Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 512 (77872 views)
Last post by: dominic355 on 06-05-2023 02:37 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! The car is turning out great. F40 is one of my favourite Ferraris.
IP: Logged
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Now i would like to see some pics of Troy's 430 mirrors from the inside with the door open - (Bracket used)

The next time I go to the shop I'll take some pics. BTW love the mirrors , I still say they would look better on your car if your car was parked in my driveway. Keep up the good work
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics from a day at a car show?
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Any pics from a day at a car show?

Still have not hooked up old speedometer board to remedy the ECM not receiving the PPM signal -

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 07-09-2011).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Link to aftermarket speedo - and have not gone down to local car show yet - don't know that it has even started yet - but i sure would like to start driving it around again

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/110065.html
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its been a while since I've had her going - but finally rewired the old speedometer circuit board plus the stock odometer (just so that I can keep track of the original miles) before the new VDO to satisfy the stock ECM. Took a while but now it works great and no check engine light.

Pic of the odometer is all you can see and you can't see it unless you get down low - might paint the plastic black though

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 07-09-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long time Rob...need to see some updates.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Long time Rob...need to see some updates.

Washing it waxing it this weekend and putting in the Carbon Fiber headliner and Tues nigh off to car show - pics to follow
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ferrobi

Where did you get the aluminum pedal covers? They look great.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

ferrobi

Where did you get the aluminum pedal covers? They look great.

Back in the day on Ebay - have not seen them there for years (at least the ones that say "Ferrari" on them) - but did see a set maybe last year on e-bay that someone had bought and didn't need

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 07-10-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well its been a while since I've had her going - but finally rewired the old speedometer circuit board plus the stock odometer (just so that I can keep track of the original miles) before the new VDO to satisfy the stock ECM. Took a while but now it works great and no check engine light.

Pic of the odometer is all you can see and you can't see it unless you get down low - might paint the plastic black though

So, how did you do this...Re-attach the old Fiero speedo connector to the harness & plug the circuit board back in? I take it you must have spliced a wire in somewhere to get a VSS signal to the VDO speedo right?
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, how did you do this...Re-attach the old Fiero speedo connector to the harness & plug the circuit board back in? I take it you must have spliced a wire in somewhere to get a VSS signal to the VDO speedo right?

Well I went to Radio Shack as you said and got another set of 6 pin female/male wire connectors first - searched my garage next for the original speedo plug (that was fun - only one not in a pile with all the other connectors; guess i already had been looking at it awhile back and put in in a drawer and of course it was the last drawer i looked in ) - unhooked 6 pin speedo plug and wired car side 6 pin to original speedo plug - then spliced in 12V, ground, and VSS wire from those wires to six pin plug to go up to New VDO.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Well I took her out today and i am still having some issues with higher idle and a check engine light at every stop when it at running temperature - light goes out after i start going again though - i posted a detailed question in the Tech section if you want to chime in.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/117437.html

Thanks Rob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I took her out today and i am still having some issues with higher idle and a check engine light at every stop when it at running temperature - light goes out after i start going again though - i posted a detailed question in the Tech section if you want to chime in.

Thanks Rob

So did the old circuit board help at all? It sounds like the same problem as before.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So did the old circuit board help at all? It sounds like the same problem as before.

It had this problem before the dash replacement - the old circuit board got rid of the code 24 (no speed signal being detected)
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car Show today - It was really hot but a lot of interest in Ferrobi -

Add to Amida I did hear people say "that dash is COOL"
Cell Pics

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 09-23-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a fun event.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Rob

It was the EGR tube - broken / cracked right at the top. Ordered one from Ebay from FieroFever that I liked better than the one Fiero store is selling. Easily replaceable and it does not have a rubber core.

Now it idles at 900-1000 RPM - SWEET

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So was that the source of the problem & not the speedo signal? Good to hear that was resolved.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So was that the source of the problem & not the speedo signal? Good to hear that was resolved.

There were 2 problems - 1. unrelated to you (cracked EGR tube) and the other 2. due to a new speedometer without original fiero speedo circuit board -

2. You need the original fiero circuit board when doing an aftermarket speedo or you will get a check engine light. Please let others doing your dash swaps and keeping the stock ECM / engine know that you will get a code if you don't run fiero speedometer circuit board before the new speedo. The ECM needs signal from the original speedo to set IAC. Just a new aftermarket speedo alone will NOT send a signal back to the ECM.

1. Cracked EGR tube = vacuum leak = high rpm + sporadic engine light

852m4se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 852m4seSend a Private Message to 852m4seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
best looking kit car i have seen so far. very convincing. good job
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep...need more pics.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep...need more pics.

Of what? - Y'all let me know what kind of shots of her you want and I'll take her out and snap some.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a calendar shot with nice scenery or the pretty lady.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about a calendar shot with nice scenery or the pretty lady.

OK - going to get her out this weekend with my pretty lady for some scenic fall shots
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Well I took her for the last E-Check today. Next year 25 years old and no more E-checks plus I can get historic license plates. Hard to believe that I have only 24,760 original miles on it.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice sunny day for some pictures -

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005
I'll take some shots of the rear soon
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really great looking car. I bet you cant go anywhere without having people come up and marvel over your car.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

Really great looking car. I bet you cant go anywhere without having people come up and marvel over your car.

Well it does draw a bit of attention - just trying to take pictures yesterday was a task because 1 guy pulled up in his vette and got out to take pictures so i had to wait for him to take his pictures. Then a few groups of people came up to it and I had to wait for them. After we got home I thought I should of taken a picture of the guy taking pictures.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never seen this replica before - one of the few with real F40 dimensions - except for roof line

PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Stretched dimensions, as in one of the 3 that were from Wolfgang? Or is this a different one than he knows?

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:
When he mentioned "stretch," that immediately should throw a red flag with F40 replicas, even if the ad does sound serious. There is only one stretch F40 body that I know of, the Wolfgang F40 replica, and that car was shot down by Ferrari after maybe three bodies were splashed. This was in the mid-'90s. This body - if one were to go up for sale - would go for way WAY more than what your average kit car body would go for. I'd say $20,000 wouldn't be a unrealistic price just for the body and everything along with it intact. You would have a chance to build one of the only accurate F40 replicas out there.

Even if there is an afterthought F40 stretch made by someone, it would require so much work and fabrication that the cost would be quite high. You're talking about potentially cutting up an F40 kit, which is already getting difficult to find, then stretching the body from scratch, which wouldn't be an easy task. Then ensuring that all somehow holds together. HTXextremes here on the forum is doing just this, but it's far from finished.

Awesome car by the way, not sure if I've posted in here before, but it is gorgeous! Do you have any high-res versions of those latest photos?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know anything about yellow car - and re-sized all the new outdoor pics above except for a few I did not post - don't really know how to post hi-res pics.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:
^ Stretched dimensions, as in one of the 3 that were from Wolfgang? Or is this a different one than he knows?

That yellow car actually looks like it could be one of the Wolfgang Shultz cars. It has the right mirrors that the Wolfgang car has, and everything else - like placement of the two little vents on the hood and the headlight doors - are all very similar to a Wolfgang kit. The only thing throwing me off is the side vents, which look very close to the rear wheels (need a good side shot)...

I also would like to say great car ferrobi, as I don't think I've commented on your thread. Your car should serve as a example for anyone building any sort of kit car. It was a lot of goodness when you first got it, and you've shown with little tweaks you can even make it better.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT... with REALLY high mileage

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 10-14-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the follow-up on that^

I'd have to agree with you on the quality of Ferrobi's build. His and the Delorean00's 355 are what I show my friends when they ask about turning a Fiero into a Ferrari.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.dash sold

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 12-16-2011).]

VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Never seen this replica before - one of the few with real F40 dimensions - except for roof line

I want that!

It looks like a non stretched Fiero kit refited and resized to the proper dimensions.

[This message has been edited by VF1Skullangel (edited 11-05-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics...the pretty lady is missing though.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its been awhile since I have posted any pics and finally figured out the new PIP program. Whew.
I had a day off so I changed some fluids - Coolant / Oil .
Amida missed my pretty lady in the last pics so I got her in a couple shots before I covered up for the winter.
Merry Christmas to All

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd cover the car and not the "pretty lady" if I were you!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock