Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 512 (77876 views)
Last post by: dominic355 on 06-05-2023 02:37 PM
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never got the whole thing with tint over lights. Just seems to me to negate the whole pupose of the light. If i'm making a turn or braking i want people to see every bit of my indicators.

------------------

IP: Logged
goyal99

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2006 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goyal99Send a Private Message to goyal99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob

As a side question, what are you planing to fix on the 308 replica? DO you actually have an authentic looking front clip (not the MERA rebody) for your 308?? if so, let me know and take you please post some photos of the 308 here or email me directly (GOYAL99@yahoo.com) - Thanks

VK

[This message has been edited by goyal99 (edited 02-21-2006).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goyal99 -

The front clip was messed up from an accident when i bought the car so i bought a new one from CustomCoachCraft in Texas before he sold his operation to Pat Kalsmith. Mera type front clip. I also bought a new front bumber from Rodney Dickman and a set of used 5 star rims that where made in Australia. I just want to fix her up and sell it when done. I might start a seperate thread on this as i have many questions -

1 being that the front is a little crooked 1" higher on left side where accident happened

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 02-24-2006).]

goyal99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goyal99Send a Private Message to goyal99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update...

I was actually looking for an authentic copy of a 308/328 front clip, not the distorted Mera copy....I also send you a PM aquiring about the wheels and F40 engine plexy you had (still have?) for sale...Let me know if you still have them.

Regards - Vasilis

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2006 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on a little detail project on pop up lights. The inner 1/4 inch edges of lights where not finish painted so here goes.
Before

After

and bolt i found that is rubbing
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't make Carlisle this year. Maybe in '07

I am thinking of putting in a V8 and would like some ideas / pics from you guys.

Since the engine can be seen through lexan cover I want something that looks good too.

I like the intake on the LT5 but that thing is heavy and rare.

Rob
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think a Northstar or LS1 might look the best in there, an LT1 looks cool, but really are too common and known to help pass the Ferrari image. Deffenantly dont do a carbuerator if your looking to impress people through the lexan since that look is a bit dated, and they dont looked centered in the fiero bay.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2006 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroWannaBe

2289 posts
Member since Oct 2004
northstar engine
LS1
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view. LT1 swap
TPI 350

A DOHC LQ1 would really fill up the engine bay, but would behave very differently than the V8, less power but a much longer rev range, no hot rod thrump sound but a porsche-like whine.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank's FieroWannaBe, anybody else with ideas / pics ?
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
This has a fuel injected 5.9 litre V8

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 04-29-2006).]

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

proff

7393 posts
Member since Oct 2004
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
here in Australia.
Not my F40
wish it was with the 5.9 full worked V8
PFF
System Bot
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder why he went with 6 exhaust pipes. Especially with a v8, lil confused. I think it looks better with the traditional center exhaust pipes
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank's Proff - that 5.9 is pretty cool looking - any pics of it with rear hatch open?
aa2uk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aa2ukClick Here to visit aa2uk's HomePageSend a Private Message to aa2ukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of having a Northstar put in my F40. I will post pictures when done. Take care. Bill
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank's Bill - look forward to pics. I have though decided that I'm not going to use a Northstar transplant.

Rob

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 04-30-2006).]

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why have you decided against a Northstar?
Just felt like saying a SBC isn't going to be cheap, neither will a Northstar. The northstar revs higher, and doesn't require a adapter plate. But the SBC has aftermarket support up the whazzo.

Personally I think a high-reving motor would be the best for a this car, It will help support the spirit of the F40, which has a twin turbo V8 redlining at around 8,000rpms. Thats is why I think a northstar is the closest thing GM has that everyone knows can go in a Fiero.

Another neat looking swap is the Allante 4.5/4.9, Id expect the slightly lower performance than the 3.4 DOHC, but with v8 roar more torque and much less revs. the intakes on the allante and 3.4DOHC really help fill up the bay, and with the rear hatch window a full engine bay would really spice things up.

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroWannaBe

2289 posts
Member since Oct 2004
http://www.rogerscorvette.com/spots/jul05/lt5-2.jpg]http://www.rogerscorvette.com/spots/jul05/lt5-2.jpg
Yea the LT5 is heavy, rare, and I hear unreliable, not to mention huge. Would it even fit in the engine bay? No one has doen it yet that I know of.
Most twin cam v8's and v6's tend to be on the heavy side however. but the amount of revs that can be pulled out of them is the fun part.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 04-30-2006).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroWannabe - No particular reason but I have decided that the Northstar isn't what I want. And if things turn out the way I plan I'm going to have a engine cover replicated from a Ferrari that will cover any signs of whats underneath.

Rob
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some new decals today

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Who ever said green is the color of envy has never seen a red F40"

Can't believe I missed this thread. I absolutely love the car, nice. One of my favorites.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

"Who ever said green is the color of envy has never seen a red F40"

Can't believe I missed this thread. I absolutely love the car, nice. One of my favorites.

Thank's topher time that sure means alot to me

Rob
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice awsome job welcome and thx for the great pics
Rob
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie - got any ideas for engine transplants ?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Archie - got any ideas for engine transplants ?

How about a nice all chromed out LS1 W/CF coil covers to put under that big back window?

Archie
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey now that sounds good - maybe winter ' 07 i should do the swap.

Have never seen CF coil covers - got any pics?

Rob
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New Floor mats arrived today - bit pricey but so nice

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought this was a neat pic also

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am curious as to how many other people have a F40 replica and if so would you post some pics
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have such a ncie car, how come you're using a rod to hold the rear deck up/open ? Isn't it made to accomodate struts of some kind ?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to keep everything like the original car had which was a 2 piece metal rod. Plus I am not to sure about gas struts pushing on fiberglass all the time when closed.

Rob
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The struts would also make access to engine even more difficult. I like to come in on the sides.

Rob
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome looking!

Usually Ferrari kits looks odd with the tires, with odd wheel base, but yours look great to me! An Archie V8 would certainly make a huge difference. Hope you get to make that mod soon.

If you could offset the tires a little I think that would add to the original look - but now I'm just being finicky. Someone else pointed this out on the firs page of the thread.

Are you going to be at D7? Would really enjoy a close look then, if possible.

Dave

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am starting to think about wheel spacers. Couple things though - first the added stress on bearings not huge deal but what about the front. If I put spacers on front it will rub more than it does now when you make a tight turn. We'll see maybe in future. Total suspension upgrade is what i'd like to do some day - coilovers, konis, wide track, new rims with diff offsets - u know big bucks

What's D7

Rob
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to do a euro dash in the future and have a couple of questions about which one is better or are they the same.

Pisa or John Rudl from Kitcaraccesories.

Rob
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

I want to do a euro dash in the future and have a couple of questions about which one is better or are they the same.

Pisa or John Rudl from Kitcaraccesories.

Rob

The one that Troyboy has is a really, really nice one but,.... it isn't Ferrari yeah know.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm only looking for a euro dash because it is similiar to real F40

Here are the link's to both dashes - does anybody know differences between them?

Pisa
http://pisafierohq.com/interiors/fiero_3-08/

John Rudl - Kitcaraccesories
http://www.kitcar.com/CR/CRInterior.html

Rob
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-24-2007).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep that's what they both look like. I sent e-mail to John Rudl to see what is different from his and Pisa's.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Here is a real F40 dash

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock