Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  The narrative that the Capitol protest was a “deadly insurrection” is falling apart (Page 4)

Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: Politics & Religion.
The narrative that the Capitol protest was a “deadly insurrection” is falling apart by 2.5
Started on: 04-16-2021 12:28 PM
Replies: 1092 (17414 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 02-24-2022 10:22 AM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2021 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He reminds me of a cuckoo clock........
IP: Logged
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2021 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The general topic of "messaging" leaps out from this forum thread, as an obvious (although not explicit) subtext.

I just found this, and I think it's a standout essay, suitable for archiving in the "How to Message" file folder on anyone's hard drive. (Of course, like you, I'd probably prefer to archive it on my own hard drive, not just anyone's hard drive.)

Here's a small sample:

When Barack Obama first ran for president 12 years ago, several organizations that had been working on the issue hired me to develop pro-reform messages and test them against potential attacks. Public support for expanding healthcare coverage proved so widespread that the issue was bulletproof—but only with effective messaging. If any of the messages began with "I believe in universal healthcare," the percentage who supported reform roughly equaled the percentage opposing it, given a tough narrative from the right about “socialized medicine” or “a government bureaucrat between you and your doctor.” But if the same message began with "I believe in a doctor for every family," support exceeded opposition 70 percent to 30 percent.

"How to Win an Election"
Drew Westen for Psychology Today; April 29, 2020.
https://www.psychologytoday...004/how-win-election

Read-o-Meter: 18 minutes.

About the author:

Drew Westen, PhD., is a clinical, personality, and political psychologist. He received his A.B. at Harvard University, an M.A. in Social and Political Thought at the University of Sussex, England, and his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the University of Michigan. Prior to coming to Emory, he taught at the University of Michigan and Harvard Medical School, and was Chief Psychologist at the Cambridge Health Alliance. . . .

He is currently working on a follow-up to The Political Brain, after 15 years of research as a political consultant, on how to talk with voters about a wide range of issues, from abortion, immigration, the changing demographics of the U.S., and unconscious or implicit prejudice, to economics, taxes, climate change, and healthcare reform. . . .

Drew Westen is a faculty member at Emory University.
http://psychology.emory.edu...ios/westen-drew.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-21-2021).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2021 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

As of today, still NOT ONE PERSON has been charged with Insurrection as a result of the events of January 6, 2021
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2021 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13817 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I just found this, and I think it's a standout essay, suitable for archiving in the "How to Message" file folder.....

NO.

That is properly called "How to PROPAGANDA"

You are fascinated by, and applauding, a screed on how to create propaganda, authored by one of your Leftist comrades.

It is exactly this kind of stuff that led another member of this forum to call you a "Purveyor of Perjury".

If you simply concerned yourself with telling the objective TRUTH you wouldn't have to worry about so-called "messaging",....

.... but Leftists gotta Leftist...

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-23-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2021 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

As of today, still NOT ONE PERSON has been charged with Insurrection as a result of the events of January 6, 2021
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2021 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Emory was one of the first reported schools to demand "safe spaces" for students who couldn't cope with Trump speaking somewhat honestly.

Messaging.

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

Barack Obama

How come the left allows antifa and BLM to get away with their crimes? Because they're what Obama's speech writer was talking about, maybe?

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 05-23-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2021 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2021 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

BREAKING NEWS:

As much as repeated things pounded into heads indoctrinate sheep. Truth they don't want to believe doesn't seem to work as well.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2021 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

As much as repeated things pounded into heads indoctrinate sheep. Truth they don't want to believe doesn't seem to work as well.

As much as I could say the same about constantly posting Jordan Peterson videos......I don't.

"The truth bears repeating" is an old saying for a good reason.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-27-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2021 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

As much as I could say the same about constantly posting Jordan Peterson videos......I don't.

"The truth bears repeating" is an old saying for a good reason.

In my defense each video is different
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2021 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In my defense each video is different

In my defense, each day is different.....and the truth never changes but still bears repeating

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-28-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2021 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13817 posts
Member since Mar 2006
BREAKING NEWS:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2021 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

* Starting next month, (tomorrow), I might make this "news" a weekly event......I might

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if any folks are still in denial and believe the earlier hype.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-01-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder if any folks are still in denial and believe the earlier hype.

It's important to understand that the Demorats have the "distinction" of being the only ones that have actually been guilty of insurrection.

They have held that "distinction" since their attempted secession from the United States in 1861 that caused the Civil War.

To this day the Demorat party has never apologized for it's history or even acknowledged it but the indelible stain of their true heritage remains.

Modern day Leftists are also consumed with the weird idea of "role reversal", even to the point of the propaganda fiction they created that Republicans and Democrats somehow magically "switched sides" on issues such as race, segregation, etc.

There is absolutely no factual history, political or otherwise, that bears that propaganda out, but Demorats are desperate to try to shed themselves of their heritage any way they think they can.

The riots of 1/6 were seen as a "God Send" to Leftist propagandists who have tried to define it as an "insurrection" so that they could point a "condemning historical finger" at former President Trump, the Republican party and conservatives in general. To "even the score" so to speak.

As usual, objective facts and reality are simply not on their side since absolutely NONE of the people arrested and charged have been charged with insurrection under 18 U.S. Code § 2383 - (Rebellion or insurrection).

By definition, insurrection is a federal crime and we can be certain that if Biden's DOJ could bring that charge against any of the people arrested as a result of 1/6 they would and they would do it with much haste and the loud tooting of political horns.

We are now almost 6 months removed from the date of the riot and the fact that NOBODY has been charged with the crime of insurrection puts the Leftist propaganda in it's proper place.

As to your question, "if any folks are still in denial and believe the earlier hype", I can only say;

When have objective facts and reality ever stopped Leftists from believing the propaganda they are fed even long after it has been proven false?

That will not stop me from reminding them of the objective facts as I have done in this thread and will continue to do as long as I care to or can.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-02-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2021 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel Alonso, now a private sector attorney, was a federal prosecutor for the Eastern District of New York and, at the local level, a senior prosecutor for the District of Manhattan. Tonight (June 1) he appeared on MSNBC to discuss some of the latest developments in the ongoing federal investigations and indictments arising from the events at the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6; in particular, the latest in a series of indictments against members of the Oath Keepers as reported two days ago (May 30) in the Washington Post.

Four more Oath Keepers associates have been indicted and three were arrested in Florida in recent days in the January 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol, bringing the number of co-defendants charged in the largest conspiracy case from that day to 16 . . .

The four new defendants are charged with conspiring to obstruct Congress’s confirmation of the 2020 presidential election in joint session on January 6. . . .
"Four more indicted in alleged Jan. 6 Oath Keepers conspiracy to obstruct election vote in Congress"
Spencer S. Hsu for the Washington Post; May 30, 2021.
https://www.washingtonpost....63e6be6ff_story.html

Insurrection? Or just conspiracy to obstruct Congress"..?

That sounds like a mouthful of "just" to me. Although I guess it could be an important distinction if any of these Oath Keepers were to interview for a job on some future day.

Interviewer: "Have you ever been convicted of, or charged with insurrection?"

Oath Keeper: "No, just conspiracy to obstruct Congress."

Interviewer: "Great. That takes us to my next question. What are your salary expectations?"

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-02-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2021 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2021 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13817 posts
Member since Mar 2006

There. That should stir up the Leftist lunatics for awhile.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2021 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13817 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Insurrection? Or just conspiracy to obstruct Congress"..?

Maybe you could also start mindlessly hooting about "collusion" again like you did for almost 4 years.

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2021 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's as far as I got with the previous message before the phone rang.

I wonder if I will ever find the time to see the rest of it.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2021 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2021 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/...apses-234102301.html

Allow me to help illustrate that news for emphasis:

Imagine that. The DOJ is now dismissing their "obstruction" cases, which of course sets a real precedent for other defendants similarly charged.

It appears as though the "insurrection" narrative is falling apart faster and more completely than the Leftist propagandists can keep up with.....

.....even on PFF

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2021 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2021 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/...apses-234102301.html

I see your yahoo news story and raise you a John Sullivan

Who is John Sullivan? Left-wing Activist Charged in Capitol Riot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2021 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some have speculated that the dismissed case involves an informant, or that they've turned this guy to inform.

John Sullivan was mentioned a couple times in the thread.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2021 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...conspiracy to obstruct election vote...

Ha! There is sure plenty of that to go around
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2021 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2021 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, want to be sure I'm tracking...

The only person convicted of a crime for the January 6th incident has been a Democrat?
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2021 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only deadly part of the event was caused by someone with the Capitol police.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2021 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2021 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2021 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING NEWS:

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-10-2021 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what the status of the deadly Capitol insurrection is?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

According to reports, ... your overlords have many hours of video which they will not release. Other reports say the arrested are kept in solitary confinement, the "Hole".

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35918 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by sourmash:

According to reports, your overlords will not release the name of the ?Capitol Hill Police Officer? who shot through a door killing a veteran.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Andy Clyde stated it was just "A Normal day at the capitol!" I guess they barricade the doors every day...."Right"...?

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 06-10-2021).]

This thread has been moved here: Politics & Religion.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock