Started on: 08-12-2006 05:32 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: Tha Driver on 10-01-2006 05:20 AM
sonic50

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Today we had the Fiero club meeting. We had a good turn out. Not sure how many came but it was a good amount. For anyone who has yet who is going to RFTH and has not got your room you have a few days left to get it. Check out gafiero.org for info on the hotel. GAfiero

Now for a few photos.

------------------

[This message has been edited by sonic50 (edited 08-13-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sonic50:

Oh, now THAT's pretty! I'm usually not a big fan of gray/silver, etc. But that really looks good. I'd love to see more pics or get more info on the car. Who's is it?
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2006 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Hey! Nice pics, but I think you're biased against my car . Also, Scott, where's your avatar?

BTW, that is Raydar's '88 GT/coupe in the grey/weird color. I forget which motor it has in it, I think a 4.9, he has another '88 with a 3.4 in it.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
Oh, now THAT's pretty! I'm usually not a big fan of gray/silver, etc. But that really looks good. I'd love to see more pics or get more info on the car. Who's is it?

Thanks, John.

I had a thread with a bunch of pics, but it seems to have disappeared.

It's Pontiac G6/Grand Prix "stealth gray". It actually looks blue, most of the time.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

No Tress or 007 ??
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
No Tress or 007 ??

They were there. Just not in the fiero..

Nathan, The gray one has a 4.9 in it.

racer37

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racer37Send a Private Message to racer37Direct Link to This Post
Looks like you had a good turnout, sorry I couldn't make it. If business doesn't slow down a little, I am going to go crazy. Thanks, Scott
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Pics don't do justice to this car.

It's a work in progress, but you can see where it's going. The workmanship is first rate.
The tail piece started out as a fiberglass Corvette replacement, and was grafted on to the fastback clip.
This guy is truly talented. He's also doing hood vents (really nice ones), ground effects, and some other stuff.
Same guy who painted Eric's Indy.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-13-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Pics don't do justice to this car.

More pics please......

Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

More pics please......

Ask and ye shall receive.......

Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post

Miss-Tress007

541 posts
Member since Feb 2004

Originally posted by Tinton:

Hey! Nice pics, but I think you're biased against my car .

Happy now? LOL
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and different. Does the owner plan on tweeking the front too?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
It already has been tweaked.
The front is similar to a Ferrari nose. Sort of.
It's still a work in progress as well.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
This is the front of the car

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
It would sure be nice to update the Georgia Fiero Club website with some current pictures. Could these be the start?
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

It would sure be nice to update the Georgia Fiero Club website with some current pictures. Could these be the start?

I think that would be cool. I have a thread with photos from every club meeting for the pas 5 months. What I can do is email them to the webmaster and he can start puting them up.

Scott
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone,
I'm the owner of the black Formula w/the primer mods. I don't see any way to post photos, but when I determine how I'll add a few more...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Hi everyone,
I'm the owner of the black Formula w/the primer mods. I don't see any way to post photos, but when I determine how I'll add a few more...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Email me the photo's ANd I will put them on for you.. .

My email is ScottD@olci.com .
gt85fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt85fieroSend a Private Message to gt85fieroDirect Link to This Post
i might go to the christmas party if thats ok with the club. dunno if i have to be a part of the club to come. the show the 21st i will be in west virginia at the bridge day car show.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
It cool. COME ON DOWN!!
Indyrestoration

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyrestorationSend a Private Message to IndyrestorationDirect Link to This Post
Paul,
Great to see you finally on the forum as a member. Man I still need to get my Indy up to your place!

Take care

Eric
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Any more pics of Tha Driver's car ?

Paul how are you handlling the top of the nose just past the hood ?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
OK Scott I sent you some pics & text.
ExoticSE: I think the nose was an original Pisa part. Two main things I hated about their design was the one-peice (that LOOKED one-peice!) & how far it stuck out. I cut off the header & made it a seperate peice, & moved the nose back 2 1/2 inches. I also rounded the header more (it was flat from the hood to the bumper), made the holes fit the park lights better (they did not match the curve of the lights), & made the driving light holes smaller & more consistent (they were not located in the same place). The header now attaches to brackets under the nose near the hood, & clamps down along with the bumper to an angle I made as a bumper "reinforcement".
I got an email notice you sent a PM, but I didn't see a link to check them. I had to sign in to post this, so the link may show after I submit...
Later,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Giggle Cream - it makes dessert *funny*!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Paul,
Good to see you here!
To view PMs, click the link at the top left of this page "Pennock's Fiero Forum".
(You'll see the General Fiero Chat link, just below it, and the thread title -ga fiero club meeting photos and info, just below that.)

Clicking that link takes you back to the Forum's menu page.
You'll see Announcements, Technical, General, etc., etc.
The very bottom category will be Private Messages. Click on "Inbox".

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-29-2006).]

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I will get the driviers photos up on saturday.. Just got off from work and it's 1:00am or so.. So I will get them up soon.

Scott
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Here is what was involved in modifying the corvette rear bumper to acheive the current rear clip. Obviously the one pic is the original aftermarket Vette rear bumper; the other is the rear clip about halfway through the transistion. The black peices are part of the original peice: the gray top of the bumper is from another 'glass rear bumper (from my V8 Z car project - which BTW got the C4 taillights ; the white taillight sockets were made first from a roll of 2" tape (using it for a mold) then made from that first peice; the raw 'glass areas (around the taillights & where the CHMSL was) were made by taping strips of thim sheetmetal over the front & laying 'glass from the rear. You can also see a white strip of scrap 'glass in the middle where the top of the tag surround was originally located. In this photo you can see relief areas cut into the original peice & still lotsa open areas yet to be filled in. Total of around 100 hours from replacement Vette bumper to the primered rear clip on the car. Still lots of work to do: once I get molds from the current configuration I plan to add ground effects around the bottom to match the side skirts (same to the nose).
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pics Scott.
Sorry for the lousy quality; they're taken with a *cheap* old digital.
I included one of my sail louvers. I made these from a mold I made. It's just sitting on the car - waiting to find some expanded aluminum for the screen for the front louver (it vents the cockpit) before I mount them.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

The United States is the only industrialized nation to *outlaw* hemp production.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:
- waiting to find some expanded aluminum for the screen for the front louver (it vents the cockpit) before I mount them...

This is steel, but you may find it useful.
http://www.mnpctech.com/moddersmesh.html

From this thread.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20060811-1-056266.html

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
That looks great, but it's not what I want for the louvers. The expanded aluminum is 3 dimensional, & when oriented correctly helps hide the area behind the opening better. I like the "modder's mesh" though for venting the rear of the "LSP" (lightweight solo project) when I start on it.
I have a guy checking on the price of the expanded aluminum, but I'll probably have to buy a 4x10 sheet. (yes that's in feet) Maybe I can sell some of it to offset the cost.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Hey Leroy, what'cha doin' dragging that chain across the floor?
Leroy: "Ever tried *pushing* a chain?"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock