Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 518 (78046 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 04-21-2024 12:40 AM
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida had to add some core material to make dash more rigid.

IP: Logged
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on the air duct tooling. The 355 duct doesn't fit too well with the new dash, so I'm re-shaping a new one that will connect better to the lower trio.

Rob
FieroVation
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
I'll be doing a prototype dash first to work out fitting & other issues that may pop up. Yours will be #002. The foam core really stiffened it up. I'll probably install the prototype in the Fiero & give it a road test.

Rob
FieroVation
Seattle, WA. USA

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is awsome any updates?
also who make the f40 kit? does any one still make it?
98Vette98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 98Vette98Send a Private Message to 98Vette98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VERY NICE, I would love to get into something like that. I bet you don't get to just stop somewhere without having people want to know more about the car.

Great looking ride.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3.6lvvt6spdgt:

this is awsome any updates?
also who make the f40 kit? does any one still make it?

Thank's - no updates yet on dash - don't know who makes F40 kits anymore but mine was made by American Fiberbodies Int. now out of business
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by 98Vette98:

VERY NICE, I would love to get into something like that. I bet you don't get to just stop somewhere without having people want to know more about the car.

Great looking ride.

Thank's - and yes it does draw some attention when I take her out.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Just got an update from Rob,

Got the plugs made for the new heater duct. I ended up having to totally re-design the 355 duct to make it work in the new dash. It's probably over-doing it since I could have just made it out of tubes & hoses, but It'll probably save time in the long run, and it looks factory too.

Rob
FieroVation
Seattle, WA. USA

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 10-01-2008).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been thinking about painting the F40 black some day - any thoughts?

Halcyon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HalcyonSend a Private Message to HalcyonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Been thinking about painting the F40 black some day - any thoughts?

I don't know. It would still look verry nice. And nothing shines like a perfect black paint job. The hesitation on my part is due to the fact that I dreamed of owning a red F40 as a kid. I have to believe many guys had that same dream. And seeing your awsome red F40 really brings back that feeling of amazement seeing these from my childhood. I don't think the black would convey those same feelings to all of the guys who get to live their child hood dream vicariously (sp?) through seeing your car.

LOL but it is your car. Go with what makes you feel good.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob,

Got the tooling done this week for the heater ducts. Will send another update tomorrow of your actual ductwork w/ a cool added feature.

Rob
FieroVation
Seattle, WA. USA

PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Carbon Fiber!

This is your new heater duct. Pretty cool huh? Actually, I just needed some CF practice; it's not perfect, but good enought for a heater duct. It's very time consuming when doing vacuum bagging, so I will only offer it as an option.

Rob
FieroVation
Seattle, WA. USA

This guy needs some sort of AWARD !!!!!!!

Rob
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i need help identifying this f40 please help
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072998.html
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ferrari = RED
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob,

Working on the model for the gauge trio cups. It was a little tricky getting the angles & depth set correctly; had to redo it about 3 or 4 times. The gauges not only have to point to the driver, but they're also aimed upward as well, and on top of that the cups are conical in shape. I think I'll go with the setting seen in the photos with the prototype dash, it's close enough.

Rob
FieroVation
Seattle, WA. USA

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where did you get the carbon fiber? I need some.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

where did you get the carbon fiber? I need some.

Rob (Amida) is making the dash

fierointeriors@juno.com

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierointeriors@juno.com

thanks! he does great work!
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More dash progress

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Here's a couple shots of the gauge trio model which I'm nearly finished shaping. It's a small piece but very complex in shape. I haven't counted the hours but by the time the silicon mould is done for this I'll probably have at least 40 labor hours in it plus $150 in materials. I sure hope that I'll be making a few more Fi40 dashes to spread the R&D.

Rob
FieroVation
Seattle, WA. USA

vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The taillights you have on the car. Are they real Ferrari or replica? Where can you purchase these if there replicas?

Vinny
PFF
System Bot
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please don´t paint your replica black.. it will look like the batmobile and i´m talking about the one from the sixties.. F40 = red

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ruby red.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

The taillights you have on the car. Are they real Ferrari or replica? Where can you purchase these if there replicas?

Vinny

Mine are original but this guy makes nice replica ones. Though he does not list them on ebay he has on kitcarforum.

http://stores.ebay.com/EVMotorsports

vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked in his store but he had none. I found a very nice F40 replica on the net (I will post a link to it if I can find it) using a longitudinal engine/trans combo. His lights were Fiat sourced and they looked very similar to yours. I dug around on Ebay and of course the only ones I could find cost more than most whole Fiata are worth LOL.

Vinny
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

I looked in his store but he had none. I found a very nice F40 replica on the net (I will post a link to it if I can find it) using a longitudinal engine/trans combo. His lights were Fiat sourced and they looked very similar to yours. I dug around on Ebay and of course the only ones I could find cost more than most whole Fiata are worth LOL.

Vinny

As I said he does not list them on ebay but ask him a question through one of his ebay products regarding the replica rear tail lights and i'm sure he will tell you more.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Riceburner got my HVAC control panel done

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2008 F1 red.

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow i love this build. my friend and i are working on his F40 here in oregon who did the dash for you? feel free to pm me
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierointeriors@juno.com

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

2008 F1 red.

You need that engine it your car
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob,

We're just thawing out from our worst winter storm in 40 years. It got so cold that my air tools would ice up after only 5 minutes of use. I was able to work on the upholstery patterns for the new dash over the weekend and start figuring out the assembly of the prototype. I covered the prototype with foam + suede headliner material. It's easy to use because it stretches, but it's a very thin fabric and a shade lighter than the material that I got for your dash. I lined the gauge trio cups like on the F40; I think it looks pretty good so far. I'm still working on the light switch bezel. Attached a few pics from today. I'll take a few more shots when I get the prototype mounted in the chassis.

Happy Holidays!

Rob
FieroVation
Seattle, WA. USA

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.

Hey Rob, do you have a source for the alcantara material ? I'd like to get enough in black to do the top of my euro-dash but can't find any around here. Is it THAT much different from UV-treated suede ?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting close

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Few more with carbon fiber hood

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Wow - I can't believe Rob started with this and has come so far and done such great work - truly the best IMO

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 01-10-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a couple shots of what I came up with for the defrosters. It's a clay model for the new defrost duct which feeds off of the stock fiero duct at the base of the windshield and re-directs the air flow to the two round top vents. It'll be another moulded fiberglass piece which will attach to the inside of the dash and then the heater duct, for the lower trio, will attach to it. The dash should install in one piece if I designed it right.

Rob

FieroInteriors@juno.com

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!!!!!

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this nice F40 replica on cragslist in Canada for sale a month or so ago - one of the most accurate i have seen yet. Think it sold for around 20K.

Rob

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought 2 aircraft fuel fillers (F-16's) that i will put on my car in the future
Rob

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 02-06-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock