Started on: 12-02-2010 02:31 AM
Replies: 462 (24073 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 08-29-2022 04:24 AM
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just made a webpage to show/list the parts I make & the ones I'm working on. If you're interested you can PM me or email me at ImThaDriver at yahoo. If you want some of the ones I'm working on, get in touch & I'll try to fast-track the production.
http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass.html
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

P.S. Yeah & I forgot to check the box to send me emails whenever someone posts here.

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 09-16-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gota say paul i have always been impressed with your work. i wanted to do the door pannels you make but i had no idea how i was going to delete the trim molding all the way around the car.. keep up the good work.
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just subscribe to the topic. You'll get emails.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:

Just subscribe to the topic. You'll get emails.

OK thanks. Never used that function before so I don't think about it.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I gota say paul i have always been impressed with your work. i wanted to do the door pannels you make but i had no idea how i was going to delete the trim molding all the way around the car.. keep up the good work.

Well you buy fiberglass 1/4s with scoops & mold them in, Then buy bumpers without moldings. Then all you have to do is fill in the grooves on the fenders. Actually, I plan to make fenders sans groove too, but they are down on the list & complicated to make the molds so I didn't put them on the page yet.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Well you buy fiberglass 1/4s with scoops & mold them in, Then buy bumpers without moldings. Then all you have to do is fill in the grooves on the fenders. Actually, I plan to make fenders sans groove too, but they are down on the list & complicated to make the molds so I didn't put them on the page yet.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

True but i refuse to remove the archie rockers i have. Any plans for a concept of them?

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

True but i refuse to remove the archie rockers i have. Any plans for a concept of them?

No, but they're fiberglass so it's easy to add to them to cover up the molding grooves on the fenders & 1/4s. Personally I don't care for them, as they look like something that bolts on & sticks out & don't follow any of the lines of the car. Kinda ricerish.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm digging the door panels without the molding.

NICE WORK!!!
Srowe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SroweSend a Private Message to SroweEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might be looking to get the hood vent, pm me, thanks!
Brian T. Brown

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian T. BrownSend a Private Message to Brian T. BrownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice parts. This spring I will be needing to buy some of your parts.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you make some door skins with the molding features but without the door handle pockets or mirror cutout? Or would I be better off to get your door skins as is and modify them to my liking?
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Could you make some door skins with the molding features but without the door handle pockets or mirror cutout? Or would I be better off to get your door skins as is and modify them to my liking?

I'd have to make all new molds from scratch. If you're keeping the moldings, then these door skins would be very difficult to add those to. I do make them with the mirror hole covered, but a little rough (a little bondo would be all that's needed there to smooth them out). If you want to eliminate the door handles, you could just cut out the indentions & glass over the holes.
It is possible in the future I could add the molding indentions to the molds on a temporary basis to make panels with the molding groove.
Of course, I can do anything you want for enough money...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's a question: What kind of moldings are you going to use if you eliminate the door handle? Aftermarket? ('cause there are no originals long enough to cover the whole door)
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's a question: What kind of moldings are you going to use if you eliminate the door handle? Aftermarket? ('cause there are no originals long enough to cover the whole door)
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Well, I was going to have you make me a set out of fiberglass of course

Honestly, I was thinking that the end result would be a door panel with the moldings bonded to it permanently. That's what I meant by "molding features" but I see that wasn't the most clear way to state it now.

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An air dam. Do u any pics?

I'm looking at buying your doors and scoop but I'm the same in order to make it one purchase.

The riv
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I was going to have you make me a set out of fiberglass of course

Honestly, I was thinking that the end result would be a door panel with the moldings bonded to it permanently. That's what I meant by "molding features" but I see that wasn't the most clear way to state it now.

I see. It wouldn't be too hard to make a full length molding, but it *would* take a little time. Then of course I'd have to add in the groove when I made the skins to bond the molding too...
That would take some total time & it really would be better to just eliminate them on the car.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

An air dam. Do u any pics?

I'm looking at buying your doors and scoop but I'm the same in order to make it one purchase.

The riv

No pics. Just getting started on it & it will be a while before It'll be ready for pics, much less to make the part. I *do* want to make it as soon as possible (as with all my parts: for one of my cars), but I have a lot of other work to do right now.
If you want the doors & scoop & buy them soon, that will give me a little money to buy materials with & a little more free time to work on it. Shipping would have to be done separately, anyway, because of the differences in size & shape of the doors & an air dam.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just uploaded a photo of the hood vent on Boomtastic's car - which is a tease (sneak preview) of the trick paintjob I'm putting on it.
Also, started working on headlight doors with Angel vents. Photo of that coming soon.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics under the hood, showing the area that needs to be cut, and what it looks like. Also, do you have to relocate the overflow bottle when you do this?

Thanks

Rob
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen a lot of Paul's work, and done business with him in the past. His work is second to none, and he is very fair and easy to work with! If I had the funds, Id be all over some smoothie door panels!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Any pics under the hood, showing the area that needs to be cut, and what it looks like. Also, do you have to relocate the overflow bottle when you do this?

Thanks

Rob

I haven't finished that out yet; will take pics when I do. Yes the overflow is just slightly in the way.
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just updated the page with new photos of the notchie decklid/scoop, & photos of the newest item - Angel Vent Headlight Doors.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the headlight doors, Paul. Any idea what kind of price you will be looking at for them?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Love the headlight doors, Paul. Any idea what kind of price you will be looking at for them?

Not sure yet. They will be time consuming to make, if folks want bolt-on parts. There would be 3 parts to each door, glassed together & then the opening will have to be cut out. Just uncut skins would be a lot cheaper, but you'd have to separate the inside pieces from your doors & bond to my skins (not hard to do, though), and cut the opening. Could probably make both skins for $125.
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM!
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't finished that out yet; will take pics when I do. Yes the overflow is just slightly in the way.

Really like this. Can't wait to see the bottom of the hood, and the area that gets cut in front of the radiator. Do you provide a template or some direction on where to make the cuts in the hood?

Also, ive used SMG in the past for body work, what do you use to bond the panel to the hood after the cut. I don't want any cracking issues i the future.

Thanks again.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 12-13-2010).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really like this. Can't wait to see the bottom of the hood, and the area that gets cut in front of the radiator. Do you provide a template or some direction on where to make the cuts in the hood?

Also, ive used SMG in the past for body work, what do you use to bond the panel to the hood after the cut. I don't want any cracking issues i the future.

Thanks again.

Rob

I had a file that I had made with complete instructions, but can't find it after several harddrive failures due to the crappy electricity here (yes I have a UPS - several of them & NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER WORKED!!!). I can always write/make another one.
You use SMC adhesive/filler (Vette panel adhesive/filler) to bond everything together. It's a lot of work, especially if you want the bottom of the hood smooth, so I'm thinking about making the whole hood.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had a file that I had made with complete instructions, but can't find it after several harddrive failures due to the crappy electricity here (yes I have a UPS - several of them & NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER WORKED!!!). I can always write/make another one.
You use SMC adhesive/filler (Vette panel adhesive/filler) to bond everything together. It's a lot of work, especially if you want the bottom of the hood smooth, so I'm thinking about making the whole hood.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

The work is the fun part :-)

Just looking to see what you have done before. I grafted a set of TA fender scoops to a set of fenders. Lots of work to get it perfect, I used SMG and Featherlight bondo to finish it up. Love the SMG stuff, it really works well. For the hood, I figure i'd cut the hood about 1/4" inch smaller than the scoop, then use a dremel tool to "cut back" the top layer 1/4" inch so that the scoop was "recessed" into the hood. Then use the SMG to bond it, featherlight to finish up. More worried about where to put the hole. You only get one chance at it. I'd want to scoop to be as close to the radiator as possible.

Again, I love the scoop, and plan to get one after Xmas. (have to take care of the family first).

Rob
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The work is the fun part :-)

Just looking to see what you have done before. I grafted a set of TA fender scoops to a set of fenders. Lots of work to get it perfect, I used SMG and Featherlight bondo to finish it up. Love the SMG stuff, it really works well. For the hood, I figure i'd cut the hood about 1/4" inch smaller than the scoop, then use a dremel tool to "cut back" the top layer 1/4" inch so that the scoop was "recessed" into the hood. Then use the SMG to bond it, featherlight to finish up. More worried about where to put the hole. You only get one chance at it. I'd want to scoop to be as close to the radiator as possible.

Again, I love the scoop, and plan to get one after Xmas. (have to take care of the family first).

Rob

If you want to see what I'm working on & have done (well some of it), here are a few links:
http://angelonearth.net/BMW.html (Made the 'glass bumpers & put in Z car hood vents & of course did the paint)
http://angelonearth.net/VW.html (The SBC powered Fiero running gear VW Cabriolet)
http://angelonearth.net/pickup.html (my Dodge pickup)
http://angelonearth.net/photo.html (photo album on my homepage)
http://angelonearth.net/me.html (my other Cabriolet (now sold) & my street baja & a rail buggy)
http://angelonearth.net/carparts/ (ZX at bottom - now sold)
http://angelonearth.net/Frank.html (FrankenDolly & Godzilla dolly)
And there's the custom Fiero in this thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061103.html
It's the black & primer car about halfway down the page.

I'm not familiar with the "SMG".
But what you do with the scoop, is cut out a hole that it fits in, & use the piece you cut out to make bonding strips to go under both parts to bond it all together.
I used to love the work myself, but I'm getting too old for this shtuff. I do still love doing it when it's something creative (I'm an artist).
I put the TA fender vents in Boomtastic's car too. He brought them along with the car - they're the original plastic parts so I used the SEM flexweld to bond them in from behind & then finished them out. It was easy. I pulled molds from them, but plan to enlarge them for my car & to sell. There'll be pics of Boomtastic's car available soon, once I get it buffed & put together. (It's the one on my fiberglass page with the hood vent & wild paint).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, meant SMC

http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=18

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 12-15-2010).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, meant SMC

http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=18

Rob

That should be fine; I use part # 870
http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=469.0

PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Someone is sending me a "D-max" style (also made by "Driven Visions") decklid vent/louver to re-make & pull molds, so that will be available too. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/046865.html
Can use some cash for materials, so if anyone wants anything please email, PM, or call me.
You can email me at ImThaDriver at yahoo.
706-789-3955 Best time to call is in the evening, around 6 pm to midnight eastern time.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not forgot about you. Your scoop is the last thing on my mod list. I just have to watch my $$ now. I hope to have a few bucks soon.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work as always Paul.
D.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Nice work as always Paul.
D.

Thanks Dean,
Are you making a lip spoiler for the fastback decklid? I had someone asking about one, & I told him I thought you might be making them. I think my whale tail is going to be too radical for him...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

I child proofed the house, but they got in anyway.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Dean,
Are you making a lip spoiler for the fastback decklid? I had someone asking about one, & I told him I thought you might be making them. I think my whale tail is going to be too radical for him...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

I child proofed the house, but they got in anyway.

yes that is one of the parts I will be making.
D.

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just updated the Custom Fiberglass Parts webpage with new photos of the progress on the headlight covers & fender vents:
Got the mold release so I've been able to make a lot of progress:
Pulled the molds for the covers & made the plugs for the inner pieces.
Made Firebird fender vents & enlarged them & installed in Fiero fenders. Now ready to sand smooth & pull molds.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 04-04-2011).]

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul what is the price for the fender vents?

The Riv
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any desire to make a hood vent like this one? This is by far my favorite hood vent The ONLY thing I thing I would change would be to make the opening about 1-1.5" smaller; keep the same width, just not as tall; which would make it not a deep...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 04-04-2011).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALJR

3765 posts
Member since Jul 2009

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Paul what is the price for the fender vents?

The Riv

Yes, price? any pics of them installed?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay