Started on: 03-12-2012 04:27 PM
Replies: 226 (5087 views)
Last post by: weloveour86se on 05-12-2015 12:51 PM
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is what is bugging me, I want to make it 100% clear that I think this is not, NOT weloveour's fault in any way. weloveour86se has been excellent during this process, and I would certainly do business with him again (especially if a particular Hot Wheels car finds it's way into the trunk.)

After a lot of searching around, and digging on prices, and such I decided on Greyhound. There were a few minor issues (like I needed to be there to pick up the trunk) but I figured since it was on the bus, and fairly easy to track (only 4 or 5 buses) that I would have no problem.

Then the trunk was put on the bus, and it ends up the money to transport only gets the item standby service, and it could be as long as 7 days to get the trunk here. I can't track the trunk by going online, I get to make a phone call which I can only assume will be super awesome. (I still hate talking on the phone).

The station it's going to is an hour from here, and I was figuring on the trunk getting here at midnight Saturday, and had planned on going to a family event, then picking up the trunk. Now I get to call every so many hours to figure out if the trunk is moving, or waiting on the next bus. Since I'm supposed to be there to meet the bus I really can't plan a damned thing for the next 7 friggin days. (hopefully it's only 7 days)

So, the added stress, mixed with the added money of going to the station means I will probably avoid Greyhound from here on out.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 06-15-2012).]

IP: Logged
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Here is what is bugging me, I want to make it 100% clear that I think this is not, NOT weloveour's fault in any way.

After a lot of searching around, and digging on prices, and such I decided on Greyhound. There were a few minor issues (like I needed to be there to pick up the trunk) but I figured since it was on the bus, and fairly easy to track (only 4 or 5 buses) that I would have no problem.

Then the trunk was put on the bus, and it ends up the money to transport only gets the item standby service, and it could be as long as 7 days to get the trunk here. I can't track the trunk by going online, I get to make a phone call which I can only assume will be super awesome. (I still hate talking on the phone).

The station it's going to is an hour from here, and I was figuring on the trunk getting here at midnight Saturday, and had planned on going to a family event, then picking up the trunk. Now I get to call every so many hours to figure out if the trunk is moving, or waiting on the next bus. Since I'm supposed to be there to meet the bus I really can't plan a damned thing for the next 7 friggin days. (hopefully it's only 7 days)

So, the added stress, mixed with the added money of going to the station means I will probably avoid Greyhound from here on out.

Brad

This is what I will do. I'll call or check online for route details. I'm good on the phone. I will get the phone number and name of each station manager. I will call them and explain in detail what is going on if needed. I'm sure we can tweek the system so to speak and gleen info from some people.

You don't physically have to be there when the bus arrives. They will hold the trunk till pick up. There is a time frame for which they are liable. I will attempt to contact the Joplin Greyhound station manager and explain in great detail. Hopefully I can try to set up an arrangement where the Joplin station manager could call me or Brad at time of arrival.

Best I can say. I will arrange a meeting with our shipping department for a review of processes.

Bejeesus, I hope too never piss you off! Nice rant However I must admit there is merit to it.

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Here is what frustrates me. No offense meant at all Brad.

This russian girl walks by the house everyday. Everyday. 2 to 4 times. She must be working downtown and live uptown We are mid town I guess. Anyway she just keeps getting sexier everyday. Spotted her and snapped a cpl pics. She did the hair fling thing. Thats code IMO for, "So I can has job yes?" lol. Perhaps shes looking for a husband so she can stay here in the US. It happens.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Perhaps I'll just ask her if I can take her pic, bet she would let me! I told her flat out, "Your very beautiful." She smiled and waved. Is that a bad pick up line? lol Telling you I need therapy. A team of therapists even.

Man, theres a bunch of smoking Russian hotties and it's VERY frustrating about 6 summers ago I dated a nice Russain girl. uhhnn...No BS you could ask my son Caleb. He really liked her.

Now thats some damm fine picking there!!

Edit: I'd really like to see you have that^^^!!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 06-15-2012).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What were you doing just sitting in your car around 4:20?
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chasing her^^^ on my way home from a "Safety meeting"
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

What were you doing just sitting in your car around 4:20?

Shut up and let the man stalk!!

Do we need to send you a better camera Andrew?

Brad
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shut up and let the man stalk!!

Do we need to send you a better camera Andrew?

Brad

LMAO!!

Edit. and that is the front of our place so it was not legally stalking! I was just reparking my car officers.

another edit..man I really need to learn how to use this thing!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 06-15-2012).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to avoid Greyhound like the plague from here on out.

Despite them being open, nobody is answering the phone, here or Saint Louis.

On typical shipments I check a few times a day to see where things are, weloveour was kind enough to check on it this morning, and I was simply going to do the same thing this afternoon, no dice. I know they are open, and I know someone is there. I also remember sitting in the station and listening to the phone ring for what seemed like 10 minutes while the guy at the desk read a book.

Brad
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't say I blame you. Sensitive items. Tracking Greyhound is nonexistent practicle. If it was say a bumper or something i wouldn't be so worried perhaps. Shipping is becoming a real problem.

Those ashtrays went ALLLLL the way to Minnesota if I remember correctly, onto the truck for delivery there, and are now on their way back apparently. Wow WTH? Sheesh. Now what?

Our Head of Finance Department is gonna be very upset. Possibly so upset that our Head of Purchasing could be sleeping on the couch tonight.

Shipping is PITA, specially without tracking. Hopefully everyone will be happy soon! Please be patient as these things take time. Shippers dont give a crap about getting it to you really, you've already paid them.

TYVM
Andrew
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tell the Head of Finance that you are considering ramping up Foreign relations.

Just keep in mind that I'm not upset at you at all here, I think we both thought that Greyhound would be ideal. I blame my wife.

Brad
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tell the Head of Finance that you are considering ramping up Foreign relations.

Just keep in mind that I'm not upset at you at all here, I think we both thought that Greyhound would be ideal. I blame my wife.

Brad

LMAO!!

Speaking from personal experience, foreign relations usually never work out in the end! BTW the Head of Finance dept. Lol'd at your post!

BAHHH typos!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 06-17-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Yeah!! Just got a text from Brad!! Trunk #1 is at the Joplin Greyhound station as we speak!! Nice! Phew! Take a pic of it in it's delivered condition! We can compare it to a before picture!

LMK how you make out! Aldso snap a pic of the front of the greyhound station for us? Joplin is the city that got wiped out! Were all interested to see a pic or two!!

TYVM for your patients and understanding!
Andrew
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
I'd really like to see someone have one of these very cool coolers! The original instruction sheet is still in the Capt Morgans ice chest! Theres a phone number and fax number on the card but NO www. anything . com address. That tells me its pre internet possible. Perhaps I'll try calling the number???? Ask a few questions? The igloo cooler is also in brand new condition. Theres a Igloo Tag Along 10 on ebay at $29.00 right now IIRC. This ones a tag along 24! Not sure but i guess that means 24pack of beer will fit?

1983 Igloo Tag-Along24 Mint condition!!!

You could be Ballerz Yo! Pimp these coolers out back by the grill, on the beach, park, whatever. The keen observer will really love them and they are functional! What great convo pieces too! Cool pieces! Perhaps I'll run up to the store and grab some ice, fill one of them with beer and sit out on the porch? Maybe the little Russian princess would like something cold to drink on a hot day?

Telling you I really need therapy!
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Therapy. No wait testing. Yes thats it, product testing! Research and developement, even!

1 bag of ice
18 pack Coors Light fits perfect
1 Captain Morgans rare ice chest...
Priceless!!

Oops I mean 17 Coors light, meh better go ahead and make that 16 Coors Light

I'm gonna test the cooler, yeah thats it! I will report my findings! Standby for full updates! hehe.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! the Captain Morgans cooler performed way beyond my expectations!

Had some friends over! Who the hell drinks Miller Light? LOL These friggin Russians and Ukrainians! Foreign Relations
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Yeah!! Just got a text from Brad!! Trunk #1 is at the Joplin Greyhound station as we speak!! Nice! Phew! Take a pic of it in it's delivered condition! We can compare it to a before picture!

LMK how you make out! Aldso snap a pic of the front of the greyhound station for us? Joplin is the city that got wiped out! Were all interested to see a pic or two!!

TYVM for your patients and understanding!
Andrew

The Greyhound station was away from the tornado, I'll have to get pictures tomorrow, I've got to run over to Mom's for a while, and I'll be all night.

I was very impressed at how nice the trunk looked, really really impressed. More importantly my wife was extremely impressed, and when she's happy I'm happy.

We opened it up at the station (good job on the wrap man) and made sure there was no damage, nothing wrong with it that I can tell, it was in better condition than we expected, Your camera must have sucked lol. Then we ran it over to another members house, and had him trunk sit while we went grocery shopping (Thanks Mike! Sorry about your wife wanting a trunk now.) Then we went and grabbed a milkshake with the best family in Joplin, and just got home. With the hour drive each way it pays to do as much as we can every time we get into town.

Brad

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The original instruction sheet is still in the Capt Morgans ice chest!

If you are drunk enough to need instructions for an ice chest, you will be too drunk to read them, .
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok! The Capns cooler worked like a charm! I just emptied the left over ice and water. No leaks. Couple, few beers left are still ice cold!

All test were a complete sucess!!

Now, I need ot test the other cooler!?

P.s. It's not really instructions per say, just a small piece of paper that says: Empty promtly after use..... and some phone#'s and what not.

Maybe I'll rethink keeping the Capn Morgans cooler! It it summer at the beach after all! Probably needs more testing anyway
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
YES!! Just got off the phone with Peterboro Basket Company!! That Capn's cooler is item # 601! Spoke with a Marge! She was trying to remember when this cooler was made! It was before she was hired on with the company! She was hired on 19 years ago!! They are not making this cooler anymore nor will they be! There are others supposedly like it on their website, just not this one!! YES! YES YES!

Go find one on Ebay! Good Luck!

I'm off to search the website, will post links of what I find!

BTW Marge was very interested in where I picked it up and any details I could give! I gave her my test results. That IMHO is Super Cool!

http://www.peterborobasket.com/

http://www.peterborobasket....l-cooler-basket.aspx

NICENESSSS!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 06-18-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Greyhound station was away from the tornado, I'll have to get pictures tomorrow, I've got to run over to Mom's for a while, and I'll be all night.

I was very impressed at how nice the trunk looked, really really impressed. More importantly my wife was extremely impressed, and when she's happy I'm happy.

We opened it up at the station (good job on the wrap man) and made sure there was no damage, nothing wrong with it that I can tell, it was in better condition than we expected, Your camera must have sucked lol. Then we ran it over to another members house, and had him trunk sit while we went grocery shopping (Thanks Mike! Sorry about your wife wanting a trunk now.) Then we went and grabbed a milkshake with the best family in Joplin, and just got home. With the hour drive each way it pays to do as much as we can every time we get into town.

Brad

Call it bad taste, call it what you want, I have been telling people about these trunks. Telling them that these trunks are shipping to Joplin, The city that was wiped out. People really seem to warm up to the idea about Joplin. They are rebuilding. People like to hear things like this, about how life goes on! I for one know ALL about it. I'm sure many others here do as well!

You think that first trunk is nice? Pffft wait till you get your eyes on this other trunk! This babies a true piece of workmanship. They don't make stuff like this anymore, anywhere in the world. Skilled craftsmanship such as that which made this other trunk just doesn't exist in our time. Really, wait till you lay your eyes on this other one!! Your wife is really gonna love trunk #2! I have not a shadow of doubt in my mind! Both handles??? 100+ years old and both handles? They just don't make quality stuff like this anymore.

Now as for shipping trunk #2. I absolutely refuse to deal with Greyhound shipping rare antiques again! Not when tracking is such a hassle. Trunk #2 will have to go with another shipper. Brads call there. I think he has a line on it already!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Please let me take a second to discuss this thread and some interesting tidbits. I at first had NO idea this would evolve as it has! I figured post some pics of what I been up to. I honestly never even considered that people would offer to buy some items here. I was actually just showing the pieces off I guess. lol you know how it goes, "Hey check out this cool looking__________ ." type of postings.

Another thing I would like to address...Meeting, or in the tech world PMing and texting and emailing, etc, people for discussion of these items has been very interesting! I get to meet all sorts of great people. People from all over the world!! We get to hear all kinds of great stories, some with sad endings, we get to talk about all kinds of really great stuff! What a Great priveledge all of it is!!

In short...Thank you VERY much Everyone, even you lurkers
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bejeezus. It can't get much easier then this...Look what showed up in the next door neighbors driveway the other day. The husband, Carl works and lives part time in California. The wife, Laurie lives next door year round. Well Carl had a house in North Carolina that they sold and inside the P.O.D. is the contents, or part of that house.
Now that's some easy pickings right there!!

Brand new, tags still on it, made in USA Harley Davidson nylon bomber style mens size L jacket!
Very nice patch with cool looking rubber 3-D accents on the back. Srry again my cam is terrible. Pic doesn't do it justice.
Brand new in box dvd/mp3 player

Matching sofa love seat combo and coffee table with end tables. All in new condition. Pics of those aren't needed IMO as those we will keep or sell locally.

Took in some kids from Azerbajaun (sp). They were totally lost, no place to stay. Nobody to help them. Sooo, me being me I offered a hand. Turned out great, they have a place and jobs now...5 days later. Talk about culture shock! These are good kids and all but pepperoni and ketchup sandwhiches? Also they are just like a typical kid, leave trash on the table, full glass of water balanced percariously on top of a $300 item, Coca-cola till the wee hours...Talk about stress.

So now that they have moved on and things have settled slightly, I may be back at it again

Edit to add. Also included were 2 beautiful matching executive desk lamps still new in box! All told probably around $500 worth of stuff!!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 06-25-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Something I picked up the other day. Previous owner had no info about it. Claimed he couldn't get it to even turn on. Gave it to me. Well one $9.00 battery and guess what. This thing is cool! Tested it last night in the bedroom and it works great! I could see everything in a pitch black room! Very cool!

Night Owl Optics night vision scope model # NOCX3

Edited to add link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nig...&hash=item3f1929c738

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 06-25-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brought the Azerbajuani kids to Goodwill and look what I found...Brand new condition, 2 controllers, all cables. Course my boy had to test it right? lol. Guess what? Now he waants to keep it! He's already playing Final Fantasy VIII.

L. L. Bean ski jacket. Brand new condition! Theres more then meets the eye with L. L. Bean products. They have a 100% lifetime warranty. If someone buys you a Bean product as a gift, and it doesn't fit and you don't have a reciept you can exchange the item for store credit or a replacement that fits. If a Bean item rips or breaks they will replace it for free, no questions asked!!

I was at a local ski resort once and found a pair of Bean ski pants at a stop sign. No BS. They must have fallen off of a car or such. Well I brought the ski pants into the Freeport Maine L.L.Bean shop and they instanlty gave me store credit lol

L.L. Bean is cracking down on second hand retailers selling their products and they require those retailers to cut the tags off or mark them with XXX's in black sharpie. This way Bean can void the warranty. This jacket has a complete, unmarked tag. Retails for $179.

At least $125 worth. Hell I'd take the $179 Bean credit and get myself a nice pair of boots!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold 4 copies of Conker 2005 Xbox game for around $100. I paid around $3 a copy. Nice Go check Ebay!

Edit first 2 I sold as a set for $42, 3rd copy sold for $25 and 4th sold for $28. Not a bad haul IMO!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-02-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
The first bid has been cast for the night vision scope! Lets see what happens, last one sold at auction for $82 IIRC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nig...&hash=item3f196d7b3d
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Hopefully Brad will be recieving shipment of the second trunk he purchased today, shipped via UPS. Remember the date on the trunk is 1909...Hope they enjoy it! I stopped at a yard sale earlier today and they had a similar trunk, both handles busted clean off and a big hole on the top. Thing was in very rough shape, I passed on it. Hopefully Brad can post a pic or two of the trunks in their new resting places!

edit...Brad texted me and guess it's probably gonna be tomorrow. Waiting is terrible, I hate it.

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-02-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Ha! Finally found a very similar item on Ebay. Doesn't have the cool Capt Morgans logo tho and mines new with instructions!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIN...&hash=item2a1b6d6d3c
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The second trunk just arrived. It was extremely well wrapped, and then placed inside a box. It is more beautiful than the pictures as he claimed.

Reminds me of a pirates chest. Heh.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The second trunk just arrived. It was extremely well wrapped, and then placed inside a box. It is more beautiful than the pictures as he claimed.

Reminds me of a pirates chest. Heh.

Brad

Yeah! Finally. That was slighlty stressful! Both handles still intact? Curious, did my makeshift lifting ropes make the trip?

Yes I was very proud of the packaging. Came out nice.

OK, Mr. your camera sucks, post some pics of your new gems please? Please? lol

I'm very glad that they went to a home that will appreciate them, I looked at some others trunks and many I'm seeing are beat to fuuuudge. One I saw looked like someone actually cut a hole in the top for some unkown dumby reason. I can picture a skill saw and a dumbby cutting lumber...dumbbies abound! hehe.

Pics man pics! Remember no pics/didn't happen. PFF rule isn't it?

This made my day!!
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah! Finally. That was slighlty stressful! Both handles still intact? Curious, did my makeshift lifting ropes make the trip?

Yes I was very proud of the packaging. Came out nice.

OK, Mr. your camera sucks, post some pics of your new gems please? Please? lol

Pics man pics! Remember no pics/didn't happen. PFF rule isn't it?

This made my day!!

Did you put the trunk in a giant box, or did UPS somewhere along the way? The handles made the trip, but they were inside a box.

Pictures will come, honest. The first thing we did was pack it to the trailer, where it joined the other trunk, and a mess of furniture against one wall. Rachel even wants pictures of this one because it's so nice she's wanting to put it on facebook.

When I say this thing is nice, I mean it's friggin awesome nice. Except for a few repair spots (looks repaired 30 years ago or so, guessed based on the cloth lid holder that looks Vietnam era, and the wheels added to the bottom. ) It's immaculate. In person it reminds me of a pirates chest. All the leather is intact, and it's just awesome. She's locking this one in the bedroom since it matches the dresser and bed so it won't see daylight for quite a few years again.

Brad
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it was totally enclosed in cardboard it wasn't me. I cut some cardboard pieces and put them on top, then wrapped the trunk with bubble wrap, then a crap ton to packing tape. If there was cardboard on the sides and bottom that must have been UPS. There was a $100 insurance so maybe they thought to cover it to protect themselves from a claim.

As for the trunk, I'm pretty sure the wheels are factory or original. Unless you have reason to believe otherwise. Please post a pic of the patch or repair, I did not see any thing like this when I inspected it. I could have missed it though. I'm no expert on antique trunks.

Now for these dealings, they are the best and most personally rewarding! Getting great items into the hands of great people, hearing how pleased they are, is what makes all the stress worthwhile!

Shippers act like we should all know each indavidual shippers methodologies. UPS charges more if its not inside cardboard, USPS can't track international packages, Fedex ground and Fedex express are not the same, you can't put items from each on anothers truck. It's all very nightmarish to keep track of.

Thank you very much for your time! Have a safe and happy Fourth of July! Please don't drink and drive!
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Phew...just got back from my best buddy Hucks house...Three garages full of box on top of box of stuff from storage lockers. His wife came out and yelled, "Are you gonna spend some money? If not get out of here!" and slammed the door. A few moments later she came back out and said, "Are you a veteren? You are? Well happy Fourth of July and TY for your service." and slammed the door again! lol I keep telling Huck that his wife must really love him to put up with all the crap in the garages! He just chuckles and scratches his head and say, "Yeah I guess so." Lol really great people!

Huck just bought a couple storage lockers. I had to speed pick as I've got other stuff to tend to. However i got some really cool items. Pics coming as time permits...

Antique clothes iron stand dated 8-16-14. That 1914!! Very cool piece that would go great with a old antique cast iron clothes iron, as a stand. Kodak No. 1A Pocket Kodak from 1928-1932 these were produced! I haven't check its operating condition but that doesn't really matter as taking pics is a mute point with it.

That above is not the tip of the iceberg today! Old school game consoles and controllers, old scool games, PS2 console, PS1 consoles times 2. Harley Davidson tractor trailer toy, two way radio wrist watches/cb set of 2 new in box, Star wars metallic impressions collector card set in tin. Box of Majic the Gathering cards, (long shot). And more stuff I can't even remember.

Oh man if i had more time I'd tear this guys garages apart! I really, really need a smart phone so I can check Ebay values while picking. As of now I have to use strictly my Level 2 intuition...hehe.

More pics as time permits! Cool wrist watch set!! Man i love digging through other peoples stuff! I'ts Awesome!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
A couple very cool Billy beers, unopened and cans are in great shape!! Someone here could probably tell the history fo this beer much better then me. Feel free to chime in if you know anything about this beer!! A brother of a certain popular former president made this beer IIRC.
Beautiful decorative plate set with real gold accents. The set was 10 different, there are 9 here. Only 1 missing. These go for money!

A plastic tub full of fun!! Consoles, controllers, cables, games! Of course my son is "testing" the PS2 and games that were in the bin...

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2-way FRS/GMRS Wristwatch radio set model # X32X-2, new in box. Side of box says, "The FCC requires GMRS operators to have a license. Application information is in the owner's manual."

Lol WTH is GMRS?

Charging them now. I'm not so sure the batteries will still be useable. We shall see. Seen some on Ebay.

I love my friend Huck! What a cool guy and the conversation is always great. The things we talk about while were parusing all his stuff. He's an old salty Jarhead. His wife is equally salty! lol Great people. Great fun!

edit for wiki link about GMRS...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...Mobile_Radio_Service

edit again, srry but wiki links says $85 application fee? LMAO! WTH?

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-05-2012).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Billy Beer is basically worthless. There are still an untold number of cases sitting in basements, and storage. People bought, and stored them back because they knew it was a rare item that would be worth money.....But so many did that it wasn't rare, and wasn't worth anything anymore. Some auction show on History had a case of them, they were able to sell the entire flat for 100 dollars, after he announced that some guy would buy him dinner if he sold it for 100 dollars.

The case was valued at 20 dollars (And they gave all the reasons why it's confused as collectable when it's not.) I can only imagine an individual can is worth very little.

Brad
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Billy Beer is basically worthless. There are still an untold number of cases sitting in basements, and storage. People bought, and stored them back because they knew it was a rare item that would be worth money.....But so many did that it wasn't rare, and wasn't worth anything anymore. Some auction show on History had a case of them, they were able to sell the entire flat for 100 dollars, after he announced that some guy would buy him dinner if he sold it for 100 dollars.

The case was valued at 20 dollars (And they gave all the reasons why it's confused as collectable when it's not.) I can only imagine an individual can is worth very little.

Brad

Phsew. Good thing I left them with my buddy Huck! Thank you very much for the info Brad!

Edit to ask... Did you ever try one? lol

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-05-2012).]

Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics of the Magic:TG cards? I may be interested if you're looking to flip 'em.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock