Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 512 (77875 views)
Last post by: dominic355 on 06-05-2023 02:37 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Thinking of changing my current Momo seats for these Momo Corse seats. Good idea?

I saw those MOMO seats (several) at a shop in CA. In my case (choptop and on the chunky side) I'm passing on them but maybe you'll like these?

IP: Logged
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl - those are nice but I am trying to get as close as possible to real F40 seat look - Gotta be red.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I see your dilemma. Yeah, the ones I were sitting in are different but they do come in custom one colored styles and the backside are real carbon at $1300 a seat! The chrome plated hareware is the complet package.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-13-2007).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From Amida "Dash making Perfectionist"

I've been working on the switch design prototype for the dash. Attached a couple pics. The original Ferrari switch is on the left. The round recessed area on the prototype is where the new graphics will be placed. I think it should work fine. I'll still need to build a mould & pop out a few copies before I can design the switch panel for it.

Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got Momo Corse's delivered today - I like them a lot. Much better than my current Momo's. Can't gain any weight though as they are a very snug fit. Anyone interested in my other Momo's let me know - $300.00 for both plus shipping.

Rob

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-22-2007).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-14-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me making $ for car.

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Me making $ for car.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

dude, buy a scaffold first!
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

dude, buy a scaffold first!

Scaffold? Can't work as fast as i can with setup and takedown of scaffolding. Used them years ago and found i can save more time than you can imagine and make lot more money leaving the scaffold at home.
To keep a wet edge I have no time to mess around with scaffooling.

Rob

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-23-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To keep a wet edge

Dude, you're gonna wet yourself on the way down.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know some of you might think that pic of me spraying on the ladders looks dangerous. But in the picture I'm just moving from one ladder to the next one and I have been doing this for so long I don't go down and back up anymore - I just hop to the next one and have one of my employees on the ground move ladders ahead of me. Now about getting wet - The only one that needs to get wet is my friend Ted Batchelor whom I bought my painting company from. He currently holds the Guinness World Record for the longest full-body burn without oxygen. 2 minutes 38 seconds - July 17, 2004

Ted all wrapped up before burn and me the timer.

Getting Hot

Full Burn
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dash update -

Upper dash surface created off of 355 dash mold.

Switches with graphics applied. Very accurate to original F40 switches.

Rob
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005
And instrument cluster lights

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin VERY good. I know where you got the instrument lights , but where did you get the switches ? Did you apply the graphics yourself - how ?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Lookin VERY good. I know where you got the instrument lights , but where did you get the switches ? Did you apply the graphics yourself - how ?

All the dash update pics are from Amida

Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That explains it . He does terrific work ...
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello as said before its Wolfgangs car. Its not built to fit on a stock fiero chassis as its lenghten and cut down in the back window area. As far as I know hes out of business nor do I know where the molds are just that he owes me for three rear louvered windows but that was a long time ago. Thanks Norm

From what I understand, Wolfgang made molds for the F40 and the 308. His molds were so close that Ferrari themselves had their lawyers go after him. In a deal of some sort, they had to crush the molds.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a different F40 replica

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the ones who get careless who end up in wheel chairs

J/K

I love your work I put this on my favs can't believe I missed this thread before.
JoshF-40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JoshF-40Send a Private Message to JoshF-40Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First and foremost Bob, great job on the build, the F-40 replica looks very convincing. I am in year 2 of my build and have reached a financial restriction forcing me to sell. I stumbled upon your build a week or so ago in my never ending search for others like myself. I have done many custom modifications that really add to the authentic look of the F-40. I have removed the rear trunk area re-welding with sheets of steel to recreate an authentic rear end also installing a custom rear strut tower bar that looks like the one on the real F-40. Also I have created rear windows instead of the side sills that are painted black to give the appearance of a tinted window. All panels are installed with the exception of the rear bumper which I can install if needed. The car is based off of a 1986 Fiero V-6 chassis. I have many upgrades which include: 1992 corvette motor, V-8 Archie install kit with many of the upgrades, electric water pump, upgraded starter, oil relocation kit, urethane cradle mounts, new wiring harness, urethane transmission mounts, upgraded high flow fuel pump, Archie 4 core radiator, headers, MSG ignition cables, new NGK plugs, and shifter cables. The engine, transmission, cradle, and engine bay have been painted in black 3+ coats; with the valve covers in red. The motor is installed on cradle and is in the car ready to run. The suspension has been upgraded to koni shocks & struts, lowered front end and adjustable coilovers in rear. The wheels are manufactured by Compomitive which measure rear 17x13 rear and 17x8 in front which is true to the real F-40. The rubber that surrounds the wheels is the Michelin MXX series which was included on the original F-40s 235x45x17 front and 335x35x17 in the rear. Additionally I have in the interior a replica fiberglass dashboard and a Momo leather steering wheel with OEM Ferrari horn button and two Sablet 3inch 5 point harnesses. I also have many OEM Ferrari parts that I can include in the purchase. I have the OEM F-40 muffler, OEM F-40 clutch and brake pedals, OEM rear tail lights (red and the amber), OEM emblems for noise, rear script, and the "designed by". Also I have the replica metal shields, and carbon fiber F-1 mirrors. I think that about sums this up. If you guys are interested please email me or call me for pricing, Pictures, and additional details. JHover83@yahoo.com - (630) 802-1313.
~Joshua Hover

[This message has been edited by JoshF-40 (edited 07-23-2007).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JoshF-40:

If you guys are interested please email me or call me for pricing, Pictures, and additional details. JHover83@yahoo.com - (630) 802-1313.
~Joshua Hover

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you live in like Montgomery? Near Camaro Cadillac(ish)
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Do you live in like Montgomery? Near Camaro Cadillac(ish)

Huh - Near Camaro Cadillac(ish) ?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dash is now being mocked up.

Some pics of Rob's progress

Rob
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was so glad to come home today and see my two new rear tires. I tried a different tire company (TireSavings.com). I used to always use Tirerack but was able to get these about $ 25.00 cheaper per tire as compared to Tirerack. They are also different from my old rear Michelin Pilot Sports. These are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's 335/35/17 that are supposed to be a little better on wear and little less road noise. Here are some pics - Gotta love the width.

Rob

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I meant kind of in that general direction. Do you even live Cincy? I just ask because near montgomery road there is a red F40 that looks alot like yours.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I meant kind of in that general direction. Do you even live Cincy? I just ask because near montgomery road there is a red F40 that looks alot like yours.

That must be another F40 replica.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More dash progress pics.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Real F40 Dash for some comparison

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 08-13-2007).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More dash mockup pics -

PFF
System Bot
HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin great keep up the good work!! How much you want for a blank shell of your dash? LOL
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pfieffer (sp?) Road is what I meant. You mentioned you are a painter and I see a painters van there often (yeah I am stalking you lol), but there is also a Testarossa replica there, and you never mentioned you had one. Good work on the dash, it looks dead on.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HTXtremes:

How much you want for a blank shell of your dash? LOL

Rob is dash maker - fierointeriors@juno.com is who you should contact.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

619 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Pfieffer (sp?) Road is what I meant. You mentioned you are a painter and I see a painters van there often (yeah I am stalking you lol), but there is also a Testarossa replica there, and you never mentioned you had one. Good work on the dash, it looks dead on.

Sorry I don't live in Cincinnatti
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob is dash maker - fierointeriors@juno.com is who you should contact.

Yes, yes. To Rob you go to. Powerful dashmaker is he. Powerful dashmaker. I have his 355 dash sitting at home right now awaiting installation once I finish everything else on the car. I've never seen it's equal.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for updates!

------------------
'88 Coupe (extensive mods underway)
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086359.html

[This message has been edited by HTXtremes (edited 10-04-2007).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No updates till this weekend on dash - But took her out tonight and decided to take some pics of parking lights in dark

HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you using for driving lights on your car?

------------------
'88 Coupe (extensive mods underway)
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086359.html

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to a car show today and saw a pair of real F40s.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067545.html

Man were they sweet ! Talked to one of the owners for a good bit and he told me the think drives like it is on rails !

The massive 13" wide wheels were really impressive.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-21-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock