Started on: 09-13-2002 01:19 PM
Replies: 244 (309 views)
Last post by: andguent on 11-08-2002 04:06 PM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Expiring Ratings:

I like the idea that someone should have a second chance. I don't see many people other than trolls getting banned, but there was one member here who got banned, and yet also had people here who wanted him to stay because of his helpful advice.

Having ratings expiring now and then sounds like it is getting too complicated. It would also mean people would have to continually renew their positives for others as they expire. I wouldn't want to have to keep renewing previous ratings all the time.

If the issue is giving people a second chance toearn good ratings, how about instead of banning them initially, they are suspended for say 30-60 days or so. After the suspension period, the member would be allowed back and given a chance to stick around. He would then be banned again if he continued his antics because he would be given negatives all over again. Maybe even set it so he would get banned with fewernegatives the second time around than the first. Instead of a regular member, he would be on probation.

IP: Logged
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is Cliff's moderated forum. He can make the rules and you have the choice to abide by them or develope your own Fiero/car information forum. Once a troll always a troll. If this banned individual has such valuable information that you or others feel that you cannot live without use his e-mail address to keep in touch. For the rest of us, the forum seems so much more peaceful now the trolls aren't here.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
I'm finishing a few small things first.

I was wondering what people would think if a rating expired after a certain amount of time. So if you rated someone "negative", this would automatically change to "neutral" after, say, 60 days. That way, people with negative ratings would have a fair chance to get it back in the positives again. The drawback is that "positive" ratings would become "neutral" after a while as well.

Of course, I could also leave it as it is now.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 10-02-2002).]

I am glad the trolls are gone too. I'm not trying to run anybodys forum, but figured Cliff was looking for opinions on the idea of having ratings expired, since he was "wondering what people think." Jeez.

gt boy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt boySend a Private Message to gt boyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks Fformula88...right back at you!
andguent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andguentClick Here to visit andguent's HomePageSend a Private Message to andguentEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a new rating idea. Atleast, I think its new.

After the personal viewing of your own rating thing is setup. Maybe on the same page as that, show the threads you were rated from. IE: If rated negativly, you atleast know which thread your problematic post was on.

I think this would address the issue of knowing what someone did to deserve a negative rating. It also prevents the rater from sending anonymous (possibly harrasing?) messages to the rate-e. I assume anonymous harrassing messages is the big problem with the previous anonymous feedback ideas.

------------------
Most comments are opinion of the author and are fair targets for corrections/critisim. :P

Andrew

White86SEV6Auto
Pic URL edited because US image server is down (check announcements)

[This message has been edited by andguent (edited 11-10-2002).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock