New Rating System! by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 09-13-2002 01:19 PM
Replies: 244 (308 views)
Last post by: andguent on 11-08-2002 04:06 PM
wingman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliff when i try to rate someone i get this:
I'm sorry, but you can only rate a person if you have been a member for at least 30 days, and have at least 30 posts.

Close This Window
but ive been on for about 2 months,and have more than 150 posts.
did i do something wrong when trying to rate?

IP: Logged
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wingman:
did i do something wrong when trying to rate?

I don't think so. Let me check the program real quick. brb

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i really dont think i deserve the rating I have. Ive never done anything to anyone. And to get booted off here. well Ill just be back. I kinda need what ever help with my V-6 swap that i can get. Plus I enjoy seeing other Fieros. and what not.

------------------
Fierokid's baby:
V-6 Swap 1987 Blue Fiero sport coupe
AIM: Fierokid87

Lady Pegasus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady PegasusSend a Private Message to Lady PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first, I was like, This is neat. Then, I got a negative rating. That's when I started to think this thing was not so cool. But then, I thought about it, and thought about it. I decided....Who Cares? I mean, yeah, I obviously WANT positive ratings. But come on, only a HANDFUL of the 6000 members on here know me on a first hand basis. And even then, what should REALLY matter to me is what I think of myself.
Phew. Sorry. I just had to preach a little. I STILL LOVE YOU GUYS! Ha.

Paula

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i dont think its a good idea. Some people are gonna try to boot people off the forum. people like me who dont really deserve it.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wingman, you should be able to rate someone now.

Fierokid87, so you got a few negative ratings. C'est la vie.

Paula, if it makes you feel better, you can give me a negative rating so you will not be alone.

Seriously folks, what did you expect? That everybody likes you? That whatever you said was candy to peoples ears (and who are those people that put candy in their ears)? Some people like you, some don't. I'll get my share of negative ratings also. It happens. Just stay out of trouble and you'll be fine. If anything, this rating system is a wake-up call.

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah but i think some people may actually chose and pick who they dont want so they will try to run up peoples negative ratings so that person wont be here anymore. Even if they never did anything wrong.
Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to see my rating

party on..

JM

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at it this way. Say a person has a neutral or positive rating. He/she gets involved in a heated discussion, & just won't let it go. Members may start placing negative ratings on the member & that member's bar will begin to go to the red side. He/she should know then to clean-up their act so to speak or risk reaching a threshold that could include banning. It's an indicator of how we are percieved by the membership at large, not a popularity contest IMO. As I understand it, it's a dynamic thing-what got a member in hot water one day could be offset the next day by a positive contribution to the Fiero community here on PFF. And I dis-agree about ppl only remembering negative things. By & large, we are predominatly a mature & well intentioned bunch, with each of us occassionally slipping in the mud of stupidity. Hey, if it happens,-you see your bar turning red-it's time to fold your cards for that hand, even if you think you are in the right, make up for it, forget it & go forward the wiser. I urge each of us to forget past quarrels & start afresh. just my 2 cents
(pasted this from my post in OT, since I'm a slow typist & was posting at the same time Cliff was closing that thread)
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:
yeah but i think some people may actually chose and pick who they dont want so they will try to run up peoples negative ratings so that person wont be here anymore. Even if they never did anything wrong.

People need to gang up on you to do that (one person cannot do that). And if people gang up on you, well, then you must have done something to seriously pee them off.

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have no act to clean up. Ive been here for almost 3 years now. I have not dont anything to anyone. Heck Ive given everyone a positive vote cuzz i have nothing against anyone here.
PFF
System Bot
Tagueule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TagueuleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see the +\- breakdown.
Black86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black86SESend a Private Message to Black86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that maybe insteas of banning people, put them on either suspension for a certain period of time and then if they come back and keep doing the same crap, then ban them. Or instead of banning put them on "review." I know the review thing would take up too much time, but it is just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work.

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff:

First off, I think this is a genius feature. Forum really will police itself now, and you can remove 'Ban <*!>' from your email filters )

I like it pretty much as is, don't care too much if we see pos/neg or total counts, but...

Brainwave! Let's make it a *little* harder to leave negatives? Keep it anonymous, but add a 'reason' field (heck, add that for posatives too. I'd put in yours "Would vote for Cliff For President of US" for example. Or "You rule" or "Loved your comments in the <blah blah> thread.") but make it optional for posatives (good cheer should always be easier to spread than bad!

What do you think? Implimentation might be a pain, but the reasons behind negs might acutally help self-police more. Say I get "stop being an elitist" or "you're a dick" or something? I'll at least know what's annoying people, and can make a decison to STOP it, or keep going...

Fierokid, I remenber you from when I signed up, and you've always been supportful of others in my expierence, so I hope you appricate some un-asked-for-advice...

Dude, STOP whineing, it's annoying(and building you a neg rating!). This should be an obvious chain of events... Just suck it up, I've got a few negs, but my bar is green, so so what? (that's how you started out, then you started complaining all the time, nobody likes that. Now your in the red. STOP and start contributing again and see how many reverse? ;D)

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tagueule:
I wanna see the +\- breakdown.

Me too. I'm as color blind as they come-to me the background here on PFF is bright green, even tho I've read several times that it's blue. The bar at the bottom of this reply box is sky blue to me, but Jane tells me it's dark blue. Guess I better be extra nice
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I have no act to clean up. Ive been here for almost 3 years now. I have not dont anything to anyone. Heck Ive given everyone a positive vote cuzz i have nothing against anyone here.

The system itself just showed you you have nothing to worry about when you get a few negative ratings. Only 3 more people have rated you now and all of a sudden the bar has shifted to the green. That's the way it works. If there aren't many ratings, a single vote can have a huge effect on the bar, but over time, when you have collected more ratings, it stabilizes itself.

Edited for spelling. Can't spell worth sh.. at 3:20am

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 09-13-2002).]

FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

I like this idea, very ingenious. It should definately help you in moderating the forum.

Earl R.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lady Pegasus:
At first, I was like, This is neat. Then, I got a negative rating. That's when I started to think this thing was not so cool.

Paula

I rated you positive, and I don't even know you personally but you have been nothing but nice in the posts I have seen you in.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
but you have been nothing but nice in the posts I have seen you in.

<cue violins>

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting idea... Hope it works out. As for every new idea, there are the good and bad sides to it. Hopefully it will tone down some of the negativity I've noticed these past few months from certain members. This forum is priceless. I had no idea it existed until I stumbled upon it accidentally. Now, I try to visit everyday. Abuse of this system is the only thing I see may go wrong. For the most part, the PFF community is friendly, honest, and helpful... all of which are attributes that have made the forum something I am proud to be a part of. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by BlueGT (edited 09-13-2002).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmmm.... ok so can we like campaign?

Just kidding...... I'm really just posting to this thread so I can see what my rating is.

Just kidding, I'm posting to this thread because I think this is a wonderful idea.... Also I wanted everyone reading this thread to know that I already voted for you....

Just kidding....etc. etc.

PFF
System Bot
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, your a real hoot at times!

btw, I'm just posting to see if anyone has voted for me recently...

as for negatives, i think that most of the people that would bestow those upon yours truely, have already been hauled away to the looney bin anyway, so i don't feel i have much to worry about... other than rae.. er gael... er white86coupe may or may not think of me, but then who cares.

ill shut up now. peace and love

------------------
hoop
Red
'86 GT
5 speed
Borla Exhaust
Eibach's/Poly/Kyb's

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
Which undoubtedly harvests a few more negative ratings.

LOL...

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com www.CFOG-I.org

RedGTFieroKCMO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RedGTFieroKCMOSend a Private Message to RedGTFieroKCMOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This forum is swell.

C.P...I rated myself and the # didn't increase/decrease. I tried doing a manual flush of cache but still don't see anything.

[This message has been edited by RedGTFieroKCMO (edited 09-13-2002).]

schism

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2002 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for schismSend a Private Message to schismEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where there's a username there's a way

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8L, TH440 OD Tranny , Ported plenum ,intake,manifolds , Throttlebody, flowmaster muffler,15" American Racing rim's,Complete engine gasket overhaul..

schism

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2002 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for schismSend a Private Message to schismEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

schism

547 posts
Member since Jun 2002
the color red rocks , bring more!!!!!
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, are you going to add the rating to the "user profile" or the inbox so we can see an up-to-date rating?

I kinda want to see the #s, but then again...maybe I don't

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by schism:
the color red rocks , bring more!!!!!

the night is still young, mr. schism. heh..

and ben: stop being an elitist!

------------------
steve@digitalfusion.on.ca

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff, that's awesome! I gave you a + for the rating system :P

I wonder how many people have rated themselves negative

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome new feature!!!

Bryce
88 GT

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol

Originally posted by DaRkLoRD:

and ben: stop being an elitist!

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again Cliff takes this forum up another notch over all the other ones out there!

Excellent idea Cliff, like I said in the chat room earlier, if people use this option the way it was intented to be used, the bad seeds will weed themselves out.

schism

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for schismSend a Private Message to schismEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OHHHHHHH IS THAT A THREAT??????????? WWOAHHHHH BETTER WATCH MYSLEF NOW , IM IN RED HAHHAHAA.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8L, TH440 OD Tranny , Ported plenum ,intake,manifolds , Throttlebody, flowmaster muffler,15" American Racing rim's,Complete engine gasket overhaul..

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
um.. no.. it was a humorous response to what you said.

------------------

schism

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for schismSend a Private Message to schismEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

um.. no.. it was a humorous response to what you said.

o ok :P

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet idea... Love it... Love it....

------------------
Justin C.
87 GT, 350 V8, 4:10 4spd ???HP
Ported/Polished/Balanced/Blueprinted
Holley 650 Double Pump / GearDrive
Mobile Electronics Certified Professional - MECP Master Installer
MCP, MCSE+I, A+, NNCE.
Engineer, Designer and Technical Trainer for Nortel Networks Business Products.

jesterfox'

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jesterfox'Send a Private Message to jesterfox'Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fascinating, I go to read some of my favorite internet reading material.. and find out that I am now in the middle of a popularity contest with a buch of people on the internet.

I was going to ask everyone to vote negatively for me, that way I wouldnt get my feelings hurt when someone did what I had asked... but come to find out that this could get me banned.

So I guess I have no choice but to participate in this complicated contest of online charisma. I just hope that I dont have to stroke anyone's ego just to get a possitive rating. I really dont care for people who exhibit symptoms of insecurity by lashing out at those who contradict their self image.

Dont get me started with Violation of Reality... It seems that as soon as you say its possible that the world is round, someone is going to want to dislike you because your existance is contradictory to what they think reality is... I could go on about that for hours.

Maybe I should get campaign poster that have a small Fiero calendar on the bottom with some nice pics on it, and have a full blown campaign effort. I think that if I were sending out free posters it would get me a vote. Thats what most American Politicians figure anyhow.

Vote jesterfox' For Popular Guy today!

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, isn't this a novel idea
It will be interesting to see how this goes in the first week or so.

Cliff, if I eat a lot of green M&M's, what will that do for my bar rating

Steve

------------------

http://kelleyfamilyfieros.50megs.com

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
Cliff, if I eat a lot of green M&M's, what will that do for my bar rating

that much green food coloring would affect something, but it wouldn't be the forum rating..

------------------

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VERY good idea! i approve...as long as nobody rates me bad...*glances around nervously*

------------------
AOL - i am RATDOG

http://members.cox.net/rynelson85/

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave