Carlisle 2010 by amflyer
Started on: 04-04-2010 09:16 PM
Replies: 16 (799 views)
Last post by: katore8105 on 06-24-2010 07:41 PM
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is again time to be thinking about Carlisle again this year. PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY AS THERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR THIS YEAR! Here we go! MAFOA will fully host this event at Carlisle in June. Doing this you will need to register at the MAFOA site which is www.mafoa.com Registration will open shortly as we prepare the site for registration. Registration will close this year on MAY 21ST at midnight, Please remember this date as it has been set by Carlisle Events to us, again no exceptions can be made on this date. I am happy to anounce that there are 8 classes to chose from this year to register your car. Your class choice may be subject to change per visual inspection of your car when you arrive at the Carlisle site. Mafoa's decision to classify your car will be final and Carlisle Events fully supports our decisions that will be made the day of show. The classes can be viewed at the Carlisle Events web site. I am also happy to announce that MAFOA MEMBERS ONLY will recieve a 7 dollars per car discount for this show. Example is Carlisle Price 30 dollars per car but the menbers price is 23 dollars, If you register 2 cars the price thru Carlisle is 55 dollars but the members price will be 41 dollars. Basically 7 dollars a car for MEMBERS ONLY! Also to get this discount you must register thru our site only www.mafoa.com There will be no exceptions to this so if you are a member and register at the Carlisle web site no discount will be given and none will be returned to you by the club. If you try to register and use the member discount and you are a non member then we will collect the additional amount from you the day of the show. You can join MAFOA at our web site just be sure to do it before you register for the Carlisle show. We had a very large turnout last year so spots on the show field in the Fiero area may be limited. If anyone has any questions on this years policies for the Carlisle show they can PM myself or send an e-mail to the President on the club website. The club will not have any hotels blocked off for this event since in past years no one has taken advantage of this and the club has had to pay penalties for rooms not used. I hope that everyone understands this years changes. We are looking to expand the number of cars to over 100 this year so please register early! We hope to see all of you at this event. Thanks

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant wait
85pontiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85pontiacSend a Private Message to 85pontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to make it again this year, but I'll have to wait and see how things go. My wife is due in three weeks with our first child (a daughter), so I'm not sure yet whether I'll be able to get away from home for the day to make it to any shows this year.

I'll still register just in case, and I'm about 80% sure I'll be there, but not 100%. (Yet)

Hope to see everyone there!

------------------
Adam
1984 Sport Coupe Auto., 130,~~~ miles, bad duke
1985 Sport Coupe 5 Speed, 55,000 original miles
1987 GT Auto., 155,~~~ miles, partial daily driver
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 5" lift, 35" tires, partial daily driver
1989 Yamaha V Max (oh yeah, it's fun!)
1975 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 25,000 original miles
1936 Dodge Two-door Touring Sedan

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would really be nice to get the 2009 information off of the front page. I almost went the whole way through and registered for last year's show.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its up now !!!!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registration is open for Carlisle!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered, thank you Robb.
John Miller

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John MillerSend a Private Message to John MillerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in! Last year I had the big block, this year a 4 X 4. See you at the show.
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pre registration thru the MAFOA iste id closed. Any one still wanting to register can do so at the Carlisle Events site but will not recieve any discount. The price is 30 dollars per car and 40 dollars per car shortly after the 1st of June. All of you that pre registered we thank you very much for your continued support. Have a great time at the show!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Robb, any idea of how many Fieros preregistered? Hopefully, we have the largest club showing there. Man, I can't wait!
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three Fieros registered from my house - and hopefully all will be there!
-Chris
PFF
System Bot
domesticdriver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for domesticdriverClick Here to visit domesticdriver's HomePageSend a Private Message to domesticdriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if someone could send us a post event article of the event from this year to be used in our July/August 2010 issue. We will also need 10-20 3MP+ pictures from the event you can either email them to me 1-3 at a time or upload them to our web site here http://www.domesticdriver.com/upload/

------------------
Domestic Driver Magazine - A bi-monthly E-ZINE featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't yah know... Blown head gasket less than a week away from the event... Not looking good.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

Wouldn't yah know... Blown head gasket less than a week away from the event... Not looking good.

Its always like that. Last minute repairs before a show seem the norm not the exception. Sorry to hear about your situation. You should be able to replace a head gasket in about 6-8 hours. It might be close but doable. I've always said that Carlisle is the "show of shows" for Fiero lovers and its only once a year. I just hope that the attendence is up to par for when it is you can see just about every swap and stock Fiero available.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I normally do all of the work to my fiero myself but since I cannot take off any time from work this week and usually work 10+ hour days, I am just going to pony up the dough and have my old mechanic do it for me. I bought a head a while back off an s-10 and got it Port matched and polished yesterday so I am going to have him toss it on since it seems such a waist if I don't install it while the head is off. Assuming all goes well, I am having him do the head, gasket, chase down the vacuum leak I couldn't find and a few other odds and ends that I have not been able to get to recently. Hopefully it will be all set in time.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Its always like that. Last minute repairs before a show seem the norm not the exception. Sorry to hear about your situation. You should be able to replace a head gasket in about 6-8 hours. It might be close but doable. I've always said that Carlisle is the "show of shows" for Fiero lovers and its only once a year. I just hope that the attendence is up to par for when it is you can see just about every swap and stock Fiero available.

yeah that would be great replace a headgasket then drive 400 miles to a show ....i would be a touch worried !!!! doable not quite in my book!!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Though it is always a good idea to make sure you have a good couple of weeks of non impeded reliable driving, I will still be making it if he has it done by tomorrow night. If not, then It seems unfortunate that it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully some day I will have dumped enough money into the bastard that I can have a bit more fun with it lol.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock