Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 512 (77876 views)
Last post by: dominic355 on 06-05-2023 02:37 PM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote you paint your black too

IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Originally posted by Bridgetown \ I vote you paint your black too
I agree - change is a good thing sometimes. Been working in my spare time redoing our basement so after that I will get back to the dash project. Boy if Amida would be interested in coming out for a few days and working on it with me that would be great.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 03-02-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Originally posted by Bridgetown \ I vote you paint your black too
I agree - change is a good thing sometimes. Been working in my spare time redoing our basement so after that I will get back to the dash project. Boy if Amida would be interested in coming out for a few days and working on it with me that would be great.

Gosh, maybe I should start an installation business as an option. I had another guy ask me about installation a little while back. I hate plane travel so it'll have to be worth my while.

Black is badass! but, save it for your next project instead of scrapping your already nice red paintjob.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice. I'm liking black more & more....might have to re-color my beater Formula.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-13-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any progress? 2010 show season is starting ya know.
328 mera

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 328 meraSend a Private Message to 328 meraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you did a great job;
great interiors
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BIG UPDATE - Rob "AMIDA" came across the country and installed / wired up the dash _ AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MORE pics to come later but here are a few of the master and install - not quite done - close though.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks fantastic! You've done a great job putting this together!
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BIG UPDATE - Rob "AMIDA" came across the country and installed / wired up the dash _ AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<SNIP >

Now that's what I call door to door service.

Very cool -

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Me likey!

The black one with those wheels looks sick!
PFF
System Bot
328 mera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 328 meraSend a Private Message to 328 meraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FED EX dropped off the most amazing piece of work I have EVER seen! Hats off to Rob "AMIDA" for what is truly a piece of art. Amazing craftmanship, I can't get over it - also it was packed so well he could have put in a dozen eggs and none off them would have broke.

328 mera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 328 meraSend a Private Message to 328 meraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

328 mera

48 posts
Member since Oct 2009
you did a great job with dash.
where i can find a center console like yours?
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont think you are just going to "find" one like that!
328 mera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 328 meraSend a Private Message to 328 meraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bump:

I dont think you are just going to "find" one like that!

i agree...
328 mera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 328 meraSend a Private Message to 328 meraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

328 mera

48 posts
Member since Oct 2009
but 'i've seen somewhere ,there is a sort of " mainfacturer" of those "355 styled" center consoles.....

take a loot at this:

http://www.ironmanarmory.com/merarrari/mera1a.html
a rob/fiero is mentioned about those center consoles...
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need to see this car do a doughnut burnout on video.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I missing something or is that not an Amida centre console? I have one that looks just like it only not covered yet.

Am I missing something or is the fellow asking about a centre console missing something???

Cheers
Don
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Am I missing something or is that not an Amida centre console? I have one that looks just like it only not covered yet.

Am I missing something or is the fellow asking about a centre console missing something???

Cheers
Don

That console is Amida's

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by Amida:

We need to see this car do a doughnut burnout on video.

I wish I could - need a little more HP than a stock V6 to churn the 335's out back - ARCHIE SWAP LS3

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its all in - few problems with speedo setting and HVAC but it sure is beautiful.

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks real nice Rob! I'll bet it feels like a completely different car now when you drive it.

Try spraying wd40, or a low odor lube in the hvac cables to loosen it up...defrost gate may not be closing completely.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Try spraying wd40, or a low odor lube in the hvac cables to loosen it up...defrost gate may not be closing completely.

I found out that when I installed the trio of vents under the dash that it was hitting the green HVAC actuator arm and stopping it from moving the cable. Moved vents forward 1/4 inch and now it works. Except on the console dial when you turn it to blow on feet it blows on the windshield and when you turn it to defrost it blows on your feet (backwards). Well i'll see about that later. New seats are VERY tight but they are much better looking than the last set of MOMO's. Got a intermittent ENGINE light that comes and goes when car gets warmed up after a few miles. It comes on and goes off. Usually it goes on when coming to a stop and then goes off when you get going again - but will come back on again. I checked it last year and no codes where showing. I'll check it again to see if any codes are in computer. If not i'll post a question in the Tech section to see if anyone has any ideas what it might be. OHH - also reset the speedo on the AUTO Calculate 1 mile thing and all is well.
Rob

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-14-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did we use teflon tape on the engine temp sensor? If so I wonder if that's causing a poor ground in the circuit tripping on the check engine light.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks very nice.

Will the door panels be done in the same material as the dash? Must feel real cozy in there!
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did we use teflon tape on the engine temp sensor? If so I wonder if that's causing a poor ground in the circuit tripping on the check engine light.

No this was happening before we did the sensor work
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by doublec4:

Looks very nice.

Will the door panels be done in the same material as the dash? Must feel real cozy in there!

No - for right now I am going to finish the lower part in Carbon Fiber and if Rob decides he wants to make some Full Carbon Fiber door panels like the real F40 has than that would be great.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELP - Does anybody know how to wire up an aftermarket speedometer (I have a VDO programable) so that it sends a signal to the ECM. I am getting code 24 since Rob came out and installed dash and gauges. The speedo works fine but the ECM is not getting a signal telling the speed. Thus code 24 plus idle is up because I think computer does not know where to set IAC valve. Is true that I have to run the original fiero speedometer (circuit board only??) to get the 2000 ppm to the ECM or is there any easier way ?. Any help would sure be appreciated as I'm not to good with this kind of electronic stuff and I cant seem to get a hold of Rob "Amida" lately. Would love to be able to drive my ride this summer.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

I vote you paint your black too

On second thought I changed my mind.

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks great ferrobi! That sure looks like an F355 center console insert... can you actually use the gates?

Even though your console looks awesome, I'd like to suggest something that might improve yours even more... depending on what your tastes are. Rather than being able to see all the wiring and cables down through the shift gate, I learned a little trick with my 308 kit a number of years ago. I cut out a thin rectangular frame out of a sheet of aluminum the same size at the shift gate with just a rectangular hole in the middle (ie no gates). Then, I loosely stretched two layers of black nylon stocking material over it and got my wife to sew it like a pocket completely covering the frame. Next, she sewed a button hole with her machine in the center of the nylon to allow it to slide over the shifter once the ball was removed. Finally, I mounted the thin metal frame underneath the shift gate so that the only thing seen is the black nylon. The nylon material easily stretches enough so that no matter which position the shifter is in, all you see when you look at the gate is blackness. It also prevent things like coins etc from falling into the console. Here's a couple pics with the shifter in reverse and first... note that there aren't even any wrinkles in the nylon.

mikej6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mikej6Send a Private Message to mikej6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where does a person buy the back glass for a f 40?
and how much does it cost?
Mine has a flat lexon back.
or does anyone know where to buy the clear vents by there self?
MIKE
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikej6:

where does a person buy the back glass for a f 40?
and how much does it cost?
Mine has a flat lexon back.
or does anyone know where to buy the clear vents by there self?
MIKE

Normsfiberglass 574 255 7843

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my Carbon Fiber headliner today from RUNDLC - Thank's - it really is nice in person - some pics to try and show you all.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you were able to get that from him. It is a shame that Dkov stopped making them. It looks great especially in the red and black twill.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its winter and not much new with Ferrobi - Gotta install the CF headliner / hook up original speedo and run new VDO from that.
Then i have to think about what the next plan / project will be - I think i want an all new suspension before a motor swap.
But also I'm thinking of selling her for some $ for my longtime love - Countach replica full length non anniversary.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some Ferrari 348 mirrors on there way - will post pics when i get em - the original F40 mirrors never did anything for me and my current Vitaloni's are alright but i couldn't pass up this deal on a rare and usually expensive set of mirrors with power / heat etc.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 03-24-2011).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got new Ferrari 348 Mirrors today - what i have now and what is to be pictures (will be painted red though).

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 03-28-2011).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got new Ferrari 348 Mirrors today - what i have now and what is to be pictures (will be painted red though).

Very rare and expensive mirrors. Looks great!

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MC widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now i would like to see some pics of Troy's 430 mirrors from the inside with the door open - (Bracket used)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock