Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" by shemdogg
Started on: 05-01-2017 09:20 PM
Replies: 601 (28156 views)
Last post by: bjc 350 on 01-04-2024 01:44 AM
Habanera Hal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2019 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have made a ton of progress! It looks. Um. Great!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanksum allotm! Took the car over to the shop weeks ago, no time to work on it. Too much work, and drones, and got a 3d printer to play with, and squeezed in a camping trip. Went last tuesday after work and helped the guy start making room in the shop. Need space for 2 cars since all the body panels will be coming off. He was not feeling good today, ill try to go over thursday after work. Heres the crammed shop its in now. Guys got a buncha cool tools ill try to borrow, mainly a hotbox to pull dents. Cool tool

shem
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that car is looking great i cant wait to see it all finished
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man itll be awhile before its painted. We got the jag in the background cut up and outside, went by after work. Started doing more planning and pulled the roof so he can start cleaning it up tomorrow after dropping off some fb. He wants to fix every little detail and make everything perfect like its going to sema. Im trying to get him to relax on some stuff or itll take forever to paint. He wants to make new window pillars and all sortsa stuff I dont think it needs. I have no time, working 7 long days a week n im beat. He showed me a picture of when his finger got stuck in the sheet sander. I showed him my hands, he changed subject lol. Hopefully will get more time to go work on it soon. Very nice to have another set of eyes on it, he found millions of details I either forgot about or said f it to. I found the right body guy. Unlike the first guy that came to give me a bodywork quote. Does 2 laps around the car, then drops to one knee inspecting. Then looks to see if im watching( I am lol), goes to another corner, makes a few more passes around the car then asks, how much do you wanna spend? lol

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can understand where your Bodyman is coming from as he is looking at it and wanting it to be the best it can be because when it is out in public it is going to get way more looks than your average grocery getter with that said it is great looking even in primer

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-16-2019).]

andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2019 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem, you should have started a Youtube channel when you started this project. You seriously could have got some sponsors to help finance the build.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem, We are missing those updates! Anything new?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2019 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Havent even been to the shop since the last post. Works insane right now, but ive tried to stop by and get some work done. Homeboys got something pulled in his lower abdomen that bugs him bad. He hasnt been at the shop for awhile. He doesnt text back right away either, so hes hard to get ahold of. Im getting antsy too but have lots of work and life stuff going on, and im at the whim of when this guys free time meets my free time and they are not syncing.

Been going to town w my 3d printer tho! Looking for a bigger one

shem
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem, I'm getting panicky waiting for updates on your car! Anything new?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2019 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah im pretty disappointed nothings getting done on the car. Guy barely responds to my texts. Said the other day hes getting a buddy to come work on the car. Ill give it a few more weeks and if nothings done, ill bring it home and do what I can myself. This is why I have to learn bodywork, I hate peoples bs and I am one impatient mofo.I cant do much bodywise so I may wind up painting the car several times to get the bodywork decent lol. Guidecoat n I will become good buddies. Wifeys going to visit fam after christmas so Ill have a few weeks of freedom to work on the car. Works still crazy busy and it gets dark at 430, ill for sure get something done tho. When I get time.

shem
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2019 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shem how you get it good and straight is use guide coat not sure you have heard of it but you spray it on over the primer them block sand and where it show it is low you need filler also when sanding sand at diagonal not straight you might already know this but if not i hope it helps just remember the longer it takes you the better it will look in the end i know i could have spent another 40 hours sanding mine and it looks ok right now but it could look better so take your time it will be worth it in the end

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-10-2019).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2019 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I painted my car with Rustoleum universal rattle cans and lots of wet sanding.
It seems to me that you are really good at bodywork. I would just bring it home and paint it yourself.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 12-11-2019).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2019 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Yeah im pretty disappointed nothings getting done on the car. Guy barely responds to my texts. Said the other day hes getting a buddy to come work on the car. Ill give it a few more weeks and if nothings done, ill bring it home and do what I can myself. This is why I have to learn bodywork, I hate peoples bs and I am one impatient mofo.I cant do much bodywise so I may wind up painting the car several times to get the bodywork decent lol. Guidecoat n I will become good buddies. Wifeys going to visit fam after christmas so Ill have a few weeks of freedom to work on the car. Works still crazy busy and it gets dark at 430, ill for sure get something done tho. When I get time.

shem

He might realize you're going to know how to determine good work, and that's a problem for him.
Is the 'buddy' what he'll use to deflect the poor quality of workmanship from himself? Many of us have been through this. And it's the norm that body shops have a secondary agenda which often involves victimizing some other person, even if it's not you. But in this case it sounds like it's going to be you. lol, sorry to say it. It's not too late to prevent it. This story sounds very, very familiar.
There's a very slim chance that the 'buddy' is a home shop guy he uses when it's something he doesn't want to do because he'd rather keep doing insurance work. I've known one of these guys and you can cut out the middle man. But the most likely situation is that it's a pill head who can't show up regularly.

It's Christmas. Be merry or at least make Mary.
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2019 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

I painted my car with Rustoleum universal rattle cans and lots of wet sanding.
It seems to me that you are really good at bodywork. I would just bring it home and paint it yourself.

I agree!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks killer for rattle cans, but its the bodywork underneath thats gotta be good. After months of bitchin and no returned texts or calls, I got a hold of his bro and finally got the car home yesterday. He was still planning on keeping and working on the car lol. No way jose, I was going to weld the back bumper on but he did it for me. I had to do some prep to the car to move it out. He had the roof off where he added a ton of glass to the bottom and some metal bar to strengthen it, and was planning to glass over that. Itd be crazy strong if he did that. It would also stick up off the car whatever thickness he added to the bottom lol. That chit hadta come off.

Aired up the bags, locked down the hood, set the roof on as best I could to drive it outta there. He had to go help a buddy so he took off earlier. I took it to my buddy shop at the end of the driveway, washed the windows, aired the suspension up good, bolted the roof down and cut off the excess fb he had hanging off the roof that wouldnt let it sit right or the ds door to close. Made sure its gonna get me home as best I could, had my buddy follow me in me truck. Ratty as fuk that pos made it home. Fb dust and chit in the air the whole bumpy ass ride. Crazy oversteer w the airbags, that things sketchy on a turn above 30 lol. Cars pointing one way but its not going tht way.Custom reverse drifting baby! That was a scary drive home. But its here.

forgot how low that sumbitch sits. Heres some of the boogers homeboy did

Homeboy didnt know jack about fb and bit off more that he could chew w this project( hey look whos talkin) He had a 4x4 and a bobcat in the shop he was working on. I think he just threw some fb on the roof to show he did something. Ima hafta grind that all off as the roof sits too high now.

Kinda sorta starting to wrap up some work so I may get time to mess w the car. Ill be moving very soon, mommas sick. Joining 2 bedrooms and adding a small bath and closet to room my fam will stay in. Bath was supposed to be easy( bathroom on opposite side of wall), found a 24' foundation there fock. Almost done, throwing n some crown, flooring, and paint today to finish.

Happy new year fiero folk!

shem
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been worried about your car. Glad it is back in your possession. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year. Take care of yourself and your family. Looking forward to more updates on that ride.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well that sucks and i know how hard it is to do the work and stay motivated but you will be better off in the end doing it yourself or you have to pay big bucks to get it done by a pro who can show you what he can do and has a great reputation but i am glad you got it back and he did not mess it up so bad you are screwed
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2020 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not gonna lie I was gettin worried about the car too. Was at the machine shop a few times making parts for customers and a few times I saw a tweaker looking scantily clad woman leaving the shop. That and the fact he couldnt even return my texts mad me worry. Hes a good guy and im not mad, just wanted some experienced help w the body. Why? Because im going to paint this car 10 or 20 times before its right lol. Homeboy put way too much fb on the underside of the roof, and was planning much much more. I used 16 gallons of fb, he was gonna use 225. The roof doesnt sit right after some cutting, too many boogers.

and his weld didnt hold up for the ride home, left rear fell off

Heres his booger welds I had to cut completely off

I got the window gap cleaned up decent, some of the chit off the sides and underneath where i could reach. Rewelded the rear bumper support piece after measuring where it should go. Homeboy just weldederup and the trunk wouldnt close completely.
Got it purty good, boy I really missed using that belt sander wow

Rear bumpers perfect again, but roofs gotta come off to shave out the chit homeboy put in. Sits a wee bit high

Im covered in fb dust and smell like cut steel
Just like old times, me and this car like peas n carrots

shem
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to read that it didn't end badly with that shop. Money ahead, you are, even if it isn't the intended outcome....yet.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very very true, hope this didnt burn the bridge w the guy tho.Dont know if it matters, he rarely responds to my messages.

Anywho- tried to play hookie from work today, went in at noon lol. Messed w the car a wee bit, it was kinda fun. Found out my new spoilers 1.5" too short, so thatll need some work. Cleaned up some of the rear vents ( my arch nemesees). Ground out the inside of the roof so its pretty much level w the trunk. Installed the mini master I got awhile back

easy peazy- opened the box to find I just bought the resevwah. Sweet! Hit the fittings w the heat gun, and installed it in 10 mins.
Installed the tire lettering on one tire for shits n giggles. Purty purty george

Was gonna play w the hoods side vents, but cant findum.

shem
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2020 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hit the machine shop after work to play w the wing. Buddys in the field, tomorrow too. Sheared off 1.5" from a piece of alum to extend the wing, was hoping to get some tig time in. Using the handle on my cherry picker and the vise, I bent up the pieces pretty much perfectly. Only had 5psi gas but went for it, hooked up the spool gun( havent used it since I did the windows eons ago). Heres the bigger wing welded and the piece to be welded by the smaller wing.

Cleaned up the side plates and did a test fit

I think the front wing should be wider from front to back, looks kinda small to me

Maybe ill make the side plates smaller to compensate, I know the shapes off a wee bit on the side plates. Ill have to machine the groove for the smaller wing to adjust, like the real one does.
Got some guide coat en route and am on the hunt for good flexible sanding blocks.

shem
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Shem, I’m glad everything is moving along.🤙
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2020 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks dobie! Your cars almost there too!
Just couldnt bring myself to buy one of those segmented "flexible" sanding blocks for $70. Took a cheapo knife to one of my foam blocks. Bam! You can take the bou outta the hood, but you cant take the hood outta the boy! lol To me the most logical accessible approach will be for me to do all the work on the doors, and once those are right- continue w he rest of the car. Now I can go buy paint and clear. Started w the passenger door, need to get some spot filler

Wasnt really getting the guide coat, just made the grey greyer lol. I sand in all 4 directions and look for my current angle marks to remove the last angle marks. Cupla tiny spots on the doors. That center groove was a real biotch. From all the sanding blocks I bought, none were thin enough to fit in the groove. Out came the belt sander (still smelled like fb dust lol) and I sanded a block thin enuf to fit in w sandpaper.

Threw some guide coat on the hood for shits n giggles and I see it working now. I was expecting low spots to stand out bigtime, just gotta know what to look for. I got it now(fingers crossed and beating on wood).

Not finding that corner too bad, I did a ton of sanding between coats about a year ago. While sanding there I noticed the wheelwell starts out round then takes a big ol poop(looks kinda flat up top).

The peak should be higher(it is on the real thing) to me to look more round, seems kinda ovaled
Planning to extent the width of the rear wing section. Gotta make a trip to the machine chop

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty much settled in at moms now, brought the cars down today. Had the fierrari towed on a flatbed. Brought ramps and some 2x6s to get it on the bed without hitting, had some chain and a tow strap to hook the chains to( front end got murdered last time I got towed), and made a double ended male fitting to connect my lil pancake compressor to the air ride to jack it up as high as itd go. Driver didnt wanna tow it, showed him the v6 n he still thought it was a beater ferrari lol. Took a million pics, freakin loved it. With the suspension jacked all the way up, it cleared the ramps easy- I wound up driving it right up the flatbed and he cinched it down. Made it safe! Still tons of stuff to move and no room, barely shoehorned the cars in the garage. Had to move the honda and bultaco out back. Moms got a 1/3 acre out back and the bultaco needed some gas, the honda needed a rear tube. Got a lil wind in my hair over the weekend, it was nice. No time to work on the fierrari but ill squeeze in a lil somethin here n there lol. Cool thing is I have 220v and a 5hp 60gal compressor in the garage, schweet!

shem
turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody heard from Shemdogg ?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im busy busy crazy busy working mad hours, lifes very rough right now. About a month ago I took a day off because my body was so beat up, couldnt sit still n started sanding. Turns out I did quite a bit of blocking before I put the primer on so several areas are really nice. Dont wanna work on it here anymore, waaaay too many ghetto mofos eyeballing the car that day it was in the driveway. Picked up some spot putty today. Hopefully can get thru this gauntlet in a month n have some free time. Heres pics from the sanding sesh

Played w the hood vent grilles a bit, hafta cut up the ds to match the ps vent

going to prep the rear lower bumper and door panels and try my panting skills whenever that comes along.
Dont think im not antsy
Gonna be awhile tho

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is looking good
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem, I've really enjoyed watching this car go from a laughable replica to a very sick looking car. Love what you've done with it brother. Your attention to detail is phenomenal, I'd have called it a day and sent it for paint long ago. Keep up the great work!
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No updates in a month? Hope you are well Shem?
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm wondering, too. Shem, please update us, even if you haven't moved forward on this much.
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2020 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry fellas, havent been on here much. Still working 15-16 hour days remodeling in the sacramento hood 5-6 days a week. Almost done. Remodeled 3 apartments w so many roaches indiana jones woulda said fuk yer idol im keepin my whip, and did the landscaping. Ghettos cleaning up nice, neighbors come by and tell me how good the place looks, kids walk down the street now, homeless dont come around much at all anymore, no ghetto folk in cars, nobody playing music loud, neighbors following suit and cleaning up their yards,called 311 to get the trash piles off the street,cops stopped by and thanked me many times, ice cream man comes by, and I saw the street sweeper for the first time. Place is cleaning up bigtime! Add to the fact one drugdealer a week gets killed on the street behind me is a big plus. That streets getting quieter too. My necks tweaked, my arms are numn, right arms so swollen I look like one of those feaky crabs, and i kant tipe four chit. Just one more house to remodel yay! This ones easy, and close by. Patch some walls, convert garage into a bedroom, paint job, roof, and some landscaping. Easy peasy. Its the details that take forever.

did get the doors finished and paint ready and fb on the back bumper whee it cracked. Big bro brought the compressor back. Itching to get back at this car believe me. Kinda jealous of the people stuck at home still getting paid, I coulda had the car done by now.
But the lack of traffic is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shem
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2020 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update. Looks like you have a lot on your plate right now. Good to hear your neighborhood is on the upswing. We know you will get back at the car soon. It really is looking so much different than when you brought it home. Sure takes a lot of hours, right?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never really thought of it as my hood, its just another two investment properties I picked up that were not for sale. I buy junk properties and make em profitable. Operation turd polish applies to all aspects of my life, im the turd lol.

Had a bad hankerin to do somethin on the car yesterday after work. I had ground down the hood to make a lip around the front scoop. Filled w foam and covered in hvac tape

let it dry and trimmed

put another layer of glass on the back bumper where it was busted

did some blocking on the hood

Going to get the paint and shoot it soon, tired of the grey. Hopefully next week, taking a break from work

shem
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Shem.
I found putting colour to the car was a big step, any idea of what color you will go with yet?

Stay safe
Wayne
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You going to do molds for at least the hood? Not necessarily for selling repops but as a way to control the likelihood of future cracking? Seems I remember fie-ro saying the pro shop he took his car to for paint heated the panels as part of the prep to remove contaminants.
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree Sourmash, that’s Kinda why I’m building molds of my car, with all the different layers of bondo and glass and in my build foams It’s inevitable that things will start to stress crack. By making new panels free of bondo and fillers all that work will be Preserved not to mention a huge weight saving. My hood has to be 50 lbs!!!

Wayne
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Def going w the look at me! look at me! red. No plans for molds if it cracks it cracks, its been a few years and holding up good. Ive been literally crawling all over the car to get to stuff in the garage, its crazy strong. 16 gallons of fiberglass here folks lol. Its definitely heavy but strong.

Had an itchin to stop bitchin n got to it
Started out trimming the foamage on the hood, glassed it up w 2 layers of cloth

Cut the hood up to make it symmetrical on the ds and fit the vent that fits the udder side

Hid the car from view by blocking off the driveway

Scored a free scooter, speed controller may be shot

Ds almost finished and door

The back and most of the passenger side and half the roof are sanded and patched. A wee bit more sanding and booglies and this mofos gettin painted

The motors running but theres no one behind the wheel.
I dont drive!

shem
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2020 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, has it really been 3 years already? Where'd the time go? Seems like one year.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2020 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah 3 years man its crazy. I had a few breaks from working on it- car was at the "body chop" lol for 3 months, then I didnt touch it till now. So maybe 2 years lol. Didnt pull the car out today, just worked on the hood scoop bump thingie. Came out really effin good. Still have to sand down the insides of the scoop, gonna be a ***** . Ill think of something. Sanded mosta the hood down, got some bumps to phil.

almost dunn

shem
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock