Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 518 (78052 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 04-21-2024 12:40 AM
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob,

HappyNewyear! Did some 355 work for a few days, now I'm back on the F40. Mocked up the gauge trio & stereo with some scrap upholstery to see how it looks. I think I'll space out the gauges another 1/8" & make the holes a little smaller. Get your new seats fitted?

Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA

Haven't fitted new seats yet. Passengers with hips (girlfriend Christina) will be a very snug fit. ????
They fit me tight and I am going to see if I can bend out sides on passenger seat a little.

IP: Logged
Doc John

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like how the gauges are slightly angled towards the driver. Think you'll have it done in time for Carlisle?

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to turbo this V6 or is that guage static?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Amida found original material and it is Very expensive. I like the look of leather a little better than original dash felt stuff but I might change my mind and go the original route. It would be nice to find some material similar to original stuff but without the big $$$.

Rob

How about Alcantara/Ultrasuede/Microsuede?

Softer than the felt, looks very similiar, and looks very classy. Not to mention most modern limited edition exotics use it. Alcantara Suede is very much in style now (i.e.: Lambo Reventon, Lambo Gallardo Ultraleggera, I think the Aston Martin DBS and Ferrari FFX, too, not sure about the last two) (even the real cars use Alcantara (or various brand names of it), as real Suede wears too easy.)

Btw. Amida.. This looks absolutely awesome!!!!
So jealous.

If I could afford it, I'd love to commission a Lambo Reventon, or Lambo Gallardo Ultraleggera, or Aston Martin DBS interior.
Those cars are just to die for.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 01-06-2008).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Think you'll have it done in time for Carlisle?

That depends on when it gets done and if I get it installed in time and weather I can find a way to transport it there.

------------------

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Are you going to turbo this V6 or is that guage static?

Just for show - we haven't talked about the guages I will get and their placement but I won't have a turbo.

Rob

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 01-07-2008).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a small note to draw your attention to the guage face I have on eBay that you might be interested in

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=150203902042

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-08-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

How about Alcantara/Ultrasuede/Microsuede?

Softer than the felt, looks very similiar, and looks very classy. Not to mention most modern limited edition exotics use it. Alcantara Suede is very much in style now (i.e.: Lambo Reventon, Lambo Gallardo Ultraleggera, I think the Aston Martin DBS and Ferrari FFX, too, not sure about the last two) (even the real cars use Alcantara (or various brand names of it), as real Suede wears too easy.)

Btw. Amida.. This looks absolutely awesome!!!!
So jealous.

If I could afford it, I'd love to commission a Lambo Reventon, or Lambo Gallardo Ultraleggera, or Aston Martin DBS interior.
Those cars are just to die for.

Yes, I thought I'd try charcoal suede on the first test piece after I get the tooling made which it won't be long now. Thanks.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Yes, I thought I'd try charcoal suede on the first test piece after I get the tooling made which it won't be long now. Thanks.

Alcantara/Micro-suede, or real cow hide? Can't wait to see pictures in either case.

-M
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are shots of the final mockup before tooling. Reduced the hole size for the gauge trio & some edges have been radiused. The height of the fuel tunnel makes it a little tight under the dash for the heater vents. The console can either be cut shorter/ angled down at a steeper angle, or the vents can be tucked under the dash slightly.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob,

Here's a couple of shots of your instrument pod that I fabricated using a layer of carbon fiber & clear gelcoat.

My first impression is that the gelcoat is not as clear as I thought it would be. It is slightly milky , and even though I vacuum bagged it during curing there are still small air bubbles underneath the gelcoat. This one should be upholstered. With one layer of carbon & glass it's a very stiff piece, however. I wish I had the facility & equipment to do dry carbon work.

Rob
Seattle, WA. USA

PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Screw quality, that looks awesome, put it on!
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida doesn't give up - I am amazed at what he can do - AWESOME

" Attached photos of a new pod that I did in carbon but without the gelcoat. I sprayed it with alcohol to hide the dust from sanding. I think it looks alot better, but will need to be sprayed with a clearcoat paint later. We can use this for your dash if you want the CF look in place of the upholstery."

Rob
Seattle, WA. USA

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Found VDO 220 MPH speedo here in states.

http://store.summitracing.c...arch&DDS=1&N=700+115

Inlays for speedo and tach

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pics -

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 02-14-2008).]

Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enzo would be getting red if he could still life for this gigantick work quality that´s far out !!!!!!!!
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More

HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin great! Wish mine was half that far along.

------------------
'88 Coupe (extensive mods underway)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086359.html

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HTXtremes:

Lookin great! Wish mine was half that far along.

Thank's - yours looks like it's coming along nicely. Like the stretch. I can't wait till my replica dash is done.

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow .........
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!!

Also, great job Amida!! that CF looks awesome. (and it's not the easiest material to work with.)
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to hear that Rob has completed his new bumper design and will start back on some interior work.

From Amida (Rob) -

"Designwork on this project is now complete. I didn't plan for it to take this long, but it's done now & I'm switching mental gears back to interior work including your F40. I think I understand now why John at AD doesn't do 360 bumpers; it's ALOT of work."

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 03-31-2008).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-14-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got update from Amida today - he sure is doing a great job - All I can say is WOW

"Hi Rob,

Here are some shots from today of the Fi40 dash model getting primed. If you can see it the dash is actually arched on both the top & front surfaces & even the bottom edge as well. I noticed that feature on the F40 at last season's car show.

Are you thinking of going with black vinyl or leather? Or something like Ultra suede?"

Rob
FieroVation
Seattle, WA. USA

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some samples today for interior upholstery. I think the Granite Suede is pretty close to original look. But I don't know if I will like it against my black carpet. Should I just keep it all black and go with Black Leather?

Rob

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it would look good suede if the center console was the same material

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decided to go with Granite suede color for dash and console - close to original dash material.
fierogt17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2008 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt17Send a Private Message to fierogt17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
look who I spotted in grand theft auto san andreas
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida got the suede material in - I like it

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i envy you sir. i envy you to the point where i hate you... i hate you soo damn much.
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

i envy you sir. i envy you to the point where i hate you... i hate you soo damn much.

What?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just give him the car and he will love you.
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

I was searching for ideas for my F40 project and came across your's. I read you are looking for door panel ideas. If you are interested I have pictures of an F40 replica with very realistic functioning door panels. I also have photos to share of my engine compartment which has fooled a few (non F40) Ferrari owners. If interested send me an email using address in membership list.

Dana
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida's plugcoat and dash plug progress

Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Got some samples today for interior upholstery. I think the Granite Suede is pretty close to original look. But I don't know if I will like it against my black carpet. Should I just keep it all black and go with Black Leather?

Rob

Black carpet will blend with anything. If it's old & showing wear It'll be a good idea to replace it.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Black carpet will blend with anything. If it's old & showing wear It'll be a good idea to replace it.

Carpet is new aftermarket black and I think it is going to look great with the Granite Suede.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
I ordered the VDO Vision 220 mph speedo today and should have it by 7-12

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-19-2008).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test fitting the dash -

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VDO 220 MPH Speedo arrived today - only took a month to get.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 07-20-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock