Started on: 02-17-2009 01:19 PM
Replies: 355 (48434 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 07-26-2018 10:13 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking forward to seeing you take this one to an even greater level.

Congratulations.
IP: Logged
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll update some pics later. But small update:

1) Paint refinishing almost complete, not perfect, but turning out very well considering what we had to work with.
2) New Audio/Video system en route.
3) New "GloShift" gauges and carbon fibered dash plate installed.
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pic of the new GloShift gauges. Likely need a new O2 sensor:

Paint refinishing getting there. I wet sanded the entire car down....3 times, then used Diamond Cut compound, then another compound, then polish.......guh...

That paint job was just horrendous. So many runs to get out, 3 or 4 coats of just enamel slapped on....all uneven. Hope I never have to do this again. Paint won't be perfect but will be a massive improvement. In a few years I'll probably have a Black pearl paint job done......but really don't want to think about paint at all at this point....

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Audio/Video system installed, just waiting for the Amp to show up.

Had to cut the dash just a little bit to get it to fit properly, but surprisingly bolts into the stock radio holes.

Awesome setup, the face-plate is actually a detachable 7" Android 4.0 tablet. Has Back-up camera, DVR, navigation, and anything a tablet could have. Even Angry Birds! lol Has plenty of room, back-up camera is tied to a manual switch to pop it on and off at will instead of just when the car is in reverse.

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had it at a small local car show yesterday. Got a lot of attention and not one person knew what it actually was until their either asked or saw the badge.
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Working on a new Carb now. The 750 cfm summit on it was junk too. Slapped on a custom 930 cfm and damn did this car scream. Night and day difference. 930 is a bit much, so probably go to an 800 and make adjustments from there.

Loosened up the suspension too, nice soft ride on the freeway.
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post some video please! I have always liked this car a lot
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I certainly will once we get it running properly.
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always loved this car. Any dyno runs in the future? Are you going to keep the wheels?
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully all that at some point. Wheels, tires, suspension are all great, so not touching those. Just got the new Carb on today and need to get it set properly. Air/Fuel ratio is a little off. New alternator is on the way too. The stock 74 amp junk one is still on there, with the sound system and all it can't handle it. So ordered a 140 amp one. One of rotors is warped as well.

Doing my best to get this car back in perfect condition and/or make some quick improvements.
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Plugs changed, man what a pain. Had to take the alternator off to get to the last pair. I think these are the same ones originally installed:

Got the new Holly 750 cfm double pumper installed. Runs a lot better, great throttle response, but still needs a little tuning. Fuel pressure gauge put on too....kinda surprised it never had one to begin with.

And forgot to mention the new headliner installed. lol Had carbon fiber sun visors as well:

Should have the new Alternator in stock and installed Tuesday or Wednesday. Not much more to go until it's back to 100%.
PFF
System Bot
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the rear hatch glass taken off and resealed, new tips put on and straightened out:

Did a little carbon fiber bezel on the dash:

And cleaned it up a bit for the next show. Just a tune and taking care of a warped rotor left and it's back to 100%:
zkhennings

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking realllyyy nice... Also, is that an SRT cherokee?
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, it's a 2014 JGC SRT. Love the headlights. :P
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rotors came out good, not just a matter of fixing a stripped bolt hole on one of the calipers. grrrr
zkhennings

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are sick headlights, you should look into some halo headlights for your fiero, I think they would look amazing, especially with the flipper hood
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by zkhennings (edited 08-13-2013).]

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought about doing a HID upgrade with Halos. I had halo's stock on my old M6 and really liked them after a bulb upgrade. Did a halo kit / HID upgrade on my old Trailblazer SS as well, and that just looked awesome, but always had electrical issues with them.
zkhennings

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I advocate for Halos! I don't know how much you would be into this, but with your very black car, some red Halos would make it look absolutely wicked.
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been trying to find some new headlights that I can replace with built in halos instead of trying to customize. Just a huge pain to do it that way since the car is already so modified.
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long time since I've posted any updates, but still working on this car quite a bit.

Just recently got a complete EFI kit installed. It's Edelbrocks "E-street" EFI kit with universal sump. Love the tablet it comes with, got to program and adjust the settings on the fly while driving.

Quick YouTube video of it running and walk around. It was running very rich when the video was taken, but that's been fixed.
87' Fiero on Youtube!
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the car running almost perfect! Just a bit more tweakage to go. Runs strong, great throttle response, just a little hesitation at low RPMs cruising around 30 - 35 mph. Think just toning the AFR down a bit will fix that. Actually had it airborn....just a bit....lol

Next thing I have to fix is that crap digital dash. Not accurate at all and at high RPMs it actually falls to 0 on the readout. Just plain junk.

Anyone have suggestions on a good replacement instrument cluster / custom solution?

[This message has been edited by Division (edited 07-02-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I didn't know you ended up with this car. Very cool. I don't know if you remember, I contacted your a while ago because I'm over in Chesterton, I wanted to come check out what you had done on your other car, and the wrap. I'd definitely like to see this car in person. Looks like that car show picture was up at Al' s in Michigan City, I make it up there occasionally. Michigan City Street scene is having their gathering on the 12th at long John silvers, I'm sure you would really turn some heads up there. I plan to go, hope to see you there so I can check this thing out!
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to remember that. July 12th I should be able to make. What time does that start?
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup July 12th. Starts at 6pm and goes until the last person leaves it seems. I've only made it to one of their meets and I didn't get there until like 10:30 and there was still a decent crowd there.
everett842m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for everett842m4Send a Private Message to everett842m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice work it , its just toooo beautiful
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update? I sure miss this car...
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know who owns this car now?

Thanks

Archie
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just replied to you Archie. I no longer own it, but did sell to someone who visits the forums. Afraid I can't recall their info though.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Does anyone know who owns this car now?

Thanks

Archie

I don't know who owns the car but I can tell you this, I really miss those days of innovating and customizing Fieros. Curly, Troy, Leroy, and most of the names that posted in this thread who are no longer with us. Those were the good old days. I really miss them

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-12-2018).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I don't know who owns the car but I can tell you this, I really miss those days of innovating and customizing Fieros. Curly, Troy, Leroy, and most of the names that posted in this thread who are no longer with us. Those were the good old days. I really miss them

Reading through countless threads of interesting and new innovative mods seem to be gone. I agree with you completely.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2018 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed...

Bob
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly is still out there customizing and driving his Fieros, he just moved on to another forum. He also has other cars he is modifying as well.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, those were the days.

I've still been building a few cars out here but not like the old days.

I'm going to try to start posting here more often. Don't really get into or like Facebook like I did PFF.

Archie

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Yes, those were the days.

I've still been building a few cars out here but not like the old days.

I'm going to try to start posting here more often. Don't really get into or like Facebook like I did PFF.

Archie

Archie, good to see you. I've moved on to Solstices's (ChopTop #4). But I pop on here from time to time because after all these years I still like seeing a good looking Fiero. About the only time I see them now is at the Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise which is coming up, and is always the 3rd Saturday of August. BTW, does anyone chops Fiero's anymore? Take care.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChopTop:

Archie, good to see you. I've moved on to Solstices's (ChopTop #4). But I pop on here from time to time because after all these years I still like seeing a good looking Fiero. About the only time I see them now is at the Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise which is coming up, and is always the 3rd Saturday of August. BTW, does anyone chops Fiero's anymore? Take care.

Cool, show us your Solstice. Or you can email me some pics at Archie@v8archie.com

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChopTop:

Heeeeey Choptop glad to see you still checking in from time to time. I still have and am working on #4.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock