Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" by shemdogg
Started on: 05-01-2017 09:20 PM
Replies: 526 (20826 views)
Last post by: shemdogg on 08-09-2021 12:13 PM
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2021 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still at it lol, got the brake lights working. Fuse missing Got some of the dash indicator lights wired up correctly, wired up the headlights and turn signals. Still poking at the front spoiler, almost finished.

Fixed that big wop in the front end. Got a sweet shift knob and new steering wheel. Should be able to get the rear wing welded up at the shop this week. Got a big list o shop stuff, rear wing and side vents. Foiled on 3 attempts to go by past few weeks, nobody there. Got a sweet tow hook for the front, still working on mounting idears.

I very recently found that picture of the 3 ferraris I posted above. Never seen that before. I noticed the hood scoop has vents. I like those vents. Boy I like those vents. Theyre in my head eating at me ever since I saw the picture. Cant fight it any longer, gotta have vents in the vent. Played around w some packing foam sheets to get a feel

Going to need 5-6 vents spaced 3" apart. Question is how to attach them. I could knock off the paint and weld them on, that would look best. Filling and sanding would be a nightmare tho. Im thinking 2 runners w the flaps welded to them, and bolt down thru the runners. Painted black. Did a buncha other details I cant remember.

Got a pig for last weekends fiesta, always wanted to try that. I had a red apple ready for the mouth like in the cartoons! Was a lot smaller than I was expecting, but we didnt have that many people over. It was open rotisserie( wow I speled it write lol) and covered in whatever they put on chinese roast duck.

Wow it was stupid silly good and devoured quick! Came just as pictured in a box propped up on party cups in a thin sheet of foil. Got it at the asian market, gotta order 2 weeks in advance. Was about 60lbs cooked and still hot when it got home. Came out to about $4/lb, not bad at all! Definitely recommend getting one -lechon or luzon something like that

shem
IP: Logged
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2021 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2021 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Old buddy passed on the udder day. Sad to see it go, been with me mosta this journey. Motor burned up, brushes still good.

And my pom sander never resurfaced, maybe it was in my big truck when it got stolen

New mercs recruited at hd

got some hours in this

compressor madness

Master shutoff installed

Shot the red on the front and sides, touched up some spots in the back. Took the opportunity(like I wont have more lol) to get the divide line very crispy

Got the metal for the hood vent vents and some angle for the front tow hook. Hafta make some apparatus to allow the hook to swing when the hood opens

Shot the black and installed the supports, still needs some luv. I used plumbers tape to get the screw spacing equals

Got a new steering wheel, dunno if I like it, Got headlights on order, gonna be awhile. 4" inner light and twin vertcal projectors offa motorbike for each side. Got the side vent frames all setup for my buddy to weld. Polished the back window so good I can see thru it, trunk windows a goner. Good to practice on. Found a box of window seals yabba dabba doo!

shem
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2021 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might clear coat the tow hoop. I had one just like yours but was black. It faded to a gold color.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2021 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a bad idea, itd protect my $18 investment lol. Glassed the fins on the vents straight

Good but could be gooder, me thinks the fins need to taper back. Back to work

shem
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2021 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Click Here to Email ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the look of the added vents. It adds a little something to the look of the hood.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2021 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man, yeah the vents will look schweet for sure. Just gotta figure out what and how to do it. Takes me awhile Also planning around how to help my welding buddy. Hes got a really bum arm and neck so he moves pretty slow. So the vents and spoiler will take lots of time to finish, or I have to whip up some tig skills quick. PLayed around w making some jigs to hold the vents for welding, need a router and table. As usual wound up eyeballing it w a skilsaw lol

Made it to the machine shop saturday and helped my buddy a bit, did some dumpster diving for alum scraps. Jeff was there too, welded one end of the spoiler inserts. Got lotsa cleaning to do. Made up some brackets to hold the dual headlights. Got a 4" bulb to go next to it but it looks too small to me. Gonna get the 5.75

shem
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock