Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" by shemdogg
Started on: 05-01-2017 09:20 PM
Replies: 602 (28353 views)
Last post by: Cannonfeet on 04-18-2024 03:22 PM
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Havent had much time to play w the car between work n it getting dark at 430. Did get a few mins in here n there, welding in the dark w a flashlight lol.

Still working on the frame for the lower back bumper, but got the wheelwell looking good n parts fittin better

getting damn good w my pos Hf flux core $90 special welder
Thinkin of buying a light do all welder- I need to weld the door frames
anywho

Got my trunk hinges set right so it works and the trunk sitting where its gonna sit but have a yuuge gap now to fill its 5/16-3/8 gap looks terrible
this is how it looks after some massage w the 36 grit belt sander

its so cold now im worried the fiberglass wont set
I will find out soon lol

shem

Imsa Gt- ill be selling these wheels eventually, hafta finish the body then ill get on wheels/suspension
IP: Logged
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2017 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:
getting damn good w my pos Hf flux core $90 special welder
Thinkin of buying a light do all welder- I need to weld the door frames
anywho

I'd recommend getting a Lincoln Electric Mig Pak 140. Runs on standard 110V plug-in (though it's better if you can use a 30A circuit...that'll let you run on the max setting when needed.) This will allow you to run flux core wire, like you're used to, or add gas when you are ready. The lowest heat setting allows you to easily weld thin sheet metal. You'll be amazed in the difference of quality in your welds over the "eBay special 90A" welder that you currently have. This was one of the best investments I've made (I purchased it after my eBay special committed suicide)

Your car is looking great! Really coming together!

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope errbody had a great christmas!

Yeah anything will weld better than the HF pos $90 special. I need to weld aluminum tho, and most medium grade migs that can handle alum need a spoolgun thats sold separately. Ive seen nuthin but bad reviews of mig aluminum welders. Im looking at the klutch 200dv- 110/220, comes w spoolgun, does mig, tig and stick.

Havent messed w the car much, too busy from work and the baby came wednesday morning so Im a big poppa now. My necks still killing me from sleeping on that damn chair bed thingie at the hospital for 4 days.

Got the the cars edges lined up good tho. Stuck my 25lb digging bar into the exhaust and bent it down the 3" I dropped the back. looking better

When I get my new welder, I can start on the window frames and finish up the windows. Then onto suspension, then interior which should be pretty easy to fab a dash n center console, maybe some door panels

yawn- more to come sometime lol
shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2018 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been poking at the car lil by lil n got the rear framework installed and the exhaust tips bent to where they need to be. Works crazy busy n getting used to being a pops not leaving much time for anything else.

Got my welder, still getting it dialed in but got the window framework in. Problem is the door edge doesnt line up w the window edge n looks funny

But if I line up the window edge w the door- ill be left w a yuuuuge window and will hafta cut the b pillar

whaduyawls think?

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gettin good w my new welder, I can weld alum at home!

Still playin w the windows. Cant get the window edge to the door edge without moving the door catch. Ill line up the back side window w the door line and make a filler piece.

Heres how its coming along

plastic still on widows

I dunno how im going to make the windows roll down w the power window motor. Had to get 1/4" lexan and its rubbing pretty good against the felt n window channel, n is really stiff in the curves.

back to the drawing board

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2018 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still at it when time presents itself. Playing w diff shapes for the windows, think I have the shape down. Having a nightmare of a time getting the windows to roll down. Tried 1/8 pc and it will slide down the channel w the felt gone ok but jams up w it in. Saying f(*& it for now, maybe ill make the window and frame roll down i dunno. Spending more time on the windows than I did narrowing the roof is driving me crazy, I wanna work on other stuff. Still looking for a set of wheels in 18 to match the ones I got earlier. After tons of research i found they are work vskf replicas made by a company called nads lol. its the nad-6 wheel. Go nads! Going to keep the 20 on the rear and 18 up front

Anywho, cars looking freakin schweet, if I can get the body lookin good on these wheels, itll look waaaaaay better when I get the new ones on

shem
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job, just did a light read so far but you’ve done a lot that looks great so far.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ferrobi, I read your whole build thread from way back- nice work! Any chance your cars for sale in Ca minus back window? Theres one thats been on craigslist for ages now at $19.5k w an amidas interior.

Been picking at the car on weekends, can usually find an hour or two to throw at it. Finally got some progress today. Ive given up on windows that roll down for now. Ill have to do with a vent window in my main window like some Lm cars have. Made the new frame for the pass side and got it in wout much cutting. Man I butchered the drivers side door lol. Got both sides glassed to the new frames and a 1/16 o bondo to fill the low spots and smooth errthang. Its looking bad ass!

Got the windows all in the pass side for a test fit, the window felt still needs to go in.

Window frames almost finished, got emsanded and a lil bondo to fill weld holes n some rustoleum magic

I am soooooooo tired o f&cking w these door frames n windows lol. I knew narrowing the roof was gonna cause some grief but man! the roof work was noting compared to the hours I have experimenting w these windows. Was thinking of having the quarter window stationary, and the rest of the window frame roll down as opposed to having the window roll down the frame. F$3k it, bolt on windows, but I am doing a Lm replica lol.

Put a lift kit on my cheby today to try to fit these babies I got for $400

I need new tires n hate the stock wheels. These are a ford pattern 6x6.69 and my chebys a 8x6.5 like errthang else in the world. I having them redrilled on a cnc at my buddys chop to the right bolt pattern. The 20s i got for the fierrari im having to fill the 5x130 and redrill to 5x112. always some craziness goin on

ill be back
if im not back in 5 mins,
just wait longer!

shem

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2018 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Link to F40 ad?

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 03-12-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2018 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://sfbay.craigslist.or...itle/6518570925.html

he took the pics down n lowered the price 2k

shem
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2018 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My windows drag on the front channel as well but haven’t modified anything like you have. I tried without the front plastic piece ( I don’t know what to call it) in the track and it is much faster. I tried it only after buying new windows and the drivers side chattered without ever running it up and down or moving it in the slightest. When I put the old window back in the without the plastic piece it is fast now. I assume the felt in the track is worn out.

The turd is starting to get less runny, nice work.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2018 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for you shemdogg...

https://youtu.be/ue68iLRgy7I

Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-13-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2018 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
U da man joedad! that video was awesome! I got to see many angles of the car close up id never seen before. Im doing a good job! But my hood still looks like sh!t lol Ill cut it up more eventually

shem
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2018 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks shemdogg.
Did you see the way the space at the back of the front fender kickout is filled with slats?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2018 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did see that, Ill make those eventually. I made one and attached it to the door so it swung with the door opening. Otherwise the door would hit it when opened. Ill work on the grills after im done w fiberglass which is taking waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long. Been on these damn windows for 5 months! Had a yuuuge 3 month job that took all my time and m a new dad so theres that. Itll get there little by little.

I need new latches for the nose and the rear lid, small amber lights for the nose sides, the rear red lights on the lower bumper, and some kinda door latch that resembles the real thing. Havent had any luck w internet searches, anybody know of or see something that may work Id super appreciate it!

Todd at fiero farm sent me a gas filler assy I installed on the pass side, u can see it in the pics above. Looks sweet. I have no idea how it was bolted to the fiero, the original one on the ds is glued down.

Thanks for watchin

shem
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2018 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you think of this gas filler? I still have one, maybe two of them.

Bottom of page 8

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000034-8.html

And page 9

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000034-9.html

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 03-14-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2018 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lornesgt sorry I didnt see your post, do you have a thread w pictures of your windows? Id love to see how theyre set up, might give me some idears.

Ferrobi I love the aircraft fuel door but they were crazy pricey when I looked them up. Shemdoggs a cheap ass lol. I got a filler door and door handle for $40 from fiero farm. Todd shipped the parts out quick too! Thanks dude!

We are gettin lotsa rain here, too wet to work on the car. Mebbe this weekend.

shem
85fieroguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shemdogg.... your NUTS !!! I always thought this and the GT 40 was the best Fiero kit cars. Looking at the pics I am surprised your wife has not thrown you out..mine almost did !!!. There is something special about Fiero guys who like to modify the stock Fiero's . Can't wait to see you finish this F-40. Your a real hoot...enjoy your posts.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

What do you think of this gas filler? I still have one, maybe two of them.

Didn't I buy one of those from you back in the day? I know that I bought one from someone on here. That entire cap assembly was awesome.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Didn't I buy one of those from you back in the day? I know that I bought one from someone on here. That entire cap assembly was awesome.

I think you did. They are pretty cool. I know I have another one maybe two if anyone is interested $90
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did a bit more fb n welding yesterday n today. I cut a huge section outta the roof where the windows will go. Phone took crappy pics, will get more up soon. Got more work to do on the roofline. I took the roof off n fb the outer edges. When I had the roof off I noticed I set the ps window frame a lit lower .5" than the ds now that I had a reference point from the fiero roof. I liked it a bit lower so I lowered the ds to match. Will hafta fb the roof to fill in. Then I saw my gaps around the windows r too big compared to the real thing so i hafta cut up the roof to thin it out. Then I noticed if i shitcan my shitty home depot hinges(hey i sprung for the stanley), I can drop the back of the roof about .75". Gonna do it since those hinges arent working anyways. The trunk lid jams into the roof when I open the trunk unless I leave a yuuuge gap. Got some other idears for that Ill get too someday.

Since errbody bitching about the 3" on the back, Ive been tossing around ways to chop it off. see hyah

I can cut the 3" outta that n not be too mucha biotch to booger back together. Also thinking of moving the rear window back so I can get the trunk curve where it opens to more closely match that weird ass curve thats on the real thing. My back window will be a bit shorter. After that the only thing I will not have seriously cut up/molested will be the doors. worry not friends I have plans for them. The big side scoop on the kit car points straight ahead n the real deal has one that slopes down just a skosh w the body line. Me likey. Doors will feel the full wrath of the cut off saw muahahaha!

Taking mondays n wednesdays offa work to watch the kid, those r wifeys busy days. He sleeps alot so I loaded up my old video games. I have all arcade and game system games up to ps1 on my computer. I was searching thru the 10k+ arcade games and found super outrun. I love the original so I loaded it up and lo and behold my cars in that game! bad ass!

My wife loves what i do. I buy cheap junk offa cl n make it purty george. Started w vintage scooters n motorcycles n wetbikes/standup jetskiis. She had major doubts when i brougt the stang home but that thing looks bad arse. When I brought this new turd home she is not worried. I got a keeper

shem

PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a stock window but a pain in the arse one, no pictures or thread.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn’t chop that 3” off the back
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car looks great at most angles now but the back is a little big for the rest of the car

The back end, doors and hood still look funny

shem
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you recently became a dad so you may have to save up for what I recommend. I would seriously consider getting a quote from a local limo company to stretch the rear to the proper dimensions. I believe this is a non-stretched body style:

Yours is longer so I would think it would look great with the proper stretch.

Heres a Photoshop of your car before and after. If you stretch the car and the rear wheels move back, it would look very nice:

And then with the front of the rear wheelwell extended to fill in the gap and extend the rocker behind the lower scoop like the real F40:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-20-2018).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2018 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loving this thread. Even though I really think those kits are disgusting you really have transformed it.
Like watching a good TV series. Can't wait until next season.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2018 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was at the machine shop all day and couldnt get bits in the damn vertical mill. wtf?!

lol

I would love to stretch the cab of the car but I dont trust people to work on my stuff. Been screwed over too many times the few times I did have money to pay for somebody to fix my stuff. I got really good at fixing my own stuff and love learning new skills. Def diggin the photoshop skills! Any way you could scale the pics of my car to the real thing and see if the doors on the real thing are longer than mine? I think they are, I know mine are waay taller/fatter. Even If I did stretch it, the trunk and lower fascia would still be too long. Fantasized about making a tub chassis for it, then though my quad has a tube chassis i could mod that to fit. Nah the wheel hubs are all wrong/ be a pain to find wheels lol.

Ill have more time to play w it this weekend if the rain lets up. Its getting dark about 730 already so Ill be able to work on it after work too soon.

I hear ya about it being a tv show! Forrest gumps building a kit car! lmao
lootenant dayan she tasted like cigarettes!

Ill butcher up the car some more this weekend and post pics.
redrilled one of the truck wheels on the cnc today, hopefully finish them tomorrow n get new tires. Current ones are pretty bald n the ass end swings out everywhurr. Good times good times

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been playing w the truck mosta the weekend but did take 10 mins to cut the door n see what it looks like. I took 2" outta the front n lowered it to narrow the door more. I like it

Finally got the rims on the cnc n redrilled. Looked waay too funny w the adapters. Tires were too far out from the truck, looked bowlegged
cuttin

truck gots new reams ta day

I sprung for coopers, made in usa but twice the price of chinese "radar" tires lol

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2018 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Played w pain and got this image made, before, current, n real deal

somehow the front of my car has lifted a few inches and I just now noticed lol. Ive got a thread in tech to try n figure it out.
Side window needs to come up in rear, easy fix
Hood is close just the upper front around the headlights
Behind the rear side scoop can be lengthened a wee bit without moving the cradle
trunk lid line is off (my rear window is too long at the front)
Rear vents are yuuge and trunk is long
Windshield doesnt bow in the middle
top of doors angle wrong, makes the big side scoop look weird
Side line doesnt match up to hood line

anything else lemme kno
Be jammin on it this weekend

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing tons o stuff on the car this weekend. Friday evening i cut 1 coil off each front spring, dropped the front about 1". Took me 1.5 hours, but did cheat by cutting the brake lines. New ss lines en route from tfs, originals are original n not in good shape.

Saturday I got 4-5 hours in, attacked fb on doors, cut off the spoiler legs n made em straighter.

Finally put fb on the back o the trunk lid, been putting that off for days.
Spoiler is now 2.5" too short. Made it wrong so it was gonna get replaced anyways.
rear edge looks straight from the side now like the real deal. Made the rear vents smaller

Apra foose dai! thats painted over painters tape on the vents

Cut the roofs window edge straighter and moved the window frame up to match. Found the hood n trunk latches on ebay, same ones I got now. $62 bucks each! yowza! Then I saw a 4 pack for $37, sold!

Got a few hours in this mornin n evenin. Always liked the open rear on the real deal.

So I went for it.

removed the bottom of the jigsaw to get it in the grooves. Love the look!

Got the skim coat sanded on errthang, need to fill a few low spots n reddy for some rustoleum magic

happy easter

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got about 6 rounds of fiberglass n some bondo on the car today. Pretty hot so stuff dries super fast.

fb the hood n skirt together so I can move the line upwards to match the hood line/ be close to the door line

Car looks schweet lowered

Cleaned up the back n started making the center divider

Heres the groove in the front reset higher and floated the rear side window area

Cars looking damn good, the pics this phone takes suck. Cars looking frickin awesome

shem
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2018 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is deep. I am not sure if this was posted? Cool video of a F40 race car rebuild.

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a great vid tony thanks, not sure if its been posted- dont think so

Installed my new tfs nazi brake lines

these suck, 4 connections instead of 2

Went to do the cradle stretch, yanked the rear bumper off, pulled the trunk fan n carpet, dropped the cradle, went n got metal n 12x1.75 nuts. Everything would move ok, shift cables really tight, new coolant hoses, everything else has plenty o slack. Alternator would be hitting the frame just forwards of where the new cradle support would be sitting. Coil spring would hit its well. Im going to hold off for now, doing the airbag setup soon so no rear coils.

I might do the stretch but itd be a frame stretch for sure. I think itd be easier, I could do one side at a time w the motor in. Maybe later. Gotta find wheels pronto- nothing in my size lol

shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2018 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been going to town on this car! Burned thru almost another 2 gallons of resin. Bought another 4 yards of cloth and mat. Started to make the rear vents smaller

took 3 tries filling and redoing, came up w this

extended the rear of the trunk a few inches and built the lip for the window to sit on. Finally got the angle right

added a bit o roundage to the big scoop

made the test center stand for the spoiler

looks sick!

its been an insane amount of sanding! without the belt sander and 50 grit belts this would take forever! Its still taking forever but beats using the file!

ill get some side shots when I can get the cars moved

shem
shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2018 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1749 posts
Member since Apr 2017
here we go

car still looks dorky from the side

sumbitch is still too tall, gotta extend the back of the spoiler wings

good thing im stocked up on fb!

shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2018 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1749 posts
Member since Apr 2017
made this on paint

if I cut the kit lengthwise and take out 1-2", then lower the car ill be there. and fix the back edge

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brought the bottom in and the top edge of the spoiler out to make the angled line, got the rear window cut down n installed

Started the lower scoops vents whatever theyre called, fins?

Played around w some thermoforming on some scrap

pretty easy. gonna do the back window scoops soon

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got at it early today, cut the car in two. Been thinking about it forever now so just went for it top down. I cut the rear wheelwell where I thought it should be to force myself to make it right. There was a 5.5" gap from tire to wheelwell, my wife saw the hole and laughed n shook her head. I was going to lower the back o da car to close the gap but then the frame would be too low, and id have to cut the lower body and raise it up. Or cut the top to lower it to the middle but then i have to lower the metal roof at least in the rear. Fu$k it, went for it

lines marked

had to wail n cut on the roof rear a bit, here one side lowered

i dunno what this picture is but ti looks good and i took it so

heres this side fitted

driver side almost done, just have to cut the door down. Car looks hella skinny

The PO texted me a few days ago to see how the car was doing, its been 1 year now. He couldnt believe the difference
I cant believe im doing all this fiberglass work
almost done

shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cars lookin schweet! heres the back w the fins

here it is finished up on the doors. I dont like the angle of the big scoop

so I cut the doors again today to get more rake on the top

Tried my hand at thermoforming, hoping I wont ruin a $200 back window

Titties!

pretty much done w cutting the body, onto small details now

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gardener came by today and couldnt figure out what was different on the car but said it looked way better than before. The trunk top is 32" from the ground and the low point of the doors is at 30". Car does look way better thinned out. Had to butcher the roof frame to get the back of the fb roof down the 2". Got metal on order to reinforce it, will make the roll bar part of the roof frame to save space. As it is now, sitting in the car my head is 2-3" from the side of the roof frame and Ill def be smacking my head when in a right turn. Ill try to lower the seats to give a bit more headroom. One the roof frames done, I can build a new trunk lid frame/hinge setup. Ordered my air suspension today, still deciding on bags. Dont wanna pay $1k for rear air struts so ima make my own.

heres how the backs coming along w most of the tinsel

got metal on order to make a new rear spoiler

Heres a side shot, car looks awesome except for the hood now really kills it

been staring at pics of the hood to see the difference. I need more roundage and angle around the headlights

Still a ton of fb details and gapping to fix then onto the interior! Im on my 7th gallon of fb now, with all the other materials (lotsa sandpaper, belts, mat, cloth, n rustoleum im close to $500 in

shem
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock