Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Noah - The Movie starring Russell Crowe 2014 (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Noah - The Movie starring Russell Crowe 2014 by Boostdreamer
Started on: 03-30-2014 03:19 PM
Replies: 349 (3302 views)
Last post by: yellowstone on 07-31-2014 07:18 AM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

He didn't say you were, but it's still hard to have a serious conversation with someone who doesn't know if Pangea is "true science" but has no problem believing the earth is 6000 years old. And doesn't even know enough to explain how it could happen with any understanding of geology but at the same time has no problem saying it did.

Not saying there can't be respect still, but yeah, it's annoying. Even if it's just your belief, and you aren't trying to force it on anyone, it's just... confusing and strange that you'd willfully look the other way to evidence that points towards other ideas.

Serious question, is the other evidence just created by Satan or demons? Can Satan create or just destroy? I had that mental battle myself and am curious where you stand.

I'm just having a conversation. I doubt this is the first time you've seen conflicting ideas by the same person. It happens. I'm doing my best to stay open minded and to not refuse the possibilities of different scientific theories. If being open minded in a religious conversation bothers you, you would probably enjoy a conversation with the Westboro Baptist folks better. Don't really know what else to say about that...

I don't know of any scripture that says Satan can create, even for the purpose of evil. What he can do is deceive. He is an exceptional liar and a master weilder of false information. Could he use those skills to put doubt into the minds of people? I'd say that is one of his favorite pastimes.

IP: Logged
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

I am surprised by the lack of the usual "thumpers" not joining in to help him out?

I have gotten many PMs in the past advising me to tone it down. To not rock the boat. To tread lightly, etc, etc. Those are the same people who will not have the courage to post and will sit home and wonder why this problem persists. I don't really understand that mentality.

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Some more advice. Read a few more books to base your knowledge on.

I do love reading. Sometimes it is difficult at the book burnings I host once a month.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Wichita:

You can't answer a yes or no question?

Quid pro quo, my friend. What good has come from your Christian bashing? What will it take to bring it to an end?
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Quid pro quo, my friend. What good has come from your Christian bashing? What will it take to bring it to an end?

Just wondering why you refuse to answer a simple question.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

It's only a flesh wound! Come back! I'll bite your kneecaps off!

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Just wondering why you refuse to answer a simple question.

ditto

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by yellowstone:
Bill Mahar video

Well there's one I already know I have no interest in seeing. No comment will be possible.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ditto

That's fine. I'm sure you refuse to answer because you know where I'm going with it. I just know where you stand now.
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's fine. I'm sure you refuse to answer because you know where I'm going with it. I just know where you stand now.

ditto

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meh. I'm done.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 03-31-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're less open-minded than you think.

And that's what I thought. So who created dinosaur fossils?

No. Sometimes snarky? yes. Do you really expect me to answer another question after your opening statement? I'll give you the opportunity to change your mind.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No. Sometimes snarky? yes. Do you really expect me to answer another question after your opening statement? I'll give you the opportunity to change your mind.

I edited my comment before your reply. I'm out. I have no desire to "convert" anyone out of Christianity so there is no sense in me continuing.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I edited my comment before your reply. I'm out. I have no desire to "convert" anyone out of Christianity so there is no sense in me continuing.

As long as you're not trying to change me and I'm not trying to change you, there is no harm in asking questions of each other to experience a different viewpoint. Stick around if you want. You're not bothering me.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As long as you're not trying to change me and I'm not trying to change you, there is no harm in asking questions of each other to experience a different viewpoint. Stick around if you want. You're not bothering me.

I've been where you are. But I was more open-minded. So open-minded that I realized some stuff in the Bible just wasn't true. Everything kind of went crashing down after that. So I don't really need your viewpoint. I was trying to get you to relent a bit, but that's stupid because I don't care what you believe. So no, thanks though. Have a good day. Gotta get back to work.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a good friend who thinks the earth is like 5000 years old, and dinosaurs died in the middle ages. Hes dead set on that. Im fine with it even though I have a hard time keeping a straight face. Everyones entitled to believe in whatever they want.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

. Have a good day. Gotta get back to work.

You too, wish I could. I'm sitting here coughing my head off giving myself a headache. Walking pneumonia sux.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 03-31-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by DanDamage:

LOL Lovin' me some Family Guy!

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well there's one I already know I have no interest in seeing. No comment will be possible.

It's completely on topic and, while comedic, makes some valid points. Hey, I read the bible, both testaments, twice. And thought about it. Now, in my experience, that's more than many Christians can say of themselves. You have to be open to hearing the other side's arguments but you don't have to agree, of course.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been where you are. But I was more open-minded. So open-minded that I realized some stuff in the Bible just wasn't true. Everything kind of went crashing down after that. So I don't really need your viewpoint. I was trying to get you to relent a bit, but that's stupid because I don't care what you believe. So no, thanks though. Have a good day. Gotta get back to work.

Lots of that going around nowadays.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Lots of that going around nowadays.

Yeah. And what's bad is that I told myself I wouldn't do that to a Believer. But here I am... Kinda disappointed in myself.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I have a good friend who thinks the earth is like 5000 years old, and dinosaurs died in the middle ages. Hes dead set on that. Im fine with it even though I have a hard time keeping a straight face. Everyones entitled to believe in whatever they want.

Thank you. And I have tiny horses in my engine. Think about it, that's why it's called 'horsepower" - duh!
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you. And I have tiny horses in my engine. Think about it, that's why it's called 'horsepower" - duh!

I suppose next you'll tell us you have a tiny snake in your pants. I tell ya, I just don't know what to believe anymore.

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldn't do that to a Believer.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You too, wish I could. I'm sitting here coughing my head off giving myself a headache. Walking pneumonia sux.

Get better. Never had that, but it never sounds nice. Do what the Dr. says.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meh. I'm done.

I'm with you. There is no sense in trying to hold a debate with an anonymous person who has lied about everything he is. When it is very suspect that that the dude lied about being in the military. At that point, there is no use going any further and embarrassing him any more. I just assume to let the bad apple poser rot and go away.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suppose next you'll tell us you have a tiny snake in your pants. I tell ya, I just don't know what to believe anymore.

Those in that circumstance usually don't tell anyone.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tell ya, I just don't know what to believe anymore.

Now were getting somewhere! Once you stop believing without tangible evidence, things get much clearer
PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You aren't validating Boostdreamer's tiny snake theory, are you?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

You aren't validating Boostdreamer's tiny snake theory, are you?

I have tangible evidence to the contrary in hand unless some invisible deity is causing me to be delusional about it

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-31-2014).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb's post as a grumpy man who's ultimately harmless, .

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have tangible evidence to the contrary in hand unless some invisible deity is causing me to be delusional about it

Now you better not be claiming "hard evidence" in this matter.

Damn, I told myself I would not post in this thread. Noah way, noah how

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NO would have sufficed.

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Now you better not be claiming "hard evidence" in this matter.

Damn, I told myself I would not post in this thread. Noah way, noah how

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm with you. There is no sense in trying to hold a debate with an anonymous person who has lied about everything he is. When it is very suspect that that the dude lied about being in the military. At that point, there is no use going any further and embarrassing him any more. I just assume to let the bad apple poser rot and go away.

Unfortunately, I cannot speed ban you on my own. So in the words of Eric Cartman:

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately, I cannot speed ban you on my own.

might want to watch that, its against the rules to call for ban, and that is pretty close to the line.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

might want to watch that, its against the rules to call for ban, and that is pretty close to the line.

It was an intro to a video. Humor in the face of attacks by an azzhat. I think Cliff will understand.

Besides, don't you have some homework to do? I left a really big post for you to decipher for all of us. Page 4, sixth post down from the top.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was an intro to a video. Humor in the face of attacks by an azzhat. I think Cliff will understand.

Besides, don't you have some homework to do? I left a really big post for you to decipher for all of us. Page 4, sixth post down from the top.

I wasn't taking the video. And actually i do have homework to do, but not for here. i have some code to finish up tonight for the boss on an app i am writing for him, as i'm not at work the rest of the week past lunch tomorrow.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock