Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
   Fiero's GM nationals at Carlisle PA chat. (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero's GM nationals at Carlisle PA chat. by pontiackid86
Started on: 05-10-2010 11:08 PM
Replies: 420
Last post by: Ridgelandbaseball on 07-06-2010 10:23 PM
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

I received my Carlisle pre-registration paper / sticker in the mail the other day!!!
This should make it MUCH more easier, and less time consuming getting in the gate on the first day! Good idea, Carlisle!!!

I also received this the other day:

As you can see from the looks of my work bench, I have many many projects that are in the works. Hopefully I am able to get the car back together for Carlisle!!!
-Chris

Judging by the looks of your work bench, it looks as though those are all home projects. They can wait. Carlisle is more important. You are hereby ordered to get that trans in the car. (And if you want a hand, give me a yell!)
IP: Logged
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Well so much for my "the car is running without problems" posted earlier. Car was backfiring through the intake, spitting, sputtering, and giving me all hell. Wouldn't accelerate, etc. When I tried replacing the TPS, both screws disintegrated. broke the welded in threaded ring off the manifold for the o2 sensor... just getting everything back together now an replaced gaskets on the Intake, TB, and Exhaust Manifold. Hope this solve the sputter and high idle... It waited till about 1k miles after the swap to start acting up.

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 05-28-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

Well so much for my "the car is running without problems" posted earlier. Car was backfiring through the intake, spitting, sputtering, and giving me all hell. Wouldn't accelerate, etc. When I tried replacing the TPS, both screws disintegrated. broke the welded in threaded ring off the manifold for the o2 sensor... just getting everything back together now an replaced gaskets on the Intake, TB, and Exhaust Manifold. Hope this solve the sputter and high idle... It waited till about 1k miles after the swap to start acting up.

Lol this is why i havent been driving my fiero's lateley. i have to get 2 up to carlisle and that mean double the chance for problem's.. so far my red one sprung a flat tire.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
My registration ticket for the GM/Fieros at Carlisle show arrived this past week. That gives all of us 27 days ( just short of four weeks) to get our cars ready to rock n roll. We need to try for the attendence award again this year.
For those that have never attended the show; if you want to see a huge variety of Fieros, find parts, buy tools, books, accessories and more this is really where its at. Since it is an all GM, it would take the better part of two days to see everything there.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Talonzz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TalonzzSend a Private Message to TalonzzDirect Link to This Post
if I was not stuck out here in AZ I would be going. My Mom lives in Newville and it would be a short drive to the show.

------------------

Lee

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Just got my pre reg letter and sticker in the mail...
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

Just got my pre reg letter and sticker in the mail...

Same here. Let's go to Carlisle!!
pro street dave

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
Got my pre-payed stickers prostreetdave all ready to go.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Is it odd that i havent gotten mine yet
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Is it odd that i havent gotten mine yet

Nither did I PK. I think its a conspiracy
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
I am just wondering why no one from MAFOA has said anything about the Fieros at Carlisle event so far. You would think that they would be promoting it. This is not a knock on anyone as everyone that I've even met from MAFOA has been pretty nice With their major event coming up in 4 1/2 weeks and no word, its puzzling. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I am just wondering why no one from MAFOA has said anything about the Fieros at Carlisle event so far. You would think that they would be promoting it. This is not a knock on anyone as everyone that I've even met from MAFOA has been pretty nice With their major event coming up in 4 1/2 weeks and no word, its puzzling. .

Uhhm.....they have in this thread here. But Robb is not a frequent poster here on PFF, but there are several of us MAFOA guys on here talking about it.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Well, I miraculously got a free day today, so I did my brake job, with new calipers, hoses, and pads on all four corners. What a PITA those rear calipers are. But hey, I'm all ready for Carlisle!
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Never having been there what is the swap meet part like or was that not going on anymore? Just curious.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Uhhm.....they have in this thread here. But Robb is not a frequent poster here on PFF, but there are several of us MAFOA guys on here talking about it.

I see it now. The show info is posted under the "events" section. They didn't indicate how many are pre-registered so far but last year it appeared that they had about 60 Fieros in attendance. Whatever the count its a great show and lets not forget all the Grand Prix, Firebirds, Camaros and Vettes that will be in attendance. Plus its a great place to find parts. tools, books and accessories. This is the show of the year in the mid atlantic region so we're good to go. Doing some last minute tuning and very much looking forward to the drive.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
If we don't want to be judged but are going to show up in a Fiero, is there a way we can still park in the show? It will be a last minute thing whether I know if my car will be registered by then.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Well, I miraculously got a free day today, so I did my brake job, with new calipers, hoses, and pads on all four corners. What a PITA those rear calipers are. But hey, I'm all ready for Carlisle!

Real men can do there calipers without a problem

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

Never having been there what is the swap meet part like or was that not going on anymore? Just curious.

If it's like every other Carlisle show, you will have 1/2 of the fairgrounds for show cars, 1/4 for sale, and 1/4 parts. These numbers are approximate
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Real men can do there calipers without a problem

Oh, I didn't know that. Is that why you take your car to BOH's house every time you need to work on it?
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Oh, I didn't know that. Is that why you take your car to BOH's house every time you need to work on it? [/QUOTE

Lol he works on his own cars thats the problem
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

If you have been to the MAFOA show in Lititz, Pa, Carlisle is NOT like that! For those of us who register to SHOW a Fiero - that is all that you can do - SHOW (and of course buy stuff). If you want to SELL Fiero parts (by setting up tables and having multipe parts, etc) then you have to "register as a seller" through Carlisle. Carlisle is pretty much a business, the owners / operators of the fairgrounds like to make $$$. Just the same as, if you want to sell your Fiero there.... FOR SALE signs are NOT permitted in the showfield. If you bring a car there to sell, you have to park it in the "FOR SALE" section.

For the past few years, the Fiero's have been all parked in the same area, divided by classes. Its a terriffic show for Fiero owners, as many people come from states all over the country!
Very close to the Fiero section of the showfield is the FIERO specific vendors (so you dont have to scour the whole showfield looking for Fiero parts).

Macs86GT - I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions, please ask! Im sure your question can be answered! Personally, I have been to every Fiero show / and GM nationals in Carlisle since 1997.
-Chris
PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Dennis,
Just WHO from MAFOA are you looking to hear from? There's no sence to have a post like this almost asking to start trouble - I think we know who you are looking to hear from.

You know that I am a MAFOA member - ive posted. My wife is a MAFOA member (and is the assistant activities director), she has not posted, but there is nothing more to add.

Also, Im sure that alot of the other people that have posted on here are members of MAFOA also. Im sure as it gets closer to the GM Nats, there will be more people talking about the show, and will have more to say!

See you at the show!
Chris
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Answers it perfectly, thank you. Now if i can get my new suspension shipped and in before carlisle ill be set though thats probably a project for after carlisle.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Oh, I didn't know that. Is that why you take your car to BOH's house every time you need to work on it?

Lol BOH hasent touched my cars in months.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Who is the vendor this year?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
23 more days left... Whow ready? i just need to do headliner's

God knows hulki's drama queen is going to be there.
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

If we don't want to be judged but are going to show up in a Fiero, is there a way we can still park in the show? It will be a last minute thing whether I know if my car will be registered by then.

Bump for my question. Anyone?
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

.. Whow ready? i just need to do headliner's

I've just gotta buy a radiator cap, flush my coolant, have my decklid painted, do my little mod to the tail lights, change the brake pads, finish fiberglassing my center console, upholster my center console, upholster my gauge cluster, order a few things from TFS, and clean the hell out of my engine. Pretty small list

[This message has been edited by grkboy707 (edited 06-02-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

I dont think they offer that at the nationals. They do at the style and preformance but thats ran diffrentley.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

I've just gotta buy a radiator cap, flush my coolant, have my decklid painted, do my little mod to the tail lights, change the brake pads, finish fiberglassing my center console, upholster my center console, upholster my gauge cluster, order a few things from TFS, and clean the hell out of my engine. Pretty small list

Ha! Good luck with all of that grkboy! Mine will probably be in the same condition it was at Freysinger, so I'm sure it will win first place in the "What the Hell" category.
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

You can register "day of" at the show.

If you attend the show and your Fiero takes you there, you should show it! Even if you think its "not good enough"!!! I am sure there will be other Fieros there that are worse than yours! Also, it is good for you (as a Fiero owner) and (as a PFF member) to be there WITH your car so you can show it off in person at one of the biggest Fiero shows in the country!

Im not too familiar with you or your car, but MAFOA has a "daily driver" class that you might find appealing?
Chris
PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Ha! Good luck with all of that grkboy! Mine will probably be in the same condition it was at Freysinger, so I'm sure it will win first place in the "What the Hell" category.

Do you drive yours on a daily basis? I'm going in the daily driver category, as I put 100 miles+ a week on it. I assume all the cars in that category are gonna be in as bad of shape as mine... Which apparently you and PK think is nice? I don't think it's "nice" but it gets the job done
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Hahahahaha taking my title from last year

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Do you drive yours on a daily basis? I'm going in the daily driver category, as I put 100 miles+ a week on it. I assume all the cars in that category are gonna be in as bad of shape as mine... Which apparently you and PK think is nice? I don't think it's "nice" but it gets the job done

Dude you's seen my car before it got painted... yours is very nice for as stock fiero
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

You can register "day of" at the show.

If you attend the show and your Fiero takes you there, you should show it! Even if you think its "not good enough"!!! I am sure there will be other Fieros there that are worse than yours! Also, it is good for you (as a Fiero owner) and (as a PFF member) to be there WITH your car so you can show it off in person at one of the biggest Fiero shows in the country!

Im not too familiar with you or your car, but MAFOA has a "daily driver" class that you might find appealing?
Chris

Thank you Chris! I'm waiting for my classic plate to come and the 4 weeks they quoted me will be right around the time of the show. If there is a "day of" registration, I will do that if I bring the car. It definitely would fall under DD, not too great paint. I was a member of MAFOA a few years ago but let it lapse since the car was in storage. Definitely looking to rejoin soon.
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Thank you Chris! I'm waiting for my classic plate to come and the 4 weeks they quoted me will be right around the time of the show. If there is a "day of" registration, I will do that if I bring the car. It definitely would fall under DD, not too great paint. I was a member of MAFOA a few years ago but let it lapse since the car was in storage. Definitely looking to rejoin soon.

"redneck" - im looking forward to meeting you at Carlisle! Check out my avatar, then look for the only Fiero that has that in the engine bay.

FYI - You can renew your MAFOA membership at their website, any time!

It is too late to "pre-register" by now, so to join the show you will have to register at gate 3 @ Carlisle. It will also cost more - pre-registering saves you a few $$$'s!!! Either way though, It will be good to see you, and another Fiero on the showfield!!!
Chris
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Dennis,
Just WHO from MAFOA are you looking to hear from? There's no sence to have a post like this almost asking to start trouble - I think we know who you are looking to hear from.

You know that I am a MAFOA member - ive posted. My wife is a MAFOA member (and is the assistant activities director), she has not posted, but there is nothing more to add.

Also, Im sure that alot of the other people that have posted on here are members of MAFOA also. Im sure as it gets closer to the GM Nats, there will be more people talking about the show, and will have more to say!

See you at the show!
Chris

Chris, Fieros at Carlisle is now and has always been the primo Fiero event of the year in the East/Mid Atlantic. I don't believe that there is anything wrong promoting the event on this forum so that the news reaches the far ends of Fierodom!!!. The show is an experience that every Fiero owner would enjoy and I was just surprised at the minimal amount of chat going on so close to showtime. I also looked on the Pennocks events calender a while back and didn't see the show listed there so I added it.
I don't believe that anything negative can come from the publicity but if the intention is to keep it secret then I will gladly step back and not talk about it.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

"redneck" - im looking forward to meeting you at Carlisle! Check out my avatar, then look for the only Fiero that has that in the engine bay.

FYI - You can renew your MAFOA membership at their website, any time!

It is too late to "pre-register" by now, so to join the show you will have to register at gate 3 @ Carlisle. It will also cost more - pre-registering saves you a few $$$'s!!! Either way though, It will be good to see you, and another Fiero on the showfield!!!
Chris

Gate 3, gotcha. Thanks again and looking forward to meeting you as well--I'll keep an eye out for the red TPI!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Gate 3, gotcha. Thanks again and looking forward to meeting you as well--I'll keep an eye out for the red TPI!

Dude the line that forms at gate 3 sucks the big one. make sure you get there earley.

ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Ahh, I should have figured that. What's early? What time does the show actually start?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock