Started on: 12-02-2010 02:31 AM
Replies: 462 (24083 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 08-29-2022 04:24 AM
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ang84Indy:

I'm interested in your hood scoop version 2.0. Do you have an idea of the cost?

Tentatively, $170 shipped in the continental United States. Once I'm producing them the price could go down a few bucks, if it turns out they're easier to lay up than the original one (& if you want to cut it out yourself). There are 4 people on the list to contact when I'm making them (which will be soon). Anyone pre-ordering (as in paid for ;-) will be moved to the top of the list. I have new photos of it on the new website & am just about ready to upload it. It's almost ready to pull the mold, so it won't be long before they're in production.
Thank you,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
IP: Logged
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new website is up! There is a new URL - http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass/ - but the old link has a redirect for those that bookmarked it.
Old link: http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass.html
In fact, I'd appreciate it if a few folks would check back with me on a few things, since I don't have all my computers hooked up for testing: Go to the old link.
1) Did the redirect work?
2) Did the page display properly?
3) Did the photo script open in a trick little window when you clicked on a thumbnail?
4) What about scrollbar colors? I added some in but have no idea how they look since my Firefox doesn't show them & my Opera has custom ones & my I.E. is too old & micros*t won't let you download any browser except the ones that only work with the newer operating systems & won't work with mine.
5) What did you think of the site? Easy to navigate? Everything clear to understand (downloads & such)? Look good?
Please tell me your operating system, browser (& version), & perhaps your screen resolution.
THANKS!
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul
i just checked the site. everything worked perfectly and the colors look great...but the scroll bar colors are rather light until you click on them to scroll then they darken to a bluish color. i run windows xp on an old dell desk top with a pentium 4 (since my lap top got a bad (window restor) virus. internet explorer i think version 7 or 8 and my resolution is 1024 by 768.
btw the angel hoodvent #2 looks great.
al
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

Paul
i just checked the site. everything worked perfectly and the colors look great...but the scroll bar colors are rather light until you click on them to scroll then they darken to a bluish color. i run windows xp on an old dell desk top with a pentium 4 (since my lap top got a bad (window restor) virus. internet explorer i think version 7 or 8 and my resolution is 1024 by 768.
al

Thanks Al,
I just thought of a way to check it on my laptop (of which I have no way of going online) & in XP & I.E. 8 the scrollbars still didn't display the colors. I don't get it it's supposed to work in all later versions of I.E. I also had to click on an option to allow the simple javascripts to work (the ones that rollover the animated buttons & the arrows & write in my email address). Sheesh... Freakin' mickeysoft...
I guess I should just delete the scrollbar colors until I can find a way to check them myself.
Did the Home button animate for you & did the email address display on the bottom of the intro page (& the menu)?
Thanks again,
Paul
Bill-Cotter

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill-CotterSend a Private Message to Bill-CotterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul;

PM and a bump.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Paul
al

Just uploaded new scrollbar colors....
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea,
home button and email both ok.
nice color on scroll button.
al
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2011 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yea,
home button and email both ok.
nice color on scroll button.
al

Thanks again Al.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just uploaded photos of the new hood vent (first one out of the mold). Also an "idea sheet" of ways to cut out the louver.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friend suggested that I make a "reverse chop-top" kit. Door panels that cover more of the side window (& meet the front fenders), 1/4 panel extensions to match, & shorter sail windows. Of course, that would require inner door panel extensions similar to the Mera. All that could add up to a fairly costly kit, but it WOULD be a LOT cheaper than a chop-top & be a LOT easier to install - & look great. It would also cure another thing I don't care for on the Fiero: the dis-proportionate look of the body side panels (the area above the belt molding is too small compared to the area below the molding).
Any interest in that?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 05-09-2011).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Popped the mold off of the Notchie decklid w/scoop today. Started working on the inner structure to make the mold for it.
Also laid up another louver to bond to a Notchie decklid for the next part. No photos yet...
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006
OOPS...

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 05-10-2011).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
paul,
quick question ( and a free bump)on your site hood vent v2 appears to be offered in a full hood. are those new hoods you make or modified used hoods?
thanks
al
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They will be completely new hoods. I'll make both the skin & inner structure, & bond them together (a lot better than the factory did!). Everything will bolt up just like the factory hood, but it will be lighter.
I haven't made the full mold(s) yet, but I plan to later this week or next week.
EDIT: Once I'm making the parts I'll put up photos of both sides (top & bottom).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 05-17-2011).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006
BTW: if anyone has old busted up hoods & decklids I can use the metal parts out of them. I can't pay much ('cause these parts already take so much of my time & materials & I'm trying to keep the price down), but they're worth a few bucks so that I don't have to fabricate them for the parts I make. I'm talking about all the bolt mounting plates & the steel plate from around the latch. You have to split them apart & drill out the rivets to get them out... (or just break them out of the 'glass & I'll drill out the rivets later)
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I now have the "Angel Louver" Notchie decklid ready for final sanding & laying up the mold. Photos on the website.
Who wants one?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul, have not forgot about you. Still waiting for Paybucks to move my money. I'll check in with you Sat/Sun if its moved.

Rob
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recieved my mold in fender vents they look pretty good. thanks
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

Recieved my mold in fender vents they look pretty good. thanks

Pretty good?
Pos. feedback left.
Thanks,
Paul
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notch louver vents looks great Paul.

The Riv
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Paul, have not forgot about you. Still waiting for Paybucks to move my money. I'll check in with you Sat/Sun if its moved.

Rob

Yep paypunks will keep your money for as long as they can. You always have to jump through their hoops to get it. They make millions off of the interest on YOUR money - why would they do something like give it to YOU?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

I am VERY interested! But buying something sight-unseen is a bit risky...
Do you have a link to how your other hood vent is installed? I assume this one would have "basically" the same installation process. I duno how/where the vent would situate on the underside, but I do NOT want to have to modify my front compartment or its seal; that would be a deal breaker for me...

Below is a photophop w/ slightly smaller (and not quite as deep) vents

I started a little experiment on making these. I found that, in order to NOT have to cut any of the sheetmetal, the opening will have to be only about 1 1/4" (similar to the photochop above) & the vents will blend in to "flat" about the middle of the hood (dis-similar to the chop). Any interested parties (I may PM folks that have expressed interest) that want to see a couple photos I'll be glad to send them via email.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 06-04-2011).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am VERY interested! I would like a very firm sale price before I commit 100%... Also, I really hate to commit 100% w/o seeing an actual product. If it is nearly exactly like my photo-shoped image above, then I would be in at 99% sight unseen (pending price)...

If I understand your comments above, the indentation for the scoops will NOT stretch as far back; only stretch back as far as mid-point on the hood? I do not think that would be a problem for me as all the under-side of the hood would be untouched (no modding the trunk seel area)... However, I would like to PS the image to see exactly how it would look. I can do that tomorrow when I am in the office; I do not have the PS software on my home PC...

But ya, I am very interested and I know there were a few others that really liked that hood
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALJR

3765 posts
Member since Jul 2009
Paul, would you also be interested in copying my modified Mustange scoop? Its a scoop that I shortened and widened to fit the gt deck lid better. I shortened it to end at the stock L/R vent openings and widened it a tad to follow the deck lid better... You can pull a mold of it if you like... Its at my shop now, but I can email/text you pics if you like...

AL
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALJR:
Email sent with photos.
It won't be more than $170 shipped for the "STM" (similar to Mustang) hood vent. The prices will probably follow my other hood vents for a full skin & bolt-on hood too.
Sounds great on the scoop you have...
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

I started a little experiment on making these. I found that, in order to NOT have to cut any of the sheetmetal, the opening will have to be only about 1 1/4" (similar to the photochop above) & the vents will blend in to "flat" about the middle of the hood (dis-similar to the chop). Any interested parties (I may PM folks that have expressed interest) that want to see a couple photos I'll be glad to send them via email.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

I would be very interested if this hood vent is produced! Please add me to your interested party list.
Marc

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

I would be very interested if this hood vent is produced! Please add me to your interested party list.
Marc

Would you like to see the photos of the design so far? If so PM me your email address & I'll send them to you. I would like for several folks to see if the design is something they would buy, before I spend too much time on it. So far I've sold one GT decklid louver after spending about 30 hours on the R&D to make the mold (in spite of all the "interested" parties). I need to sell about 11 more to break even. (Not that this vent will take as much time.)
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a photo of the metal parts I need from your old broken/wrecked hoods & decklids. This is from a Notchie decklid. Mounting plates to bolt on the decklid & for the lock cylinder.
If anyone has any broken parts to get the metal out of I would appreciate it (will save me from fabricating them) & I'll pay a few bucks for them.

You can PM me or email me at ImThaDriver at yahoo.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "Angel Louver" Notchie decklid is ready. Photos on the website.
Who wants one?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a GT deck.............. ah who am I kidding I need to get my car remotely safe for driving at the moment .

As for the broken parts, you'll have parts for a hood and a decklid heading your way in not too long .
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I'll take a GT deck.............. ah who am I kidding I need to get my car remotely safe for driving at the moment .

As for the broken parts, you'll have parts for a hood and a decklid heading your way in not too long .

Great - THANKS!
I think there will be 7 parts in the hoods: hinge mounts, latch mount, headlight door mounts, & the 2 safety catches on the rear corners. Discount for you when you're ready for any parts.
Thanks again,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any update or progress pics of the STM hood vent?
How you making out with my rear scoop?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any update or progress pics of the STM hood vent?
How you making out with my rear scoop?

Working on the scoop. (making it less wavy ;-) No time to work on the STM hood vent. I'll get back on it soon, though.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Working on the scoop. (making it less wavy ;-)
Custom Fiberglass Parts

My plan was to do that once it was bonded to my decklid. Figured if it didn't bond to the deck perfectly even, it may get a lil tweaked. Thats why I was going to do the finishing touches last
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My plan was to do that once it was bonded to my decklid. Figured if it didn't bond to the deck perfectly even, it may get a lil tweaked. Thats why I was going to do the finishing touches last

I believe you.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump since I'm broke & need to sell some parts & since "chester" has taken over the 1st page with 15 different threads ALL BUMPED BY HIM. (I think I'll make this one of my pet peeves)
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm ready to make the "universal" STM (Similar To Mustang) hood scoop. It's a Mustang scoop cut down to fit Fieros. ALJR made it to mold into the fastback, but it can also be molded into a notchie if you cut off the hump in the original decklid (see photos).
I still have to update the webpage with these so no part numbers yet. $150 shipped in the Continental U.S.

How it fits the Notchie (just ignore the spoiler ):

How it fits the Fastback:

###################

Also, I have the STM hood vent prototype under primer:

$170 shipped in the Cont. U.S. for the vent. (prices will be the same as the Angel Vent 2.0).
Who wants parts?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 07-26-2011).]

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be in for one of each. Nice work Paul
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im in

BTW, when I mod'ed the Mustang rear scoop, I widened it about 2.5" so the left & right "points" on the scoop line up w/ the lines on the 88gt deck lid. I also shortened it aprox 2.5" so the scoop opening lines up w/ the left & right 88gt vent grills...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 07-08-2011).]

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im in
BTW, when I mod'ed the Mustang rear scoop, I widened it about 2.5" so the left & right "points" on the scoop line up w/ the lines on the 88gt deck lid. I also shortened it aprox 2.5" so the scoop opening lines up w/ the left & right 88gt vent grills...

Kudos to you as well Awesome looking parts and I'm excited to see them on my GT someday!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock