Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Noah - The Movie starring Russell Crowe 2014 (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Noah - The Movie starring Russell Crowe 2014 by Boostdreamer
Started on: 03-30-2014 03:19 PM
Replies: 349 (3304 views)
Last post by: yellowstone on 07-31-2014 07:18 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:
Yes sir, I have earned a college degree in the arena of human behavior and how and why they are influenced.

Originally posted by Wichita:
... there is no use going any further and embarrassing him any more. I just assume to let the bad apple poser rot and go away.

Like the need to put others down, belittle them, post as if you had a group standing with you, or always win, for example.
IP: Logged
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

I don't get that Satan business. God must have created him (if you believe in that) and since god is omnipotent, he can just make him disappear again or just vanquish him. Why does he keep him around? For amusement? To screw with people just for the fun of it?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I'm sure that means something to someone.

See? I feel about your "belief" in exactly the same way!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Satan supposedly originally was one of Gods angels, and God banished him from heaven and earth, to go to Hell.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Satan supposedly originally was one of Gods angels, and God banished him from heaven and earth, to go to Hell.

^real quote from Giorgio

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 03-31-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

See? I feel about your "belief" in exactly the same way!

The difference is, I didn't say yours was a fairytale, etc, etc.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys - guys - guys !!!

Like many OTHER movies - the movie doesn't follow the story in "The Book". That's it.

Some liked the book - some didn't. Can't it just end there??

Would we have 6 pages of arguing because someone didn't like the movie version of the novel "Martian Chronicles"?

Nope. Because most would keep their tongues in check, instead of insulting each other.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I know the story. Why is there a "struggle", then? If god can banish satan to hell, why does satan have any powers? Why is he even around to torment people?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

The difference is, I didn't say yours was a fairytale, etc, etc.

So you believe that there are really tiny horses in my engine? You don't think I'm a little bit off if that's my belief?

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-31-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

...the direction of the thread almost immediately veered from posting a differing opinion of the movie to attacking the person who started the thread, and his personal beliefs in general, as well of course, to all who have beliefs similar to that person.

Don, are you suggesting that I was "attacking" the OP? I hope not.

I'm also not responsible for what other people might've commented after my post.

Originally posted by Patrick:

So they fictionalized a work of fiction? Damn.

Brennan gets it.

Originally posted by theBDub:

I read Patrick's post as a light elbow jab with a grin...

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Guys - guys - guys !!!

Like many OTHER movies - the movie doesn't follow the story in "The Book". That's it.

Some liked the book - some didn't. Can't it just end there??

Would we have 6 pages of arguing because someone didn't like the movie version of the novel "Martian Chronicles"?

Nope. Because most would keep their tongues in check, instead of insulting each other.

The majority of the thread has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Damn, I told myself I would not post in this thread. Noah way, noah how.

Heh heh...
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you believe that there are really tiny horses in my engine? You don't think I'm a little bit off if that's my belief?

No, I do not believe that. I already thought you were a little off because of your stance on firearms. This doesn't make it any worse. You are free to believe what you want. I won't tell you not to but if you want to know about what I believe, I'll tell you.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why did you post all your military docs.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, I do not believe that. You are free to believe what you want. I won't tell you not to but if you want to know about what I believe, I'll tell you.

We're on the same page, then.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

No, it has something to do with you complaining about the inaccuracies the movie has compared to the biblical story. That prompted others to point out that the biblical story was pretty fantastical and unlikely itself. Then it descended into an argument on how historically accurate or inaccurate the bible is in the first place. Dan the Aryan pointed out via a picture of a pointy-haired dude that there may have been aliens involved. It all makes sense to me...
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Why did you post all your military docs.

You have to check out the quote by Super Troll above them.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GUYS!! lets just wait for the 3D CGI Disney version

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, it has something to do with you complaining about the inaccuracies the movie has compared to the biblical story. That prompted others to point out that the biblical story was pretty fantastical and unlikely itself. Then it descended into an argument on how historically accurate or inaccurate the bible is in the first place. Dan the Aryan pointed out via a picture of a pointy-haired dude that there may have been aliens involved. It all makes sense to me...

You clearly have not read the thread but that's ok.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The picture that sums up the Noah's Arc story for me...

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, at all the posts, honestly "to me and my beliefs" The idea of an alien influence that someone from a higher intelligence, a higher being, created us, chances are, he's actually an alien. To me that makes more sense, or better stated, it makes sense of what most of the bible stories claim. A Fly lives his lifetime in a matter of days, so the idea of living a hundred years would be alien to him. Who's to say that an alien came here, that had a lifetime of a few thousand years, and his kids may have taken several hundred years to mature...... Maybe they decided that the experiment on this planet had gone wrong and wanted to wipe the slate clean.......

Would the average human think twice about killing all the living cells in a specimen dish, if the experiment went in a direction they did not like.

So yep, aliens as our gods makes about as much sense as the bible to me.

Feel free to believe what you want, I won't try to convert you, or put down your religion.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Satan and his followers were cast out to earth, not hell.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

LOL, at all the posts, honestly "to me and my beliefs" The idea of an alien influence that someone from a higher intelligence, a higher being, created us, chances are, he's actually an alien. To me that makes more sense, or better stated, it makes sense of what most of the bible stories claim. A Fly lives his lifetime in a matter of days, so the idea of living a hundred years would be alien to him. Who's to say that an alien came here, that had a lifetime of a few thousand years, and his kids may have taken several hundred years to mature...... Maybe they decided that the experiment on this planet had gone wrong and wanted to wipe the slate clean.......

Would the average human think twice about killing all the living cells in a specimen dish, if the experiment went in a direction they did not like.

Feel free to believe what you want, I won't try to convert you, or put down your religion.

is such a thing even possible?
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately, I cannot speed ban you on my own. So in the words of Eric Cartman:

I stand corrected.

Thank you for your service.
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

is such a thing even possible?

It makes more sense to me than the bible stories we were told as kids. It's even happened throughout history. An European explorer found a part of the globe undiscovered to them and found a primitive people. The primitive tribes, for a time, saw them as gods due to their advanced technology. Advanced technology to lesser developed societies can be perceived as magical, a miracle, or power only begotten by gods.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth88Formula:

It makes more sense to me than the bible stories we were told as kids. It's even happened throughout history. An European explorer found a part of the globe undiscovered to them and found a primitive people. The primitive tribes, for a time, saw them as gods due to their advanced technology. Advanced technology to lesser developed societies can be perceived as magical, a miracle, or power only begotten by gods.

I was being sarcastic, guess when i dont post the pic of the Ancient Aliens guy people take me more serious. Sorry, duly noted. But you are correct, the Spaniards took over all of South America with no remorse.
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was being sarcastic, guess when i dont post the pic of the Ancient Aliens guy people take me more serious. Sorry, duly noted. But you are correct, the Spaniards took over all of South America with no remorse.

Sorry, I didn't even pay attention to who was even posting the ancient aliens guy, haha. And now I see that your avatar is him as well. I'm terrible at identifying forum sarcasm.
DANGERUS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANGERUSSend a Private Message to DANGERUSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by DANGERUS (edited 04-01-2014).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't get that Satan business. God must have created him (if you believe in that) and since god is omnipotent, he can just make him disappear again or just vanquish him. Why does he keep him around? For amusement? To screw with people just for the fun of it?

Man has free will to make his own choices. Satan, as the embodiment of evil, is necessary for there to be another path to choose.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have to check out the quote by Super Troll above them.

What I mean is why did you let a ****ing Piece of **** like Wichita lead you around by your nose.
Who gives a ratz ass what he thinks?

Personally I would tell him to shove his ' I stand corrected ' apology up his ass too.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 04-01-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 04-01-2014).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree, and it never will again have anything to do with the movie.

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etCRX5nXLf8

My favorite..Joe Rogan making fun of the stupidity of the story of noahs ark. lol
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seriously, Russell Crowe playing Noah? LOL!!!

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-01-2014 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

What I mean is why did you let a ****ing Piece of **** like Wichita lead you around by your nose.
Who gives a ratz ass what he thinks?

Personally I would tell him to shove his ' I stand corrected ' apology up his ass too.

He was willing to admit he was wrong when shown ( easily faked ) evidence. Makes him a better man than you, apparently.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-01-2014 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by maryjane:

I agree, and it never will again have anything to do with the movie.

The movie will suck. I wont watch it. ( aside from subject matter, i dont like the main guy ... )

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Seriously, Russell Crowe playing Noah? LOL!!!

I know...
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
uff

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 04-01-2014).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth88Formula:

Alot if it is just how you look at it, and reasons we perceive it that way..etc.

Planets, solar systems, planes, dimensions, aliens, angels, demons, ghosts, creator, intelligence, extra terrestrial, spiritual...
One thing is for sure there is a truth, what we do is percieve.

A few links:

“Considering what we know about space and life and the world as God sees it, we already have an explanation for so-called alien activity on Earth. Reports of “close encounters” describe the ethereal, transient, deceptive, and malevolent. Accounts also record that encounters with supposed aliens can be stopped by a real, authentic call to Jesus. Everything points to the activity of demons, not extraterrestrials.”
http://www.gotquestions.org/aliens-Christian.html

“Although the Bible gives us no word about whether or not aliens exist—there is no inclusion of them in the creation account in Genesis, and no mention of them elsewhere—the Bible does tell us about visitors from another world—the spiritual world.Since the beginning, instances of demons (fallen angels) visiting the earth have been witnessed and recorded.”
http://www.gotquestions.org/alien-deception.html

Maybe they decided that the experiment on this planet had gone wrong and wanted to wipe the slate clean.......

"And God said to Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me, for the earth is full of violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth" - Genesis 6:3
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock