Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
   Fiero's GM nationals at Carlisle PA chat. (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero's GM nationals at Carlisle PA chat. by pontiackid86
Started on: 05-10-2010 11:08 PM
Replies: 420
Last post by: Ridgelandbaseball on 07-06-2010 10:23 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Beat.

You never did answer me though. Tom and I wanna know when we're headed to Carlisle Saturday morning.

I dunno talk to andrew... all i know is im not a good morning pewrson so if you just see me sitting in my car leave it alone
IP: Logged
Jonviviano

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonvivianoSend a Private Message to JonvivianoDirect Link to This Post
anyone going friday??? ( tomorrow)
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonviviano:

I was thinking about it but BOH dosent want to go that earley. Were bringin up a lot of parts.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonviviano:

Many of the out of state crowd arrives tomorrow but are probably lodged all over the area. Most of the better hotels in the area are already sold out.
In years past a whole group of people would meet up at the fairgrounds and we would all go out for a Friday evening dinner, socialize and chat Fieros. I believe that tradition has faded but those huge table events at Hoss and other Carlisle restaurants were great gatherings and left some good memories..

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
I'll be driving up early saturday from the stafford va area ---- anyone else from the area want to meet up. PM me if you like.
Steve
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I'll be driving up early saturday from the stafford va area ---- anyone else from the area want to meet up. PM me if you like.
Steve

Steve, you will be at Carlisle? It would be great to see you again. This time you'll be in my neck of the woods, but I will be in Stafford at my parents' house next weekend.

On a separate note, the new AC DELCO pump is in, we'll how it goes. This pump is much quieter than that one that some Taiwaneese ten year old made that I put in the car last month.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Hulki --- I'll be there -- check with Brian (3800SC) earlier and he was not planning on attending when I last spoke to him -- I think he's traveling again. Hopefully he will be intown when you are and we can meet up at a local cruise. See You Saturday.
jsketcham

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsketchamSend a Private Message to jsketchamDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to be there with my dad. Hoping to meet a few of you all. not taking my fiero though, it's in the middle of a 3800 swap and dad's 86 T-Top needs a few more things before it is road worthy. I'm excited and hope to pick up some cool deals while i'm there.

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sabooo:

Dont just hope..."Encourage" them

I did; they had 3 weeks to get it done and i told them it had to be done before the weekend of the 26th. I told them they knew the deadline and they promised it will be before that date. They were notified that materials will be paid for, but no labor due to their not living up to their obligations. I feel i am and have been more then fair.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

She is a dirty girl and stripping earlier tonight! Got the new radiator in, but one of the trans cooler lines is nasty so that was snipped and tomorrow will be repaired and put back together, then the coolant burped. Tom and I will be spending the rest of the day washing and detailing my turd so it'll look like a shiny turd.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhh I'm restless. I can't wait for my first Carlisle trip to see lots of other Fieros. =D
PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Its 5:30! I'm leaving in 30 minutes!!! Anyone else going into the Daily Driver class?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Pulling out of NJ around 1-2PM and heading for my overnight lodging point in Camp Hill PA. Latest weather update for tomorrow is 92*F and "scattered thunderstorms" If it happens, usually that means an hour or so of rain -shouldn't be a problem. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

FieroVin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
Getting ready to leave now.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
1987 Fiero GT, Medium Red Mettalic, Lowered
2008 Solstice GXP, Aggressive
2008 G8 GT, Magnetic Grey Mettalic

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Got to call the paint shop and see whats up today if it isn't ready by this afternoon no sense in taking a car with the shop nasties to a show seems pointless to me.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post

Macs86GT

2276 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Not that anyone really cares, but im going to pick the car up now, the shop is letting me wet sand what is needed with their equipment and ill be helping with the re assembly. Now its going to be a long day cleaning every nook and cranny.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

Not that anyone really cares, but im going to pick the car up now, the shop is letting me wet sand what is needed with their equipment and ill be helping with the re assembly. Now its going to be a long day cleaning every nook and cranny.

Good to know its going to be there.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Im going to go and take both my fieros out for around a 20 mile drive to make sure everything is in order with them im pretty sure the green one is fine just need to make 100% sure the red one is. dont need any more surprises.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Im going to go and take both my fieros out for around a 20 mile drive to make sure everything is in order with them im pretty sure the green one is fine just need to make 100% sure the red one is. dont need any more surprises.

Just got done doing that myself. See ya in <24hrs!
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

ConvictedRedneck

1034 posts
Member since Nov 2005

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

Good luck, nice and fresh for the show!
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
LOl, yea i had a few clear pulled near my drivers side sail panel and the front fender i fixed it up as much as possible and the car will be going back to the shop for a sand and color touch with 3x clears put on on their dime. Either way im going to carlisle with it as it is just going to clean the old girl up and have at it. I know im going to get my arse kicked in modified fastback but its about actually meeting people and having fun, because when its all about the points it quickly ceases to be fun. Good luck to everyone on their way in and in finishing up their projects, and i hope to see you all at carlisle. Its back to the grinder for me.
PFF
System Bot
Irvin Green

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Irvin GreenSend a Private Message to Irvin GreenDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if I'll make it only running on 3 cylinder 1,3,5 not work ?. If I knew It wouldn't hurt anything I drive it. I have a post on the tech forum if anybody can help.

UPDATE CAR IS RUNNING STONG 5AMP FUSE WOW

[This message has been edited by Irvin Green (edited 06-25-2010).]

Jonviviano

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonvivianoSend a Private Message to JonvivianoDirect Link to This Post
Made it back about an hour ago. Departed at 6:30 today. Two hours from my house. The weather was beautiful but the show was slightly empty. Only 3 fieros today, unfortunately i cannot make it tomorrow to meet up with everyone. I will post a picture of my buy later tonight! Enjoy all.
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

Thanks for the kind words, P-kid!
I will be bringing four shifters (one for p-kid is spoken for) to Carlisle, and the tools to install them.

THESE SHIFTERS WILL FIT ANY FIERO WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION.

I will INSTALL them for you AT the Carlisle show (if you would like me to).
Prices:
$35.00 installed - IF you allow me to take your stock shifter
$50.00 if you just want the shifter, but dont want to give your stock shifter as a core.

Anyone who is interested in one of these for me to bring to / install @ Carlisle, either post on here or p/m me, so I can set one aside for you
*It's pretty easy to find me at the show, I should be close to my Fiero (silver 87 gt, chrome 5-spoke wheels, TPI V8 motor)*

All short shifters have been spoken for.
-Pontiackid
-macs86gt
-grkboy707
-marc-alan
Please see me at the show, and I will get them installed for you!

I should be around my car - 87 GT, bra, V8 (tpi), silver, chrome wheels
Thanks all!
Chris
Irvin Green

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Irvin GreenSend a Private Message to Irvin GreenDirect Link to This Post

I know theres the notice in the events section but last years chat up to carlisle was so much fun so here goes.

Whos goin, what you bringin, and what is the plan for this year?
Also what is the tech session going to be on this year?
Lets make this one as big if not bigger than last year.

Both mine are comming.
Heres the 87 at a little pre carlisle action at there style and preformance show.

And my 86

Hey if you have a steering wheel puller can you being it to the show
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
done with the cleaning until i get to my spot. I am still irritated at the clear coat issues but as it stands its not too bad. Irvin did you get your car running , and if so was it just a simple fuse?

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 06-25-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Carlisle is a couple hours away.... i need to get to bed
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Awake and getting ready to leave to meet with those derp derps in downingtown. =D
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Headed out now, too. Sheesh, it's dark.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Awake and getting ready to leave to meet with those derp derps in downingtown. =D

Who?

Bump, its time!
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Leaving now and bump.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Man i am burnt to hell and in a really bad mood now but today was awsome..
Met a bunch of cool people sold a few parts both my cars made it there and back with no problem. ann in all it was a great day.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamDirect Link to This Post

Met a bunch of cool people sold a few parts both my cars made it there and back with no problem. ann in all it was a great day.

what's with the bad mood?

anyway, chris and i made it home. my car stalled out and back fired, and chris's car is leaking tranny fluid. but, we're home. today was very nice, hot, but nice. i think that almost everyone that was there got a bit of a sunburn. the back of my calves are redder then tomatos!
good day for a car show though. hope everyone had a nice time!

ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Home as well, glad to hear some made it home safely already. Got to play cat and mouse with a z28 camaro most of the way home!
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Just got back in myself. Thanks Chris for installing the short shifter. It works well with the way my clutch is set, and i even found some of the parts i was looking for Doug from fiero warehouse had the sage chin spoiler and the camaro lip spoiler there, and he even let me bring them too my car to see if i liked the way they would look before shelling out the cash. I still need to talk to fierojohn aboujt some power mirrors. Above all i met some great people and finally got my car over its Fierophobia.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
My Formula made the trip flawlessly, I'm very happy with it. The day was A LOT of fun. Even my dad got in on the part selling fun(he was the best salesman at BOH's and PK's vendor spot). I'm also burnt to a complete crisp and at the end of the show my PA system died while I was yelling at Rick and Tom, but I think it's just a fuse.

It was nice meeting new people and putting faces to forum names. I've got lots of pics I'll upload later.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Thanks to the MAFOA and it's staff for all the work you did for us! Had a great time - reconnected with a couple of people and as always met a number of PFF'ers. It's great to put a face with the avatar. Maybe next year PFF name tags? or perhaps PFF ID's on our cars? But back to the reason for this post THANK YOU MAFOA!

Steve
marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time, nice to meet the group. Chris, the short throw shifter is AWESOME! Thanks again,

marc-alan
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Didn't you have sunscreen on? I did and I still got burnt on my neck. Was nice to finally meet you!

Originally posted by JennsDream:
what's with the bad mood?

anyway, chris and i made it home. my car stalled out and back fired, and chris's car is leaking tranny fluid. but, we're home. today was very nice, hot, but nice. i think that almost everyone that was there got a bit of a sunburn. the back of my calves are redder then tomatos!
good day for a car show though. hope everyone had a nice time!

I really think you should get that poor 2.8 looked at. Did you adjust the timing? Maybe the timing chain could have a bad amount of slop in it, I'm not sure. Nice to see you guys there!

My car didn't make it, but my dad and I took his car to the show. Met Andy and his family, PK, BOH, Bascially the Short Bus crew, with there T-shirts. It was indeed very hot, but I had a good time, saw some fiero's i knew, saw some I didn't know, We did get home safely, no problems, water pump didnt' fail on us. Seems to be worse though, it has like 1/2 inch of play in the pulley shaft.

Pictures!
(Andy, if you don't want these up, please let me know and i'll take them down)
Andy's house

His Family.

The caravan of Fiero's.

Fiero Fairgrounds

FieroFreak's Fiero

4X4 Fiero

The Power Pickle! (Joking, i love that color.)

PK's 87GT

Me, deciding if I should buy that wheel from FieroJon.

More Fiero's (including a choptop with an LS3 and F40. Wow.)

Someone's L67

And Andy's GT.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock