Started on: 12-02-2010 02:31 AM
Replies: 462 (24084 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 08-29-2022 04:24 AM
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2017 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RumbleB:

Do you have plans to make any bubble fenders panels? Not sure on the correct term. The panel to bulge the rear fenders out for fatter tires.

No, don't plan to make any flares or "widebody" parts at this time. I would like to make some fender 'bulges' (humps over the fenders) at some point in time, but I'm super busy right now & it will be a while before I have time to make them.
I DO have molds now for "taillight fillers" to use notchback taillights on a fastback clip, but haven't added them to my website or even let folks know about them yet (until now ;-).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
IP: Logged
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2018 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

I DO have molds now for "taillight fillers" to use notchback taillights on a fastback clip, but haven't added them to my website or even let folks know about them yet (until now ;-).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Ok - not sure how THIS got overlooked - but more details please!! Pics? Sounds VERY interesting.....
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2018 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:
Ok - not sure how THIS got overlooked - but more details please!! Pics? Sounds VERY interesting.....

A couple of pics of the (almost finished) prototype & a little more info can be found here: http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/...34.msg29815#msg29815
The "kit" will include the two end caps for the fastback clip & the filler for the decklid.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone bought your fastback louvers? What do they look like installed?
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im wanting to find out about the parts that I paid for, do you have any information as to when it will go out and/or the arrival time frame?
I would also like to order another set of front and rear fender and rear quarter vents.
Will you please respond to me so I can know about the shipment and the other parts I am interested in?
My email is handymanpat926@yahoo.com
Thanks pat

------------------
pat moody

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by handymanpat:

Im wanting to find out about the parts that I paid for, do you have any information as to when it will go out and/or the arrival time frame?
I would also like to order another set of front and rear fender and rear quarter vents.
Will you please respond to me so I can know about the shipment and the other parts I am interested in?
Thanks pat

Man, you haven't had good luck with vendors on here....however, I'm sure Paul will respond to you.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-11-2018).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by handymanpat:

Thanks pat

My helper/friend was supposed to mail the tank Saturday. I haven't emailed you because I wanted to verify that he did, but my new phone on "GreatCall" (they use the verizon network) has not had a signal every time I tried it. I'll let you know more when I can get in touch with him.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great news! I have the car lifted into the air and am just waiting on it before I lower it down into the engine and cradle.
I am still wanting to purchase the set of 4 side vents just like I did for the other car.
Thank you for getting back to me. If it is better to contact you here I will. I do not even know if you have gotten my emails over the last couple weeks.
Of there is a number to reach you at that would be so much easier.
Thanks Pat

------------------
pat moody

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The package came today! Thanks for the great parts and for the super good packaging. It was perfect timing for me to work on the car this weekend!
Thanks again, Pat

------------------
pat moody

pcar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcarSend a Private Message to pcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the hood vent, looks good Paul. Pleasure doing business with you!
Eric
PFF
System Bot
klancour

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for klancourSend a Private Message to klancourEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Super great guy to deal with and a quality product. The "hood scoop" was the final piece of the puzzle for the V8 not fitting under the trunk lid. Thanks!
Internet-man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2022 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interested in ordering the Fastback Angel Louver PN FBL4001. Emailed a couple of times but didn't hear back so I wanted to reach out here, too. Hope everything is going well!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2022 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He probably doesn't check email on a daily basis.
I'm not sure that he is making parts at this time. He was on hiatus, due to production/health issues. I hope that's no longer the case. I'll try to flag him on our club forum, too.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-25-2022).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2022 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll give him a call and let him know, too. He still has the health problem and it's creating a lot of pain for him.
Internet-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2022 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

He probably doesn't check email on a daily basis.
I'm not sure that he is making parts at this time. He was on hiatus, due to production/health issues. I hope that's no longer the case. I'll try to flag him on our club forum, too.

I messaged him about a week ago, I think. Wow hope he's OK. Him and Jim both sick now and RD selling his business. Some of the old timers are fading away.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2022 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Internet-man:

I messaged him about a week ago, I think. Wow hope he's OK. Him and Jim both sick now and RD selling his business. Some of the old timers are fading away.

Hi Guys & gals,
1) Internet-man I didn't get your PM... But the Fastback Angel Louver PN FBL4001 will not be available for a while at least because of (see below), plus shipping has gone off the charts on large parts. The last one I made cost - with some additional parts that added very little to the weight & size - $220 to ship.
2) PFF quit working for me in my Ubuntu when Cliff went to HTTPS - I only access it once a month when I pay my bills (their websites don't work on my Ubuntu either).
3) I've been suffering from Shingles for about TEN months now. After the first month the rash/blisters started to heal, but the waves of stabbing pain are still persisting. It's STILL bad enough to keep me from working. The doctors don't care & refuse to prescribe any pain pills that work. So no, I'm not "OK", but I'm still here & hanging on. I do feel like I'm "fading away"...
If you had chicken pox as a kid, GET THE SHINGLES VACCINE NOW!!! I'm telling you it's a hundred times worse than people make it out to be. It's absolutely BRUTAL!
4) I've been working through the pain as much as I can, to fill the orders that came in just before Shingles hit. Also my customer's cars that have been here long before that. They are priority at this time. So I'm not taking any new orders right now.
5) Having said that, I do have some hood vents that I've made that are available; some folks have emailed me & want one so they'll be first on the list. I think I do have 1 or 2 extra STM hood vents.
6) I do check my email, but I've been really lame about answering because the waves of pain get worse & I just put it off. I'll try to get to everyone ASAP.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 07-08-2022).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2022 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK thanks. Never used that function before so I don't think about it.

Do you make the center council?
Thanks,
kevinsullivan@frontier.com
Kevin
916-600-6482
Internet-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2022 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been suffering from Shingles for about TEN months now. After the first month the rash/blisters started to heal, but the waves of stabbing pain are still persisting. It's STILL bad enough to keep me from working. The doctors don't care & refuse to prescribe any pain pills that work. So no, I'm not "OK", but I'm still here & hanging on. I do feel like I'm "fading away"...
If you had chicken pox as a kid, GET THE SHINGLES VACCINE NOW!!! I'm telling you it's a hundred times worse than people make it out to be. It's absolutely BRUTAL!

I read an autobiography by a guy who went through having shingles after having had cancer. The way he talked; it sounds intensely painful. Yea, Brutal. I hope you get better quickly and not just so I can get one of those awesome deck lid vents lol
Yea it's sad man. There's a generation of guys phasing out of the garage-boutique Fiero business. Hope us younger guys can keep it going.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2022 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Internet-man:

There's a generation of guys phasing out of the garage-boutique Fiero business. Hope us younger guys can keep it going.

I thought about this the other day. It seems anyone who starts to make Fiero parts ends up with health issues. Almost the "Curse of the Fiero".

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-10-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2022 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
It seems anyone who starts to make Fiero parts ends up with health issues. Almost the "Curse of the Fiero".

Not likely related to the shingles, but maybe other stuff. Might it be possible that it's some of the chemicals involved? Just a thought. (Since Paul answered, I don't consider this a hijack. But I'll back out if he wants.)
Feel better, Paul. I might need some goodies when you recover.
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2022 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Not likely related to the shingles, but maybe other stuff. Might it be possible that it's some of the chemicals involved? Just a thought. (Since Paul answered, I don't consider this a hijack. But I'll back out if he wants.)
Feel better, Paul. I might need some goodies when you recover.

You're always welcome to make any comments in any of my threads.
I think mostly it's us old farts that are making parts, so that contributes to our ailments.
It's been about a year. Still suffering daily with sharp stabbing pains in my chest. If you had chicken pox as a kid, GET THE SHINGLES VACCINE NOW!
Paul
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2022 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by kevin:

Do you make the center council?
Thanks,
kevinsullivan@frontier.com
Kevin
916-600-6482

No, sorry.
Paul