one of the killed was a small child. Whoever the shooter was (reports indicate a white male in their early twenties), they had some major issues.

MSNBC seems to be really farking up their coverage on this incident. About fifteen minutes they had "confirmation" that Giffords had died of her wounds, and now they have just retracted that story and said that she is still alive and in critical condition. Idiots.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 01-08-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Madcurl get with the times. The OT section is mainly Tea Partiers now.

I know. They "run" the O/T section with stupidly that has never been witnessed before, hehe.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post

Giffords was born in Tucson, Arizona.

Giffords married U.S. Navy Captain and astronaut Mark E. Kelly on November 10, 2007. He was the space shuttle's pilot on STS-108 and STS-121. STS-121 in 2006 was the first shuttle mission to launch on the Fourth of July. Giffords participated in a NASA tradition when she selected "Beautiful Day" by U2 as one of the wake-up calls for the STS-121 shuttle crew. On May 31, 2008, Kelly launched into orbit for the third time as Commander of STS-124. This mission in to space marked the first time an astronaut was married to a sitting member of the U.S. Congress.

Giffords' parents are Spencer J. Giffords and Gloria Kay Fraser Giffords. Giffords is Arizona's first Jewish Congresswoman. She is a member of Congregation Chaverim in Tucson.

After Hurricane Katrina struck in the late summer of 2005, Giffords spent time as a volunteer in Houston, Texas, in relief efforts for Hurricane victims. She wrote about her experience in the Tucson Citizen.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Looking at the story on "The Blaze", this is truly tragic.

The comments are almost all "condolence" posts, except for one person posting that Glenn Beck and the Right caused this. One guy trying to start a riot.

Brad

Was it madcurl? Wouldn't surprise me.

Brad

Ok, so he was ONLY using the shooting as a reason to laugh at others. Is that better?

Of course, it was only a matter of minutes before he needed to illustrate how hilarious this is to him. The shooting and murders just happened to be the fodder he used - this time.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
There is a difference between political affiliation and murderer. Some people with homicidal dispositions do these things just for validation. Doesn't matter their political views, they only parrot the catch phrases of the group that incites the most passion.

This would be a tragedy in any situation.
PFF
System Bot
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
The AZ State Sen just Stated she had heard it was a Afgan War Veteran that shot Rep Giffords.

Let's hope that is false info.
TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPDirect Link to This Post
The left/right battle in this thread doesn't hold a candle to the crap comments on MSNBC.

Is demonizing each other the most popular American passtime now? Sad
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Was it madcurl? Wouldn't surprise me.

Dude, let it go. I've proved on several levels as-too how you view me. First off-you can't read context. Secondly, you can't follow sequences as-too how a posting is placed, and thirdly (the most damaging) is you actually believed that I was purposely making fun at the lost of life-that my friend is very, very dangerous and mob mentality. You'd rather by pass my actual statement and injected your own idea and foolishly ran with it
, but I called you on it.

However, continue trying to make me out as a evil person-you'll be going around and around...

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

they had some major issues.

I think that is a given. Anyone that goes and starts killing people indiscriminately has issues by default.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
Rep. Giffords is out of surgery and responding to commands (according to the hospital)
A nine year old girl has died (according to the hospital)

federal judge John Roll is reported to have died
The gunman is reported to be 22 year old Jared Laughner

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Rep. Giffords is out of surgery and responding to commands
A nine year old girl has died
federal judge John Roll is reported to have died

I think that it's times like this where we learn which news sources can be credible, and which cannot. Thanks again.

Brad
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post

Wow.....

It was a male shooter. The O/T section is doomed! heheheheheheheh

I read a story about a black man robbing someone.... so they must all be bad? BET internet forums are doomed. hehehehehehehehehehehe

WTF Madcurl? WTF?
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Shooter is now being reported as Jared Lee Loughner. Here is his Youtube page. Doesn't look like a left or right wing fanatic, just a certified nutball.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

Judge Roll is now confirmed as among the dead.

One of the videos from the alleged shooters webpage

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 01-08-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Wow.....WTF Madcurl? WTF?

Yeah, I was wonder the same thing, but I swear I had nothing to do with it, hehe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/...l_castration_slaying

Okay, back to the main story.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock